Army Bans Select African-American Fem...

Army Bans Select African-American Female Hairstyles

There are 17 comments on the The Afro American Newspaper story from Apr 5, 2014, titled Army Bans Select African-American Female Hairstyles. In it, The Afro American Newspaper reports that:

U.S. Army released a new appearance and grooming parameter which included three hairstyles that are now "unauthorized": multiple large braids, headbands other than plain devices, and twists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Afro American Newspaper.

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#1 Apr 5, 2014
So no more than 2 large braids (though no apparent limits on micros or cornrows less than 1/4" wide), no dreadlocks, no flat twists, no loose twists, and no ornate headbands.

I'm not a BW, but I support diversity and pragmatism. Most of the styles in question are convenient and don't interfere with headgear. Since I don't like BP evaluating our people and trying to decide what we should wear, I don't think some White commander should dictate what he thinks is "professional" for ethnic minorities. I've seen such styles in professional settings and for someone to take it on their own and say it is not and force that down others' throats is not right.

And here is the petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/rec...

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Apr 6, 2014
Deal with it...

Spotted World

#3 Apr 6, 2014
fair_guy wrote:
Deal with it...
Just like you should just accept hate slurs? The commander sounds like a racist who think's Black hairstyles, and their hair for that matter, is just disgusting.
Ugh

Houston, TX

#4 Apr 6, 2014
You didn't have to state that you aren't a Black woman and that you don't like Black people telling you how to dress. That had nothing to do with the topic or the article you cited. Why you felt that was necessary to be mention, speaks volume about your mental failings.
Drilling for the nerve

Batavia, NY

#5 Apr 6, 2014
Dear SG,

Your views on the military and Obama's views on the military coincide. Neither one of you will be happy until our military is reduced to 3rd world status.
Saved By Zero

Houston, TX

#6 Apr 6, 2014
They should just shave their heads. It would be a lot more sanitary since bw never wash their hair anyway.

Spotted World

#7 Apr 6, 2014
Ugh wrote:
You didn't have to state that you aren't a Black woman and that you don't like Black people telling you how to dress. That had nothing to do with the topic or the article you cited. Why you felt that was necessary to be mention, speaks volume about your mental failings.
Sharing such says nothing about me at all, but my healthy motivations and pure character.

I have the right to be an individual and express myself. That is what these boards are for. It was proper for me to share my background and motivations for my opinion. BP deserve to know when there are White allies, even reluctant ones, taking up for them and their causes. What I shared was part of the background to give credibility, and was needed to show why I formed my opinion. When you can take bad, racist, immoral things like folks outside your race noticing or trying to control what you wear, and use that to help EVEN the disrespectful people who do this to you and take up for those of the other race against some within your own group who do the same in the other direction, that says a lot to one's character and the ability to show empathy. Being abused by outsiders and then taking up for the same outsiders when they face the same abuse shows someone with a healthy heart and soul.

You should know that different genders have different ways of communicating, and calling a woman insane because she shares her feelings with every interaction like every White woman is supposed to do. Giving such extra information is what EVERY White woman does. It is inborn. There are male brains and female brains, and both are equally normal.

Maybe you cannot accept that you are in the US, and in the US, genders are treated as equals and assumed to be equally as intelligent, and equally good for public work and sharing opinions in public. So in nonsexual matters, a woman speaking to a man in an intellectual manner is the same as a man speaking to another man in an intellectual manner. You likely are frightened by women of my high intellectual caliber and think women are only good to be degraded, used as punching bags, harassed for sex nonstop, and degrading herself to a nonstop baby factory. You probably think women should be seen but not heard, beaten into submission like children or slaves, and kept barefoot and pregnant. Otherwise, you'd accept the fact that ALL women post and share out of their feelings and that it wrong to equate that with insanity.

Every BP should know when a White person is commenting on their issues. I gave my motivations for my opinion being as it was. Just like I don't like it when BP try to tell me how to dress, I don't feel that a commander of MY RACE has the right to decide what people outside his race wears. Both are equally racist and saying that you own the other race. Criticizing the wardrobe choices of people outside you own race is irrational and says that you are so arrogant as to think you own the other group. Any intelligent person could see that Black people telling White people what to do is EXACTLY the same as what this White commander is doing with Black women.

Your unwarranted attack on me takes from the real issue here. Here you are, sitting on your bum and attacking others online rather than being a man, while your own women are overseas saving your bum. While I have my share of criticisms against our military, they also have my support. We should not be making things more complicated for those who defend our country. If a hairstyle gives a little sunshine, it very well could be her last, so let her defend us as comfortably as possible.

Spotted World

#8 Apr 6, 2014
Saved By Zero wrote:
They should just shave their heads. It would be a lot more sanitary since bw never wash their hair anyway.
And maybe you should get your genitals removed, as the same can probably be said about them never being washed.

Spotted World

#9 Apr 6, 2014
Drilling for the nerve wrote:
Dear SG,
Your views on the military and Obama's views on the military coincide. Neither one of you will be happy until our military is reduced to 3rd world status.
Not at all. Obama wants to take our rights in every context, but my views are libertarian or conservative depending on the exact context. These hairstyles are not "unprofessional" nor have nothing to do with a 3rd world status. Black women have different hair and shouldn't be forced to use chemicals to be what they are not. They should neither ban nor promote relaxer usage. So they need hairstyles that are comfortable, practical, and low-maintenance. Things were acceptable until the racist/sexist commander got a bug up his intestines and decided to make up a problem that didn't exist to get to flex his muscles. Talk about insecurity. If he has to posture like that, he's no real man, and the military needs courage, not some wimp who has to dictate a woman's hair to feel like a man or who is afraid of hair from another culture.
Blacks Are Worthless

Torrance, CA

#10 Apr 6, 2014
And I thought SelornaPadan, SBT, APV & Carmiana were weirdo's, this kook SG is completely OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!!!!!

Spotted World

#11 Apr 7, 2014
Blacks Are Worthless wrote:
And I thought SelornaPadan, SBT, APV & Carmiana were weirdo's, this kook SG is completely OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the compliment. I try to stay near the middle. There are good and bad in all walks of life, however, different communities have different percentages of each.
Ivan Stolypin

Almaty, Kazakhstan

#12 Apr 7, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you should just accept hate slurs? The commander sounds like a racist who think's Black hairstyles, and their hair for that matter, is just disgusting.
I am proud of that white commander that's how whites should treat black people in US and you liberal race traitors
mikey

South El Monte, CA

#13 Apr 7, 2014
Ivan Stolypin is a white racist and he is from within the Detroit area. he creates a racist thread about black culture and he sometimes post from Arkansas. he also goes by the name white devil andgmork. what a piece of sh&t
Drilling for the nerve

Batavia, NY

#15 Apr 7, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
So no more than 2 large braids (though no apparent limits on micros or cornrows less than 1/4" wide), no dreadlocks, no flat twists, no loose twists, and no ornate headbands.
I'm not a BW, but I support diversity and pragmatism. Most of the styles in question are convenient and don't interfere with headgear. Since I don't like BP evaluating our people and trying to decide what we should wear, I don't think some White commander should dictate what he thinks is "professional" for ethnic minorities. I've seen such styles in professional settings and for someone to take it on their own and say it is not and force that down others' throats is not right.
And here is the petition:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/rec...

Dear SG, la chica de mis suenos y el amor de mi vida ...

Seeing as how this is Topix, which is only slightly less biased against everything you believe in than Daily Kos, and ...

seeing as how this is the AA Forum, where militant racist blacks insult, threaten, and attempt to degrade loving, caring white folk, such as yourself, a thousand times a day, every day, and ...

seeing as how the headline by roboblogger pointed to a story posted in The Afro American Newspaper [...lol...]

why would you even bother to click the link?

I'm concerned about you, SG. Only a closet liberal would post a whitehouse.gov link to a petition against the U.S. military.
Saved By Zero

Richmond, TX

#16 Apr 7, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
And maybe you should get your genitals removed, as the same can probably be said about them never being washed.
......Thanks to the tribal chief, you don't even have genitals, you ox riding fly magnet. Now cry.
Saved By Zero

Houston, TX

#17 Apr 7, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the compliment. I try to stay near the middle. There are good and bad in all walks of life, however, different communities have different percentages of each.
Only a potato head idiot would have taken that as a compliment. You're a fake and a phony that plays both ends against the middle, then sits back and hopes people will mistaken it as "politically correct". The oldest trick in the book. Then for good measure, you throw in some amateur, armchair psychology , deluding yourself into thinking it makes you look like the total package. Epic Fail. LMAO!!!!!
Afro Jungle

Toronto, Canada

#18 Apr 8, 2014
When you comb your nappy hair, it sounds like you're biting an apple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Army Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bergdahl seeks pardon from Obama to avert deser... Sun Charm2176 5
News Army fires Grigsby from fort command post Dec 2 Wrong head 4
News Taxi driver claims he had a altercationa with U... Dec 1 Kawita Native 1
News Flynn: outspoken general, intelligence pro, Tru... Nov 21 Rockstar 7
News Trump could easily be more transparent with the... Nov 17 USA Today 1
News Chelsea Manning asks Obama for clemency Nov 15 Hostis Publicus 2
News Chili's Apologizes For Taking Meal From Black V... Nov 14 TRUMP aint no chump 1
More from around the web