Japan's Abe suffers setback with Okin...

Japan's Abe suffers setback with Okinawa election loss

There are 133 comments on the The Baltimore Sun story from Jan 19, 2014, titled Japan's Abe suffers setback with Okinawa election loss. In it, The Baltimore Sun reports that:

A city mayor opposed to a plan to relocate a controversial U.S. airbase on Japan's Okinawa island was re-elected on Sunday, creating a political headache for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and threatening friction with Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Ainu

Amagasaki, Japan

#1 Jan 20, 2014
In this forum, I really wonder why you always see negative news about Abe. At least here in Japan, he is strongly supported among Japanese.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2 Jan 20, 2014
Ainu wrote:
In this forum, I really wonder why you always see negative news about Abe. At least here in Japan, he is strongly supported among Japanese.
Abe is a conservative and this forum is populated by liberal progressives who despise conservatives. Abe is a good leader so the Obamatons will always hate him.

I dont understand the Futenma issue. Why would the Okinawans elect a communist for a Mayor? How are they going to replace the income lost by the base relocation? Why does a Mayor have such influence that he can stall the long awaited relocation?
Ainu

Suita, Japan

#3 Jan 21, 2014
Why don't US troops fight with Chinese provocations around Senkaku if you stay in Okinawa???

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#4 Jan 21, 2014
Ainu wrote:
Why don't US troops fight with Chinese provocations around Senkaku if you stay in Okinawa???
Japan has enjoyed 70 years of USA provided security. The USA provided for the defense of Japan and asked Japan to only pay for the bases and housing infrastructure. This investment by the people of America allowed the Japanese people to put their money into rebuilding their cities , highways , bridges, mass transit, shipping , electrical, water , sewer . Basically all of Japan's infrastructure. In 70 years Japan has never had to build a significant air force, Army or Navy.

The USA does not need to respond militarily to the Chinese posturing other than posture ourselves. We certainly dont need to fight. What we need is the commitment and support of the Japanese people to turn back the Chinese aggression. Okinawa is a component of this.

China see's a fracture in our alliance (Okinawa) and is going to grow it and exploit it until Japan becomes a province of China. If Okinawa and mainland Japan dont pull their heads out of their rears, then you had better start studying Mandarin and Cantonese because it will soon be you national language.
Ainu

Suita, Japan

#5 Jan 21, 2014
Don't make me laugh. Who cares about such ugly and noisy ching, chong, chang language LOL

Japan should let US base stay in Senkaku to fight with Chinese provocations.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6 Jan 21, 2014
Ainu wrote:
..........Japan should let US base stay in Senkaku to fight with Chinese provocations.
While certainly an interesting way to keep our beloved Marines out of the thousands of bars, brothels and strip clubs in Okinawa its just too isolated. We dont care about Senkaku. The Japanese should handle this small potato.

That said , maybe if you build a Navy base in Senkaku ; complete with Bars , brothels and strip clubs ......maybe you'd have something worth fighting for.

" If you build it .......they will come "
Ainu

Suita, Japan

#7 Jan 21, 2014
According to Japan-US Security Treaty, US troops have a duty to protect Japan. US troops must protect Senkaku of course. Don't forget US troops are supported by Japanese tax.
Ainu

Suita, Japan

#8 Jan 21, 2014
American are basically laid-back and lacking discipline. You are just getting arrogant in Okinawa. I can understand why US troops are not trustworthy there.

I've never been to Okinawa, but at least my hometown Hokkaido has the biggest JSDF base in Asahikawa, Hokkaido to face with Russian provocations.

They are well trained with discipline compare to GI in Okinawa. Human being will be tough in cold place and laid-back in hot place. Japan is not Philippines. We will NEVER pay for laid-back GI.

If you wanna stay in Japan, go fight with Chinese provocations.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#9 Jan 21, 2014
Ainu wrote:
According to Japan-US Security Treaty, US troops have a duty to protect Japan. US troops must protect Senkaku of course. Don't forget US troops are supported by Japanese tax.
Think about it Ainu, There is no one to fight. Have they attacked you ? Have they bombed your cities? Sunk your Navy? Shot down your Air force? No ! The Chinese cruise a warship or two through the area , big deal ! Who cares. The Chinese declare a controlled airspace zone ...so what .....who cares . We fly through it with impunity every day and they cant stop us. What do you want the USA to do ? Sink a Chinese warship and watch your people suffer through another war? Its ok to be aggressive but its not ok to be stupid.

As for US troops being lazy ....well thats just stupid too. Militarily, the USA is the most powerful nation on earth and will remain so for the forseeable future. This power prevents wars. How many wars have not started because our adversaries do not wish to tangle with the USA and its allies? Now the Japanese are showing their ingratitude. The USA created the freedom and liberty you enjoy today. We then served to protect it for 70 years and still do. Okinawans complain and whine about Futenma because they want the land to build more bars and brothels. They can have it as soon as they provide the already agreed upon alternative. Honor your agreements.

The solution is simple, Relocate the base to a more remote area and when Marines break the local laws , put them in prison same as when Japanese break the law.

Maybe we should save our treasure and just leave and let the Chicoms, Arabs and Russians have their way with you. I'd vote for that !
Ainu

Suita, Japan

#10 Jan 21, 2014
So you wanna say US troops can move when something bad thing happens, huh? You have no mind to denfend before it has done?

As you know, Chinese are getting into Japanese sea area EVERY DAY. If they get into US sea area, can you say, "There is no fight. Have they attacked you?" Don't make such a childish excuse, lazy American!

What an arrogant mind! How can you protect a nation with such an arrogant mind? You must be humble anyway. We never enjoy the freedom and liberty you mention. It's not your position to say such a arrogant comment.

Historically, Chinese are so cowards that they cannot make war. They just enjoy provoking. But it's disgusting. At least Japan and US should take army training there.
Ainu

Suita, Japan

#11 Jan 21, 2014
When I talk to American, I always feel disgusting you don't hesitate to betray for your "benefit" although you behave so cheerful or kind first. American are lazy and like to use broken slung English. We can't trust with such attitude.

We Japanese are samurai minded and keep a royalty. Royalty is the most important in Japanese society, so we can't forgive someone who breaks a promise or rule.

China can't provoke Japan for a long time because of US base in Okinawa. Yes, it's true. But now USA cannot afford to focus on this region in economy and expect JSDF instead.

Therefore, USA welcomes Japan tries to change constitution no matter how Asians protest.
I'm sure US troops will NEVER fight for Japan. Just stay in Okinawa no matter how Japan fights with China. It's OK! This is Japan and we must protect our own land.

All I wanna say is "Leave Japan alone no matter what we arm by ourselves"

Chinese and Korean surely bring history again to blame Japan. They try to break Japan-US alliance anyway, so they get close to American and try to bash Japan together. But do not company with them. This is none of your business and leave alone.

It's time to be "independent" anyway. We don't depend on any troops. We don't die for
American. So American die for us? No way! American have no royalty like samurai. We are not such optimistic. We don't belive in your "smile".

If you don't fight with Chinese provocations, go back home or leave Japan alone no matter what we arm ourselves.

That's all.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#12 Jan 21, 2014
I didnt want to argue with you. I lived three years in Japan and loved it.

However, your arrogance, lack of responsibility and accountability is so typical of today's Japanese. A nation of victims seeking the pity and welfare of the world.

Samurai ? Royalty ?? Saigo Takamori died in 1877 and you are not worthy to utter the word samurai. Todays Japanese are not worthy of their past. Weaklings, drunks and sexual perverts. You have lost every war you fought. A nation of rigid and imprisoned thinkers. Japan today is the epitome of laziness, relying on the pity and good will of a conquering nation to protect you. You should be ashamed .....Saigo would.

Japan has lost its way and is one dimensional and rigid in its thinking. You cannot see past Kabikicho , saki and tentacle porn. Look in the mirror to see laziness, denial and decadence.

Again I say, I lived in your nation for over 3 years and maybe we just are not communicating very well . Maybe we can agree to be civil and respectful like your ancestors.

Bottom line , its 2014, Japan is going to have to step up and help.
Ainu

Suita, Japan

#13 Jan 21, 2014
"See for yourself" is really suitable for you.

What are you American soldiers doing in Okinawa? How many American soldiers are you arrested? You are acting with responsibility and accountability??? Don't make me laugh!

Samurai spirits NEVER die. I was raised by judo and strongly educated to fight in the world because judo is Japan's most favorite sport in the Olympics. All of us are expected to get gold and trained so hard of course.

Who cares about such silly kids influnced by capitalism? You American bring capitalism into Japan and influence them to be lazy, but we not.

Kabukicho? Ah, gaijin like to go there? Don't generalize us! Not all Japanese are such silly. You are just picking out your willing info, aren't you? Why don't you go to Ryogoku and join sumo training there? Your arrogant comment reminds me of 80s Japanese animation:



Anyway, Chinese provocations is telling what American troops are. I'm sure you just stay in
Okinawa. Japanese don't expect American at all. We are not such optimistic. We are going to "Normal Nation" to make war anytime and take back "Strong Japan" again. Of course, it brings "benefits" to US.

Chinese and Korean manage to break Japan-US alliance for sure. Don't follow their childish media control. Don't hear their childish propaganda. They just use history to hide their arrogant sinocentrism against neighbors Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Uyghur, Tibet, etc and get symphathized in the world. I hope American are not such silly to hear that.

Japan must be "independent" without foreign troops. Japanese don't die for American. American die for Japanese??? 100% No! US troops just stay in Okinawa. We protect our own land with our blood.

Keep in mind!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#14 Jan 21, 2014
Ainu wrote:
Japan must be "independent" without foreign troops. Japanese don't die for American. American die for Japanese??? 100% No! US troops just stay in Okinawa. We protect our own land with our blood.
Keep in mind!
Ok , you asked for it . Get a grip on yourself boy. You have never served your nation a single day in your life. Judo ....woooo Judo ! Go defend Shenkaku with judo and your deceased samurai spirit, you clown. you wont because you are afraid and hide behind the strength of the USA. My father landed on Okinawa and was prepared to invade Japan mainland. We could have totally eradicated your culture in WW2 and instead chose to be merciful and benevolent. Unfortunately , this mercy has bred the shameful like of you. Lazy , disrespectful, morally bankrupt and begging for hand outs from the word.

You should simply say Thank You and enjoy your undisciplined, soft life of freedom and liberty that you never bled a single drop to obtain. Stop pretending and go join the military.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#15 Jan 21, 2014
Ohey Truthpain, I'd like to comment on one tiny thing you said. You said America's gigantic power is the reason why wars were prevented right? But at the same time, the US made a few wars, no? For example, the Iraq War was a war the US created, a false war. What do you think?

Oh, and ignore every other post or thread Ainu makes on this forums. It's not worth the time or effort to argue with him. He will NEVER change his mind. Simply troll his ass.
Ainu

Amagasaki, Japan

#16 Jan 22, 2014
No, we didn't ask at all. US just wanted to stay in Okinawa to compete with Soviet in the cold war. Now US warns China and North Korea instead. Again, American soldiers will never fight and die for Japan. Just stay in Okinawa. American behave "smart" for benefits first, but don't hesitate to betray for benefits. We are used to your character.

"Shake right hand and hide knife in left hand"

This is an international manner, and Obama has recently proved it with spy to his alliances.We are educated to doubt "smile" of gaijin. No matter how you use laid-back slung English friendly, it doesn't work at all among Japanese with samurai spirits. We basically doubt gaijin.

What country depends on foreign troops on earth? Japan? UK? Germany? It's a shame and we will protect our own land with our blood no matter what the war wins or loses. We are descendants of samurai.

I just hope American don't prevent Japanese from being "Normal Nation" if you are really allied with us. And ignore Chinese and Korean media controls. They use history especially Yasukuni to get sympathized in the world and manage to break Japan-US alliance. They hide their arrogant sinocentrism against Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Uyghur, Tibet, etc. They have no right to blame us, but they do. This is low minded Asian level. Japan will never answer such childish provocations and we just go to our own way. Don't disturb us.

We get lesson from history. As American divorce soon, you don't hesitate to be apart for benefits. So Japanese should not trust with American. Yes, we don't believe you at all. American are basically arrogant like you. But don't forget "Pax Americana" will never keep on just like "Pax Romana" There will be increasing Hispanic, Asian and black immigrants and USA will be collapse inside just like the Roman Empire. Why Japanese pure blooded imperial history keeps in 2650 years? Because we don't accept immigrants like USA.

My grandfather didn't fight with American because he invaded in Siberia. He and his family went back to Hokkaido from Karafuto. Our family are rather Russian minded and don't like lazy American style.

According to Sun zi, you must hide your power if you want to win. The strong don't tell how strong you are. So you are stupid. American must be humble to stay in Okinawa. If you don't fight with China for American benefits, it's OK. But don't forget you lose a trust in Japan.
Ainu

Amagasaki, Japan

#17 Jan 22, 2014
Japanese are basically kind to foreigners because we consider them as "guest". On the other hand, American are cautious because you consider foreigners as "immigrants" who steal job, women, etc. That's why naive Japanese make American get arrogant like you.

However, we are educated to fight for the emperor or Japan. We must bow to the photo of the emperor, Japanese national flag and sing Kimigayo. And then, training starts. We doubt gaijin all the day to protect our own land. Also, we must tell gaijin what we think.

Arrogance loses a nation. History tells it. USA is only 300 years old and you don't know at all what happens next. Why pure blooded imperial Japanese history keeps on for 2650 years? Because we know history.

Japanese are used to sinocentrism like senkaku provocations. This is China. Growing economy, China gets arrogant soon. But they lack the basics and can't win overall. They are basically show-offs and no match for Japanese who focuses on the basics in the end.

At WW2, Japan had fought with USA and China at the same time. Nobody could stop militarism and we had to go to hell. We must get lesson from history. USA will never support Japan. Just stay in Okinawa. If you blame them, they just make an excuse like you. OK, we don't expect you at all. But you American don't answer Chinese or Korean provocations.

Chinese and Korean are jealous of Japanese in their heart deeply and just keep bullshits in order to calm down an inferiority complex or historical frustrations. Historically, China has no ball to fight with Japan and just enjoy provoking like kids. Japan must take this chance to be "Normal Nation" and take back "Strong Japan" again. This is American benefts too.
Asian

Chatswood, Australia

#18 Jan 22, 2014
The fact is Okinawa belongs to Okinawans. Thieving japan stole it from Okinawans by force.
Ainu

Amagasaki, Japan

#19 Jan 22, 2014
The Okinawan and the Ainu are direct descendants of the 1st Japanese Jomon.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#20 Jan 22, 2014
Switches wrote:
Ohey Truthpain, I'd like to comment on one tiny thing you said. You said America's gigantic power is the reason why wars were prevented right? But at the same time, the US made a few wars, no? For example, the Iraq War was a war the US created, a false war. What do you think?
Oh, and ignore every other post or thread Ainu makes on this forums. It's not worth the time or effort to argue with him. He will NEVER change his mind. Simply troll his ass.
Hi Switches , no doubt about it, we have engaged in war. Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, are the overt wars. Having served extensively , I strongly support rooting out terrorists hostile to the USA and punishing the governments that provide them comfort and safety. I prefer we engage in their own back yard instead of waiting for them to come and attack us again. In summary , my perspective is that we are defending ourselves by going on the offensive.

The thrust of my comment regarding preventing wars , is the notion that many belligerent nations quickly moderate rather than engage the US and our alllies ( Japan included) in open combat. I also believe our current administration, unfortunately, is laying the groundwork for us and our allies to appear very weak and vulnerable. History proves that this will embolden our adversaries and cause wider and deeper conflicts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Air Force has deployed one of its few elect... 17 hr Marsha Carol Wats... 1
Fifty Years Later Wed SmokinJoe 2
News Bataan Legion prepares Veterans Day ceremony Tue C Kersey 2
News Hanau says goodbye to U.S. troops (Nov '08) Tue Wes 1,556
News 'I knew people who were kicked out of the force... Tue Rev Cash Dollar 2
News Discharged as 'undesirable' in 1955 for being a... Mon Gov Corbutt of th... 10
News Chelsea Manning confirms US Senate run Jan 15 guest 3
More from around the web