how many nurses have had lost there l...
Dawn

Independence, KS

#1386 Jul 13, 2013
Long story short...I just graduated from LPN school and failed to report 3 records. They were dismissed charges and showed up at the OKBN. Anyway in order to test I signed a stipulation, settlement agreement with the OKBN. I just found out that I can apply to my own state Kansas (OK college told me I had to test in the state I went to college FALSE). At any rate my question is...am I obligated to this Stipulation, settlement order in Oklahoma or can I go ahead and apply for a nursing license in Kansas? Especially since I'm not even a nurse yet?
Cpj1186

Phoenix, AZ

#1387 Jul 13, 2013
Sue Smith wrote:
I don't think the decree of censure is permanent. I think it is for a specific amount of time usually a year or two. It is determined by the State Board of Nursing.
<quoted text>
Remember that each case is different. If there was no diversion, you had a clean u/a--if they didn;t ask you to do one, go TODAY, and get one, pay for it, it will be money well spent. Also go to a professional counselor who can document that you are not an addict. Keep the negative u/a documentation. The board is so vindictive, and most of them are not nurses. It feels like the rules apply, then they don't, depends on who you ask. I feel so frustrated, and helpless. We are helpless-no matter what happens, you are guilty til proven innocent, then actually guilty but got away with it,(in their opinion)If you are guilty of anything, fess up, come clean with all info. good thing you have an atttorney. An finally, stick close to your current job, because although you may get another postion, facilities do not like to hire anyone with an erasure mark on their record. I have learned the hard way. When you are ready to get a different job, make sure to hone up on your interview skills, and tell them how much you learned over this "issue" how it was an opportunity for you to grow and your career is about caring for people, which is what you want. The biggest thing they want is for you to gravel, sorry, but that is the truth. Btw--it wtays on your license for 10 years. "This person has had a legal issue with their license within the past 10 years." They are heartless, unforgiving, and cold, those are the sad facts. They do not care about you, they actually would rather you go away. Sad, but true, if you like the career, which I love and am not going anywhere, then stick it out, kiss up, and thank God that you have a strong brain, and a heart.
Fallin from Grace

Mexico

#1388 Jul 14, 2013
jo blow wrote:
well, gee, all you innocent nurses and doctors...look at it this way, if you are otherwise as saintly as you claim in these entries, you are going to heaven. maynot pay the rent, but at least it gives you something to look forward to.
And you blow Jo, it is judgmental, harsh, unsympathetic, self righteous people like you that I can't wait to meet at the pearly gate. Those folks who have never made a mistake in their life, Many, many people on this site know how badly they messed up but where is the second chance most of us deserve. "Judge not lest ye be judged" Or how about, "he who is without sin among you, let him be the first to cast a stone (at her)". There are no saints on this Forum just flawed human beings. I am not sure where I am going but I won't see you there because you are far more superior than I. Thank God
SAD3238

Coatesville, PA

#1389 Jul 15, 2013
I had a DUI 8 years ago. I have been on and off with the BON. I cannot believe what I have been through. I don't know what to do...I am 65 and this treatment has been awful. I think I'll just have to forgo this effort, since I just received another note from Harrisburg that I'm in violation of something, I had no idea I was supposed to do. Can someone email me? I have a decision to make...do I go for it, even though it's just for my own pride, or do I forget it? They don't want me...there is no support...I am not a union lover, but this group needs one. I really need help with my decision and after reading notes here, there is no support for us and the Boards want us out. I don't get it...who runs them?
[email protected]
trisha

United States

#1390 Jul 19, 2013
I reported a fellow c.n.a. for abuse. Gave my statement to DON and the local police dept. My problem is I was called today by the administrator and told I could not work untill investagion was over. I don't think this is right!!!!! I report someone for abuse but I can't ???!!!!! Does anyone know the "LAW" on this? Do you think its right that I cant work??
Fallin from Grace

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#1391 Jul 20, 2013
trisha wrote:
I reported a fellow c.n.a. for abuse. Gave my statement to DON and the local police dept. My problem is I was called today by the administrator and told I could not work untill investagion was over. I don't think this is right!!!!! I report someone for abuse but I can't ???!!!!! Does anyone know the "LAW" on this? Do you think its right that I cant work??
Since I am on vacation and have down time to respond, I am doing it to lend support NOT because I know the laws. Do I think it is insane you are being punished for reporting abuse? Yes, it is unfair, messed up, and backwards BUT if you stick around and read this Forum you are going to read a lot of crazy making logic. I am upset at both the nursing programs I attended for failing to provide honest information about the BON's power and authority. Some schools take their classes to BON hearings for a day trip, I wish either of mine had done this. I was such a straight laced person I probably would have never imagined myself in any kind of trouble back then but sh*t happens !!!! Boy does it happen and the BON expects you to foresee and avoid any and all of life's pitfalls. Good luck with that. I am sorry about your current dilemma, I would probably do some research on the internet or speak with an atty. Funny how doing the right thing can explode in your face and they wonder WHY people don't want to get involved. Hang in there honey.
monika

