Pa. town adjusts to Pentagon furlough...

Pa. town adjusts to Pentagon furloughs but worries about what's next

There are 65 comments on the Stars and Stripes story from Jul 13, 2013, titled Pa. town adjusts to Pentagon furloughs but worries about what's next. In it, Stars and Stripes reports that:

Ted Gold, a technician at the Letterkenny Army Depot in south-central Pennsylvania, has dropped cable television service and plans fewer summer outings with his 6-year-old son for amusement rides at Hersheypark.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stars and Stripes.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#45 Jul 25, 2013
So far bobby, not a single soul, but it's still early.

:)

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#46 Jul 28, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/05/wh...
http://www.ibtimes.com/sequester-cuts-2013-wh...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
"Today, Democrats showed they’re not willing to accept even a bit of short-term pain for leverage on sequestration. They played a game of chicken with the Republicans, and they lost. Badly."
http://www.news-press.com/article/20130706/OP...
"Surprise! Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats took the bait, and the gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands over the sequestration might have been more political theater than actual reality. The truth is both political parties like the idea of a sequestration:"
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/04...
"The Democrats proposed sequestration as part of a package to secure an increase in the debt ceiling, but they never expected it to go into effect. When it did, they felt double-crossed, apparently because they thought Republicans owed it to them to fold like a cheap suit, as usual. When the Republicans figured out that sticking with the sequester was a pretty good outcome–it represented a modest, but real, restraint on federal spending, which is what Republicans always say they want–the Democrats went to Plan B."
Simply put the Democrats suggested it, own it and now cry about, modest cuts from the Federal Spending Binge.
Obviously my paycheck was never under any real jeopardy?

Two simple questions - but Pat just keeps on dodging and running. I wonder why?

LMAO!

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#47 Jul 28, 2013
Because I learned from you. Stay strong humanist.

Chambersburg, PA

#48 Jul 29, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
Because I learned from you. Stay strong humanist.
No. You are dodging the questions because you know that if you answer them honestly it will prove that your argument about the sequester is false and willfully dishonest.

Keep running, cowardly liar. It's what you do best. LOL!

#49 Jul 29, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You are dodging the questions because you know that if you answer them honestly it will prove that your argument about the sequester is false and willfully dishonest.
Keep running, cowardly liar. It's what you do best. LOL!
Read the links.

Chambersburg, PA

#50 Jul 29, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the links.
Sorry, but the OPINION pieces you linked to did not answer the questions.

They are really very simple to answer. The only reason not to is to preserve your dishonest assertion.

Who fought the sequester every step of the way?

Who cheered for its implementation?

#51 Jul 29, 2013
Republicans and democrats is the answer to both your irrelevant questions.

Chambersburg, PA

#52 Jul 29, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
Republicans and democrats is the answer to both your irrelevant questions.
You are lying.

Obama fought the implementation of the sequester every step of the way.

Republicans cheered for its implementation and ultimately were the ones who insured that it was implemented.

These are the historical facts.

----------

Republican Congressman Paul Broun (R-GA).“I want to see it go into place.”[Cherokee Tribune, 2/9]

Republican Congressman Mike Coffman (R-CO).“I don’t think going over the fiscal cliff would have been a huge deal”[kdvr.com, 1/02/13]

Former NRCC Chairman Tom Cole.“We just had additional revenue for the federal government, so I don’t see any way in the world the sequester won’t happen either as written or renegotiated or reallocated cuts.”[Talking Points Memo, 2/05/13]

Republican Congressman Scott DesJarlais (R-TN).“Sequestration needs to happen…Bottom line, it needs to happen and that’s the deal we struck to raise the debt limit.”[Cleveland Daily Banner, 2/1]

Republican Congressman John Fleming (R-LA).“The sequester is law. Those cuts happen no matter what. We’re willing to hang in there and insist that those cuts go into place…”[NHPR, 1/30/13]

Republican Congressman James Lankford (R-OK).“greater chance that they’ll be implemented than not at this point.”[Politico, 2/13/13]

Republican Congresswoman Cynthia Lummis (R-WY.“Sequestration will take place…I am excited. It will be the first time since I’ve been in Congress that we really have significant cuts.”[Billings Gazette, 2/11]

Republican Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA).“Some conservatives are starting to say despite the fact there are a lot of defense cuts in there, this may be the only way we get real spending cuts over the next year”.[Yahoo News, 2/13/13]

Republican Congressman Mick Mulvaney (R-SC).“We want to keep the sequester in place and take the cuts we can get.”[Dow Jones Business News, 2/8]

Republican Congressman Mike Pompeo (R-KS).“It’s going to be a homerun…I am very optimistic that on March 2nd, we’ll all wake up and America will have tremendous respect for what its House of Representatives led and what it’s federal government was able to accomplish.”[Politico, 2/13]

Republican Budget Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI).“the sequester is going to happen.”[The Hill, 1/27/13]

Republican Congressman Steve Scalise (R-LA).“The consensus is we want the sequester numbers to come in and to finally see spending reduced in Washington.”[Dow Jones Business News, 2/8]

Republican Congressman Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA).“We’re willing to let it go through till they (Democrats) respond to us.”[McClatchy, 2/6]

POLITICO (2/13/13):“Top congressional Republicans predicted Wednesday that the sequester will hit at the end of the month – the latest chapter in the series of budget battles that have stymied Washington in the last few years.”[Politico, 2/13/13]

#53 Jul 30, 2013
Thank you Mr. Cut and Paste.

How many lawmakers is that out of the total?

You are lying.

Chambersburg, PA

#54 Jul 30, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
Thank you Mr. Cut and Paste.
How many lawmakers is that out of the total?
You are lying.
As you well know - I do not lie. Making that accusation is a lie on your part.

I never said ALL Republicans cheered for the sequester, did I? I said Republicans cheered for the sequester - and that is 100% true. As I proved.

Now can you show me ANY Democrats that wanted the sequester to go into effect? Can you show me where Obama wanted the sequester to go into effect?

Of course not.

And you won't even try.

The GOP owns the sequester. They agreed to it then made sure it went into effect. This is historical fact. Your claims to the contrary, while initially were likely simply based in partisan ignorance (as most of you beliefs are), are now clearly knowing lies since you have been fully informed as to the facts.

The only question now is do you have the integrity to admit your error or will you double down on your false statements (just like most conservatives do these days)?

#55 Jul 30, 2013
No, you are lying by saying you don't lie, you are not (although you may think you are)God.

The sequester, as was proven very early in this thread is owned lock, stock and barrel by the White House. Proposed by the WH and owned by the WH. You admitted that.
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

#56 Jul 30, 2013
<quoted text>
As you well know - I do not lie. Making that accusation is a lie on your part.
LOL

No honest person states, as you do, "As you well know - I do not lie."

Making that claim is a lie on your part.

You ARE a liar.

ROFL!

Chambersburg, PA

#58 Jul 31, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
No, you are lying by saying you don't lie, you are not (although you may think you are)God.
The sequester, as was proven very early in this thread is owned lock, stock and barrel by the White House. Proposed by the WH and owned by the WH. You admitted that.
Show me any lie I've told. Until then, you are bearing false witness.

And I agreed that the White House proposed the sequester as an onerous enough outcome that it would force the GOP to actually negotiate in good faith.

It turned out negotiating in good faith is beyond the ability of the modern GOP. And they chose the sequester instead. They wanted it and it is theirs.

Chambersburg, PA

#59 Jul 31, 2013
LaughingAtYou wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
No honest person states, as you do, "As you well know - I do not lie."
Making that claim is a lie on your part.
You ARE a liar.
ROFL!

Show me a lie I've told then.

Human beings are in control of their behavior. Lying is a behavior. I choose not to engage in it.

I'm sorry that you don't have the same capacity of self-control.

#60 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Human beings are in control of their behavior. Lying is a behavior. I choose not to engage in it.
You better get back into a real Bible and see what it says about placing yourself on the same level as God.

Chambersburg, PA

#61 Jul 31, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
You better get back into a real Bible and see what it says about placing yourself on the same level as God.
It's bizarre to me that you believe only God is capable of not lying. That telling the truth is something beyond your own grasp.

That says a lot about your personal morality - you think lying is natural and normal and someone would have to be God to always tell the truth.

And that's just sad.

Chambersburg, PA

#62 Jul 31, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - have you found any lies that I've told?

No?

I know.

LOL!

#63 Jul 31, 2013
Here's one:

"I do not lie."
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

#64 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL

EVERY human lies although psychotics, experiencing a loss of contact with reality, often claim they do not lie.

You are a liar for claiming that you do not lie.

Point proven.

Next.

Chambersburg, PA

#65 Jul 31, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
Here's one:
"I do not lie."
Like I said - prove it.

But you can't, can you?

LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Military Coup Against Donald Trump of 2018,... 3 hr UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 112
News Trump returns to immigration issue with Arizona... 8 hr Wily E Coyote 9
News N.J., Ill., Ohio sailors among missing after US... 10 hr Anita Bryant s Jihad 8
News Divers Search U.S. Navy Ship for Sailors Missin... 11 hr Jaimie 12
News Hanau says goodbye to U.S. troops (Nov '08) 18 hr Pigoff123 1,530
News North Carolina Air National Guard C-130s take f... Tue C130 fan 1
News The Latest: Singapore helicopter evacuates 4 in... Mon John McQuan 2
More from around the web