Obama's Virginia Strategy: Kill Coal,...

Obama's Virginia Strategy: Kill Coal, Shrink Navy, Hire Bureaucrats

There are 72 comments on the Breitbart.com story from Oct 23, 2012, titled Obama's Virginia Strategy: Kill Coal, Shrink Navy, Hire Bureaucrats. In it, Breitbart.com reports that:

President Obama's gaffe in Monday's debate when he told voters in the Norfolk area, home to the largest naval base in the country, that his second term plan is to further diminish the role of our Navy, isn't his only political weakness in the key swing state of Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Breitbart.com.

CBOW

Dover, PA

#25 Nov 6, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I watched, as Paul Ryan and House republicans blocked every democratic jobs bill.....then, went on Fox and screamed, When's Obama gonna do something about jobs....Now, i think, many on both side's in Congress are at fault, but to stall our country's economic recovery, just for party politics....things have gone too far.....and i voted republican, all the way to 2008.....
More government jobs, not private sector. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (R-Ill.) requested a motion to waive the budget point of order, which was raised by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). Democrats needed 60 votes, but got only 58.

“This violates the Budget Control Act, there is no dispute about it,” Sessions said in a floor speech Wednesday.“The bill will not even go through the House and it violates the Constitution because it says revenue bills must be started in the House ...[and] this is a revenue bill.”

The Veterans Jobs Corp Act would have created new job-training programs to help veterans find work in targeted fields such as national park conservation, historic preservation projects, police work and firefighting, among others. More attempts to grow government and not reign in spending. Proof that this administration cannot create jobs, that is up to the private sector.
hondacivic

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Nov 6, 2012
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
More government jobs, not private sector. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (R-Ill.) requested a motion to waive the budget point of order, which was raised by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). Democrats needed 60 votes, but got only 58.
“This violates the Budget Control Act, there is no dispute about it,” Sessions said in a floor speech Wednesday.“The bill will not even go through the House and it violates the Constitution because it says revenue bills must be started in the House ...[and] this is a revenue bill.”
The Veterans Jobs Corp Act would have created new job-training programs to help veterans find work in targeted fields such as national park conservation, historic preservation projects, police work and firefighting, among others. More attempts to grow government and not reign in spending. Proof that this administration cannot create jobs, that is up to the private sector.
What is all the fuss in Virginia from the looming sequester then? If the government doesn't create jobs, then how will it kill military jobs then? Either the government can create jobs or it can't.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#27 Nov 6, 2012
hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
What is all the fuss in Virginia from the looming sequester then? If the government doesn't create jobs, then how will it kill military jobs then? Either the government can create jobs or it can't.
Military contracts in most shops are filler work. That helps support the private sector but isn't the only source of income. It's the contractors that create the jobs, not the government. I know, since my shop did military work 20 years ago.
hondacivic

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Nov 6, 2012
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Military contracts in most shops are filler work. That helps support the private sector but isn't the only source of income. It's the contractors that create the jobs, not the government. I know, since my shop did military work 20 years ago.
Then it shouldn't be a big deal to go off the fiscal cliff then. But the GOP sure did run enough ads in Virginia to make it sound like the world was ending.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#29 Nov 6, 2012
hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it shouldn't be a big deal to go off the fiscal cliff then. But the GOP sure did run enough ads in Virginia to make it sound like the world was ending.
It's way beyond just sequestration cuts.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#30 Nov 6, 2012
hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
he United States fiscal cliff refers to the effect of a series of enacted legislation which, if unchanged, will result in tax increases, spending cuts, and a corresponding reduction in the budget deficit.[1] These laws include tax increases due to the expiration of the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 and the spending reductions ("sequestrations") under the Budget Control Act of 2011.

The year-over-year changes for fiscal years 2012-2013 include a 19.63% increase in revenue and 0.25% reduction in spending.[2]

Some major domestic programs, like Social Security, federal pensions and veterans' benefits, are exempted from the spending cuts. Spending for federal agencies and cabinet departments, including defense, would be reduced through budget sequestration.
So all of us, NOT JUST THE WEALTHY, will be paying higher taxes!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31 Nov 6, 2012
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
During this administration's first term, in fact reached with last month's new job's total...all the jobs have now been replaced, that were lost during the Bush Recession...further job's plans have been stymied by house blocking....Example: American Jobs Act....We will never know, whats possible, if no democratic jobs bills, can't clear the House....
Chicken Little

Raven, VA

#32 Nov 6, 2012
You people that believe President Obama(he'll always be President to me!),is bent on destroying coal,would believe the sky is falling!!!If Mitt (war horse) Romney steals the election,it'll be more than an acorn thast will fall from the sky,probably a nuclear bomb,as foreigners may want to get the war criminal,before he gets them!!
Chicken Little

Raven, VA

#33 Nov 6, 2012
that,instead of thast....
Not a Lib

United States

#34 Nov 7, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>I am a moderate independent, but i did not like Bush 43 at all! However, i thought his father, Bush 41, was a very good president. I do not identify really with "party" anymore...just who i feel is best, regardless of party! Like, i don;t care much for Obama, but did vote for him in '08. I was actually leaning towards McCain till he put ******g MORON Palin on ballot with him! Clinton was like a "frat boy" in personal life but was actually a pretty good president, Reagan was terrible, Carter was, and still is, a very very good man, but was a lousy president!
Reagan was terrible? Haven't heard that much!
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#35 Nov 8, 2012
Our America's spending in military is largest in recent years after 9.11.
That is, terrorists has been decreasing our Navy-Forces.

We have been using money against al-Qaeda.
And, killing terrorits donot need Aegis-ships nor even aircraft-carrers.

In fact, during President Bush (-2007),
our U.S.Navy budget has been diminishing.

The number of ships of the U.S.Navy has been decreasing for these 20 years.

It's not President Obama's fault.

So, let's destroy al-Qaeda as soon as possible at all means!
I think that we America can use even atomic-weapons agains terrorists.

We America is the justice!

Our America must make cars in the U.S., and export those cars from the U.S. to the world!
We America must make money first!
If our America has enough money, then you can buy aircraft-carrers.
You can buy evem U.S.S.Enterprise.
However, we need a lot of money first!

Money, money money, money, money!

(I am deeply sorry that I am an ill-bred-man.)

So, please buy American!
Please export American-products!

China, Taiwan, Germany, Japan, Russia, and South-Korea are evil-fascism-communism-empires !
turn off the tv

Floyd, VA

#36 Nov 8, 2012
The only reason you cling to coal, is because you have some misplaced sense of pride such as: My daddy was a miner, and his daddy before him. I ask you this now, why does that matter so damn much to you? If your father was a porta-potty technician would you cling to that? I will never understand this ignorant sense of southern pride some of you seem to have. WOOPEEE!!!
You've been watching too much tv. Just what do you think people who live in the coal regions will do to earn a living? THERE ARE NO JOBS BUT COAL in those areas. You're talking about uprooting entire communities to find work somewhere else, or better yet, just start taking welfare. Who will pay for that, do you think?
truth

Washington, DC

#37 Nov 8, 2012
reagon was considered a good president,but like all republican policies,bad for swva.when he took office in 81 this area was booming,by 83 when his policies began to be enacted we were destroyed island creek and pittston shut down almost all operations,and this area died,never to recover,i should not say died,we been on life support ever since.that sob was also instrumental in the war against unions.historically republicans are opposed to the working man and wants him to have no rights and just work hard every day for one of them for the lowest pay,and you say you belong to that party,do you work?if yes do work for a millionaire,then he probably qualifies you do not.you are make beleive republicans. i cant make you believe any different no matter how much damn truth i throw at you.this is to you not a lib,but i still bet you profess to be a christian don't you,don't get no more liberal than that jakass.
Reagan

San Antonio, TX

#38 Nov 8, 2012
truth wrote:
reagon was considered a good president,but like all republican policies,bad for swva.when he took office in 81 this area was booming,by 83 when his policies began to be enacted we were destroyed island creek and pittston shut down almost all operations,and this area died,never to recover,i should not say died,we been on life support ever since.that sob was also instrumental in the war against unions.historically republicans are opposed to the working man and wants him to have no rights and just work hard every day for one of them for the lowest pay,and you say you belong to that party,do you work?if yes do work for a millionaire,then he probably qualifies you do not.you are make beleive republicans. i cant make you believe any different no matter how much damn truth i throw at you.this is to you not a lib,but i still bet you profess to be a christian don't you,don't get no more liberal than that jakass.
Who would pay any attention to your lying comments. Hell, you can't even spell the former president last name correctly.
Leanardo Divinci

Charlottesville, VA

#39 Nov 8, 2012
Old Grundonian wrote:
I agree with Jeb Bush, I was a Republican most of my life and what we have now doesn't resemble MY party at all.
I know they are all black.
Leanardo Divinci

Charlottesville, VA

#40 Nov 8, 2012
Reagan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would pay any attention to your lying comments. Hell, you can't even spell the former president last name correctly.
I can spell the present presidents name F@@k off.
sick

Julian, NC

#41 Nov 8, 2012
Saying Obama killed the coal industry is like saying Reagan killed the radio star
yes coal no muslim obama

Wise, VA

#42 Nov 10, 2012
jobs or im canada bound 2013
tellingit

Pikeville, KY

#43 Nov 10, 2012
obama didn't kill coal. we all killed it. own it. it's the truth. what is coal being replaced with? natural gas. how many gas wells are in buckanan co.? how many in the whole state? what did we think was going to be done with that gas drilled on our properties? did anyone care where the gas would go as long as you got payed by the drill company?
we cant take it back so we must take it forward.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#44 Nov 12, 2012
It's over.

He's back in office.

Move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Military Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Obama 'random dances' at US appearance (Jan '12) 1 hr Miranda Taylor Co... 2
News Ships, planes search for Florida teen boaters 5 hr Responsibility 5
News Coast Guard continues search for missing Florid... 23 hr Cordwainer Trout 20
News Armed civilians guard Las Vegas military recrui... Sun Barbara 2
News Erie teen, friend OK after sailboat capsizes in... Sun chimp whisperer 3
News Coast Guard plane's crew spends long days searc... Sat LO from Canada 5
News Fatal shooting Sat butters_ 3
More from around the web