Phoenix, AZ

#1392 Jul 21, 2013
trisha wrote:
Get a lawyer now! Dot delay. Do not think the BON is your friend. Do NOT say anything without your attorney. Read the various posts on this forum. Do not trust the BON or your employer.
Fallin from Grace

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#1393 Jul 23, 2013
trisha wrote:
I agree with Monika and probably did NOT emphasize this enough at all. I would contact an atty, what is happening to you sounds like something is backfiring. I also agree your employer is NOT your friend and maybe a labor atty should be consulted ASAP. I say this because you state you are a CNA and I have no idea IF the BON has any jurisdiction over you. It sounds more like a labor-employee verses employer issue. Keep the folks on this Forum updated
NurseGloria

Roscoe, IL

#1394 Jul 23, 2013
Why does everybody on this forum say to get a lawyer? All any lawyer has ever done for me is take my money; lots of money. They have never done what they said they were going to do. They have nothing to do with the BONs anyway because the BONs have nothing to do with the law. They are just a mean little club of bullies. They are evil. They don't protect the public or provide any useful service. They should just go away.
Fallin from Grace

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#1395 Jul 23, 2013
NurseGloria wrote:
Why does everybody on this forum say to get a lawyer? All any lawyer has ever done for me is take my money; lots of money. They have never done what they said they were going to do. They have nothing to do with the BONs anyway because the BONs have nothing to do with the law. They are just a mean little club of bullies. They are evil. They don't protect the public or provide any useful service. They should just go away.
I totally get your point, actually work with attorneys very part-time and agree they thrive because of conflict, pain and suffering. I have also watched them keep conflict going in order to make billable hours, especially when it involves Trusts, Wills, and divorce. You will often see people on this Forum speak about getting "the correct atty with BON experience". If you don't get a BON knowledgeable atty it is almost as bad as having none at all. I think the biggest reason to get an atty when you have a complaint is so someone is watching your back and what you say. The BON will find a way to turn a positive statement you make about yourself into another problem that needs to be investigated. When an atty does the talking for you, these problems are not as problematic. Without an atty the best and about the only way to manage the BON is to throw yourself on the mercy of the BON and agree to any version of reality they have "made up" about you and people have a hard time doing that, it goes against human nature. But there isn't a really easy path, atty or begging for mercy is still going to be a difficult road to travel. I had 2 atty's along the way and have to admit neither truly helped me, BUT, BUT, BUT, I keep dreaming IF I had the right atty (one with BON experience) from the absolute first contact with the BON I might still have my license. I did things like made statements (written) to the BON before my hearing and met with their investigator without an atty present. I believe this is a very stupid thing to do in retrospect. The report the investigator wrote after our meeting was like a fiction novel and I would hope an atty would stop that type of insanity. Lord only knows, I will never know. And I will never practice again as a nurse because of the way I mismanaged myself along the way, believing the BON would be reasonable when told the truth. Possibly understanding anything I did was due to complete ignorance and fear, well the worst happened and I lived thru it but sure could have used the money a nurse is capacle of making over the years. Cheers
LocalHIRN

Hilo, HI

#1396 Jul 25, 2013
Has anyone lost a RN license due to DUI? Friend has recently gotten a DUI, has contacted an attorney, first time offense, any comments to this situation appreciated.
monika

Phoenix, AZ

#1397 Jul 27, 2013
NurseGloria wrote:
You MUST get the right attorney. One that is competent in dealing with the BON. Otherwise they don't know how to handle them. The problem is there is not many that are used to dealing with the antics and tricks of the various BONs. Some will think they are dealing a normal entity there to truly protect the public but that is so far from the truth.
Lost girl

Brea, CA

#1398 Jul 27, 2013
NurseAttorney wrote:
As long as the nurse attorney is representing her client's interests and not those of the nursing board there is no conflict of interest in a nurse attorney representing a nurse before the nursing board. In fact, I believe my 12 years of clinical experience, combined with my 17 years experience as a lawyer allows me to be a much better advocate for my nursing clients because unlike most attorneys, I have the unique ability to know and understand the challenges and working conditions faced by nurses.
I since your work with both California board and nevada board of nursing, I have a recent 9/2012 DUI in California and I'm applying for my nclex, which board would be easier to apply ?
[email protected]

Since: Jul 13

Coatesville, PA

#1399 Jul 27, 2013
I hired an attorney..2, 000 $ later I was told they couldn't help me. They specialized in dealing with the bon. Forget it!! U R on your own. I had a dui 8 years ago...am 65...must be nuts but decided that license is mine..not theirs. So, I am complying with all the dumb rules...I'll have a party at age 68!!...a really big one!!
cpj1186

Phoenix, AZ

#1400 Jul 27, 2013
Dawn wrote:
Long story short...I just graduated from LPN school and failed to report 3 records. They were dismissed charges and showed up at the OKBN. Anyway in order to test I signed a stipulation, settlement agreement with the OKBN. I just found out that I can apply to my own state Kansas (OK college told me I had to test in the state I went to college FALSE). At any rate my question is...am I obligated to this Stipulation, settlement order in Oklahoma or can I go ahead and apply for a nursing license in Kansas? Especially since I'm not even a nurse yet?
My strong suggestion is do not burn bridges, anywhere. One day it will come to haunt you. One day you will get a letter about it and life will dramatically change. Follow the stipulation to the LETTER, then get your license and move on. I hope that helps make it a bit easier. It is not fair, it is not fun, but there is no way around it but through it. I promise it's true. Good luck.
cpj1186

