Veterans speak after decades of silence

Veterans speak after decades of silence

There are 108 comments on the Harlan Daily Enterprise story from Jan 4, 2013, titled Veterans speak after decades of silence. In it, Harlan Daily Enterprise reports that:

How long does grief last? Saigon fell on April 30, 1975, and the presence of U.S. troops in Vietnam was over.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harlan Daily Enterprise.

Oliver Comwell

Fleetwood, UK

#88 Jan 22, 2013
sad faces wrote:
<quoted text>.
If so why don't go get out of America,and go back to your green flies world to be then ,,,them people they did bomb your green flies,,them south vietnamese they shoot,,they burn your green flies,, your races like a barbecue a rats
You sound like a retarded BABOON.
Oliver Comwell

Fleetwood, UK

#89 Jan 22, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell you don't have to spy, it's wide open. The road between Hanoi and Ha Long Bay on both sides of the road are filled with factories 3/4 of the way. In the south new roads, new street lights, new airport terminal, and there is talk of a new international airport being built, new high rises, everyone eats, a million or two motorbikes, Nha Trang many new hotels new road from Nha Trang to Da Lot. They are moving faster than a speeding bullet into the future. I could go on and on, I really like going back.
Great news,i plan on going one day,the thing is the Vietnamese are doing all this not some Colonialist or Imperialist Foreign savage,and thats what some people just don't get.
Oliver Comwell

Fleetwood, UK

#90 Jan 22, 2013
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll get dehydrated with that attitude, but it won't take long for an old vet to take you out. I greased plenty in 68, but wouldn't mind one more for the body count bucket list. When will your little puckerer feel up to spitting again?
Its over,it ended with those CIA spooks scrambling off the Embassy roof in Saigon,live with it.
LBJ

United States

#91 Jan 22, 2013
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll get dehydrated with that attitude, but it won't take long for an old vet to take you out. I greased plenty in 68, but wouldn't mind one more for the body count bucket list. When will your little puckerer feel up to spitting again?
The government greased plenty of idiots with agent orange in 68! They came home even dumber then they left, unless they came home in a box! The smart ones were all in college or canada.

Any baby killer that couldn't beat outnumbered VC "soldiers" the size of children, wouldn't have a chance of taking me out.
da bac ky came from china

Chicago, IL

#92 Jan 22, 2013
da bac ky ha noi dont kill kids...they just make them work in "BIA OM" AND SELLIN' lottery tickets for da ho chi minh regime.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#93 Jan 22, 2013
yes, it's over. It is time for Ha Noi to suck up to world capitalists to get some money flowing into communist Ha Noi coffers to pay for electricity to extermination camps. Ha Noi needs to send a team to Moscow to learn how to make money capitalistic style.
SpongeBob

Montréal, Canada

#94 Jan 22, 2013
dunadd wrote:
yes, it's over. It is time for Ha Noi to suck up to world capitalists to get some money flowing into communist Ha Noi coffers to pay for electricity to extermination camps. Ha Noi needs to send a team to Moscow to learn how to make money capitalistic style.
Only Mongtarnard traitors of VN keep sucking US before, after vn war and now in USA for welfare checks. Open your mountain goat eyes to see VN nowadays with billions worth of US dollars in Foreign investments. You are a Foreign corporation and in need of investment in our VN? Sorry, Pal I WILL PUT YOU ON A WAITING LIST, WE ARE BUSY! Get that, monkeys?
bac ky bia om

Chicago, IL

#95 Jan 22, 2013
da bac ky vc ha noi will not silence anymore
see!!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/vietnam/TDJR...
bac ky bia om

Chicago, IL

#96 Jan 22, 2013
bac ky on their NKEES before china for 2000 of years...lets see will da bac ky on their nkees again this new year 2013 in RED CHINA
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>Only Mongtarnard traitors of VN keep sucking US before, after vn war and now in USA for welfare checks. Open your mountain goat eyes to see VN nowadays with billions worth of US dollars in Foreign investments. You are a Foreign corporation and in need of investment in our VN? Sorry, Pal I WILL PUT YOU ON A WAITING LIST, WE ARE BUSY! Get that, monkeys?
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#97 Jan 22, 2013
bobsponge, MOSCOW ain't in the US. i did not mention US or montagnard. move back from the computer and read very slowly. ha noi should send a team to MOSCOW to learn the capitalistic method of making money or better yet, keep getting cash allowances from Moscow and Beijing, then you don't have to work for it. you know, like welfare. furthermore genius, montagnards cannot be a traitor to a country they never had. It ain't an american company extending electricity to Phu Quoc island. And it's Taiwanese, Japanese, Chinese, Korean companies buiding and investing in Viet Nam.
tudo

United States

#98 Jan 26, 2013
SpongeBob wrote:
..., I guess more than a half of them were...criminals, highshool dropouts or ex-convicts who were drafted straight from jails.
Until you prove it, you're VCliar - Shut the, Fu-kYou up, maggot.
Agent Orange

United States

#99 Jan 26, 2013
It's true. Anyone with half a brain was in college, canada, or burned their draft cards. Only morons and sickos joined in to get owned by the vietnamese.

If we didn't have such special ed soldiers we might have won that "war".
tudo

United States

#100 Jan 26, 2013
SpongeBob wrote:
..., cities were full of prostitues, gangsters and ...beggars. Corruptions were everywhere. SVN manpower were even WORSE. How could they win over North Vietnamese, TELL ME!
Maggot, do they have the same problems now? a lot worse than before... Want to be a basher? Be a unbiased basher -- bash both side. Don't be a maggot.
prince frog is me

UK

#101 Jan 26, 2013
tudo wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you prove it, you're VCliar - Shut the, Fu-kYou up, maggot.

That guy Sponge bob was an Amphibians,,came out from the cow shit hole
SpongeBob

Montréal, Canada

#102 Jan 26, 2013
No one would understand American more than SpongeBob. His father worked with Amderican during VN war. Bob himself worked for American in Thailand. However he chose to reside in...Canada. Just STFU losers ou there. As coloured person, you don't have more knowledge ab Indochina war like Bob. Get it? Wahahahahhaha!
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#103 Jan 26, 2013
Agent Orange wrote:
It's true. Anyone with half a brain was in college, canada, or burned their draft cards. Only morons and sickos joined in to get owned by the vietnamese.
If we didn't have such special ed soldiers we might have won that "war".
Not quite correct you worthless coward. If we would have had generals that were not worried about their next star or officers whose only concern was getting promoted and politicians that had no balls, and were afraid of China and Russia, Vietnam would have been an easy win.
Only a cowardly free loading dildo, with its head up its ass would post what you have, some of the best times of my life, 31/2 years, were during the Vietnam war.
tudo

United States

#104 Jan 28, 2013
SpongeBob wrote:
No one would understand American more than SpongeBob. His father worked with Amderican during VN war. Bob himself worked for American in Thailand. However he chose to reside in...Canada. Just STFU losers ou there. As coloured person, you don't have more knowledge ab Indochina war like Bob. Get it? Wahahahahhaha!
I made you pissed off your ass. Your father worked with American - so what? You worked for American - so what? Theres no point in pissing around the bush. Live in Canada?.... You should have stayed in your homeland with your fu-ck!ng communism. Your madness made you call your opponent "coloured person." I suppose you are a "white" -- yes, a white maggot. You are absolutely right, you are a white maggot. No doubt.
SpongeBob

Toronto, Canada

#105 Jan 28, 2013
tudo wrote:
<quoted text>
I made you pissed off your ass. Your father worked with American - so what? You worked for American - so what? Theres no point in pissing around the bush. Live in Canada?.... You should have stayed in your homeland with your fu-ck!ng communism. Your madness made you call your opponent "coloured person." I suppose you are a "white" -- yes, a white maggot. You are absolutely right, you are a white maggot. No doubt.
Over-sea mission to shut your hell hole up. How does that sound to you cowboy? Wahahhahaa! Next time, better use a pair of boots, cows won't be out-smart you and you might get something straight. Wsahhhahahahha!
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#106 Jan 28, 2013
How much different would it have been had Nixon not committed treason and killed the peace treaty brokered by Johnson? All sides had agreed till Nixon told the Vietnam that they would get a better deal if they just waited till he was elected. Nixon wasn't even investigated, no trial, just let him off Scott free.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#107 Jan 28, 2013
nixon, clinton, obama all same

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marine veteran gains citizenship, advocates for... 27 min Julie Marie 1
News Hospice of Citrus and the Nature Coast honors v... 57 min Lisa Ann 1
News Coast Guard: Cuban migrants cling to lighthouse... 2 hr Jan Marie 1
News Backgrounder: Rape involving the U.S. military ... 5 hr PauldenZangpo0521 2
News Many Vietnam veterans say they support lifting ... 10 hr YourEx 10
News When World War II was fought off the coast of C... 15 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Weather Modification: Myths and Facts (Apr '15) Mon USA these days 3
More from around the web