Most crew leaves US Navy ship stuck on coral reef in Philippines

Jan 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lethbridge Herald

This Jan. 17, 2013 photo released by the Armed Forces of the Philippines Western Command shows the USS Guardian, a US Navy minesweeper, after running aground off Tubbataha Reef, a World Heritage Site in the Sulu Sea, 640 kilometers southwest of Manila, Philippines.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of232
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

This is an awful incident and there is likely no excuse, considering our advanced GPS systems.....hope they get enough clearence to get it off the reef.....

Since: Apr 09

Olongapo City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
This is an awful incident and there is likely no excuse, considering our advanced GPS systems.....hope they get enough clearence to get it off the reef.....
Captain is in deep doodoo.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
and of all things a minesweeper? advanced sophisticated detecting?

turned off? were they all just fishing? flips will get paid for this one.
Rosendo Falcon

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

This nothing much for the US minesweeper. Perhaps it was meant to be given to the Phil Navy ???? Syang talaga ! Our Navy will immediately accept it with open arms,hehehehe, so lets stop making a big thing about it, ok ? Always so quick in criticising and so quick in accepting gifts...thats us. lol
MEL Gibson

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Right you ARE MR fALCON, I AMA fILIPINO AND i KNOW THAT FOR SURE.ENVY AND MAKING MOUNTAINS OUT OF A MOLE HILL DESCRIBES A FILIPINO ONLY TOO WELL...HAHAHAHA.... Am I not right ha....kabayan ? >> lol Our Navy ought to help out there immediately,...the Americans are always out to help all the time. Please be grateful, you guys !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad part is....it was the last living reef.....
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sad part is....it was the last living reef.....
hahahahaha its not quite that bad yet. come on over tomorrow and ill show you another living reef.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahaha its not quite that bad yet. come on over tomorrow and ill show you another living reef.
Sorry, i keep going back and forth, as to if i would ever survive another 25 hour total flightime there....maybe Paris next spring, instead...lol...besides, our reefs are good here in Florida....
AkongaunAnobaun

Manila, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The captain of the USS Guardian ignored the warning of the patrol rangers in Tubbataha and told them to "file their complaints at the US Embassy".

Hmmm... sounds so much like Don the unmerrycunt.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

MEL Gibson wrote:
Right you ARE MR fALCON, I AMA fILIPINO AND i KNOW THAT FOR SURE.ENVY AND MAKING MOUNTAINS OUT OF A MOLE HILL DESCRIBES A FILIPINO ONLY TOO WELL...HAHAHAHA.... Am I not right ha....kabayan ? >> lol Our Navy ought to help out there immediately,...the Americans are always out to help all the time. Please be grateful, you guys !
Americans are not always willing to help. Everyone is trying to be low profile and safe and secure and find finances to permit them life medical needs, pain relief, cures and a little extra strength for a adventure that brings a fiancial windfall or historical find for publicity an dother.

People of other nations have over 50% brain functioning, normal speeds and drug speeds. Over 250 brian chambers precoded to Language barriers and intent of historical disprivlage. You brianwashed them purposefully (crimes agaisnt humanity by brian or poisen is gorunds for global war. USA civilans have 4 BRain chambers functioning in life others open as per job or education topic of research. We're not complete idiots.

More then likely US SHips stuck on reef for research of units that had a giant coral genocide project form pre 1960s, instead of a pig womb or cows, for cloning humans and other they used the womb of a giant coral. VAMPIRE or Valkries reincarnate. FASTest speed of historical charts, Airforce with their LSD COCAINE SPEED to fly the UFO at light speeds would pee on themselfs. SCAREY ah but prettier then all lifeforms.
idiots united

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Faulty maps eh? Who are they kidding? Who would believe that they are stil plotting on maps. The gps redundant enough and accurater to keep them on couse within several feet away from danger zones. What a lame excuse from the navigation crew and offecers of the ship.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> Faulty maps eh? Who are they kidding? Who would believe that they are stil plotting on maps. The gps redundant enough and accurater to keep them on couse within several feet away from danger zones. What a lame excuse from the navigation crew and offecers of the ship.
Ships still plot on maps, airplanes still use maps, they still sell highway maps, hikers still use maps. GPS goes out what are they suppose to do.

High navigation technology is just part of overall systems and never solely relied upon.

Go to navigation school and they will hand you a sextant to master before you use GPS.
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Ships still plot on maps, airplanes still use maps, they still sell highway maps, hikers still use maps. GPS goes out what are they suppose to do.
High navigation technology is just part of overall systems and never solely relied upon.
Go to navigation school and they will hand you a sextant to master before you use GPS.
So it's no longer the wonderful GPS subject of your ridiculing the Philippines for not having one. The issue is that the incident happened already....the GPS FAILED, THE MAP FAILED, WHATEVER TECHNOLOGY YOU'RE TALKING it failed....and now, trying to white washed as if you're the expert, lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll give yourself a break!
crystal

Burnaby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it accident or incident? What about the Chinese government , do they own that area too? Are they going to claim theirs too? Are they gonna fire American ship? I hope not.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

My gps don't work worth crap. If you don't use Interstate to advoid the city it will say turn off some dead end roads. It will take you out of your way because it don't know short cuts. It will let you know what highway your on, but I use a map.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
same exact thing happened to greenpeace at the same location and the same excuse was used then.

according to insurance company stats shipping the world over is responsible for the highest incidences of accidents out of all their other clients combined.

shite happens.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Jaimie wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans are not always willing to help. Everyone is trying to be low profile and safe and secure and find finances to permit them life medical needs, pain relief, cures and a little extra strength for a adventure that brings a fiancial windfall or historical find for publicity an dother.
People of other nations have over 50% brain functioning, normal speeds and drug speeds. Over 250 brian chambers precoded to Language barriers and intent of historical disprivlage. You brianwashed them purposefully (crimes agaisnt humanity by brian or poisen is gorunds for global war. USA civilans have 4 BRain chambers functioning in life others open as per job or education topic of research. We're not complete idiots.
More then likely US SHips stuck on reef for research of units that had a giant coral genocide project form pre 1960s, instead of a pig womb or cows, for cloning humans and other they used the womb of a giant coral. VAMPIRE or Valkries reincarnate. FASTest speed of historical charts, Airforce with their LSD COCAINE SPEED to fly the UFO at light speeds would pee on themselfs. SCAREY ah but prettier then all lifeforms.
hahahahaha wow and you are actually free and walking the streets amongst normal people?

congratulations on your deception.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's no longer the wonderful GPS subject of your ridiculing the Philippines for not having one. The issue is that the incident happened already....the GPS FAILED, THE MAP FAILED, WHATEVER TECHNOLOGY YOU'RE TALKING it failed....and now, trying to white washed as if you're the expert, lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll give yourself a break!
Idiot GPS is satellites in space not on the ground. JESUS don't you look up anything before you open your mouth?????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Wang Dang wrote:
My gps don't work worth crap. If you don't use Interstate to advoid the city it will say turn off some dead end roads. It will take you out of your way because it don't know short cuts. It will let you know what highway your on, but I use a map.
As an american male, i don't need no stinking GPS....i do it the old-fashioned way.....i do it the way my father and his father, alway's did it....maps, getting lost alot....and eventually begrudgingly, asking for directions.....lol....
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Wang Dang wrote:
mine was speaking french when i got it. sexy voice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of232
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••