Phoenix, AZ

#1401 Jul 27, 2013
mollystacy wrote:
I hired an attorney..2, 000 $ later I was told they couldn't help me. They specialized in dealing with the bon. Forget it!! U R on your own. I had a dui 8 years ago...am 65...must be nuts but decided that license is mine..not theirs. So, I am complying with all the dumb rules...I'll have a party at age 68!!...a really big one!!
Good for you, Molly! I am right behind you in age, and dealing with bon. Not fun, not fair, but it is what it is and you are right, it is YOUR license. You earned it, not them. Even when you retire you could still give out flu shots for $40 bucks an hour. Our career is worth fighting for!
cpj1186

Phoenix, AZ

#1402 Jul 27, 2013
monika wrote:
<quoted text>
You MUST get the right attorney. One that is competent in dealing with the BON. Otherwise they don't know how to handle them. The problem is there is not many that are used to dealing with the antics and tricks of the various BONs. Some will think they are dealing a normal entity there to truly protect the public but that is so far from the truth.
I agree with you, Gloria. It does not matter if you go to the Supreme Court--the bon has the final say. I have seen nurses that I think were rather "punished" for pushing back so hard. If you do exactly what they say it will eventually go away. It is so unfair, we should encourage change. You cannot fight them, they will fight back and win in the end.
cpj1186

Phoenix, AZ

#1403 Jul 27, 2013
Fallin from Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally get your point, actually work with attorneys very part-time and agree they thrive because of conflict, pain and suffering. I have also watched them keep conflict going in order to make billable hours, especially when it involves Trusts, Wills, and divorce. You will often see people on this Forum speak about getting "the correct atty with BON experience". If you don't get a BON knowledgeable atty it is almost as bad as having none at all. I think the biggest reason to get an atty when you have a complaint is so someone is watching your back and what you say. The BON will find a way to turn a positive statement you make about yourself into another problem that needs to be investigated. When an atty does the talking for you, these problems are not as problematic. Without an atty the best and about the only way to manage the BON is to throw yourself on the mercy of the BON and agree to any version of reality they have "made up" about you and people have a hard time doing that, it goes against human nature. But there isn't a really easy path, atty or begging for mercy is still going to be a difficult road to travel. I had 2 atty's along the way and have to admit neither truly helped me, BUT, BUT, BUT, I keep dreaming IF I had the right atty (one with BON experience) from the absolute first contact with the BON I might still have my license. I did things like made statements (written) to the BON before my hearing and met with their investigator without an atty present. I believe this is a very stupid thing to do in retrospect. The report the investigator wrote after our meeting was like a fiction novel and I would hope an atty would stop that type of insanity. Lord only knows, I will never know. And I will never practice again as a nurse because of the way I mismanaged myself along the way, believing the BON would be reasonable when told the truth. Possibly understanding anything I did was due to complete ignorance and fear, well the worst happened and I lived thru it but sure could have used the money a nurse is capacle of making over the years. Cheers
FALLIN--you have a good point, but you have seen how even decent attorneys cannot fight the bon. The "right" one? Who could that possibly be? As nurses we are not stupid. If you study the rules of your board and look at a few months of minutes from past meetings, you can do a fine job. An attorney helped me a little, by getting the time reduced, but a very little. It costs a lot, too. In the end who wins anyway? bon is comprised of mostly not nurses, so what can they know anyway? Frustrating power struggle.
kev

Eugene, OR

#1405 Aug 5, 2013
The state boards of nusing suck. they are tyrants & do more pt harm than any nurse could ever do.
Sad3238

Coatesville, PA

#1406 Aug 6, 2013
Don't bother with an attorney. You just have to shut up and play the stupid game. I had to have a psych evaluation by a SOCIAL WORKER! What?? That was already done by a BON psychO and a report was written of course, stating that I may need treatment...Does anyone get this? I have my own shrink but he is not apart of this BON food chain, so I cannot use him. He knows I need no treatment..the only reason I see him is to help me through this treatment!! I have three years of this BS to go. I'll shut up and play the game and use everyone within the food chain of the BON. They have you by your balls and twist them on a regular basis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Vensure Employer Services Inc. (Feb '13) 1 hr Grow Up 14
Review: Sunstar Heating And Aire (Jul '12) Tue brandy trujillo 42
brandy trujillo Aug 23 brandy trujillo 3
Rejoining the LDS Church (Jan '09) Aug 23 LostSoul34 61
FBI arrested 12 east valley residents with mob ... Aug 23 anonymous 9
*UPDATE*6 ADDITIONAL SUSPECTED mafia figures ar... Aug 23 anonymous 2
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Aug 21 Southside 35th VTCA 2,098

Mesa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance