Philippines Now the Fourth Largest Shipbuilding Country in the World

There are 23 comments on the The Pinoy story from Feb 7, 2013, titled Philippines Now the Fourth Largest Shipbuilding Country in the World. In it, The Pinoy reports that:

President Benigno S. Aquino III, who graced the grand opening of Austal Philippines' shipyard facility at the West Cebu Industrial Park in Barangay Arpili, Balamban, Cebu, said the Philippines is now the fourth largest shipbuilding country in the world.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Pinoy.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
heressssssss kenny

Philippines

#1 Feb 7, 2013
Gooooooo Philippines -yet more EVIDENCE of the growth here .
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

#2 Feb 7, 2013
During the Philippines was also the best Ship Builders during the Spanish Era creating 100+ Manila Galleons which are Merchant / Warships and they were considered to be the best in the world.
Balasubas

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Feb 7, 2013
then why does the Phil Navy has antique warships or WWII ships and the most ill equipped Navy in southeast asia.
heressssssss kenny

Philippines

#4 Feb 7, 2013
Balasubas wrote:
then why does the Phil Navy has antique warships or WWII ships and the most ill equipped Navy in southeast asia.
Because at this time it chooses to focus on other things such as infrasture to attract foreign investment - warships may look impressive but provide little job growth .
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#7 Feb 7, 2013
Balasubas wrote:
1st of all the claim is bullshite.

you are right of course. consider even if the filipins is 4th in ship building that it would take years and there would be significant growth in the country because of it right?

theyd at least have built SOME ships for their own use dont you think?

its a real head shaker and its just not true. its a pisser.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#8 Feb 8, 2013
ohh gee. no one wants to argue? hahahahahahaha

just one of the best examples of how the flips will deceive themselves and others if they are allowed to.

puffery for the sake of puffery.
Balasubas

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Feb 8, 2013
its only one thing. they are stupid. lol
ink

Ashburn, VA

#11 Apr 28, 2013
the philippine government should start building navy vessels on its own . there's a lot of shipyard in cebu that c,an build bigger ships

Since: Jan 13

Singapore, Singapore

#12 May 10, 2013
Just accept it guys...
Whine..hate..bash more..but it's the way it is.
pavel

Guaíra, Brazil

#13 May 10, 2013
Martin Nuke wrote:
During the Philippines was also the best Ship Builders during the Spanish Era creating 100+ Manila Galleons which are Merchant / Warships and they were considered to be the best in the world.
and you should definitely build more galleons to defend yourself from china
John

Anaheim, CA

#14 May 10, 2013
heressssssss kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Because at this time it chooses to focus on other things such as infrasture to attract foreign investment - warships may look impressive but provide little job growth .
The infrastructure is a mess. The country floods every time it rains. Filth is everywhere, roads are pathetic. The waterways are complete cesspools. There's no money going toward infrastructure. If so it's being totally wasted. Mass corruption eliminate any massive foreign investment. The only things being built are shoe box condo units nobody buys.
god

San Anselmo, CA

#15 May 12, 2013
wow good for you
heressssssssssss sss kenny

Las Piñas, Philippines

#16 May 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
The infrastructure is a mess. The country floods every time it rains. Filth is everywhere, roads are pathetic. The waterways are complete cesspools. There's no money going toward infrastructure. If so it's being totally wasted. Mass corruption eliminate any massive foreign investment. The only things being built are shoe box condo units nobody buys.
John doe -or whoever you are -I live here you do not -i see the work currently being done -something you cant do from where you are.Nuff said.
BTW condo units nobody buys ??- then why on earth are they being built ??? silly boy .
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#17 May 12, 2013
heresssssssssssssss kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
John doe -or whoever you are -I live here you do not -i see the work currently being done -something you cant do from where you are.Nuff said.
BTW condo units nobody buys ??- then why on earth are they being built ??? silly boy .
millions of condos and offices and warehouses were built prior to the BIG HOUSING CRASH in the US. never occupied. flower pots now i guess.

seen chinas GHOST CITY? all brand new and not a soul living there. who wins?
well, we know who.

Las Piñas, Philippines

#18 May 13, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
millions of condos and offices and warehouses were built prior to the BIG HOUSING CRASH in the US. never occupied. flower pots now i guess.
seen chinas GHOST CITY? all brand new and not a soul living there. who wins?
well, we know who.
who can win ??? the US houseing crisis was built from greed -people that already owned one or more homes -the house price was moving so fast everyone thought they would make a killing -the proces here are steady .The building here is mainly on the backs of ofws prepareing for the future .I have several wanting me to build for them in Tagaytay.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#19 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
who can win ??? the US houseing crisis was built from greed -people that already owned one or more homes -the house price was moving so fast everyone thought they would make a killing -the proces here are steady .The building here is mainly on the backs of ofws prepareing for the future .I have several wanting me to build for them in Tagaytay.
building your own to sell and building for others is very different.

a slippery slope i would not venture on to. remember who you are dealing with.

Las Piñas, Philippines

#20 May 13, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
building your own to sell and building for others is very different.
a slippery slope i would not venture on to. remember who you are dealing with.
yup thats why i am building for myself -then i list for sale ,starting my fourth now -going well ,good profit,no problems .
All staff paid and happy, all paperwork 100% honest all due taxes paid- only 1st class materails used.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#21 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
yup thats why i am building for myself -then i list for sale ,starting my fourth now -going well ,good profit,no problems .
All staff paid and happy, all paperwork 100% honest all due taxes paid- only 1st class materails used.
better raise the prices then. thats not very filipino you know?

Las Piñas, Philippines

#22 May 13, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
better raise the prices then. thats not very filipino you know?
its ok -the profit from the last one got the Mrs a New car -not bad for 5 months work.
amscammer

Saint Paul, MN

#23 May 13, 2013
<quoted text>
n I made a killing here in the US in stocks real estate and of course I kept my day job until I could no longer stand the pressure. Heh hehhh! Oh and I have a 4500 sq ft medetranean in tagaytay near batangas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Plane Talk' with Canada's top soldier, on the ... 2 hr Neighbors 1
News Holloman Increases FPCON to Bravo 4 hr Think again invis... 2
News Protester Leaves Shell Ship North of Seattle; 1... 7 hr RustyS 2
News Navy says submarine being built to be named USS... 7 hr goonsquad 2
News Why this Ukrainian 'revolution' may be doomed, too 10 hr FASCIST Ukraine 187
News Jade Helm exercises will be held in the same st... 15 hr Your Ex 7
News Jade 15: Texas and the whole GOP Going Mad 17 hr Tazo 8
More from around the web