Residents complain about Holloman son...

Residents complain about Holloman sonic booms

There are 326 comments on the Mansfield News Journal story from Feb 20, 2012, titled Residents complain about Holloman sonic booms. In it, Mansfield News Journal reports that:

ALAMOGORDO, N.M. - New Mexico residents who live along flight paths of supersonic fighter jets from the Holloman Air Force Base are complaining about noise loud enough to set off car alarms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mansfield News Journal.

Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#219 Oct 25, 2013
Go smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
another bowl, get the munchies, and tip the scales Dorky
Did I say something untrue? Something offensive? Or is it that you are just not familiar with reasoned replies? Are you still in grade school?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#220 Oct 25, 2013
Gorky wrote:
Sonic booms are annoying and are audible signs of the military industrial complex run amok.
According to the Department of Defense’s 2010 Base Structure Report, as of 2009, the US military maintained 662 foreign sites in 38 countries around the world. But that number represents a reduction from numbers reported by DOD just a few years ago.
This has nothing to do with defense and everything to do with domination.
Sonic Booms are the sounds of freedom.

Sonic Booms are annoying to you, good move back to Germany then, I hope Sonic Booms continue as long as you live here.

Domination by a Congress refusal to reduce the size of the military industral complex they created priceless, Liberals are the loudest whining politicians when it comes to BRAC...
concerned patriot

Alamogordo, NM

#221 Oct 25, 2013
AZmojave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats an interesting position. Perhaps you aren't aware that they have taken no measures to prevent them, yet nearly all other installations have - decades ago....and their training has not suffered one bit. Are these other installations all wrong, do they not care about "freedom"? Holloman won't stop doing what they are doing b/c they have been allowed to ignore regulations. The "they" you are talking about are paid 100% by federally funds and should at least be expected to do their job 1/2 way correctly. Holloman has a wonderful situtation, they don't control the airspace, so they can play "see wsmr", and wsmr can play "see holloman". Ain't that sweet? It would be fine if only those that are more than willing to toss out their freedoms because they prefer to champion complete incompetence were adversely affected by the mismanagement of taxpayer funded operations. Buy, alas, this is not the case.
Woe is me...leave!
lol

Alamogordo, NM

#222 Oct 25, 2013
Trust me the majority of Holloman AFB would love to leave this "beautiful" little town as much as a lot of you would like them to leave, probably more. Most of them jump up and down in pure delight when they receive orders.
concerned patriot

Alamogordo, NM

#223 Oct 25, 2013
Hey I have an idea AWOL for some of you KAWOL see how popular you will be then. You might get the Snowden award. You have my vote. I would be happy to buy your ticket too zoomie!!Bring a friend you'll make a great couple no matter what equipment is used...
my my my

Carrizozo, NM

#224 Oct 25, 2013
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals are the loudest whining politicians when it comes to BRAC...
You must not pay much attention to Mr. Pearce then. Or the nearly all Republican C50. Always talking about the tax supported jobs, but not a single fact to justify on defense grounds. That is why part of it has been used to restore Korean war surplus trainers.

The fake conservatives of the Tularosa Basin are the most shameless beggingist politicians I have ever encountered.

The government nipple is the source of nearly the entire county. It seems so phony to go bagger on us like this.
concerned patriot

Alamogordo, NM

#225 Oct 25, 2013
oh I went to the republican convention (only to convince myself it was all fantasy anyway) someone asked Pearce about his voting yes on NDAA and he said it was the wrong time/place to discuss that. I don't believe in the system anymore. I am embarassed by the flag that was presented to me after 19 years of being a number in the Army. But you are right the nipple is my only source right now and I get more than if I had put in a full 20!
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#226 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Sonic Booms are the sounds of freedom.
Sonic Booms are annoying to you, good move back to Germany then, I hope Sonic Booms continue as long as you live here.
Domination by a Congress refusal to reduce the size of the military industral complex they created priceless, Liberals are the loudest whining politicians when it comes to BRAC...
Sailor, you show your issues with free speech. I have made my home in Alamogordo since 1953 and I am aware of the fact that we live in a military town. This does not nullify my right to express my opinions or my right to live here. If you can't accept my freedom to be here, then it is you who should consider moving to a community where censorship and political correctness is the norm.

Location hidden

#227 Oct 26, 2013
my my my wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not pay much attention to Mr. Pearce then. Or the nearly all Republican C50. Always talking about the tax supported jobs, but not a single fact to justify on defense grounds. That is why part of it has been used to restore Korean war surplus trainers.
The fake conservatives of the Tularosa Basin are the most shameless beggingist politicians I have ever encountered.
The government nipple is the source of nearly the entire county. It seems so phony to go bagger on us like this.
So does that mean Mr. Morris, you will be voting in future elections, or will you continue to be a whiner.

Location hidden

#228 Oct 26, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
Sailor, you show your issues with free speech. I have made my home in Alamogordo since 1953 and I am aware of the fact that we live in a military town. This does not nullify my right to express my opinions or my right to live here. If you can't accept my freedom to be here, then it is you who should consider moving to a community where censorship and political correctness is the norm.
So if you have been here since 1953, How was it possible for you to spend 34 years in Germany then?

Location hidden

#229 Nov 2, 2013
Love those Sonic Booms....

Too bad there are not more.

Annoying to some, loved by many more...
Gorky

Alamogordo, NM

#230 Nov 2, 2013
<quoted text>
So if you have been here since 1953, How was it possible for you to spend 34 years in Germany then?
Looks like I have been busted..
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#231 Nov 2, 2013
<quoted text>
My parents lived here and while I lived in Germany, I returned often to visit them and have always considered Alamogordo to be my real home.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#232 Nov 2, 2013
Love those Sonic Booms....
Too bad there are not more.
Annoying to some, loved by many more...
I could do without them.

Location hidden

#233 Nov 2, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents lived here and while I lived in Germany, I returned often to visit them and have always considered Alamogordo to be my real home.
So you lied. You yourself did not have a physcial presence of living here since 1953.

Location hidden

#234 Nov 2, 2013
Booms are so cool.
Sound of freedom

Alamogordo, NM

#235 Nov 2, 2013
And just so you haters know, they will be booming later next week, up til midnight.
http://www.holloman.af.mil/news/story.asp...
well well well

Alamogordo, NM

#236 Nov 2, 2013
my my my wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad a libtard such as yourself hasn't figured out a way to get on that teat and make some liberal money for himself. You are dumber than you look, and that's DUMB!
Gorky

Alamogordo, NM

#237 Nov 2, 2013
<quoted text>
So you lied. You yourself did not have a physcial presence of living here since 1953.
I spoke the truth like President Obama..
concerned patriot

Alamogordo, NM

#238 Nov 2, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>I spoke the truth like President Obama..
You will get to keep your doctor!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US Navy says small Iranian boats harassed warsh... 3 hr USA Today 1
News Navy says Iranian boats harassed US ship in Str... 7 hr too much 1
News New US Commander in the fight against ISIS 'ske... 9 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Man tried for allegedly sexually abusing teen Tue butters_ 5
News Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl H... Tue Stephany McDowell 1
News Army's handling of Bergdahl case highlights upc... Tue Battle Tested 3
News 'Unknown irritant' sickens servicemembers at Fa... Tue vvvwvvv 1
More from around the web