Obama's Virginia Strategy: Kill Coal, Shrink Navy, Hire Bureaucrats

Oct 23, 2012 Full story: Breitbart.com 72

President Obama's gaffe in Monday's debate when he told voters in the Norfolk area, home to the largest naval base in the country, that his second term plan is to further diminish the role of our Navy, isn't his only political weakness in the key swing state of Virginia.

Full Story
Minnie22

Kingsport, TN

#45 Nov 12, 2012
I believe Romney had being president on his bucket list....he's wanting to fill his egotistic desires...not help his country.
Ben Grimm

Richmond, VA

#47 Nov 22, 2012
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Military contracts in most shops are filler work. That helps support the private sector but isn't the only source of income. It's the contractors that create the jobs, not the government. I know, since my shop did military work 20 years ago.
The contractors are paid with Government money that would make those jobs created by the government. The Government just did not hire them directly but it still paid for them and thus created them.
AMJ

Winchester, KY

#48 Nov 22, 2012
Minnie22 wrote:
I believe Romney had being president on his bucket list....he's wanting to fill his egotistic desires...not help his country.
you Hit the Nail on the Head.Excatly he wanted his last name connnected to the prisidency.plaine an simple.if he had won.he would have been a suck for the Rich.Thanks For knowing Minnie22"}
Really

Abingdon, VA

#49 Nov 22, 2012
Who gives a rats ass, maybe Bobby May LMAO
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#50 Nov 23, 2012
tellingit wrote:
obama didn't kill coal. we all killed it. own it. it's the truth. what is coal being replaced with? natural gas. how many gas wells are in buckanan co.? how many in the whole state? what did we think was going to be done with that gas drilled on our properties? did anyone care where the gas would go as long as you got payed by the drill company?
we cant take it back so we must take it forward.
No buddy killed the coal industry, it just got smart about recovery technology putting a lot of people out of work.
Correction

San Antonio, TX

#51 Nov 24, 2012
"No body killed!"
groidians

Bronx, NY

#52 Nov 24, 2012
Bad news but at least the government workers will bring home a paycheck to the kitchen table
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

#55 Dec 12, 2012
Ben Grimm wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen our out of control defense budget. We have to rein that in or it will bankrupt us. We are spending more than any other country in the world. We are out of one war and we will be out of the other one in the next 2 years no matter whop wins the election since both of them has confirmed a withdrawal date in 2014. It way past time to cut back on the 1.4 Trillion we are spending on defense.
That out of control defense budget is what employed those who "Got Bin Ladin"
lddkd

Oklahoma City, OK

#56 Dec 26, 2012
Ben Grimm wrote:
One good thing Obama did for American. Keep us from another Great Depression. He also killed Bin Ladin. There are a lot more thing I could put on here but you ask for just one and I gave you 2.
no the navy did not Obama
munum

Pittsburgh, PA

#57 Dec 28, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
Obama squatter rights apply
WhyIsSuccessVill ified

Saint Petersburg, FL

#58 Dec 28, 2012
Every time Obama speaks on TV. The stockmarket loses points. If you don't believe that... Just see for yourself.

“oderint dum metuant”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#60 Dec 29, 2012
It's funny, People talk about defense spending but don't think any further than that.

People see a aircraft carrier or a bomber aircraft and just see a price tag.

They don't see how many companies and people ans industries rely on these contracts for income and and employment.

An aircraft carrier takes years to build employs thousands to build and has many companies and just has many employees to build and design and manufacture the equipment that goes onboard.

Never mind the fact that build a ship is a perishable skill.

While I agree defense spending needs to be cut I disagree with cutting things the military needs.

Where the defense needs to be cut is the add-ons the politicians require to get their approval on a defense spending bill.

We are engaged in cutting things we need and keeping crap we don't want and didn't ask for.

Welfare and unemployment and social security shouldn't be cut but should be examined and streamlined and redundancies eliminated.

Why does the federal state and local governments have 100's of people doing the same job?

Why do federal and state government have buildings properies and areas they own but don't have any use for?

Get rid of it, sell it.

If a politician wants to add "special perks" to a defense bill they should have to justify it to the American people.
WOW

Las Vegas, NV

#63 Jan 3, 2013
Talk about the typical STUPID American. You dummies voted for the poverty president. Now live with it.
You idiots knew he was Anti-American and still voted for him. Dummies!
Now your going to cry while he destroys America.
YOU just gave him an open door.
What American President BOWS to a Saudy king?
I hope you people are in LOVE with welfare. You belong with the rest of the illegal aliens sucking the life out of America.
ENJOY!
Obama is and will always be a muslim. He is Anti-American and has been taught all his life to hate White people and Americans.
Starting with being born in Nigeria to a muslim father. Then comes the rev wright, who HATES anything White. Obama listened to his trashing of Whites for over 20 years.
Every illegal alien will be coming to live here for free, at YOUR expense of course. Obama has already moved his relatives in from Nigeria to live here for free.
Hint, Obama is NOT an American citizen. No one takes 2 years to come up with a birth certificate, just Obama. SUCKERS

“By the grace of god, I roam...”

Since: Feb 08

RVA

#64 Jan 3, 2013
WOW wrote:
Talk about the typical STUPID American. You dummies voted for the poverty president. Now live with it.
You idiots knew he was Anti-American and still voted for him. Dummies!
Now your going to cry while he destroys America.
YOU just gave him an open door.
What American President BOWS to a Saudy king?
I hope you people are in LOVE with welfare. You belong with the rest of the illegal aliens sucking the life out of America.
ENJOY!
Obama is and will always be a muslim. He is Anti-American and has been taught all his life to hate White people and Americans.
Starting with being born in Nigeria to a muslim father. Then comes the rev wright, who HATES anything White. Obama listened to his trashing of Whites for over 20 years.
Every illegal alien will be coming to live here for free, at YOUR expense of course. Obama has already moved his relatives in from Nigeria to live here for free.
Hint, Obama is NOT an American citizen. No one takes 2 years to come up with a birth certificate, just Obama. SUCKERS
I think you missed a couple of items on the Ignorant Anti-Obama Screed Checklist, dear. Go back and try again. You'll never be a real frothing-mad screaming right wing dipshit at this rate!
lolol

Grundy, VA

#66 Jan 4, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to President Obama for the cheap gas prices and lower unemployment!
God. bless Barack Obama!!!!!!
Still cannot believe this s...t, hahahahaha
Shinichiro Takizawa

Koganei, Japan

#71 Jan 14, 2013
I am deeply sorry again and again.

I think that
once Steel-Inustry comes back to the U.S.,
then Coal-Induistry of the U.S. will also come back to the U.S.

Am I right?

Go, go, U.S.Steel!
Go, go, Nucor!

I love the U.S.A.!
I love all Americans!
I love Illinois!
I love Virginia!

[Alton Daily News.com ]January 14, 2013
Illinois Coal Production On Rise
http://altondailynews.com/news/details.cfm...
Illinois coal producers say their businesses are hot.
According to data from the U.S. Energy Information Association Illinois coal miners enjoyed their best production year in the nearly two-decades last year.
The state's 47-million-tons of coal produced was an increase of 24-percent over 2011.

Illinois' coal production bucks the national trend, which saw a near four-percent decline in 2012.
nick

Hilton, NY

#72 Jan 14, 2013
Ben Grimm wrote:
One good thing Obama did for American. Keep us from another Great Depression. He also killed Bin Ladin. There are a lot more thing I could put on here but you ask for just one and I gave you 2.
hey fucknut he did not kill bin Ladin the marines did
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#73 Jan 15, 2013
nick wrote:
<quoted text>hey fucknut he did not kill bin Ladin the marines did
Actually it was the Navy seals, who are close brethren of the Marines.
nick

Hilton, NY

#74 Jan 15, 2013
real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it was the Navy seals, who are close brethren of the Marines.
Ya lol sorry but the point was it was not obama
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#76 Jan 16, 2013
nick wrote:
<quoted text> Ya lol sorry but the point was it was not obama
I agree with you there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America, Pakistan and never having to say sorry (Jun '12) 2 hr MOMIN ANSARI 5
US Airdrops Weapons For Kurds Fighting IS 11 hr Go Blue Forever 13
Air Force Member Arrested After Giving Minnesot... 11 hr Sam 4
Vets react with skepticism, hope to proposed VA... 19 hr MadeInAmerica 7
Sweden in 3rd day of suspected sub search Wed Covert_Shores 1
Obama defends Bergdahl exchange Tue JR 3
Scandal Threatens Montana Democrat's Hold On U.... Tue skunk MThillbillys 45

US Military People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE