Filipinos slams US over toxic dumping; renews call for abrogation of VFA

Nov 11, 2012 Full story: Indy Media 30

Manila, Philippines: Akbayan Party today slammed the United States government for the dumping of toxic waste 20 nautical miles from Subic Bay by the tanker MT Glenn Guardian owned by Glenn Defense Marine Asia Philippines, Inc., a United States Navy contractor which services American ships.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jane

Bangkok, Thailand

#1 Nov 11, 2012
Get out of dumping rubbish
What viccious crime US does?
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#2 Nov 11, 2012
Jane wrote:
jane , why are you so upset? its funny.

apparently you havent noticed any of the crimes against nature that the filthy filipinos have committed all by themselves?

of course this is leading up to a demand of millions in clean-up costs to be paid for by the US right?

millions that will never see the light of day.

you flips are so funny. hahahahaha

Since: Apr 09

Chiang Mai, Thailand

#3 Nov 11, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
jane , why are you so upset? its funny.
apparently you havent noticed any of the crimes against nature that the filthy filipinos have committed all by themselves?
of course this is leading up to a demand of millions in clean-up costs to be paid for by the US right?
millions that will never see the light of day.
you flips are so funny. hahahahaha
I just talked to my girl back in the Philippines and the neighbors are up to their filthy ways again. Dumping garbage in front of our house 5 feet from a large green trash can. The dogs spread it everywhere and my girl of course cleans it up with no offer of help by them.

Chiang Mai, Thailand

#4 Nov 11, 2012
Jane wrote:
A call to get rid of the VFA???? I damn sure hope so. I don't want to see one more American dollar go to the Philippines or any ships or protection from us to you.

Your Government won't though. Oh a new typhoon or some calamity will come along and you will be on your knees again begging help from us. Happens every time.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#5 Nov 11, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
I just talked to my girl back in the Philippines and the neighbors are up to their filthy ways again. Dumping garbage in front of our house 5 feet from a large green trash can. The dogs spread it everywhere and my girl of course cleans it up with no offer of help by them.
if and when you ever make it back to the filipins don i think id pick a better location if i was you.

that constant stress sucks the life out of you and makes you hate too much. both are harbingers of bad things.

there really are some nice places available in the outer provs.

i got very lucky here, but i did do my homework 1st and sent my wife out in advance of my arrival to check things out 4 years ago.

just my feelings on it don.

Chiang Mai, Thailand

#8 Nov 11, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
if and when you ever make it back to the filipins don i think id pick a better location if i was you.
that constant stress sucks the life out of you and makes you hate too much. both are harbingers of bad things.
there really are some nice places available in the outer provs.
i got very lucky here, but i did do my homework 1st and sent my wife out in advance of my arrival to check things out 4 years ago.
just my feelings on it don.
That is exactly what were going to do. Depends on the annulment. Once it's done nobody can do anything. Pretty much the same all over the Philippines though, if they have a chance to extort or rip you off they will.
Law

Batangas, Philippines

#9 Nov 11, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what were going to do. Depends on the annulment. Once it's done nobody can do anything. Pretty much the same all over the Philippines though, if they have a chance to extort or rip you off they will.
Oh no, not so fast my dear... Even if she gets an annulment, you and your gf are still criminally liable of adultery as you guys cohabited at a time when her marriage was still in effect. Stay in Thailand, you're better off away from the philippines.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 12, 2012
Filipino's concerned that other's won't leave them anything to ruin, themselves.....How dare they...those were our reefs, to poison....
Uninformed_

Anonymous Proxy

#11 Nov 12, 2012
The United States ships should be serviced by Filipino owned ships. Malaysian ships and companies should not poison Philippine waters. They must have some orders from their Chinese communist counterparts in mainland China and Taiwan.
Jose Rizal

Quezon City, Philippines

#13 Nov 12, 2012
Jane wrote:
Look at yourself first before you say anything against the U.S. You call it vicious huh? You are the one that deserves that name. You trouble maker !
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

#14 Nov 13, 2012
Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, not so fast my dear... Even if she gets an annulment, you and your gf are still criminally liable of adultery as you guys cohabited at a time when her marriage was still in effect. Stay in Thailand, you're better off away from the philippines.
No its concubinage not adultery and concubinage has lesser punishment.
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

#15 Nov 13, 2012
I have heard in the news that the verdict is that the Malaysians were the contractors of the American Forces were the ones who dumped the toxic wastes in Subic.

Maybe the Malaysians think that the whole Philippines is like Payatas Snokey Mountain.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#16 Nov 14, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
going far out in the province improves your odds against extortion if you pick the right place. all im saying.

so far none of it has happened here. YET!
Cant stop me

Muntinlupa, Philippines

#17 Nov 14, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
going far out in the province improves your odds against extortion if you pick the right place. all im saying.
so far none of it has happened here. YET!
Well i have been here five years now -in Manila , corruption central - and it never happened to me touch wood.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#18 Nov 14, 2012
Cant stop me wrote:
<quoted text>
Well i have been here five years now -in Manila , corruption central - and it never happened to me touch wood.
id say its not hard to find and id also say that many bring problems on themselves.

it does pay to use good old common sense and to have eyes in the back of your head.

realizing where you are and respecting others goes a long way. youre not in kansas dorothy.
Law

Batangas, Philippines

#19 Nov 14, 2012
Martin Nuke wrote:
<quoted text>
No its concubinage not adultery and concubinage has lesser punishment.
Under Philippine laws, concubinage is a case where a married man shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling. Note that it is the man who is married. In adultery, it is the case where a married woman engages sex with a man not her husband. Concubinage = Married man and his mistress (the complainant is the wife). Adultery = Married woman and her lover (complainant is the husband against the wife and her lover). Don's case is adultery. Anyway, regardless of whether it is concubinage or adultery, Don and her gf are guilty of a crime that has jail terms and fine as penalty, tsk, tsk...
pure heart

Manila, Philippines

#20 Nov 14, 2012
don american is evil guy hope he gets catched !!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21 Nov 15, 2012
pure heart wrote:
don american is evil guy hope he gets catched !!
...GFY.....
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#22 Nov 15, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...GFY.....
ohhh i call plagiarism.... hahahahaha

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#23 Nov 15, 2012
Check drains from shopping malls and see whats flowing out. Paying off local politicans I'd guess to keep everyone quite. Can't remember name of bridge over the Pasig, hadn't rained in days and nasty looking gray water from big pipe dumping into river.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Air Force to downsize staff at closed King Salm... (Feb '10) 2 hr Lew Ward 34
Theresa Maniaci-Canni, left, and George (Nov '09) 2 hr flashalan 16
South Western High School graduate, former York... 6 hr lady 1
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 8 hr Jaimie 154
Feds say hackers targeted Microsoft, game makers 20 hr Windows 10 vs 9 1
U.S. Army Officer Calls Obama an "Impostor" (Feb '09) Tue WelbyMD 18,703
The 1978 Fort Dix / McGuire AFB Incident (Apr '11) Tue exit37 3

US Military People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE