No. 4 jet missing from Blue Angels

No. 4 jet missing from Blue Angels

There are 93 comments on the www.pnj.com story from Nov 3, 2008, titled No. 4 jet missing from Blue Angels. In it, www.pnj.com reports that:

The Blue Angels' signature "diamond" formation was reduced to a triangle Saturday at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio — the No. 4 jet absent from its spot in the slot position. Last week, the Navy announced that two members of the flight demonstration team — a pilot and a nonpilot — were relieved of duty because of an alleged "inappropriate relationship." Marine Corps Maj. Clint Harris pilots the No. 4 jet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.pnj.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Wylie, TX

#1 Nov 5, 2008
I dont think that any of us should talk about this situation. If this did happen it is not our business. This person has a family and everyone should not speculate what innappropriate behavior is. He legitimately may have done nothing wrong. He may be falsely accused. So I am one that goes with innocent until proven guilty. I am sure that his wife and children are going thru a very tough time right now and I think that we should take their feelings to heart..they are innocent in this whole situation. So I think that we all should respect their privacy and not splash their business around like the are not human...God Bless

“the voice of reason”

Since: Aug 07

hornersville

#2 Nov 5, 2008
the reason he isnt flyin could be the most minor thing. curruntly serving in the navy in a aviation command, i know that the smallest thing will take a pilot out of the air. it is probably nothing serious but the navy has to be extremely cautious when dealing with anything to do wi our aviators. they are not only flyin 38 million dollar aircraft but also with in feet from 4-5 other pilots plus all the civilians and spectators on the ground below. the blue angles are the hardest squadron to be accepted into and you must meet high standerds to even be considered and the smallest thing will put you out. lets just hope the major will be back in the cockpit before too long.
From Family

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Nov 5, 2008
He does have a LOT of family around here, and I am about to be a member of said family. So please be respectful. And though I do think this is the stupidest thing to kick someone out of the blue angel over. I do know that served his country as a brave solider. Though I have to laugh just a little. I mean at least he was getting some.....
From Family

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Nov 5, 2008
Oh and it was a female before the rumors start.

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2008
Shame on the person that started this thread. He is a decorated war hero and a good man. Shame on you!!!
Fan

United States

#6 Nov 6, 2008
Innocent until proven guilty!! Just because the #4 jet didn't fly, doesn't mean it was that pilot that was in trouble.
Relative

Osceola, AR

#7 Nov 6, 2008
yea, leave Clint alone!
alleybenbooba

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Nov 6, 2008
From Family wrote:
He does have a LOT of family around here, and I am about to be a member of said family. So please be respectful. And though I do think this is the stupidest thing to kick someone out of the blue angel over. I do know that served his country as a brave solider. Though I have to laugh just a little. I mean at least he was getting some.....
If your about to become family, I feel for the Harris's, obviously you dont have that many morals yourself to make a comment such as you did...(at least he was getting some). I am sure his wife , and family are upset over this and embarrassed and for you to laugh about it and act as if its ok ? I bet you probally wouldnt take your own marraige vowels seriously making comments like that.
Clint is a good man, and even good men make mistakes, we all have and none of this should be posted on the net to be gossiped about.
FamilyMember

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Nov 6, 2008
Yeah.. I don't know who this person that is "about" to be a part of the family is, but I didn't appreciate that comment. I AM a part of his immediate family, and this is a minor mistake. This is between he, his wife, and his family. NOT YOURS. It's no one else's business. Everyone who knows Clint knows that he is a great guy, & I'm sure nothing else like this will ever happen again. Leave him alone!

United States

#10 Nov 6, 2008
Clint is a great guy and has worked hard to be where he is in his career. He loves his family and if he has caused them any sense of sorrow, I am sure he is heartbroken. We should respect his family's privacy as they work through this, especially given all he and his family have had to sacrifice while he bravely served our country. If he made a mistake it should be considered pale in comparison to his years of dedicated service to our country.
mel

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Nov 6, 2008
you all should stay out of this and family personal business.
Caruth Native and Pilot

Collierville, TN

#12 Nov 6, 2008
From what I've heard from some active military friends associated with military demonstration teams(I'm retired military myself), Clint wasn't involved.
Having flown a few formation flights myself, if a right or left wing position was empty, the #4 slot pilot (Clint) would then move into that position to fly an inverted V formation. A formation of lead, one wing and slot would look really unbalanced and odd to spectators. Additionally, it would be difficult and awkward for the lead solo and opposing solo to join on a wing position vacant, but no different for them to join a formation with a missing slot plane. Regarding the actual plane #4 missing from the formation, one of two things could occur. Clint's #4 plane would have the position number changed or he would simply move over into the number two or three jet. IIRC, he flew #3 right wing last year anyway so he would have been a natural to slide back into that position in order to balance the formation which also increases safety as well as appearance.
The Blue Angels can change the tail number on a plane in about one hour and it is not uncommon for them to do so if a jet goes down for maintenance in advance of a show. They want it all to be pretty transparent to the public so they can and do change airplane numbers as needed if they have enough time.
Finally, if by some chance, Clint was involved, it really isn't anyone here's place to judge him. Should it prove not to be him, everyone throwing stones here ought to be big enough to admit they were wrong.

Wicomico, VA

#13 Nov 7, 2008
I think you are all missing one important thing here. It is the NAVY and MARINE CORPS' business also. Obviously, they didn't just kick him out of the Blues for no reason. When you are a member of the military, you follow orders...all of them. Not just the ones you choose to. The Blue Angels is a very prestigious organization, and if the Officers don't set the standard there, they go back to the fleet, plain and simple. Actually, it's pretty easy to comprehend the rules. Inappropriate relationships are usually pretty self explanatory. Read: Violation of the UCMJ, Article 134. There is a section titled adultery. Sounds pretty inappropriate to me.
Fan

United States

#14 Nov 7, 2008
Guest wrote:
I think you are all missing one important thing here. It is the NAVY and MARINE CORPS' business also. Obviously, they didn't just kick him out of the Blues for no reason. When you are a member of the military, you follow orders...all of them. Not just the ones you choose to. The Blue Angels is a very prestigious organization, and if the Officers don't set the standard there, they go back to the fleet, plain and simple. Actually, it's pretty easy to comprehend the rules. Inappropriate relationships are usually pretty self explanatory. Read: Violation of the UCMJ, Article 134. There is a section titled adultery. Sounds pretty inappropriate to me.
No one asked your opinion. Please let this drop. It is a personal matter that shouldn't be talked about.

Wicomico, VA

#15 Nov 7, 2008
Whatever. It's obviously not going to drop, I saw it on the 6 o' clock news already. And, oh by the way, last time I checked, my uniform still says, U.S. Navy, which means this is still America, and I'm quite certain I've EARNED the right to voice my opinion. When people make decisions that embarass the entire Navy, it isn't a personal matter any longer. As far as whether it should or shouldn't be talked about, if it hadn't happened, there would be nothing to talk about, now would there???
Retired Air Force

Lake City, SC

#16 Nov 7, 2008
I grew up with Clint and he is a great guy. If the Navy did not want it to be a public embarassment they should have dealt with the matter internally as to save face. If that would have been done this entire rediculous gossip thread would not be here. Fraternization is a serious thing in the military and I only hope they will wrap this up soon and Clint will be allowed to continue his service and career he has worked so hard for. By the way, he is innocent until proven guilty. As former military I have seen several occasions where someone becomes jealous and files false accusations to try to get even for something so let's try not to apply guilt or blame to this personal family matter. My prayers go out to Clint and his family and everyone should let this rest. I wish him the very best.

Wylie, TX

#17 Nov 7, 2008
Thank you RAF I agree with you. I know that it is gonna get splashed around everywhere but I think that people dont realize that there are innocent people going thru this and when we are all on here making all these accusations it is all taken personally by this family. But his wife and children no matter what the situation is do not deserve to be drug thru the mud. And he doesnt either I am sure that he is going thru enough already. And you are correct sometimes there are false accusations. But all in all whether this is on the news are not most of us personally know someone that is in this family and we of all people should not make ourselves their ememy. Come on we all are from the same roots.. We are supposed to stick together and be supportive during a time like this. Why do we all try and tear down the ones we know.. But show compassion to a total stranger. Is it jealousy?? It personally broke my heart to see this on here. He worked really hard to be where he is and deserves to be there. But unlike God who is the only one that has a right to judge...people are already passing judgement. If it turns out that he was in the wrong and made a mistake... what happened to forgiveness... There are very few of us that can sit here and say they havent at least thought about it before and if you say you havent.. God Bless you for your strength. It is very sad to me to see a family having to go thru something like this. And I for one will be praying everyday for their strength.
Beech Corner Mayor

New Haven, MO

#18 Nov 8, 2008
Let him without sin cast the first stone
Be Smart

Paragould, AR

#19 Nov 9, 2008
95% of this thread has been positive. I don't know why someone supportive made the first post, because they were asking for trouble and for the most part it did not happen. Stop posting in here and it will stop being brought back to the top. You need to be posting to other topics so you can move this one to the second page and it will be forgotton. I have went to the Pensacola News Journal website and complained to them over why they would write an article like this in the first place. They act like the national enquirer.

Fairmont, WV

#20 Nov 9, 2008
Beech Corner Mayor wrote:
Let him without sin cast the first stone
I love this quote from the bible and I totally agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US show of force to North Korea also could show... 15 hr Moses Kestenbaum ODA 34
News Tamaqua Memorial Day Parade, services... Sun Jesse Farber 3
News US urges new sanctions on North Korea and warns... May 26 okimar 22
News Obama joins private golf club in Virginia May 25 I See The Light 10
News Sea lion pulls girl off the dock and into the w... May 24 Mother 1
News U.S. Senate Democrats may refuse to vote on Tru... May 24 Red Crosse 114
News Robert E. Dickey May 24 Now_What- 1
More from around the web