Sikorsky wins U.S. Navy deal for pres...

Sikorsky wins U.S. Navy deal for president's Marine One helicopters

There are 56 comments on the Reuters story from May 7, 2014, titled Sikorsky wins U.S. Navy deal for president's Marine One helicopters. In it, Reuters reports that:

Sikorsky Aircraft, a unit of United Technologies Corp, won an initial $1.24 billion contract to develop and build six new U.S. presidential helicopters, the first step toward a fleet of 21 new aircraft by 2023, the Pentagon announced on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
see the light

El Paso, TX

#1 May 7, 2014
What a waste of money. Does he want a different one for every day of the week? He thinks by flashing around planes or taking 100million dollar vacations, he's taking the ghetto out of him, sorry once a scum always scum.
Your Ex

Paris, TN

#2 May 8, 2014
see the light wrote:
What a waste of money. Does he want a different one for every day of the week? He thinks by flashing around planes or taking 100million dollar vacations, he's taking the ghetto out of him, sorry once a scum always scum.
Once a moron, always a moron, eh?
"Efforts to buy a new presidential helicopter began shortly after the September 11, 2001, hijacking attacks, which revealed the outdated nature of communications systems on the existing fleet."

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#3 May 8, 2014
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
"Efforts to buy a new presidential helicopter began shortly after the September 11, 2001, hijacking attacks, which revealed the outdated nature of communications systems on the existing fleet."
You gotta love the severe cases of Obama Derangement Syndrome... they just make it up as they go along all the while suffering in pure misery all because the president is Black.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#4 May 8, 2014
We must pay trillions of dollars for modern black electronics that will exterminate domestic citizens. And the current people in power are not stopping this. And have even expanded what will be the final result.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#5 May 8, 2014
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I'll take outdated but 6? No the wimp doesn't need 6. I suppose their customized just for him.
Hawk

Kamuela, HI

#6 May 8, 2014
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Ok I'll take outdated but 6? No the wimp doesn't need 6. I suppose their customized just for him.
Redundancy is the norm in all military and security equipment and plans. You seem to believe that this is going to only effect the current president and not future president's and their family members.

Your dislike for the president is noted, but to pretend that the building of new security systems to protect the president of the United States is just a move by Obama's part to add more "bling" to the presidential garage is pretty silly.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7 May 8, 2014
see the light wrote:
What a waste of money. Does he want a different one for every day of the week?.
There are seven days a week on earth, shug.

The helicopters are not just for the POTUS, dipSTICK.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

You can't read past the first paragraph?

The POTUS, the VP, cabinet officers, and various members and situations of the state department.

And the helicopters are not all stationed on the white House lawn.

Location hidden

#8 May 8, 2014
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Ok I'll take outdated but 6?.
Closer to two dozen.

You are a very stupid person.

After you find out you are wrong rather than look up more information... you crawl out on the limb further.

Location hidden

#9 May 8, 2014
serfs up wrote:
We must pay trillions of dollars for modern black electronics that will exterminate domestic citizens..
Not if we are all protected by those tin foil hats, Smurfette.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#10 May 8, 2014
Can't wait till the bubble bursts.... The uber-violent libs will be looking to lynch Obama and his band of thieves more than the GOP.... Can't wait till the bubble bursts.

Location hidden

#11 May 8, 2014
okimar wrote:
Can't wait till the bubble bursts....
Hardly wait...

I like the way the tea baggers sandbagged the last election, losing 8 out of 8.

And just lost in the primaries Tuesday.

Fool everyone by acting so incompetent... luring the Dems into false sense of security...
see the light

El Paso, TX

#12 May 8, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Redundancy is the norm in all military and security equipment and plans. You seem to believe that this is going to only effect the current president and not future president's and their family members.
Your dislike for the president is noted, but to pretend that the building of new security systems to protect the president of the United States is just a move by Obama's part to add more "bling" to the presidential garage is pretty silly.
Silly but true.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#13 May 8, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are seven days a week on earth, shug.
The helicopters are not just for the POTUS, dipSTICK.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!
You can't read past the first paragraph?
The POTUS, the VP, cabinet officers, and various members and situations of the state department.
And the helicopters are not all stationed on the white House lawn.
Doesn't need.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#14 May 8, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly wait...
I like the way the tea baggers sandbagged the last election, losing 8 out of 8.
And just lost in the primaries Tuesday.
Fool everyone by acting so incompetent... luring the Dems into false sense of security...
Just tattoo LOSERS on your forehead and be done with it, We understand..... Sometimes the bear gets you,....sometimes you get the bear. Barry was a fiiiiine choice for people wanting to elect some one("a clean,non-negro sounding,Black man")ACORDING to Uncle Joe Biden...... You remember Joe... The Court Jester.... You people are GREAT at wanting to put ideals above country. Too f**king bad for our country.....

Location hidden

#15 May 8, 2014
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't need.
Reagan didn't need StarWars but the bill for his toys was $210 billion and they have yet to work.

Perspective, eh, Shug?

PS: these helicopters will last twenty years. Or more. Maybe even last until the next Republican gets elected president...

Location hidden

#16 May 8, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Just tattoo LOSERS on your forehead
Swallow, SpoogeSponge.

Swallow and tell us all the name of the tea bagger who was last elected in the USA.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#17 May 8, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<
You gotta STFU.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#18 May 8, 2014
I wonder if the new helicopters will run on big rubber bands... you know, global warming "crisis" and all.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#19 May 9, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta love the severe cases of Obama Derangement Syndrome... they just make it up as they go along all the while suffering in pure misery all because the president is Black.
The president is half black. You keep forgetting his white half.

Location hidden

#20 May 9, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
The president is half black. You keep forgetting his white half.
You keep forgetting why it bothers you so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump: Iranian boats that make improper a gestu... 6 hr southern at heart 142
News Army aims to help YOU get ready for college 11 hr Green Berets 1
News Bruce M. Johnson (Jan '12) 13 hr Mike 5
News Donald Trump's birther nonsense 16 hr YouDidntBuildThat 8
News Hawaii utility tests battery in renewable energ... 21 hr Solarman 1
News Marine Corps training under fire again Sat Benny 3
News Marines uncover wide abuse, hazing after recrui... Sat cookie monster 2
More from around the web