Solomon Islands head greeted by PM Gillard

Aug 21, 2012 Full story: NEWS.com.au

Under clear winter skies on Wednesday, the national anthem of the Solomon Islands was played as Prime Minister Gordon Darcy Lilo inspected Australia's ceremonial Federation Guard comprising members of the army, navy and air force.

Full Story
niccolo

Brisbane, Australia

#1 Aug 22, 2012
It simply goes to show that RAMSI is so incompetent that the Australian Government thinks it is dealing with an honest broker. Lilo only tells the truth by accident. It seems everybody knows this except Julia, Bob and richard. Another billion dollars to buy new cars for MPs and feather a few political nests.
Solo man

Honiara, Solomon Islands

#2 Jan 8, 2013
niccolo wrote:
It simply goes to show that RAMSI is so incompetent that the Australian Government thinks it is dealing with an honest broker. Lilo only tells the truth by accident. It seems everybody knows this except Julia, Bob and richard. Another billion dollars to buy new cars for MPs and feather a few political nests.
I find your comments so far, so shallow and reflects your brain capacity. You should know who are actually benefits from this RAMSI mission, definitely not Solomon Islands.......... But its in the name of this naive country.........
another solo man

New Zealand

#3 Jan 11, 2013
Let us not forget we requested the assistance of our neighbours to restore law and order. I.e. Whatever the politics behind the creation of RAMSI we Solomon Islands citizens no doubt have benefited.No one can say we were better off under the thuggish rule of MEF.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Air Force Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Air Force to downsize staff at closed King Salm... (Feb '10) 13 hr Jimmie Hancock 38
Vets react with skepticism, hope to proposed VA... Mon Viet Nam Veteran 22
Obama received warmly in India, seeks policy ad... Sun John McCharlie 2
Obama to shorten India trip to visit Saudi Arabia Jan 24 Jeff Brightone 1
Four Polish MiG-29s Deploy to Lithuania Jan 22 mee 17
Returning military honoured at special ceremony Jan 22 MIA 1
Elvis Presley's sex secrets exposed Jan 21 Mmellagirl 9
More from around the web