Assad Pulls Ahead in Syrian War. Puti...

Assad Pulls Ahead in Syrian War. Putin, Khamenei Are Co-Victors

There are 174 comments on the Debka story from Feb 25, 2013, titled Assad Pulls Ahead in Syrian War. Putin, Khamenei Are Co-Victors. In it, Debka reports that:

March 5 has been set as the date for peace talks to open in Moscow between the Syrian opposition and the Assad regime, reveals here exclusively.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Debka.

Chris

Toronto, Canada

#125 Mar 14, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Syria's is destroyed the dictator has leveled his own country.
You may scream dictator as long as your mouth gets blue; there are no dictators in Syria. But there is the president saying your CIA and NATO Regime Change friends, to put another record player on, as their present melody doesn’t work anymore.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#126 Mar 14, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
You may scream dictator as long as your mouth gets blue; there are no dictators in Syria. But there is the president saying your CIA and NATO Regime Change friends, to put another record player on, as their present melody doesn’t work anymore.
You are right, he is a tyrant butcher, I am sure Avenger just had a moment of thinking a little better of Assad.
ocxz

Saint-denis, Reunion

#127 Mar 14, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, he is a tyrant butcher, I am sure Avenger just had a moment of thinking a little better of Assad.
Avenger or George, what's the difference ?
None, one and the same crass ignorant.
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#128 Mar 14, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Hafez al-Assad papa dictator launched a coup in 1970 against the leader Salah Jadid imprisoning and killing him.
The Syrian dictatorship leadership was passed down to the son like in the North Korea dictatorship.

Your clueless to this of course Chrisy.
Syrian

New London, CT

#129 Mar 15, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!! Excellent Post.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#130 Mar 15, 2013
I personally feel that many are growing tired of continual meddling in Syria, and rightly so.

But just because the rebels aren't saints, and that the West is excessively interventionist, does NOT mean that Assad should be back either. No matter how violent the rebels here, Assad is truly a monster in his own right. Even most Muslims outside of Syria (and perhaps Iran) do not support his regime, so I feel we should not either.
Syrian

New London, CT

#131 Mar 15, 2013
Nex131 wrote:
I personally feel that many are growing tired of continual meddling in Syria, and rightly so.
But just because the rebels aren't saints, and that the West is excessively interventionist, does NOT mean that Assad should be back either. No matter how violent the rebels here, Assad is truly a monster in his own right. Even most Muslims outside of Syria (and perhaps Iran) do not support his regime, so I feel we should not either.
Assad is a saint compared to these bloodthirsty Islamic extremists and AlQaeda terrorists! The West gains by having Assad kill thousands of them off.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#132 Mar 15, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Assad is a saint compared to these bloodthirsty Islamic extremists and AlQaeda terrorists! The West gains by having Assad kill thousands of them off.
But tell me this, in honesty - do most Muslims worldwide support Assad's regime?
Syrian

New London, CT

#133 Mar 15, 2013
Nex131 wrote:
<quoted text>
But tell me this, in honesty - do most Muslims worldwide support Assad's regime?
Most Muslims DO NOT support the rebel linked AlQaeda terrorists, who have no problem with murdering thousands of innocent civilians in order to achieve their agendas.
Michael

Lynbrook, NY

#134 Mar 15, 2013
Syrian wrote:
Excellent Report!!! The Syrian rebellion is finished. FINALLY the truth is coming out in the media!!
Oh, hooray, let's say it's finished...now what? you think old bashar is going to change his ways, become all gandhi-like and all? nope, don't think so. a dictator is a dictator no matter what, and is thus not worthy of our consideration.
Michael

Lynbrook, NY

#135 Mar 15, 2013
Nex131 wrote:
unfortunately, apparently we have to, according to Mr. Cromwell, Syrian, and all these other assad-cheerleaders here...
LackOfSense

United States

#136 Mar 15, 2013
Syrian is in some fantasy zone. Assad is a cold blooded, murdering, dictator, and no other name applies.
Syrian

New London, CT

#137 Mar 16, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, hooray, let's say it's finished...now what? you think old bashar is going to change his ways, become all gandhi-like and all? nope, don't think so. a dictator is a dictator no matter what, and is thus not worthy of our consideration.
Now hold an election, and see exactly who the Syrian people actually support! "Regime change" through bloodshed is not a solution.
ocxz

Saint-denis, Reunion

#138 Mar 16, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Now hold an election, and see exactly who the Syrian people actually support! "Regime change" through bloodshed is not a solution.
Even if they had elections 2 years ago, syrians would vote for Assad.
Any popular opposition member who could contest ?
None.
Syrian

New London, CT

#139 Mar 17, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
None.
Most Syrians had no issue with their government! It is foreigners who want "regime change".
Syrian

New London, CT

#140 Mar 18, 2013
LackOfSense wrote:
Syrian is in some fantasy zone. Assad is a cold blooded, murdering, dictator, and no other name applies.
Nonsense! Those AlQaeda linked rebel terrorists are the cold blooded murderers!! How soon you forget 9-11-01.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#141 Mar 18, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Now hold an election, and see exactly who the Syrian people actually support! "Regime change" through bloodshed is not a solution.
Yes but remove all influence by the SAA and Sahitha at the poles first and you will see a very big difference. AND allow any nominamtion of any party.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#142 Mar 18, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Most Syrians had no issue with their government! It is foreigners who want "regime change".
Then explain why the huge protests over 2 years ago?
George

Red Deer, Canada

#143 Mar 18, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
None.
That is because Assad would not allow any name on there that he did not approve of and that person had to be a member of the Baath party.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#144 Mar 18, 2013
Nex131 wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends how fanatical Muslims they are. Fundamentalists, wanting Muslim state, do not support Assad, because he runs a secular state; with all religions, and non religions, having equal rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1st Brigade: Family honored for volunteer efforts 1 hr huey goins 1
News Why is Obama talking about icebreakers? 3 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 6
News No shortage of good news in area last week 5 hr Have you ever 6
News 1st enlisted female sub sailors start training ... 10 hr Who 46
News More than 100 injured in Kiev as police clash w... 13 hr HNC 14
News Hanau says goodbye to U.S. troops (Nov '08) Wed CyndiSchmidt 1,449
News Enter the Bear: Does Russia plan air strikes on... Wed Cassandra_ 3
More from around the web