Government shutdown notes: Dayton one...

Government shutdown notes: Dayton one of hardest hit cities/AF Museum closed

There are 1 comment on the Business Journal story from Oct 1, 2013, titled Government shutdown notes: Dayton one of hardest hit cities/AF Museum closed. In it, Business Journal reports that:

Forbes has tabbed Dayton as one of the top 10 cities most at risk to a government shutdown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

The New Cool Warrior

Celina, OH

#1 Oct 1, 2013
Although "we" are supposedly the hardest hit, I still really don't give a shit, whether government dependents are temporarily furloughed, much less quit. Although things are supposedly going to hell all across the federal nation, I still didn't notice it at the corner gas station. Nor did the postman fail to deliver our junk snail mail. I didn't notice anything scary, when I went to the bank's ATM or even at the local public library! I have a hunch, since I read my newspapers, drank my caffeine and munched my mini-mart lunch, that outside of D.C. and the base, government shutting down does not affect us in most towns that much. Not that we flyover-country people are really in touch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deaf teacher's quest for armed service inspires... 6 hr Dr Wu 1
News Fort Bragg paratrooper dies while training (Nov '11) 9 hr Proud Infidel 11
News Sharyl Attkisson: Homeland Security Mum on U.S.... 10 hr Nopal 2
News Jesse Ventura to appeal vacating of $1.8 millio... 13 hr Hostis Publicus 3
News Iwo Jima flag raiser identified as Marine from ... 19 hr bozo 1
News APNewsBreak: Few vets expelled under 'don't ask... Fri Wholly Silicon Wafer 1
News Hanau says goodbye to U.S. troops (Nov '08) Fri B Miller 1,484
More from around the web