Col. George Martin: a flight surgeon...

Col. George Martin: a flight surgeon with dreams of space

There are 1 comment on the The Shreveport Times story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Col. George Martin: a flight surgeon with dreams of space. In it, The Shreveport Times reports that:

Col. George Martin met his end in a B-52 bomber, but his sights were on the stars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Shreveport Times.

Chuckie

Gaithersburg, MD

#1 Oct 24, 2008
Gordy surely dreamed of space. He and I were joined at the hip when it came to the space program. One summer when he came to Baltimore to stay with us we designed rockets on paper and never lauched any of them because we knew we would get in trouble. So we launched water rockets instead.

In 1976 I was on my way to Japan as a LCPL in the Marine Corps and he and I visted the 2001 club in Columbus nightly. We had such a great time whenever we were together.

I was looking forward to his retiement. He was all over the world and in such demand that I rarely saw him. We stayed in touch. He sent pictures and email letters keeping me up to date.

I will really miss my little cousin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andersen Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S., South Korean and Japanese warplanes carry... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Snow Birds 2day at 3 1
News A snapshot of Guam before US-North Korea confli... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Jeff Brightone 1
News U.S. Concerned About Russian Use of Vietnam Base (Mar '15) Mar '15 NHUCAPKGAOWISKYTW... 8
News Harris wins $65.4M Air Force modification (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rick 1
News Guam loses Victor Wuerch: Let's remember work o... (Apr '09) Jul '13 Cathy Rhodes 3
News Defense minister to visit Us base in Guam -NHK ... (May '13) May '13 fukuda 1
News N. Korean missile threats worry some on Guam (Apr '13) Apr '13 victor 1