Videos contradict Medal of Honor recipienta s account of Taliban attack

Oct 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star-Telegram.com

In his memoir of the 2009 battle in Afghanistan that brought him the Medal of Honor, Marine Sgt.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2013
simper fi

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

why do some people hate Dakota Meyer ,
there is a very small rabid group of haters ,who hold a grudge against Dakota --
they continue to slander him.
there are many marines who personality witnessed Dakotas deeds of valor ,..
the men who were there are more than grateful to him ,abd know the truth -

what does some pea brained - left wing whacko reporter know about what happened that day ?
the people who were, ALL verify Dakotas bravery
aren't there enough REAL & important issues troubling this nation today?

“"This town needs an enema"”

Since: Dec 06

much, much better than you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LOL
NOBRO

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 29, 2013
 
simper fi wrote:
why do some people hate Dakota Meyer ,
there is a very small rabid group of haters ,who hold a grudge against Dakota --
they continue to slander him.
there are many marines who personality witnessed Dakotas deeds of valor ,..
the men who were there are more than grateful to him ,abd know the truth -
what does some pea brained - left wing whacko reporter know about what happened that day ?
the people who were, ALL verify Dakotas bravery
aren't there enough REAL & important issues troubling this nation today?
yep, there are a lot of problems that plague this nation. most of them have started when you elect somebody like meyers to public office.
Clem

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 31, 2013
 
NOBRO wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, there are a lot of problems that plague this nation. most of them have started when you elect somebody like meyers to public office.
And your point is made credible by what?.... Do u just make an offhand statement and expect people to believe in you? If you expect that , then you are a hypocrite. You are then what u accuse Meyer of being! So much for you loose tongue , it's is nothing more than that.
Proud American

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 8, 2013
 
One reason people dislike him is because of the way he takes the medals goes on tv and loves the Fame. Any REAL soldier will tell you they don't do it for the medals fame tv spot light etc they do it for their country. They don't want to be called a hero they where just doing their job. Most don't even like to talk about it. They do what they do and move on. The young ones today do it for the money, fame and girls. tho they quickly realize the money's not that great after all. If he was a true soldier he would accept a hand shake and say thanks but I don't need the tv spot light or a building in my honor because there are thousands of other solders out there some even more deserving that do the same job so not one man should get the credit. Thousands have died and some have done greater things yet they where not recognized for it. So why me? Why dedicate a building to me. There is a bridge in Burkeville dedicated to all veterans but I get my own building... how does that make since? Instead of dedicating the building to me dedicate it to all the brave soldiers alive and gone.
panama

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I think the U.S.M.C. could of gave him a desk job or choice of assignments and let him do 20 years. So why did he get discharged ?

“"This town needs an enema"”

Since: Dec 06

much, much better than you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Proud American wrote:
One reason people dislike him is because of the way he takes the medals goes on tv and loves the Fame. Any REAL soldier will tell you they don't do it for the medals fame tv spot light etc they do it for their country. They don't want to be called a hero they where just doing their job. Most don't even like to talk about it. They do what they do and move on. The young ones today do it for the money, fame and girls. tho they quickly realize the money's not that great after all. If he was a true soldier he would accept a hand shake and say thanks but I don't need the tv spot light or a building in my honor because there are thousands of other solders out there some even more deserving that do the same job so not one man should get the credit. Thousands have died and some have done greater things yet they where not recognized for it. So why me? Why dedicate a building to me. There is a bridge in Burkeville dedicated to all veterans but I get my own building... how does that make since? Instead of dedicating the building to me dedicate it to all the brave soldiers alive and gone.
Exactly. Whether you actually believe the disputed story here is irrelevent. He does not handle mimself as a true soldier. He comes off like a mediawhore.
panama

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 9, 2013
 
skinny man wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Whether you actually believe the disputed story here is irrelevent. He does not handle mimself as a true soldier. He comes off like a mediawhore.
Perhaps network TV, Cable TV, or Hollywood has approached him for his story ?
How smug you are

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

You think it diminishes what he did in any way just because he has gotten so much attention for it? It's not his fault he lives in a time where there is so much publicity and instant news. He is better off being gracious and accepting the generous things people do for his heroism. If he didn't give interviews or accept the spotlight then people like you would be attacking him because they would think he is a snob. Why don't you cut the guy a break. I imagine it would be very difficult to know how to handle all the attention. Not to mention the people throwing themselves at him. Ooh look at us we are the hometown of a super hero. I don't see that he does anything wrong by trying to balance things the best he knows how. The last I checked there is no proper etiquette for his situation. Just because you are jealous or something and wish to trash the guy doesn't make your idea of how he should or shouldn't act the right way. And how do you know what a REAL soldier does or doesn't do? What wars have you fought in and what awards have you gotten? From what I can tell all your deserve is a trash talking award. And even if you had won some medal and didn't take any notoriety for it doesn't mean he shouldn't especially if he is using that notoriety to do good things. If he were an actor who became famous for his work people would applaud him. If he were a sports player people would want his autograph. But because he doesn't suit your idea of how a soldier is to act you don't like him. Come back and say all this again when you obtain the nation's highest honor. Then it might mean something... MIGHT.

“"This town needs an enema"”

Since: Dec 06

much, much better than you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 10, 2013
 
LOL. Just google it.
Proud American

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 10, 2013
 
I've served in 2, my father served my grand father served my father inlaw and 7 of my buddy's server from the air Force, Marines, National Guard and army. What about you (how smug are you)
Proud American

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 10, 2013
 
I also help in the wounded warrior program. What do you do? Should I brag and go on tv? I'm not jealous. I got my medals. I did my duty and I give thanks to the ones doing it now. But I never brag or accepted anything more that the others who fought with me didn't get as well as with my father Grand father etc.

“"This town needs an enema"”

Since: Dec 06

much, much better than you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 11, 2013
 
Tell us more about how you do not brag.
Fact

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 12, 2013
 
Aww! Skinny Man is jealous. How cute.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••