Fond memories of James Arness

Fond memories of James Arness

There are 5 comments on the Tulsa Beacon story from Jun 15, 2011, titled Fond memories of James Arness. In it, Tulsa Beacon reports that:

The passing of actor James Arness on June 3 is a sad moment in the culture of the American West.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tulsa Beacon.

BJF

Ashland, KY

#1 Jun 21, 2011
Met James Arness...he was an amazing man.

Since: Jul 11

Noida, India

#2 Jul 1, 2011
Yes, He is the genius!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 Mar 22, 2013
James Arness and Gunsmoke put Dodge City on the map.
Jared Garland

Fremont, CA

#5 Jul 19, 2013
James Arness is one of the best actor I've ever seen and he played a great part of the ultimate TV series - Gunsmoke which was produced by CBS and reigned the television screen for 2 decades. It’s been labeled as one of the greatest TV series ever made in the history! Lots of western shows but this one really stood above all! From Matt Dillon to James Arness – everything was perfect!! If you're looking for an essential TV show to watch – Gunsmoke would be the best option!!! Some of us didn't saw the earlier episodes of this show because it started in 1950's. I also bought a copy at www.memorylanedvd.com which provided me a very good copy of this show! No TV series can beat this one – really undisputed show of all time! It’s a good thing I got now the whole collection which I truly enjoy watching during my leisure time.
Zeekster123

Dallas, TX

#6 Jul 4, 2016
I saw James Arness at the Houston
Fat Stock Show (that is what it was called then) and got to shake his hand as he rode his horse around the arena. My first pet hamster was named Chester. Gunsmoke is my
favorite TV series of all times. Currently watching the last season
on TV Land.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hanau says goodbye to U.S. troops (Nov '08) 11 hr Randal Jackson 1,488
News Criminal complaint details brutal slaying of Ne... 14 hr buypolar 1
News US Navy says small Iranian boats harassed warsh... Wed USA Today 1
News Navy says Iranian boats harassed US ship in Str... Wed too much 1
News New US Commander in the fight against ISIS 'ske... Wed Stephany McDowell 1
News Man tried for allegedly sexually abusing teen Aug 23 butters_ 5
News Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl H... Aug 23 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web