Citizens urged to fight possible Fort...

Citizens urged to fight possible Fort Polk troop reduction

There are 41 comments on the KPLC-TV Lake Charles story from Feb 14, 2013, titled Citizens urged to fight possible Fort Polk troop reduction. In it, KPLC-TV Lake Charles reports that:

Officials say reductions in troops at Fort Polk would essentially annihilate the economy of Leesville and Vernon parish and hurt the entire state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KPLC-TV Lake Charles.

Retired army

United States

#21 Mar 18, 2013
That's true, all sleesville is fighting for is money. Soldiers buy your autos from Alex or lake chuck. Not from Vernon parish. Just like the tickets from all the police force. Some eating places give police a discount but not a soldier in uniform. Also soldiers buy gas on post, sleesville is higher than deridder?? If the soldiers would stop flooding sleesville every day at lunch hour and spending money in sleesville they would notice then that they depend on the soldiers paycheck.
PRUDENTIBUS

Leesville, LA

#22 Mar 18, 2013
Retired army wrote:
That's true, all sleesville is fighting for is money. Soldiers buy your autos from Alex or lake chuck. Not from Vernon parish. Just like the tickets from all the police force. Some eating places give police a discount but not a soldier in uniform. Also soldiers buy gas on post, sleesville is higher than deridder?? If the soldiers would stop flooding sleesville every day at lunch hour and spending money in sleesville they would notice then that they depend on the soldiers paycheck.
If you do not like it here, then feel free to depart as soon as circumstances permit. Yet, by your own moniker, you chose to retire here which means you live here by choice. So why then do you stay if you hate it so?

It's very easy to complain about what you don't like, yet do nothing. That makes one part of the problem.
What's harder is being part of the solution and working to improve what you think is wrong.
So into which catagory do you fall?

P.S.
Saying "I tried, but the mean locals won't let me blah blah blah..." is an excuse. Plenty of people who were born and raised here AND those who have chosen to settle here, are working every day to be part of the solution.

So I ask you again- are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?

SST
Retired army

United States

#23 Mar 18, 2013
PRUDENTIBUS wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do not like it here, then feel free to depart as soon as circumstances permit. Yet, by your own moniker, you chose to retire here which means you live here by choice. So why then do you stay if you hate it so?
It's very easy to complain about what you don't like, yet do nothing. That makes one part of the problem.
What's harder is being part of the solution and working to improve what you think is wrong.
So into which catagory do you fall?
P.S.
Saying "I tried, but the mean locals won't let me blah blah blah..." is an excuse. Plenty of people who were born and raised here AND those who have chosen to settle here, are working every day to be part of the solution.
So I ask you again- are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?
SST
. I don't live in Vernon parish.
PRUDENTIBUS

Leesville, LA

#24 Mar 19, 2013
Retired army wrote:
<quoted text>. I don't live in Vernon parish.
In that case, you just like to say bad things andprovoke people for no reason?

Be part of the solution. If you really are retired military, then you know better than this.
Marine visitor

Jacksonville, FL

#27 May 29, 2013
I just visited there over the holiday weekend. Fort Polk is an absolutely beautiful place with all military needs addressed. That town of Leesville leaves a lot to be desired. I think the locals provide support for themselves with the majority of businesses being strip joints, tattoo parlors and pay-day loan shops. Reduce the troop count, shut the town down - The fort can support itself.
PrayerfulReplies

Westlake, LA

#28 May 30, 2013
I am very proud to Leesville's and Vernon Parish's record of taking care of soldiers. I'm proud of each communities military appreciate events. I'm proud of the local cities and the parish's military appreciation days. It was wonderful seeing all the Churches that showed up with free booths for the military in Anacoco last year. It was great seeing our Sheriff, mayors, city council, and many others there just to honor our Great American Heroes - our military. There were literally scores of Church booths set up - each one offering the hand of fellowship for anyone interested.
I'm proud of Anacoco, Leesville, and Vernon Parish record of caring, of being there.
God bless every citizen of Vernon Parish; God bless our Military and their families.
GIjoe1977

United States

#29 Oct 15, 2017
I CANT STAND THIS PLACE. I FOR ONE WOULD BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO SHUT THIS POST DOWN. IVE BEEN HERE A YEAR AND I FEEL LIKE IVE MADE NO PROGRESS AT ALL. THE POST IS FALLING APART....THE SPOUSE EMPLOYMENT IS 18% OR MORE UNEMPLOYMED. MY WIFE WORKS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND CANT EVEN GET A JOB HERE....ITS KILLING US FINANCIALLY. THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IN SLEESVILLE IS THE WORTS IVE EVER SEEN. IVE SERVED FOR 17 YEARS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST POST IVE EVER SERVED. MY FAMILY AND I CANT WAIT TO LEAVE THIS PLACE.
The Real G I Joe

Lake Charles, LA

#30 Oct 15, 2017
GIjoe1977 wrote:
I CANT STAND THIS PLACE. I FOR ONE WOULD BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO SHUT THIS POST DOWN. IVE BEEN HERE A YEAR AND I FEEL LIKE IVE MADE NO PROGRESS AT ALL. THE POST IS FALLING APART....THE SPOUSE EMPLOYMENT IS 18% OR MORE UNEMPLOYMED. MY WIFE WORKS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND CANT EVEN GET A JOB HERE....ITS KILLING US FINANCIALLY. THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IN SLEESVILLE IS THE WORTS IVE EVER SEEN. IVE SERVED FOR 17 YEARS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST POST IVE EVER SERVED. MY FAMILY AND I CANT WAIT TO LEAVE THIS PLACE.
Somebody needs to I.D. this freak pronto before he snaps and comes out with a genuine G.I. full auto machine gun, not just one of them bumpstockers like they used in Vegas but a real deal battle weapon. This dude sounds like he's about ready to flip out.
The Real G I Joe

Lake Charles, LA

#31 Oct 15, 2017
First thing to do is MP's pull the records on everybody on base with 17 years. Can't be all THAT many. Next, match 'em up with wives in medics. Third, arrest hizzass.
Bret Hart

Leesville, LA

#32 Oct 16, 2017
GIjoe1977 wrote:
When you get to know them (the locals) you find they do not care for the soldiers that much either. That is my take on it. The only thing they use them for is private, small business ventures like moving and storage, ice house plant and another moving and storage along with insurance and crappy run down food places that have failed multiple health inspections. The Mayors all profit while in office, the city attorneys and administrators change like the wind and there is 3 consecutive failed audits. The town is broke, they have no money to complete service projects and are depending on grants to get them out of the many binds they are in. Soon, these same aszholes will be running for office again. Rick Allen has people already on the ground touting his accomplishments. But you see it, don't you? This town will never change because of people voting for these types of Bozo's. The State "forced" Leesville into taking the LED business into the industrial park. It was in Leesville's "best interest" to take the deal. It is another tax giveaway that residents will have to make up the gap for just like the newly approved police jury tax. You know the police jury don't you? They squandered their money too!
The Real G I Joe

Lake Charles, LA

#33 Oct 16, 2017
Man, Bret, your post is SO off topic.

We are trying to catch a 17-year lunatic who is on the loose in the community with a US Army machine gun and who is planning to massacre everybody in Leesville with it, here.

Couldn't you try to be more helpful? Maybe you're on HIS side, I don't know.
Bret Hart

Leesville, LA

#34 Oct 16, 2017
The Real G I Joe wrote:
Man, Bret, your post is SO off topic.

We are trying to catch a 17-year lunatic who is on the loose in the community with a US Army machine gun and who is planning to massacre everybody in Leesville with it, here.

Couldn't you try to be more helpful? Maybe you're on HIS side, I don't know.
It says nothing of the sort. You started that crap lie. The man is suffering here just like everyone else has to suffer here from you bozo's.
The Real G I Joe

Lake Charles, LA

#36 Oct 17, 2017
Turned out to be a hoax. The guy was trying to get another guy in trouble by impersonating him on here and acting crazy. It almost worked too. Flags went up all over.
Bret Hart

Leesville, LA

#37 Oct 17, 2017
The Real G I Joe wrote:
Turned out to be a hoax. The guy was trying to get another guy in trouble by impersonating him on here and acting crazy. It almost worked too. Flags went up all over.
Your made up hoax.
T R G I J

Lake Charles, LA

#38 Oct 17, 2017
Call the sheriff if you don't believe it.
fuckingfedup

Sulphur Springs, TX

#39 Oct 25, 2017
bembh7 wrote:
<quoted text>I will take up for Leesville. I can understand your suffering. When I was a soldier being stationed in places not like my home it was not a fun adventure. Here is something I learned that made my life and everyone else around me better. I shut my mouth, matured and grew some big old balls. I started to care about where I lived, the people I met. I figured since I would voluntarily give my life for these people the least I could do is see what and who I would give it for. If your dedication to your country as a soldier is not 100% for all America, which includes your fighting brethren from this state, then you need to consider leaving the United States Army. You are not here to gripe. You are here to do a job for us. A job that requires an American soldier not some mommas boy with a chip on their shoulder.
I added a like to this because this is the funniest shit I have read in a while. It's not about having big balls you douche canoe....It's about families being healthy and that is not happening in the backwards, redneck, fucked up place. Take up for this geographical oddity if you want. Fort Polk is a dump. The house we moved in on Batora Street is a complete duuummmpppp...this place should have been torn down years ago. I will be having a black mold test conducted soon and when it comes back positive for black mold a lawsuit will follow. I've been told multiple times from maintenance that we don't have mold however, I know what the mold looks like and my family and I have had the symptoms. I'm sick of this place....if this were my first experience in the Army....I absolutely would not reenlist. Fort Polk seriously needs to be shut down and condemned. I honestly could go on and on about this place but I really don't want to...it will do absolutely no good and the Army will give ZERO fucks about our families getting sick. 17 years in and Fort Polk is BY FAR the worst experience ever. I wouldn't volunteer piss to put this place out if it were on fire.
T R G I J

Lake Charles, LA

#40 Oct 25, 2017
fuckingfedup wrote:
<quoted text>

I added a like to this because this is the funniest shit I have read in a while. It's not about having big balls you douche canoe....It's about families being healthy and that is not happening in the backwards, redneck, fucked up place. Take up for this geographical oddity if you want. Fort Polk is a dump. The house we moved in on Batora Street is a complete duuummmpppp...this place should have been torn down years ago. I will be having a black mold test conducted soon and when it comes back positive for black mold a lawsuit will follow. I've been told multiple times from maintenance that we don't have mold however, I know what the mold looks like and my family and I have had the symptoms. I'm sick of this place....if this were my first experience in the Army....I absolutely would not reenlist. Fort Polk seriously needs to be shut down and condemned. I honestly could go on and on about this place but I really don't want to...it will do absolutely no good and the Army will give ZERO fucks about our families getting sick. 17 years in and Fort Polk is BY FAR the worst experience ever. I wouldn't volunteer piss to put this place out if it were on fire.
Bembh was shipped outta here near 'bout 4 year ago but he sure got YOUR number -- "some mommas boy with a chip on his shoulder."

LOL !

You should take his advice and quit. You're not a team player.
Lois

Leesville, LA

#41 Oct 26, 2017
T R G I J wrote:
<quoted text>

Bembh was shipped outta here near 'bout 4 year ago but he sure got YOUR number -- "some mommas boy with a chip on his shoulder."

LOL !

You should take his advice and quit. You're not a team player.
Bembh went nowhere. She changed her name.
T R G I J

Lake Charles, LA

#42 Oct 26, 2017
Lois wrote:
<quoted text>

Bembh went nowhere. She changed her name.
And, just how would know that?

Did she get married? LOLOL !
Lois

Leesville, LA

#43 Oct 26, 2017
T R G I J wrote:
<quoted text>

And, just how would know that?

Did she get married? LOLOL !
Divorced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marine who marched with neo-Nazis in Charlottes... Tue Gematria News Hoa... 1
News Immigrant kids seen held in fenced cages at bor... Jun 19 Lucy 1
News Backers Aim for Tourism Takeoff at Blytheville ... Jun 19 Htwoo 25
News "Colonel" John Liptok threatens blogger - Assoc... (Aug '08) Jun 16 Geriatric Skater 15
News Federal judge temporarily blocks deportation of... Jun 14 Stormy Daniels 4
News Recruiter: Trucking industry "begging" for good... (Jun '12) Jun 14 davy 41
News Pizza delivery man facing deportation draws sta... Jun 12 Life Long Democrat 10