Ruidoso airport asphalt project approved

Oct 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ruidoso News

By next year, airplane owners shouldn't have to dodge cracking asphalt when they try to enter or leave their T-hangars at Sierra Blanca Regional Airport.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Oct 12, 2012
Simon_Phoenix

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

So let me get this straight, the City of Ruidoso can scramble to get necessary funds for an airport upgrade, but yet cant mysteriously seem to find a way to have Sudderth repaved.

Wow and to think I thought the land of Nod was only a fairy tale.

Way to raise the bar there Debi Lee!! Just remember that "upgrade" when the roads become so bad people start suing the city for vehicular damage. Well im sure there wont be a hurry to find funds to fix that.
Huh

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

If you were half as smart as you think you are you would know the funding for the airport comes from FAA funds which can only be used for the airport. As far as Sudderth or Meachem, while the Village is responsible for minor upkeep, it is a state highway and the state is responsible for major repairs not the Village.
not to worry

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Simon_Phoenix wrote:
So let me get this straight, the City of Ruidoso can scramble to get necessary funds for an airport upgrade, but yet cant mysteriously seem to find a way to have Sudderth repaved.
Way to raise the bar there Debi Lee!! Just remember that "upgrade" when the roads become so bad people start suing the city for vehicular damage. Well im sure there wont be a hurry to find funds to fix that.
We can just add three more dollars to everyone's water bill to pay for the airport.
Simon_Phoenix

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Huh wrote:
If you were half as smart as you think you are you would know the funding for the airport comes from FAA funds which can only be used for the airport. As far as Sudderth or Meachem, while the Village is responsible for minor upkeep, it is a state highway and the state is responsible for major repairs not the Village.
Really? Why dont you try to do something that resembles reading the article, the city is putting up the money in addition to federal and state funds.

Well thank you for proving my point, more like you and perhaps this city will be a ghost town in oh, another 5 years.

oh PS: Commissioner Jim Stoddard asked about financing. Pearce said the state and the village would split the expense. As Mesa Verde completes a segment, the company will apply for a draw. The village will pay for the work and then submit evidence of that payment to the state for reimbursement. The turn-around will be about 10 to 12 days, he said.

The State and the Village, not just the FAA, major fail for your reading skills.
Simon_Phoenix

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Huh wrote:
Forgot to mention in my last post, if the village could get the state representatives to finance this "endeavor" why couldnt they ask those same individuals for funds to repair the "states" highway?

Wow you really need to go back to school, for all our sakes
It is simple Simon

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Simon_Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to mention in my last post, if the village could get the state representatives to finance this "endeavor" why couldnt they ask those same individuals for funds to repair the "states" highway?
Simon, here is a novel idea. If we actually charged for hanger space and jet fuel, instead of giving it to billionaires and employees, we might actually make enough money to buy some asphalt.
Asphalt jungle

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Simon_Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree, but consider the source, a village manager that didn't make it past high school!
Let's see what happens with the new contracts and grants person. The last one didn't or couldn't do her job filing for funds for the water department. Then she leaves for Florida cause she couldn't take the heat over it. The village paid her salary until the new person was hired, and she wasn't even in town!
Surely there are grants SOMEWHERE to be had for those streets to be repaired. It just takes a little bit of research and determination to find them. And maybe a new village manager?
Huh

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Sorry did not read article fully. Thought it was a runway project not a hanger pathway project. Two different things. never mind
It is simple Simon

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Huh wrote:
I would think that for someone that serves on our village council, and CLAIMS to have a formal education (like one other prominent Village employee that claimed to have an education), you would at least be able to spell "Mechem". You are about as dumb as a rock.
Reality

Alto, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Simon_Phoenix wrote:
Like Huh said, Sudderth is a state highway and the state is responsible for the work being done. The state is also responsible for those wonderful improvements to provide handicap ramps at all the corners. What they failed to take into account is the telephone poles and guide wires that are right in the middle of some ramps and sidewalks prohibiting a wheelchair from using them anyway. Not to mention that the sidewalks are in such disrepair in many areas that they can't be used by a handicapped person anyway. Another great waste of about $500,000 in our tax money.
howcomehull road

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

The feds help with the airport and the state paves Sudderth but you, Ruidoso taxpayer are paying for Hull Road, at the request of Councilor Stooge and his successor at the foundation-Donaldson duck. Stooge probably thinks it will help sell his house quicker....if it helps get his crooked arse out of town, get the paving truck going.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••