Residents complain about Holloman sonic booms

Feb 20, 2012 Full story: Mansfield News Journal 238

ALAMOGORDO, N.M. - New Mexico residents who live along flight paths of supersonic fighter jets from the Holloman Air Force Base are complaining about noise loud enough to set off car alarms.

Full Story
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#110 Dec 1, 2012
All annoyances aside, aircraft training is a part of our security (not freedom). We can have a sense of freedom in a prison, if we set our mind to it.

Sonic booms are still annoying, especially when most of our defense efforts are based on insuring that corporate profit flow is not interrupted.
Glorious sound of freedom

Alamogordo, NM

#111 Dec 1, 2012
Gorky wrote:
All annoyances aside, aircraft training is a part of our security (not freedom). We can have a sense of freedom in a prison, if we set our mind to it.
Sonic booms are still annoying, especially when most of our defense efforts are based on insuring that corporate profit flow is not interrupted.
STFU Ken!
Yup

Phoenix, AZ

#112 Dec 1, 2012
Gorky wrote:
"Sounds of freedom", my foot! Sonic booms are annoying.
No one can debate that sonic booms are naturally irritating to the majority of those near a base, but I think what would be more irritating is the cries of golfers when the golf course can't be supplemented, the cries of children and educators when the library and Rec center get closed, the lack of tourism when the museums can't be funded, the moans of hungry seniors when the Senior Center closes. HAFB is 60% of the City's economy. Take the base away and you won't have supplemented services. Oh, there's about 2000 students from HAFB, and if they go so will millions of the schools funds. No services, worse schools - then you could say good-bye to the hospital. Shortly following will be the closings of the few retail options here you like.
So even if you don't like sonic booms, keep it to yourself.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#113 Dec 1, 2012
I will not shut the fuk up! I will not entertain for a second your concept that a fighter aircraft has patriotic or religious properties that has no need to respect the peace and quite of citizens of the USA.

I understand the neccesity of flight time for fighter pilots. But get real! It is a machine used to protect from attack by aggresively killing people and nothing else. An expensive, but necessary, back-up for diplomatic failures.

The Southwest offers plenty of uninhabited space for practicing breaking the sound barrior. I might be wrong, but one could also make the case that exceeding the speed of sound doesn't even require practice, when a gentil forward movement of the throttle would suffice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the transition from sub-to-post-sonic speeds have more effect on the ground than on the handeling of the aircraft?

Either way, sonic booms are still annoying.
Glorious sound of freedom

Alamogordo, NM

#114 Dec 1, 2012
Gorky wrote:
I will not shut the fuk up! I will not entertain for a second your concept that a fighter aircraft has patriotic or religious properties that has no need to respect the peace and quite of citizens of the USA.
I understand the neccesity of flight time for fighter pilots. But get real! It is a machine used to protect from attack by aggresively killing people and nothing else. An expensive, but necessary, back-up for diplomatic failures.
The Southwest offers plenty of uninhabited space for practicing breaking the sound barrior. I might be wrong, but one could also make the case that exceeding the speed of sound doesn't even require practice, when a gentil forward movement of the throttle would suffice.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the transition from sub-to-post-sonic speeds have more effect on the ground than on the handeling of the aircraft?
Not near as annoying as your whinny tree hugging ass.
Bro

Alamogordo, NM

#115 Dec 1, 2012
lil ceasars had a line out to the street and Bro had the notion to park in gigi's parking lot and walk in. Bro was gone in 2 minutes. I got 1 of 2 pizza's left in da hot box too.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#116 Dec 2, 2012
yes the boom makes me jump occasionally but if one could measure by weight an amount that sound weighs, I personally think by volume the train emits more noise. Not as loud you may say but far more of it.
I went down to Mississippi right after Katrina and stayed about two and a half years. I was housed about a hundred maybe two hundred feet from a train tracks. There were nights I'd be jolted out of sleep. Other nights I slept like a baby. Never once did I consider complaining about the train. In Mississippi they and I were just thankful for the roof. Dang it rains alot down there.(grins ;-))
Bro

Alamogordo, NM

#117 Dec 2, 2012
Them trains are super annoying. Da sound of freedom to work in China. I hear some of them sound like they going out of their way to be annoying

Since: Sep 08

Alamogordo, NM

#119 Dec 2, 2012
Gorky wrote:
Poor Gorky, Still trying to kill Capitalism for a better equality system.

Gorky did you serve in the military?

Gorky did you work for the US Government in Germany when you were there?

Freedom in a low security prison for politicans of course.

Sonic Booms are not annoying, They are the sound of Freedom in a free nation.

Alamogordo, NM

#120 Dec 2, 2012
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can debate that sonic booms are naturally irritating to the majority of those near a base, but I think what would be more irritating is the cries of golfers when the golf course can't be supplemented, the cries of children and educators when the library and Rec center get closed, the lack of tourism when the museums can't be funded, the moans of hungry seniors when the Senior Center closes. HAFB is 60% of the City's economy. Take the base away and you won't have supplemented services. Oh, there's about 2000 students from HAFB, and if they go so will millions of the schools funds. No services, worse schools - then you could say good-bye to the hospital. Shortly following will be the closings of the few retail options here you like.
So even if you don't like sonic booms, keep it to yourself.
There is no poll that shows "sonic booms are naturally irritating to the majority of those near a base".

Holloman has plenty of air space at there disposal to allow years of training for the military, and hopefully Canon or Kirkland BRAC decision will benefit Holloman with increased AirCraft and missions.

Alamogordo, NM

#121 Dec 2, 2012
Gorky wrote:
i am more annoyed by the young punks who feel the need to make noise from there $20 base speakers in there trunks, or the minorities i see littering the land.

Diplomatic failures are gettting more common nowdays.

Pilots train for all reasons, limiting that training will allow that pilot to be vulunerable, A little noise is nothing.

Alamogordo, NM

#123 Dec 2, 2012
How so wrote:
<quoted text>
If the government is the one abridging your freedom and the government controls the military then how can the sound of military planes be the sound of freedom? Ever read what the founders wrote about the relationship of standing armies to freedom?
The question is, What other sockpuppets do you use.

What is your feelings about Sonic Booms?

All Government use abridging methods to limit freedoms?

Should the government at any level have the right to restrict me buying a 16oz carbonated soft drink in a select market area vice the entire nation?

Alamogordo, NM

#125 Dec 2, 2012
How so wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care one way or the other about sonic booms. My background is in artillery. My question was how the sound of government planes represents freedom. Your answer was to tangent off into a rant about the methods by which government abridges freedom without actually answering the question. This leads me to believe that you are chanting a slogan for which you can articulate no basis. I am not at all surprised.
So your attempt to get the meaning of life failed.

So sorry, Topix wins again, and the Planes delivering the Sound of Freedom fly another day....

Maybe you will get better results watching Fox News and the Comedy Channel with the Fiscal Cliff and the clowns we all elected to Congress.
How so

Tularosa, NM

#126 Dec 2, 2012
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
So your attempt to get the meaning of life failed.
So sorry, Topix wins again, and the Planes delivering the Sound of Freedom fly another day....
Maybe you will get better results watching Fox News and the Comedy Channel with the Fiscal Cliff and the clowns we all elected to Congress.
The meaning of life? I asked you how the sound of government planes equals the sound of freedom and you still can't answer that very simple question.

Why are you so worried about cuts in government spending? Isn't that a good thing?

Now how does your ever changing rant explain how the sound of Obama's planes adds up to the sound of freedom?
Bro

Alamogordo, NM

#128 Dec 2, 2012
Compromise and make the railroad go through the base. Bro always has solutions. Oh and the skydiving plane is annoying day after day.

Alamogordo, NM

#129 Dec 2, 2012
How so wrote:
<quoted text>
The meaning of life? I asked you how the sound of government planes equals the sound of freedom and you still can't answer that very simple question.
Why are you so worried about cuts in government spending? Isn't that a good thing?
Now how does your ever changing rant explain how the sound of Obama's planes adds up to the sound of freedom?
Still trying to get the meaning of life from Topix, just ain't gona happen here, Maybe Dear Abby can provide your needs.

The 47% are not worried, they voted their needs.
Will you pay your fair share.

Obama's planes, Some of those B-52H models from 1962 are still flying, So guess those are JFK planes too. Always thought they were taxpayers planes being used by the military and the government.

So what are the "Sonic Booms", Sound of Freedom or Sounds of a bloated military budget as per the 47%..

Alamogordo, NM

#131 Dec 2, 2012
Bro wrote:
Compromise and make the railroad go through the base. Bro always has solutions. Oh and the skydiving plane is annoying day after day.
http://www.carlsjr.com/menu/nutritional_calcu... # Take 1 of these and you will not be annoyed...
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#132 Dec 2, 2012
I think at our ages and all the loud noises we have been exposed to, such as planes, trains, artillery, 45 cals, shoulder hoisted fire arms, land mines and kitchen blenders. Heck we have to be half deaf. Our inner ears must be damaged, causing many to walk unbalanced and half cocked. Easily resulting in many of us not hearing all of what the other person is saying and our own thoughts being muttled by the sporadic ringing which detracts from our own ability to say what we are really thinking.
Excuse me while I answer the phone..........oh dang, I don't have a phone.

Lets just take a moment and realize that freedom is always either coming or going. All we really have is the moment. At this moment I can still jump in my truck, drive an hour and be at a river or lake. Not having to stop at any check points or observe any packs of gun toting rebels. I by no means felt the need to slap on a holster.
I find two comparative mental thoughts work better than one.
I can become discontented if I just think about myself but if I think about a war torn nation, I don't care who is president or about the sonic booms.
I know indisputably that I am blessed and free. Comparatively, I live in the most blessed country in the world. God bless President Obama, for I am surly glad no one came to me asking if I wanted the job.(grinnin' and doin' the cha-cha)
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#134 Dec 2, 2012
How do wrote:
<quoted text>you come to the conclusion that they are "Obama's" planes? He didn't sing the budget that approved them. In fact, he has only signed ONE budget in his entire presidency! Those aircraft belong to "THE PEOPLE". It's morons like you calling the President "The Supreme Leader" and "GOD BLESSING" him when your party had to vote to put god back in it's platform in the first place. Jammie Foxx is another idiot giving the President "supreme" comparisons!
No one man is worth that, not even the pope or Gandhi. When people like you start bestowing that upon him, it displays your mental instability and desperation
I'm over 60 and I have never met anyone who doesn't possess some form of mental instability.
I have also never met anyone who doesn't struggle against desperation.
poser !!
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

#136 Dec 2, 2012
Notice how these garbage planes are on again off again?

By the time the feds get through solving any issues, one could've built another trio of Pyramids like Giza Eygpt.

Time to call in some Nazi scientists. They'll fix those crap planes with the parts from mexico. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Western High School graduate, former York... 3 hr lady 1
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Jaimie 154
Feds say hackers targeted Microsoft, game makers 17 hr Windows 10 vs 9 1
U.S. Army Officer Calls Obama an "Impostor" (Feb '09) Tue WelbyMD 18,703
The 1978 Fort Dix / McGuire AFB Incident (Apr '11) Tue exit37 3
A problem Obama desperately wants you to forget... Tue THOMAS O CALDWELL 37
One Nation the U.S. Actually Should Liberate Mon HapaHawaiianKid 3

US Military People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE