Flight Records List Russia Sending Tons of Cash to Syria

Nov 25, 2012 Full story: ProPublica 48

This past summer, as the Syrian economy began to unravel and the military pressed hard against an armed rebellion, a Syrian government plane ferried what flight records describe as more than 200 tons of "bank notes" from Moscow.

Full Story
Syrian

New London, CT

#22 Nov 27, 2012
Raj 9 wrote:
Russia is helping Syria to overcome this crisis by helping them in this way. I appreciate it. Thanks Mr. Putin for ur help and I THINK Putin SHOULD HAVE HELPED Libya in this way. If it had happened, Gadafi would have been alive.
If Russia and China had blocked NATOs no fly son, he would be.
Syrian

New London, CT

#23 Nov 27, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I thought it was Russian currency being shipped but it is Syrian pounds being printed in Russia, something they did not want to do as it will devalue the Syrian pound even more.
Untrue, as Syrian money was formerly printed in Europe. The Russians are totally aware that Syrian money is still strong enough to buy tons of new weaponry for their military.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#24 Nov 28, 2012
RUSSIA WILL NEVER IN A THOUSAND YEARS LET THE PRESENT SYRIA GOVERNMENT GO OUT BY MILITARY MEANS; RUSSIA WILL DIRECTLY INTERVENE TO PREVENT THIS.
Peace man

Calgary, Canada

#25 Nov 28, 2012
Russia did this before in 1967.Russia's Kossygin(stated in Readers Digest issue or perhaps Time Magazine)had telephoned President Johnson to stop Israeli marchto Damascus with warning as such:

"Stop them or we will".

And there was instant ceasefire and peace.

I had just migrated to Canada those days.I was so scared that I was contemplating about moving to Argentina for my own safety.

I LOVE PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#26 Nov 28, 2012
Peace man, I got some good information you might be able to use in your poems.
L. M. Montgomery, RILLA of INGLESIDE
page 62, when Jem went off to war, you remember, when the stupid mutt stayed at the station till Jem come home, which he never,(no body missed Dog Monday),that's
Because His Real Name was LARRYand you might tie to that.
Syria

New London, CT

#27 Nov 28, 2012
DENG wrote:
RUSSIA WILL NEVER IN A THOUSAND YEARS LET THE PRESENT SYRIA GOVERNMENT GO OUT BY MILITARY MEANS; RUSSIA WILL DIRECTLY INTERVENE TO PREVENT THIS.
They probably already have! This is definitely now a war by proxy.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#28 Nov 28, 2012
DENG wrote:
RUSSIA WILL NEVER IN A THOUSAND YEARS LET THE PRESENT SYRIA GOVERNMENT GO OUT BY MILITARY MEANS; RUSSIA WILL DIRECTLY INTERVENE TO PREVENT THIS.
Yeah ok, you keep thinking that
George

Red Deer, Canada

#29 Nov 28, 2012
Peace man wrote:
Russia did this before in 1967.Russia's Kossygin(stated in Readers Digest issue or perhaps Time Magazine)had telephoned President Johnson to stop Israeli marchto Damascus with warning as such:
"Stop them or we will".
And there was instant ceasefire and peace.
I had just migrated to Canada those days.I was so scared that I was contemplating about moving to Argentina for my own safety.
I LOVE PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND.
Well welcome to Canada, where did you migrate from?
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#30 Nov 28, 2012
DENG wrote:
RUSSIA WILL NEVER IN A THOUSAND YEARS LET THE PRESENT SYRIA GOVERNMENT GO OUT BY MILITARY MEANS; RUSSIA WILL DIRECTLY INTERVENE TO PREVENT THIS.

What the problem is, the world accepted Britain's refusal to buckle to the will of the IRA . Now Britain is demanding, not only Syria but all other sovereign Nations buckle to their brand of terrorism, now represented by their clients the Brotherhood, though the British reserve the right to change that at any time.
Syrian

New London, CT

#31 Nov 28, 2012
Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
What the problem is, the world accepted Britain's refusal to buckle to the will of the IRA . Now Britain is demanding, not only Syria but all other sovereign Nations buckle to their brand of terrorism, now represented by their clients the Brotherhood, though the British reserve the right to change that at any time.
So true! Britian sure blasted those IRA freedom fighters.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#32 Nov 28, 2012
Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
What the problem is, the world accepted Britain's refusal to buckle to the will of the IRA . Now Britain is demanding, not only Syria but all other sovereign Nations buckle to their brand of terrorism, now represented by their clients the Brotherhood, though the British reserve the right to change that at any time.
Very well said!
Rtloder

Cobbitty, Australia

#33 Nov 28, 2012
Syria wrote:
<quoted text> They probably already have! This is definitely now a war by proxy.

Well if the al-Khatid deal did produce shoulder launch missiles, we will soon know the level of commitment, I think that would succeed where martyrdom bombers failed. When the terrorist attacks yesterday I believed they hadn't achieved it, they are claiming they did. If the Axis of resistance
wants to stay in business, it can then only be high altitude bombing and a regional ground offensive.
Syrian

New London, CT

#34 Nov 28, 2012
Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if the al-Khatid deal did produce shoulder launch missiles, we will soon know the level of commitment, I think that would succeed where martyrdom bombers failed. When the terrorist attacks yesterday I believed they hadn't achieved it, they are claiming they did. If the Axis of resistance
wants to stay in business, it can then only be high altitude bombing and a regional ground offensive.
Massive artillery shelling can cause even more damage than air strikes alone. I think they will soon see major barrages by the Syrian army now.
Rtloder

Cobbitty, Australia

#35 Nov 29, 2012
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Massive artillery shelling can cause even more damage than air strikes alone. I think they will soon see major barrages by the Syrian army now.

I'm not very knowledge, but I do know if they tried this, tactic, of insurgency by ambush and intimidation in Israel Arabia or anywhere else there would be little or no sympathy for the criminals.
Syrian

New London, CT

#36 Nov 29, 2012
Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not very knowledge, but I do know if they tried this, tactic, of insurgency by ambush and intimidation in Israel Arabia or anywhere else there would be little or no sympathy for the criminals.
I'm sure that they are going to use every tactic available to them.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#37 Nov 29, 2012
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure that they are going to use every tactic available to them.
I am sure they have tried all tactics and as the planes and helicopters keep falling out of the sky the only one they need to try is RUN RUN RUN.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#38 Nov 29, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure they have tried all tactics and as the planes and helicopters keep falling out of the sky the only one they need to try is RUN RUN RUN.

George you should, READ READ READ, for example, take Marilyn's photo to bed, I mean, I take Marilyn's photo to bed, Oh shit no I don't, what I mean is. George we know your a Canadian, we also know you know nothing about about the "ultimate" meaning the peace man is alluding to in relation to
Anne of Green Gables.

I refer you to page 104, Anne eagerly demands of Diana,( will you swear to be my friend for ever.)

EXACTLY peace man for ever is a very long time, good point. LoL.
Oliver Cromwell

Blackpool, UK

#39 Nov 29, 2012
Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if the al-Khatid deal did produce shoulder launch missiles, we will soon know the level of commitment, I think that would succeed where martyrdom bombers failed. When the terrorist attacks yesterday I believed they hadn't achieved it, they are claiming they did. If the Axis of resistance
wants to stay in business, it can then only be high altitude bombing and a regional ground offensive.
Indeed they can use Nato tactics and bomb from twenty five thousand feet,another good idea would be to get some Syrian agents into Qatar and start killing some of those fat bastards. The Syrians need to take the War to the vipers nests another one is Turkey.
Reporter

Beirut, Lebanon

#40 Nov 29, 2012
So where is the problem...Fairness, when some countries cut short the money , others are supplying it.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#41 Nov 29, 2012
Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
George you should, READ READ READ, for example, take Marilyn's photo to bed, I mean, I take Marilyn's photo to bed, Oh shit no I don't, what I mean is. George we know your a Canadian, we also know you know nothing about about the "ultimate" meaning the peace man is alluding to in relation to
Anne of Green Gables.
I refer you to page 104, Anne eagerly demands of Diana,( will you swear to be my friend for ever.)
EXACTLY peace man for ever is a very long time, good point. LoL.
Get lost and take your brainless comments with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NATO Tracks Large-Scale Russian Air Activity In... 5 hr PROUD TO BE SERB 5
Who Controls Wikipedia? Who Sponsors Wikipedia? (Mar '10) 5 hr GOG 65
Argentina: 'UK should remove troops from Falkla... 7 hr BritBob 3
Father upset over Islam history lesson barred f... 10 hr DrBen 1
About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afgh... 13 hr Gro 1
Falklands War 2? Argentina's new fighters a ser... 22 hr Ace McCloud 21
Vets react with skepticism, hope to proposed VA... Thu William Wilken 8

US Military People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE