Navy SEALs Raid Somali Militants

Oct 5, 2013 Full story: www.nytimes.com 121

A Navy SEAL team targeted a senior leader of the Shabab militant group in a raid on his seaside villa in the Somali town of Baraawe on Saturday, American officials said, in response to a deadly attack on a Nairobi shopping mall for which the group had claimed responsibility ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Oct 5, 2013
from nytimes:

"The Shabab leader was believed to have been killed in the firefight, but the SEALS were forced to withdraw before that could be confirmed, a senior American official said. Such operations by American forces are rare because they carry a high risk, and indicate that the target was considered a high priority. Baraawe, a small port town south of Mogadishu, the Somali capital, is known as a gathering place for the Shabab’s foreign fighters."

Through this entire Times story, there is only reference that these militants are Islamic and the word "Muslim" doesn't even appear.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIBERAL PROUD PATRIOT

Kansas City, MO

#2 Oct 5, 2013
American assassins violating a sovereign nation again eh Joe?

Why that's not surprising at all?

LMAO
Magnus Cerebrum

London, UK

#3 Oct 5, 2013
I knew the westgate false flag operation was going to be used as an excuse for US military to illegally carry out ops in Somalia, i wonder who they were after, maybe somebody had vital information that could've damaged the third reich's (USA) reputation further, lol as if Snowdens NSA revelation wasnt enough. lol God bless murica'
hooyo

Basel, Switzerland

#4 Oct 5, 2013
Magnus Cerebrum wrote:
I knew the westgate false flag operation was going to be used as an excuse for US military to illegally carry out ops in Somalia, i wonder who they were after, maybe somebody had vital information that could've damaged the third reich's (USA) reputation further, lol as if Snowdens NSA revelation wasnt enough. lol God bless murica'
sxb nairobi attack waa mar marsiinyo americanka dhiiga somaliyeed eey doonayaan ineey cabaan marka faham xaajad a alsheesh kabaab weey ka weeyntaheey ee dhiiga islaam ka ah iyo dhiiga somileeyd baa la doonayaa

Since: Jul 11

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2013
Magnus Cerebrum wrote:
Under the command of the right wing conservative Obsma.
solidarity

Stuart, FL

#8 Oct 5, 2013
Great job SEALS! God bless the USA! Now the next step, is for the people of America to raid the Congress, and arrest the "obstructionists" of our legislative branch of government, the terrorist of the Tea Party. Next: Tea Party should be declared a domestic terrorist organization.
solidarity

Stuart, FL

#9 Oct 5, 2013
hooyo wrote:
<quoted text>sxb nairobi attack waa mar marsiinyo americanka dhiiga somaliyeed eey doonayaan ineey cabaan marka faham xaajad a alsheesh kabaab weey ka weeyntaheey ee dhiiga islaam ka ah iyo dhiiga somileeyd baa la doonayaa
I do not understand your language, but just in case, let me tell you something: We the people of America will send every Somali terrorists back to the stone age with our modern weaponry.(Sorry, forgot that you are already in the stone age). Once we finish with you, will be nothing left of Somalia (just a hole on the map in the East Coast of Africa). It is not a difficult task, since you are so closed already to the stone age that our efforts should be minuscule. We have nothing to bomb in your already devastated country of Somalia. If you read history, we won WWII and WWI and bombed Hitler to death and decimated Japan and Germany with air bombardment. The bombardment can take days or weeks but we will finally get you. Remember, the answer is our 2 tons bombs! That will send you a message! By the way, if you are a Somali-Swiss living in Europe, seeking European destruction with your chaotic civilization, Europe will also get you. We, the western civilization will ged rid of you one by one or all of you in one shot!
solidarity

Stuart, FL

#10 Oct 5, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from nytimes:
"The Shabab leader was believed to have been killed in the firefight, but the SEALS were forced to withdraw before that could be confirmed, a senior American official said. Such operations by American forces are rare because they carry a high risk, and indicate that the target was considered a high priority. Baraawe, a small port town south of Mogadishu, the Somali capital, is known as a gathering place for the Shabab’s foreign fighters."
Through this entire Times story, there is only reference that these militants are Islamic and the word "Muslim" doesn't even appear.
Muslim and Islamic is the same and you know that well! They are radical Islamists! So do not insult our intelligence here! I do not understand why they are not using drones? It is more accurate and safe for our forces! Drone- bomb the hell out of Somalia militants! They were supposed to do that with the pirates long ago, that were in first place the way those militants financed terrorism!
Magnus Cerebrum

London, UK

#11 Oct 5, 2013
solidarity wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not understand your language, but just in case, let me tell you something: We the people of America will send every Somali terrorists back to the stone age with our modern weaponry.(Sorry, forgot that you are already in the stone age). Once we finish with you, will be nothing left of Somalia (just a hole on the map in the East Coast of Africa). It is not a difficult task, since you are so closed already to the stone age that our efforts should be minuscule. We have nothing to bomb in your already devastated country of Somalia. If you read history, we won WWII and WWI and bombed Hitler to death and decimated Japan and Germany with air bombardment. The bombardment can take days or weeks but we will finally get you. Remember, the answer is our 2 tons bombs! That will send you a message! By the way, if you are a Somali-Swiss living in Europe, seeking European destruction with your chaotic civilization, Europe will also get you. We, the western civilization will ged rid of you one by one or all of you in one shot!
God bless the third reich Aka USA , heil das fuhrer Obama ,he will lead us into a new age , the age of Aryan superiority and the enslavement and annihilation lesser gentile races , SIEG HEIL !!!.
Sheikh Voodoo

Melbourne, Australia

#12 Oct 5, 2013
Magnus and et.al want to turn the whole world into like anarchic Somalia. This is how it works, if your family is not a law abiding entity, causes harm to their neighbours and others, sooner or later, the law will intervene and you and your family will be dealt by the law. This also applies to nation-states. You will like to see Alshabab attacking its neighbours, causing chaos in Britain, while you lie and claim that you are against terrorism. If Somalis can't fight Alshabab, who will fight them?
Magnus Cerebrum

London, UK

#13 Oct 5, 2013
Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
Magnus and et.al want to turn the whole world into like anarchic Somalia. This is how it works, if your family is not a law abiding entity, causes harm to their neighbours and others, sooner or later, the law will intervene and you and your family will be dealt by the law. This also applies to nation-states. You will like to see Alshabab attacking its neighbours, causing chaos in Britain, while you lie and claim that you are against terrorism. If Somalis can't fight Alshabab, who will fight them?
Again , you're are projecting your pro-imperialist , pro-war mentality that mainstream media has moulded for you , assuming that people who dont agree with American foreign policy and its Capitalist driven imperialism are terrorists , and the funny thing is , you're not even American , yet you display symptoms commonly found in brainwashed Murican imbecile's who think mainstream media is a reliable news source , and oblivious to the fact that MSM is nothing but a pro-estlabishment corporation that are in bed with the government and are used to pursue financial goals overseas by instilling fear in society and offering a solution , which involves killing the 'bad guys' lol , and unfortunately fools like you fall for it , believing anyone who's anti-American , anti-imperialist is a evil a monster who needs to be neutralised , and when asked why , he replies ' because the government and rich corporal guys told me so' haha while chanting shallow and meaningless slogans like ' god bless murica , land of the free and home of the brave' lol more like land of indigenous holocaust and home of the slaves.
Sheikh Voodoo

Melbourne, Australia

#14 Oct 5, 2013
Magnus

You do hate the people you accuse as "neo colonialists" and at the sametime sought asylum amongst them. What does that say about your character? Be an apologist for Alshabab and bite the hand that feeds you and your family. The Americans were capable of obliterating that small town and that would have killed civilians, but due to their superior morality and following the rules of engagement, they didn't act like your friends Alshabab who slaughtered children. Tell us, how can Somalis get rid of Alshabab when their own capital was freed by African forces from Alshabab.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Magnus Cerebrum

London, UK

#15 Oct 5, 2013
Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
Magnus
You do hate the people you accuse as "neo colonialists" and at the sametime sought asylum amongst them. What does that say about your character? Be an apologist for Alshabab and bite the hand that feeds you and your family. The Americans were capable of obliterating that small town and that would have killed civilians, but due to their superior morality and following the rules of engagement, they didn't act like your friends Alshabab who slaughtered children. Tell us, how can Somalis get rid of Alshabab when their own capital was freed by African forces from Alshabab.
What people do i hate ? i am a british citizen , i have a right to criticise the UK government , and i dont want my tax money killing innocent children in poorer parts of the world ,and just because the UK granted me asylum does not mean i should keep silent when i see injustice being commited by the government , i have morals and i wont compromised them for blind nationalism , never.

Again you call me a 'Al-shabab apoligist' for expressing my dislike towards western neo-imperialism , can you quote me supporting or sympathising with these bastards Al sheesh kebab ? if not pls tell me what makes a anti-imperialist anti-war individual a 'terrorist' or as you put it an ' Al-shabab apoligist '?.
unshackled

Ridgefield, WA

#16 Oct 5, 2013
LIBERAL PROUD PATRIOT wrote:
American assassins violating a sovereign nation again eh Joe?
Why that's not surprising at all?
LMAO
Just doing their job and no one can blame them for that... Let me ask you something a group of terrorists burst into a mall and kill people how moral is that? should they be taken out? You kill someone in cold blood expect to pay the consequences which is whatever the judge decides... Radical Islamic terrorists blow people up in the name of Allah and jihad now reasonable people like this Navy Seal team wants to take out people like that they are not after the innocent child that has a bomb strapped to his back they are after the bad guys they are after the Hitlers, the Hussiens, the Stalin's, the Lenin's, the mass murderer's the people who have no conscience and yes they are out there!!! They are the good guys!!! the bad guys are the one's who would strap a bomb to a child's back and send them to the American soldiers. They are the one's who would foresee the death of six million Jews just because he believed they were less human than Germans, they are the one's that would kill their own people just because they believe they might mutiny against them, and they are the one's that torture their prisoners and their own people!!!
If it wasn't for the American Military these guys would thrive!!!

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#17 Oct 5, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from nytimes:
The US against the Muslim Terrorists!! Love it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Magnus Cerebrum

London, UK

#18 Oct 6, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
The US against the Muslim Terrorists!! Love it!
Yes , you love it , because it appeals to your pro-war , and extremey patriotic (facist), mentality , Hollywood glorifies violence and that might explain American tendency towads violence , you've only experienced true war through a Television screen , to you its like a movie but to the people actually experiencing war at first hand its a very terrify and traumatic experience , so please dont glorify war , and stop projecting your pyschopathic tendencies , because the world has had enough of Americas stupidity , now kindly go back to eating your dunkin donuts and leave geo-politics to ppl who actually posses intellect.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#19 Oct 6, 2013
C, C., Co..., Co.....
COMANDOOOOoooooo!!!!!
XDXDXPXPXPXPXDXD

[Youtube]
http://goo.gl/y4CCtO

https://www.youtube.com/results...

[BBC]
US commando raids target Islamist leaders in Africa
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-244170...
http://goo.gl/ztKfNC

I love the U.S.
I love Americans.
(But, the U.S. must decrease its military-expenditure.)
(The U.S. must make cars in the U.S., and the U.S. must export those cars from the U.S. to the world!)
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#20 Oct 6, 2013
I made a typo........

commandooooo.....!
Magnus Cerebrum

London, UK

#21 Oct 6, 2013
Shinichiro Takizawa wrote:
C, C., Co..., Co.....
COMANDOOOOoooooo!!!!!
XDXDXPXPXPXPXDXD
[Youtube]
http://goo.gl/y4CCtO
https://www.youtube.com/results...
[BBC]
US commando raids target Islamist leaders in Africa
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-244170...
http://goo.gl/ztKfNC
I love the U.S.
I love Americans.
(But, the U.S. must decrease its military-expenditure.)
(The U.S. must make cars in the U.S., and the U.S. must export those cars from the U.S. to the world!)
Cultural colonialism is very strong in this one.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#22 Oct 6, 2013
Sorry.
I was just only kidding.
I am Sorry.
But, I love the U.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female veterans battling PTSD from sexual traum... 14 min Cordwainer Trout 3
Midlothian soldier welcomed home (Apr '12) Thu Mike 4
Pentagon: Claim that U.S. Navy shot down MH370 ... Tue _malon_goblok 1
Norway Massacre: Could It Happen in the U.S? (Jul '11) Dec 23 Swedenforever 598
Albania and NATO enhance military co-operation Dec 22 Aleksandra 9
Flight MH370 was 'shot down by the US military ... Dec 22 _malon_goblok 1
Jerome Gray Dec 22 TAG 1
More from around the web