This Day in U.S. Naval History: May 1

May 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Marine News

Battle of Manila Bay, 1 May 1898. Contemporary colored print showing USS Olympia in the left foreground, leading the U.S. Asiatic Squadron in destroying the Spanish fleet off Cavite.

Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated May 5, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ELIAS IBARRA

Tamuning, Guam

#1 May 2, 2013
What happened exactly on this day was this: The believers of the spurious Holy Trinity were trying to outsmart each other in the landgrabbing frenzy!!! Mother Harlot (Roman Catholic Church) was fighting against her Harlot Daughter (Protestantism) and all of them were worshipping a spurious Holy Trinity:

"It cannot therefore be seriously maintained that the mystery of the Divine Trinity was early revealed" in the Old Testament".

Reference: Pohle, Joseph. The Divine Trinity: A Dogmatic Treatise, p. 20, 13th impression. Montana and London: B. Huder Book Co., 1950.

The fighting was a prelude to the fulfillment of God's prophecy about the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) about the fact that the people to whom the messenger was sent to preach were far from God's truth, they were also being held back by the "north" and the "south." The prophecy states:

"Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, and gather you from the west;

"I will say to the north,'Give them up!' And to the south,'Do not keep them back!' Bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth." (Is. 43:5-6, Ibid.)

In fulfillment, the "north" and the "south," which were holding back God's children in these last days, were two dominant religious groups, namely, Protestantism and Catholicism:

" ... In the north the Protestants were in control---Lutheran churches in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, the northern and central states of Germany; Calvinists or Reformed churches in Scotland , the Netherlands, Hesse, the Palatinate, and a few of the western German states. In the south, the Catholics were in control---Spain, Italy, Austria, Bavaria, and elsewhere in southern Germany."

Reference:(The Reformation, p.366)

From these two religions---Catholicism and Protestantism---the messenger of God in these last days "snatched" people by preaching to them God's righteousess or the true faith. In fulfillment of this prophecy, those who believed in the gospel as preached by Brother Felix Y. Manalo indeed were converts from the Catholic Church and the various Protestant sects and denominations!!!

All Roman Catholics, United Church of Christ in the Philippines, Philippine General Council of Assemblies of God, Philippines For Jesus Movement, Atheists, United Methodist Church Philippines, General Assembly of Presbyterian Church in the Philippines, Convention of Philippine Baptist Churches, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, "Ang Dating Tumbong Doon" K.Y.J. Eli Fernando Soriano, Baptists, Philippine Council of Evangelical Churches, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, Spurious Born-again, Presbyterians, Orthodox, Aglipayans, 700 Bar Club members, Episcopalians, Methodists, Branch Davidians, members of European and American cults, Skeptics, Agnostics, and those outside of the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

ELIAS IBARRA

Tamuning, Guam

#2 May 2, 2013
The first Protestant missionaries in the Philippines were the American soldiers and without their presence, and which were followed later by Protestant ministers, the prophecy about the "north" and "south" (the two major religions)could not have had fulfillment!!!

However, no word of God is devoid of power!!! Whatever He says, as recorded in the Holy Writ, will have fulfillment!!! From the two major religions came the first members or converts of the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo)!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Tamuning, Guam

#3 May 2, 2013
There are those who contend that there was no real "Battle of Manila Bay"!!! Some believe that what happened was a "mock battle" since at this point in history, most of the Spanish forces were holding out in the Intramuros, the Walled City, and surrounded by Filipino revolutionary forces!!!

The so-called "mock battle" was allegedly a "save face" tactic of the Roman Catholic Church which was administering the Philippines for several centuries!!! Instead of surrendering to the Filipno forces, the administering Vatican Church was to surrender to a more powerful foe, her Harlot Daughter!!!

They cited the payment made in millions by the United States to Spain when the latter ceded to the former the Philippines!!! They argued that "why would the United States pay Spain if she was the victor at the Battle of Manila Bay???

Whether the contention holds water or not, but, the fact still remains that the "north" and "south" prophecy of the Scriptures was fulfilled!!! Protestantism came to the Philippines after Roman Catholicism!!! And from these two major religions arose the fact that the first and later converts to the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) were the people to whom the messenger was sent to preach!!! These people were far from God's truth, they were also being held back by the "north" and the "south."

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

lol

San Francisco, CA

#4 May 2, 2013
Now Elias is mocking the US Naval History by blaming the Roman Catholics....lolllllllllllllll llllllllllllllll

you're so funny Elias always attacking the Roman Catholics...it might be your ancestors who started the mocking...
nyg

Toronto, Canada

#5 May 2, 2013
After reading that nonsense, I have no doubt that Elias has some sort of mental issues. lol.

Blame the RCC and Protestants for everything, is Elias answer to everything.

Truth be told, the US took the Philippines to gain access to the Asian economy and to be one of the imperial powers that had a slice of China. Read a history book.
Ozzy

Catskill, NY

#6 May 2, 2013
Well, it's like I said before, Iglesia ni Manalo has only the Catholic Church to thank for it's existence both in Philippines and in according to INM itself, in history...

“The Catholic Church which in the beginning was the true Church of Christ.”(Pasugo: April 1966, p. 46)
Kurapsyon

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#8 May 3, 2013
That's why Roxas boulevard used to be called Dewey boulevard. And EDSA was called Highway 54.

Anglo-Saxons always defeated the Spanish many times before. Without the Anglo-Saxon majority (of the British legion volunteers) helping Simon Bolivar, South America wouldn't have been able to gain independence from Spain. That means if Simon Bolivar only had Spanish and natives in his rebel army, they will be defeated by Spain. But fortunately for Simon Bolivar, he had Anglo-Saxon volunteers under his command. I doubt if Filipinos alone can defeat the Spanish or without the Americans.
Kurapsyon

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#9 May 3, 2013
Kurapsyon wrote:
That's why Roxas boulevard used to be called Dewey boulevard. And EDSA was called Highway 54.
Anglo-Saxons always defeated the Spanish many times before. Without the Anglo-Saxon majority (of the British legion volunteers) helping Simon Bolivar, South America wouldn't have been able to gain independence from Spain. That means if Simon Bolivar only had Spanish and natives in his rebel army, they will be defeated by Spain. But fortunately for Simon Bolivar, he had Anglo-Saxon volunteers under his command. I doubt if Filipinos alone can defeat the Spanish or without the Americans.
After gaining independence from Spain, Simon Bolivar refused to install democracy in South America (like in the USA) because he says it will only work in a nation full of saints. So that's why democracy is a failure in the Philippines as well.
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

#10 May 3, 2013
Democracy did work in the Philippines and became most democratic and prosperous during Magsaysay until Marcos came into power and the Philippines became a dictatorship. In the Aquino administration is is slowly becoming truly democratic again and its a struggling democracy.
Kurapsyon

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#11 May 3, 2013
Martin Nuke wrote:
Democracy did work in the Philippines and became most democratic and prosperous during Magsaysay until Marcos came into power and the Philippines became a dictatorship. In the Aquino administration is is slowly becoming truly democratic again and its a struggling democracy.
Probably by the time of Marcos, that's when the senior civil servants appointed during American rule have all gone retired. And then, after their retirement, nepotism and cronyism came filling in the senior key positions. Filipino culture and tradition have taken over.
ELIAS IBARRA

Tamuning, Guam

#12 May 3, 2013
lol wrote:
Now Elias is mocking the US Naval History by blaming the Roman Catholics....lolllllllllllllll llllllllllllllll
you're so funny Elias always attacking the Roman Catholics...it might be your ancestors who started the mocking...
Lol,

It is not mocking U.S. Naval history but actually mine is elevating it all the more to a certain kind of uniqueness!!! Where could you find a naval battle that was staged and made easy for the Americans because the Catholic Church which was administering the Philippines would rather surrender to a powerful foe than to the Filipino forces who were surrounding the Walled City of Intramuros???

The ceding of the Philippines to the victorious United States while at the same time paying the vanquished Catholic Administration with millions puts everything in question!!! And the matter brings to mind another "colossal scam" of the Roman Catholic Church known as the Papal States which were landgrabbed properties!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Kurapsyon

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#13 May 3, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol,
It is not mocking U.S. Naval history but actually mine is elevating it all the more to a certain kind of uniqueness!!! Where could you find a naval battle that was staged and made easy for the Americans because the Catholic Church which was administering the Philippines would rather surrender to a powerful foe than to the Filipino forces who were surrounding the Walled City of Intramuros???
The ceding of the Philippines to the victorious United States while at the same time paying the vanquished Catholic Administration with millions puts everything in question!!! And the matter brings to mind another "colossal scam" of the Roman Catholic Church known as the Papal States which were landgrabbed properties!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Japanese and German warships were also in the bay observing the battle. Either of them were in standby to take over the Philippines if the Americans abort their assault on the Spanish forces. No doubt the Japanese and German warships would've also easily defeated the Spanish at Manila Bay.

So if the US didn't annex the Philippines in 1898, either the Japanese or Germans will. We would've been fluent in either Nippongo or German instead of English. Anyway, both Japanese and German languages are still very useful nowadays.
Nepotismo

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#14 May 3, 2013
Kurapsyon wrote:
<quoted text>
Japanese and German warships were also in the bay observing the battle. Either of them were in standby to take over the Philippines if the Americans abort their assault on the Spanish forces. No doubt the Japanese and German warships would've also easily defeated the Spanish at Manila Bay.
So if the US didn't annex the Philippines in 1898, either the Japanese or Germans will. We would've been fluent in either Nippongo or German instead of English. Anyway, both Japanese and German languages are still very useful nowadays.
I wonder what would the Spanish feel if the Japanese defeated them in Manila Bay like the way Japan defeated Russia.
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

#15 May 3, 2013
The Philippines kept on fighting the Americans and Tagalog Republic even became a Nation for a brief moment under Macario Sacay.

THere was a traitor in their ranks who was Aguinaldo who received money from the United States while Bonifacio was also the president of the Philippines. Aguinalo also killed Bonifacio so he could be the supreme leader of the Philippines but it broke up into many Nations like the Tagalog Republic that was led by Macario Sacay and Aguinalo hunted and killed him so the Tagalog Republic would dissolve.

Aguinaldo was known in alternative Philippine History as a traior abd the first corrupt Philippine President
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

#16 May 3, 2013
Actually Rizal wanted the Philippines to be a German Colony and he is even a follower of the Bismark Ideologies.
Nepotismo

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#17 May 3, 2013
Martin Nuke wrote:
Actually Rizal wanted the Philippines to be a German Colony and he is even a follower of the Bismark Ideologies.
Rizal is a very smart man. He knows things.
israelNOTpinas

Quezon City, Philippines

#18 May 3, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
What happened exactly on this day was this: The believers of the spurious Holy Trinity were trying to outsmart each other in the landgrabbing frenzy!!! Mother Harlot (Roman Catholic Church) was fighting against her Harlot Daughter (Protestantism) and all of them were worshipping a spurious Holy Trinity:
"It cannot therefore be seriously maintained that the mystery of the Divine Trinity was early revealed" in the Old Testament".
Reference: Pohle, Joseph. The Divine Trinity: A Dogmatic Treatise, p. 20, 13th impression. Montana and London: B. Huder Book Co., 1950.
The fighting was a prelude to the fulfillment of God's prophecy about the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) about the fact that the people to whom the messenger was sent to preach were far from God's truth, they were also being held back by the "north" and the "south." The prophecy states:
"Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, and gather you from the west;
"I will say to the north,'Give them up!' And to the south,'Do not keep them back!' Bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth." (Is. 43:5-6, Ibid.)
In fulfillment, the "north" and the "south," which were holding back God's children in these last days, were two dominant religious groups, namely, Protestantism and Catholicism:
" ... In the north the Protestants were in control---Lutheran churches in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, the northern and central states of Germany; Calvinists or Reformed churches in Scotland , the Netherlands, Hesse, the Palatinate, and a few of the western German states. In the south, the Catholics were in control---Spain, Italy, Austria, Bavaria, and elsewhere in southern Germany."
Reference:(The Reformation, p.366)
From these two religions---Catholicism and Protestantism---the messenger of God in these last days "snatched" people by preaching to them God's righteousess or the true faith. In fulfillment of this prophecy, those who believed in the gospel as preached by Brother Felix Y. Manalo indeed were converts from the Catholic Church and the various Protestant sects and denominations!!!

Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) must improve their low I.Q.s!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
If you read Isaiah 46:11

Another INCM Clown do the balloon Twisting!

Reading the whole chapter.

it is clear Isaiah is talking about the delivery of the Jews from Babylon and in a Generation Cyrus the Great( who symbol was a Hawk) attacked the Babylonians from the East and delivered the Jews from captivity.
Might add at that time

it was a military man who was always referred to as a Bird of prey

Did Felix Manalo ever serve in any armed forces?

Felix left hand Elias Ibarra was an ex-marine Visayan.
ELIAS IBARRA

Tamuning, Guam

#19 May 3, 2013
nyg wrote:
After reading that nonsense, I have no doubt that Elias has some sort of mental issues. lol.
Blame the RCC and Protestants for everything, is Elias answer to everything.
Truth be told, the US took the Philippines to gain access to the Asian economy and to be one of the imperial powers that had a slice of China. Read a history book.
Nyg,

Your very own comment describes you best for it surely projects your low I.Q.!!! You mentioned that "the U.S. took the Philippines", and, what is its equivalent??? Landgrabbing or colonization!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

Improve your low I.Q.!!!

Real E
ELIAS IBARRA

Tamuning, Guam

#20 May 4, 2013
Nepotismo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rizal is a very smart man. He knows things.
Nepotismo,

Yes, Dr. Jose Rizal was very smart!!! Although he believed in God, he was not believing the spurious Holy Trinity!!! He was first in making fun of the priests based on how he portrayed Padre Salvi as "sweating profusely" after seeing the women lifting their skirts while wading into the lake looking for heron's nests!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Tamuning, Guam

#21 May 4, 2013
Nepotismo wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what would the Spanish feel if the Japanese defeated them in Manila Bay like the way Japan defeated Russia.
Nepotismo,

When the Filipinos was rising up againts Spain, Japan made some arms shipments to the Katipunan but unluckily the boat was sunk by a typhoon!!! Japan was threatened by the presence of Western powers in the Far Eastern corridors!!! The Land of the Rising Sun is known to have had defeated Russia in 1905 and the U.S., Great Britain, France, and the Netherlands at the onset of the Second World War!!!

Only Japan has the best record in the annals of war wherein at one single moment in time she defeated and humiliated four Western Powers with gusto!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Besieged Iraqi town of Amerli buoyed by prospec... 23 min Jeff Brightone 1
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 1 hr Jaimie 55
Japanese Vessel Visits Central Vietnam Port For... 6 hr RIENTAL STINK DICK 36
Pentagon has spent more than $500 million on Iraq 18 hr Gary 1
Iran: US Coast Guard fired at fishing boat 19 hr jeff proves 4
Head of Detroit Police Mounted unit invited to ... 19 hr john sinclair 1
Sugar Grove may become minimum-security prison 22 hr wasnotbornyesterday 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••