Residents complain about Holloman sonic booms

Feb 20, 2012 Full story: Mansfield News Journal 238

ALAMOGORDO, N.M. - New Mexico residents who live along flight paths of supersonic fighter jets from the Holloman Air Force Base are complaining about noise loud enough to set off car alarms.

Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Alamogordo, NM

#84 Nov 21, 2012
Sonic B S wrote:
You just wait and see Gilligan. I am writing letters to every congressman I can think of. I will protest Holloman out front of their main gate with signs until they stop this noise. How do these warmongers expect anybody to sleep at night. They can play with all of their big toys in the middle east and not here. I pay taxes dammit.
Make sure you call the three news stations in Alb, and they can send a news crew to cover your 1 man protest outside the main gate,
Let us all know the time so we can watch your actions vice your words.

Swearing must make it really important, now i am sure they will close Holloman, they must not know who you are.

Alamogordo, NM

#85 Nov 21, 2012
Sonic B S wrote:
The last thing we need here is noise at night. I filed a complaint this morning. I will not tolerate this. The military has no business in this town flying at night.
The Military was here before you, you must be an transplant, not a native.

Alamogordo, NM

#86 Nov 21, 2012
Bro wrote:
They was flying bro in to get some emergency Carls Jr. Didn't want it to get cold
Darn those pilots, they went supersonic too soon, they landed before Carls Jr. is finished, guess they have to go back up and fly around some, maybe more Booms.

Alamogordo, NM

#88 Nov 21, 2012
Sonic B S wrote:
<quoted text>You probably don't even have a car dickwad. By the way you write and spell I would lay money that you don't even have a job.
I just heard another one of those nasty booms. I will put a stop to this in the morning.
Having a car related to Sonic Booms how?

So unemployed or employed is determined by their grammar?

Darn, i forgot to drive by the base today, Sorrry i missed you and your sign, did you call the news stations so they can get you on the news, and then the base public affairs will have to issue a statement about there right and the federal law that allows them to perform training missions to maintain readiness so people like you can perform your freedom of speech via that pilots who makes your life so miserable, so have you?

Alamogordo, NM

#90 Nov 21, 2012
Sonic B S wrote:
<quoted text>What part of this thing "is over" do you not understand rump ranger? You won't here any more nightly booms. Carry on Gilligan.
Now at least till Monday when the Thanksgiving Holiday is over. We love Sonic Booms, Long live Booms.
BOOM BOOM BOOM

Alamogordo, NM

#91 Nov 21, 2012
Sonic B S wrote:
<quoted text>What part of this thing "is over" do you not understand rump ranger? You won't here any more nightly booms. Carry on Gilligan.
Poor pitiful baby! Here is the web page you can go to that will show when to expect to hear sonic booms (right hand side of page)
That should help you be able to schedule when you can leave town.
Let them rip boys.
http://newpreview.afnews.af.mil/holloman/soun...

Alamogordo, NM

#94 Nov 26, 2012
Air Force has jets in the air tonight, Hoping for some Sonic Booms, The Sound of Freedom.

Boom Boom Boom Away Air Force.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#95 Nov 26, 2012
I haven't heard one booom tonight. I remember Sonic B S saying there would be no more. Maybe he knows what he is talking about!

Alamogordo, NM

#96 Nov 29, 2012
Now that was a very high sonic boom, almost missed it.....We need more booms....No one will stop the booms until the F-22 leaves for good.

Alamogordo, NM

#98 Dec 1, 2012
Darn, those lovely sonic booms are back, Guess the Sound the Freedom cannot be silenced, Maybe the base missed the one man sign picket at the gate...LMAO.....

Boom Boom and more Booms.
Glorious sound of freedom

Alamogordo, NM

#99 Dec 1, 2012
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
Darn, those lovely sonic booms are back, Guess the Sound the Freedom cannot be silenced, Maybe the base missed the one man sign picket at the gate...LMAO.....
Boom Boom and more Booms.
I LOVE it! Let 'em rip boys!

Alamogordo, NM

#100 Dec 1, 2012
Oh yea, I forgot the Sonic Booms yesterday at 12:02, Love those Booms. More and More Sounds of Freedom....
Ok So

Alamogordo, NM

#101 Dec 1, 2012
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
Oh yea, I forgot the Sonic Booms yesterday at 12:02, Love those Booms. More and More Sounds of Freedom....
Until they turn on your ass!
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#102 Dec 1, 2012
Thankfully we don't have more weather around here, these arrogant SOB's would be dancing in circles picketing God because the thunder was bothersome. Children raising children, geez this gets old. Hopefully the Lord will return soon!
Bro

Alamogordo, NM

#103 Dec 1, 2012
Bro heard booms today. Now Bro eating pizza. nom nom nom
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#104 Dec 1, 2012
"Sounds of freedom", my foot! Sonic booms are annoying.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#105 Dec 1, 2012
I'm sure that some days so are you Gorky but no one is picketing you!(grin)
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#107 Dec 1, 2012
Everything is classified covert, we'll never know. Basically because most don't want to know.
Answers

Tularosa, NM

#108 Dec 1, 2012
Trivia wrote:
When was the last time US military planes were deployed to defend the US?
There are 2 answers. The first is that mainly ANG wings fly patrols post 9-11. The answer you seem to be looking for is 9-11-2001 and it was a miserable failure. NEADS could not seem to find flight 11. Langley AFB sent their aircraft out to sea and ANG Otis sent theirs south of Long Island. But that is what happens when the only experience our pilots have is fighting antiques. The sound of sonic booms seems to be the closest they come to actually defending our skies. It's a good thing no one is attacking us with real combat pilots.

Alamogordo, NM

#109 Dec 1, 2012
Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 2 answers. The first is that mainly ANG wings fly patrols post 9-11. The answer you seem to be looking for is 9-11-2001 and it was a miserable failure. NEADS could not seem to find flight 11. Langley AFB sent their aircraft out to sea and ANG Otis sent theirs south of Long Island. But that is what happens when the only experience our pilots have is fighting antiques. The sound of sonic booms seems to be the closest they come to actually defending our skies. It's a good thing no one is attacking us with real combat pilots.
We the USA have the best military both equipped and trained, No thanks to people like you...

Training during peacetime allows the military to be better prepared for actual needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female veterans battling PTSD from sexual traum... 27 min Gary 1
Midlothian soldier welcomed home (Apr '12) 21 hr Mike 4
Pentagon: Claim that U.S. Navy shot down MH370 ... Tue _malon_goblok 1
Norway Massacre: Could It Happen in the U.S? (Jul '11) Dec 23 Swedenforever 598
Albania and NATO enhance military co-operation Dec 22 Aleksandra 9
Flight MH370 was 'shot down by the US military ... Dec 22 _malon_goblok 1
Jerome Gray Dec 22 TAG 1
More from around the web