Russian warships set sail to Mediterranean amid possible Syria evacuation

Dec 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Russia Taday

Russia's three warships do not plan to stop at Syria port of Tartus, but may do so if they need to resupply, Russia's Ministry of Defense said.

Comments
1 - 20 of 3,579 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2013
First Prev
of 179
Next Last
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Is all modern war a staged managed event, I believe so, missile technology will make everyone equal, so warfare must become what it is now, a grab for credibility with regard to public opinion in the wealthy countries. The West used to have the bogey
man communism, and the promise of a vibrant future.
I always asserted the vibrant future was communism because it was Allah's ambition, and had planning and population control (utilitarian philosophy), no one listened to me. In fact my being was usurped and alien opinion attached to it
as an expectation of what it would become
after a life time of misery. The future we had, the one our forbear left simply vanished, and so did Allah's ambition.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

20

20

20

I thought Russia evacuated these people during the summer, did they find more?
Lujack Skylark

Gillespie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

George wrote:
I thought Russia evacuated these people during the summer, did they find more?
Your right! I thought the Russians had already evacuated their people. When the U.S. Navy showed up off Syria's coast, I thought the Russian ships picked up their people.
Derek

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Be aware Russia is sending its warships to the Mediterranean to counter the West Patriot Missles and US troops in Turkey and Jordan not to evacuate its citizens. Russia is aware of the armed uprising that might overthrow Syria Regime overspilling beyond the Middle East and affecting its own Borders. That is why Russia wants a dialogue leading to a peaceful settlement and it is flexing its muscles if their is intervention by the west. Remember what happened in the Balkans when we nearly had world war 3 when the American General ordered the British to attack the Russians at the Airport. Luckily the British Refused!
Syrian

Waterford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Derek wrote:
Be aware Russia is sending its warships to the Mediterranean to counter the West Patriot Missles and US troops in Turkey and Jordan not to evacuate its citizens. Russia is aware of the armed uprising that might overthrow Syria Regime overspilling beyond the Middle East and affecting its own Borders. That is why Russia wants a dialogue leading to a peaceful settlement and it is flexing its muscles if their is intervention by the west. Remember what happened in the Balkans when we nearly had world war 3 when the American General ordered the British to attack the Russians at the Airport. Luckily the British Refused!
The Russians are getting ready to act to defend the Syrian regime! Get really for the fireworks.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Derek wrote:
Be aware Russia is sending its warships to the Mediterranean to counter the West Patriot Missles and US troops in Turkey and Jordan not to evacuate its citizens. Russia is aware of the armed uprising that might overthrow Syria Regime overspilling beyond the Middle East and affecting its own Borders. That is why Russia wants a dialogue leading to a peaceful settlement and it is flexing its muscles if their is intervention by the west. Remember what happened in the Balkans when we nearly had world war 3 when the American General ordered the British to attack the Russians at the Airport. Luckily the British Refused!
Totally agree and notice the two Nations
Libya and Yugoslavia had one thing in common, NON - ALIGNMENT, not by coincidence did they both succumbed to sedition. Comrades Tito and Gadaffi were both romantics or they would have spent their lives working for the powers that they both overthrew, so was Lenin but he grew up, the other two never did. In contrast to that Bashar al-Assad is totally mature.
At the end of the day the world will isolate the criminal swine that invade Syria, there no more religious than the Ku Klux Klan.
it's just a matter of waiting it out.
Unless Allah insists on vengeance Syria cannot falter.
Truth Always beats lies 2

Hungary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

5

4

3

These ships are not going to Syria to evac anyone.The evac story is just another lie spread by the american jewish media.
Peace

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

We need peace acts and thoughts and no bellicose thinking.

Forced regime changes, excitement over war acts are very dangerous acts for our humanity.

Let there be quick peace and no bellicose deigning.

WE WANT AND LOVE PEACE FOR ALL HUMANITY SANS BAD ACTS AND HATE AND FORCED CHANGES.

LET SWEET SYRIANAS AND ALL SYRIANS HAVE PEACE LIKE THE PEACE WE HAVE IN CANADA.LET US MITIGATE ALL BELLICOSY AND THOUGHTS OF WAR AND COME ABOARD PEACE FOR ALL.
Jay

Sherwood Park, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

14

14

13

Derek wrote:
Be aware Russia is sending its warships to the Mediterranean to counter the West Patriot Missles and US troops in Turkey and Jordan not to evacuate its citizens. Russia is aware of the armed uprising that might overthrow Syria Regime overspilling beyond the Middle East and affecting its own Borders. That is why Russia wants a dialogue leading to a peaceful settlement and it is flexing its muscles if their is intervention by the west. Remember what happened in the Balkans when we nearly had world war 3 when the American General ordered the British to attack the Russians at the Airport. Luckily the British Refused!
America had nothing to do with the airport, General Rose from Britain took immediate action because the Russians left there assigned peacekeeping area went to Kosovo and chose to stand with the Serbs. Rose went on international news outraged and publicly threatened the British force would contain the Russians even if it meant a confrontation... Rightfully so. Recall Russia revealed some old documents of value from the Cold War answering old questions and the Brits backed off and a Russian zone was allowed. All these ships are doing is extracting undelivered arms from Russia and China, communications, intelligence gear... Anything that will upset diplomatic relations with the new regime when Assad falls. I don't believe anyone thinks 3 ships and some subs are a match for the US Medeteranian Fleet. If I was Putin I'd be trying hard to make sure the naval port can stay, diplomatically but as he supported Assad highly unlikely.
Jay

Sherwood Park, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

15

15

13

Peace wrote:
We need peace acts and thoughts and no bellicose thinking.
Forced regime changes, excitement over war acts are very dangerous acts for our humanity.
Let there be quick peace and no bellicose deigning.
WE WANT AND LOVE PEACE FOR ALL HUMANITY SANS BAD ACTS AND HATE AND FORCED CHANGES.
LET SWEET SYRIANAS AND ALL SYRIANS HAVE PEACE LIKE THE PEACE WE HAVE IN CANADA.LET US MITIGATE ALL BELLICOSY AND THOUGHTS OF WAR AND COME ABOARD PEACE FOR ALL.
Historically peace has had but one price,
That's blood.

History repeats itself again and again.
Canada enjoys peace because the country is young and vast with enormous wealth.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 18, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

15

Derek wrote:
Be aware Russia is sending its warships to the Mediterranean to counter the West Patriot Missles and US troops in Turkey and Jordan not to evacuate its citizens. Russia is aware of the armed uprising that might overthrow Syria Regime overspilling beyond the Middle East and affecting its own Borders. That is why Russia wants a dialogue leading to a peaceful settlement and it is flexing its muscles if their is intervention by the west. Remember what happened in the Balkans when we nearly had world war 3 when the American General ordered the British to attack the Russians at the Airport. Luckily the British Refused!
you are funny!! Russia is not stupid, why would they side with the loosing team, they are now going to try to work with the new government for future business, just watch.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Peace wrote:
We need peace acts and thoughts and no bellicose thinking.
Forced regime changes, excitement over war acts are very dangerous acts for our humanity.
Let there be quick peace and no bellicose deigning.
WE WANT AND LOVE PEACE FOR ALL HUMANITY SANS BAD ACTS AND HATE AND FORCED CHANGES.
LET SWEET SYRIANAS AND ALL SYRIANS HAVE PEACE LIKE THE PEACE WE HAVE IN CANADA.LET US MITIGATE ALL BELLICOSY AND THOUGHTS OF WAR AND COME ABOARD PEACE FOR ALL.

Peace man the heavens have shackled their depth to your work, whatever is asunder, filling the guts of the troll, with hatreds words, will soon be silenced, by the calling you answer.
This immediate blight is the cleavage of lust, dividing the primus of tea from the conversation of hope.
Down the slope then up the hill, one to the other, positive proof DEIGNING of BELLICOSE is being driven by the light of thunder.
And will not be narrowed or dampened, slowed or ended by the fighting in Syria.
Derek

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

George wrote:
<quoted text>
you are funny!! Russia is not stupid, why would they side with the loosing team, they are now going to try to work with the new government for future business, just watch.
It is not about siding with the losing side because no one Knows who will win or will there be a negotiated settlement. Look at the map and the unrest going on in some of Russia borders and you will know the truth. Russia is trying to stem the tide of unrest for its own self interest. It has already made ut quite clear to the UN and NATO that it does not support regime change by violence and if you were reading the stories the USA have moved two of theur Aircraft Carriers out of the Mediterranean. No matter what happens Russia will not change it,s stance concerning violent means to overthrow a goverment so it seems that the west and Russia relationship will return to the days of the cold war with mistrust on both sides. Is it worth ruining the west realtionship with Russia over Syria? All Russia ask for is dialogue based on the Geneva outcome. Putin will not back down from this issue as Russia would appear weak to other world leaders.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

21

21

15

Derek wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not about siding with the losing side because no one Knows who will win or will there be a negotiated settlement. Look at the map and the unrest going on in some of Russia borders and you will know the truth. Russia is trying to stem the tide of unrest for its own self interest. It has already made ut quite clear to the UN and NATO that it does not support regime change by violence and if you were reading the stories the USA have moved two of theur Aircraft Carriers out of the Mediterranean. No matter what happens Russia will not change it,s stance concerning violent means to overthrow a goverment so it seems that the west and Russia relationship will return to the days of the cold war with mistrust on both sides. Is it worth ruining the west realtionship with Russia over Syria? All Russia ask for is dialogue based on the Geneva outcome. Putin will not back down from this issue as Russia would appear weak to other world leaders.
Why is Russia asking for a negotiated settlement and supporting the supply of weapons to Assad, if Russia truly wanted a negotiated settlement they would have taken a stand with Assad and pushed the issue. Iran is taking more of a stand than Russia these days. Putin still thinks he is running the USSR and must change his thinking.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

11

11

10

George wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is Russia asking for a negotiated settlement and supporting the supply of weapons to Assad, if Russia truly wanted a negotiated settlement they would have taken a stand with Assad and pushed the issue. Iran is taking more of a stand than Russia these days. Putin still thinks he is running the USSR and must change his thinking.
So why old hag Clinton throws tantrums that Putin is restoring USSR then?
Chris

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

16

16

12

Derek wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not about siding with the losing side because no one Knows who will win or will there be a negotiated settlement. Look at the map and the unrest going on in some of Russia borders and you will know the truth. Russia is trying to stem the tide of unrest for its own self interest. It has already made ut quite clear to the UN and NATO that it does not support regime change by violence and if you were reading the stories the USA have moved two of theur Aircraft Carriers out of the Mediterranean. No matter what happens Russia will not change it,s stance concerning violent means to overthrow a goverment so it seems that the west and Russia relationship will return to the days of the cold war with mistrust on both sides. Is it worth ruining the west realtionship with Russia over Syria? All Russia ask for is dialogue based on the Geneva outcome. Putin will not back down from this issue as Russia would appear weak to other world leaders.
Your reasoning is basically right. But there is more to it. The case is that Western policies of the last three decades concerning forceful leadership change, is no longer sustainable. The Western leaders got into the habit to order leaders of different countries to step down, and if they do not do so, the West organizes covert operations and conflicts in the country, to push the leaders out. If covert operations do not work, the West resorts to direct aggressions, such as bombings and invasions. These policies are contrary to the International Law, and they are racists in its essence; based on the assumption that some populations are superior to others, and therefore their leaders are also superior, and are entitled to order other countries’ leaders around. The change in economic composition of the World requires that the West redefines its positions, or else, we are facing the real possibility of the WW3.
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

22

22

22

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reasoning is basically right. But there is more to it. The case is that Western policies of the last three decades concerning forceful leadership change, is no longer sustainable. The Western leaders got into the habit to order leaders of different countries to step down, and if they do not do so, the West organizes covert operations and conflicts in the country, to push the leaders out. If covert operations do not work, the West resorts to direct aggressions, such as bombings and invasions. These policies are contrary to the International Law, and they are racists in its essence; based on the assumption that some populations are superior to others, and therefore their leaders are also superior, and are entitled to order other countries’ leaders around. The change in economic composition of the World requires that the West redefines its positions, or else, we are facing the real possibility of the WW3.
Nobody is starting WW3 because of a mass revolt in Syria against a bloody dictator. Clueless
Derek

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I must say the debate on this issue is very good and beat some of the rubbish we normally get.
Oliver Cromwell

Cleveleys, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
America had nothing to do with the airport, General Rose from Britain took immediate action because the Russians left there assigned peacekeeping area went to Kosovo and chose to stand with the Serbs. Rose went on international news outraged and publicly threatened the British force would contain the Russians even if it meant a confrontation... Rightfully so. Recall Russia revealed some old documents of value from the Cold War answering old questions and the Brits backed off and a Russian zone was allowed. All these ships are doing is extracting undelivered arms from Russia and China, communications, intelligence gear... Anything that will upset diplomatic relations with the new regime when Assad falls. I don't believe anyone thinks 3 ships and some subs are a match for the US Medeteranian Fleet. If I was Putin I'd be trying hard to make sure the naval port can stay, diplomatically but as he supported Assad highly unlikely.
The Americans did have something to do with the Airport in Pristina,Wesley Clark wanted the British to move on the Airport after Russian Paras took it over,General Mike Jackson told Clark he wasn't going to start WW3 over the matter,mistake the Russians made was not flying thoiusands of troops into the Airport and protecting Serbs,but at that time a drunken Clown was in charge of Russia with no balls.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

19

19

19

Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
The Americans did have something to do with the Airport in Pristina,Wesley Clark wanted the British to move on the Airport after Russian Paras took it over,General Mike Jackson told Clark he wasn't going to start WW3 over the matter,mistake the Russians made was not flying thoiusands of troops into the Airport and protecting Serbs,but at that time a drunken Clown was in charge of Russia with no balls.
And this has what to do with the Russian ships coming to Syria how??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 179
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••