johnmoyers

Beattyville, KY

#982 Nov 15, 2012
Lost in Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
So very true I have a big scarlet letter on me. The worst thing for me is that everything stops for me and I am just lost and at a loss because I so wanted to become a sexual assault nurse examiner and forensic nurse. I really am passionate about it because I am a rape survivor and I had so much to offer those victims because I could look them in the eye and say I do understand I know exactly what your feeling because I've been there. Now that is gone and I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I am now nothing more than an over educated housewife. It is just so unbelievable how a small group of appointed power hungry pencil pushers have the power to decide your life as you know it and had it planned is over. They have to damn much power especially since they answer to no one.
And where does that leave us. There are support groups for nurses in recovery and I think it is great that people are taking advantage of the opportunity to get clean and sober and I give them all the credit they deserve, but what about those of us who did not have any substance problems, who didn't divert narcotics whose sanction had nothing to do with substance abuse or criminal activity. People see your license has been disciplined and they just assume the worst and that your more trouble to them than your worth or your a liability. Where do we turn to.
You are obviously a very caring, GREAT RN and I "feel for you" as a health professional (DVM, PHD) myself, turned paramedic/RN (long story but love RN!)

From my experience with colleagues (I was faculty of med school and knew many MDs and RNs with all kinds of issues) is to get an attorney who does nothing but represent RNs- in Ohio, Mary and TOdd Collis, are the best. You have many courses of appeal; again, I am not a JD (lawyer) BUT you must "fight back"! Just "taking sanctions, without countersuits (defamation of character, lost wages, mental anguish) always "Demands" legal attention of board; and law schools are best source of "pro bono" work by 3rd year law students, signed off on by JD professors-for credit, no cost to you; you are innocent, I can "feel it"; and please contact me if I can lend a hand!

Unfortunately, I have a former friend in Ohio who has 2 duis in 2012, last one .24, and sees no need to change behavior, this appalls me, for any citizen and especially a health professional.

You "hang in there"! your biggest issue, I think, is waiting; time is NOT ON YOUR SIDE; fight it, inactivity is "admitting guilt"!

GOd's grace and peace to you!
john moyers, dvm, phd, ma, ms, ba, bs, emt-b, emt-paramedic, RN/CC
johnmoyers

Beattyville, KY

#983 Nov 15, 2012
Understanding wrote:
I just kind of fell on to this website. Very interesting, to say the least. I work for the board and deal with people like you, who have messed up and not taken responsiblity for your actions. The Board of Nursing is here to PROTECT THE PUBLIC not to give YOU a slap on the hand and say go on your merry way and continue to do what you have been doing. If it were drugs, alcohol, abuse what ever the case. You are put on probation because you have to be accountable for what you do as an RN LPN or CNA. You took an oath and that doesn't mean you can screw up and it's ok. You are not like other people, you are in charge of peoples care and lives. And when you mess up you need to be punished. You don't get to drive drunk on the week end, you don't get to do drugs at your friends house or steal from the elderly or abuse the people you take care of. You have chosen this profession so live out your committment and stop whining. You are all adults act like it and take your punishment like men and women. Your right the board of nursing is not there for YOU they are there to protect the people that you care for. Maybe just maybe a little bit of this will help you all look at yourselves and say "I need to make some changes either that or get out of field of nursing." I have people like most of you in this chat website come into the board that I take care of and I can't believe you are professional people with the way you DEMAND your license DEMAND to speak to someone NOW. I makes me so scared to think that maybe one day one of you might be taking care of me.
I agree. As a veterinarian and PHD (faculty of major med school) I have seen professionals "skate" and assume they are "free of accountability"; while I do know no system of checks and balances is perfect, any legitimate professional SHOULD be ready to demonstrate compliance with disciplinary actions-even if "innocent". For every legitimate complaint against a truly innocent RN, 9 go undetected that do need disciplinary action- so are MDs, DVMs, PHDs in clinical settings, etc.

The board has to be tough and should be more involved AT clinical level; any hospital without QI should be closed!

work hard!
jm
Tweetybird328

Pompano Beach, FL

#984 Nov 15, 2012
To the person who does not want a nurse taking care of her because the nurse has an issue that needs to be taken care and can be so that they can move forward with their life. Just like any human being who has to pick their jg rad up and move on. Please do not scorn your own profession because if your ancient ideas. Open your eyes and llick around you. How many medical professionals do you think live like saints???? Give me a break
johnmoyers

Beattyville, KY

#985 Nov 15, 2012
mark ohio wrote:
recently i was charged with OVI in ohio and somebody turned me in to board. the board is notinterested in helping at all, just in discipline
wow! did you have to be "turned in" or did this just show up when you went for license renewal? One time? I have a friend in Ohio currently with 2 duis, February 2012,.08, one in may,.24 and nearly fatal-for her-crash, can she "hide this from board?

good luck to you, and what was your discipline?
Lain

Oak Ridge, TN

#986 Nov 16, 2012
suki wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go to Nurseup.com or google Andrew Lopez RN. He has been working on collecting resources and various types of help for nurses in these messes. His group (or groups associated with him) are even collecting funds to assist nurses needing support.
I am an a "defrocked Attorney and I happenned upon this site. The job/profession are different but the feelings are the same. I got my license taken because I get prescribed pain medicine. Someone finy ds out and they accuse me of being under the influence in court when I was not under the influence. I was not in court, I had not taken any medicine that day and most of all I take a prescribed dose and by getting pain relief I function fine. I take very little. And then I get accused of anything they could dig up on me plus before I got suspended clients did not send complaints about me to regulatory body in my state but after I got suspended I got a complaint about every week because some total nut job is claiming I slept during her custody hearing when she was trying to take her G daughter away from her daughter. Many years ago she lost 3 kids for allegations of every abuse you can think of so now she is taking it out on the rest of the world.
And all the info was in the papers and online about me. I have never felt so sh%^y in my life. Many of these licensing agencies are out of control.
vindicator

Beattyville, KY

#987 Nov 17, 2012
user1 wrote:
As long as they're not endangering other people lives then anyone can feel free to do anything they please on their own time!
uh, doesn't dui endanger other people? and if anyone is "caught" once, what are odds this is not "first" time they have done so????
Fallin from Grace RN

Lubbock, TX

#988 Nov 17, 2012
Exactly WHAT did I steal wrote:
WHY would anyone do the Diversion program just to satisfy the BRN? If you did nothing wrong, why end up with a black mark on your record until the end of your days? It will affect all of your health insurance, all of your jobs, and the way you're treated in so many ways...
Hit the Board where it hurts... expose them! I can't do it alone. It takes more than one.
Why would anyone do diversion just to satisfy the BON?? In order to survive. I don't know your situation but many women are single and supporting children. You cannot guarantee keeping your license by fighting the BON, you might feel you did nothing wrong but they literally make it up as they go along in the investigation & hearing process. In California,(to my knowledge and I could be wrong), diversion is kept off you record, if you complete it to the BON satisfaction. EVERYTHING else ends up on your record permanently. I know 3 RN's who completed diversion and they all have great jobs post diversion (2 are actually in management). They ALL have the benefits which come with a decent RN position, health care, retirement etc. Then you have people like myself who refused to do diversion and say I was using when I wasn't using, I thought the truth would "set me free" or at least my atty would.....I spent many many years in college only to be dependent on minimum wage jobs and child support after the BON got thru with me. I think it is a grand idea to expose the BON, I would love to be involved with a group doing it but you need to understand people need a paycheck and that is why diversion can be the lesser of evils.
Cookie

Sacramento, CA

#989 Nov 17, 2012
You can go to RNguardin's webpage they offer legal assistance, but you can also read the steps in the investigation process and other issues on their blog. Most nurses do not understand the BON's investigation process and what it means once an accusation is filed. The California Board of Nursing webpage also discusses the type of allegations it investigates and the process. Because the BON operates under Administrative law it is whole different ball game than Criminal law in which you are "innocent until proven guilty", it seems with Administrative law you are guilty until proven innocent. The BON can act on DUI's that have occured years ago if they feel like it, this way the they generate income.
Caroline Connor

Detroit, MI

#990 Nov 30, 2012
above law wrote:
The board is above the law. Even if you take the board to a regular court, and WIN, the board can just ignore the judges ruling. This must stop. If they board is found WRONG by a court of law, well the board is WRONG. However, being about the law, they do not have to abide by any court order. Simply amazing.
Yes, that is true, they do not have to take into consideration the Administrative Law Judges final decision, the trier of facts. That amazes me too!! The BON does not attend any of the proceedings, yet...they make a decision based on what??? The case could go on and on too, you could have many appearings...yet, it makes me sick to see the under-representation for nurses. Too punitive! How can the board always be right when they are never at the proceedings?? Does that seem to register justice?
TWC1964

Mauldin, SC

#991 Dec 5, 2012
25 year nurse wrote:
I too am living the nightmare of having to deal with the NC board of nursing's "disciplinary action." I was working as a nurse practitioner with an unblemished record, high productivity scores, and high patient satisfaction. One of the nurses I worked with started writing prescriptions for different people and signed my name. I was accused of diverting narcotics to myself- something I had never done. I lost my RN and my NP license for 2 1/2 years so far. I am forced to drug test 3-4 times a month. I have NEVER used illegal drugs. They wouldn't allow me to have a lawyer to represent myself, nor did they initially tell me what I was accused of. I figure I have lost around $250,000 due to this false accusation, my reputation is ruined, and I'm forgetting the knowledge and skills I developed from working in the ER for five years. Anyone who knows me knows I'd be the last person to knowingly break any rules, yet I'm being treated like a criminal. I have nobody to help me. I wish we were regulated by the medical board like PAs are. Help!!
Hi. Please contact me. I am an NP and being attacked by the NCBON. I need to find a "bull dog" attorney who will fight for me. My email is tsadams1964@yahoo.com. Thank you!
Illinois RN

Chicago, IL

#992 Dec 15, 2012
I have been told to self report my non documenting of medications, narcotics, that I took out of the Accudose. They gave me option to take a drug test or be terminated, I choose the later bec. I knew that I indeed would test positive as I have had a drug proplem sense earlier in the year when I had a surgery and was prescribed this medication, this happened recently. All though I do have the perscription bottle for the medication that I did not chart. How should I go about self reporting. I have until next Friday or then my former employer will go ahead and report me, if i am the one who tells them how much detail or documentation will they seek if any.
I am a young nurse who really love my pts. all though I am very happy to seek treatment how much should I I share with the board and what might u anticipate may be expected from me.
Also should I work in the meantime and how can I seek a lawyer if I do not have much money.
Thank you so very much,
I read your comments to other RNs and admire your outlook, pls write back and I am very graitful for your assistence. Thank you
Illinois RN

Chicago, IL

#993 Dec 15, 2012
NurseGloria wrote:
Amanda,
You hang in there. Many of us have been where you are now and have survived. Life will be good again. Don't give up. Somebody give Amanda your phone number. Somebody in California needs to help Amanda right now.
I have been told to self report my non documenting of medications, narcotics, that I took out of the Accudose. They gave me option to take a drug test or be terminated, I choose the later bec. I knew that I indeed would test positive as I have had a drug proplem sense earlier in the year when I had a surgery and was prescribed this medication, this happened recently. All though I do have the perscription bottle for the medication that I did not chart. How should I go about self reporting. I have until next Friday or then my former employer will go ahead and report me, if i am the one who tells them how much detail or documentation will they seek if any.
I am a young nurse who really love my pts. all though I am very happy to seek treatment how much should I I share with the board and what might u anticipate may be expected from me.
Also should I work in the meantime and how can I seek a lawyer if I do not have much money.
Thank you so very much,
I read your comments to other RNs and admire your outlook, pls write back and I am very graitful for your assistence. Thank you

RN Gloria would u pls respond thank you very much
Cookie

Sacramento, CA

#994 Dec 15, 2012
Illinois RN wrote:
Thank you so very much,
You should consult with an attorney who specializes in Nursing issues. If the facility reports you to the Board of Nursing then not only will they accuse of not self reporting but they will investigate you for drug diversion. Then your problems really will begin, you should NEVER speak to the BON without an attorney present. The Board of Nursing investigators would like nothing more for you to incriminate yourself, they may seem friendly but this is just a guise. A "slip of the lip can sink a ship" anything you say can and will be used against you. The BON responsibility is to Protect the Public and not your license. This is a serious matter and I would somehow scrape up the money for a attorney ASAP. It is better to spend the money now then having to face fines and recovery costs levied against your license, this is one way the Boards make their money. Good luck. P.S. I am not nor do I work for an attorney but have been in Nursing long enough to know that you need legal counsel when dealing with the BON.
Indiana Nurse

Caruthersville, MO

#995 Dec 15, 2012
Illinois RN, In my experience Cookie is spot on about an Atty.
Check out this web site. In Illinois the program is called Peer to Peer. http://www.illinoisnurses.com/displaycommon.c... ?
Good Luck and God Bless
Fallin from Grace RN

Lubbock, TX

#996 Dec 15, 2012
Cookie wrote:
<quoted text>
You should consult with an attorney who specializes in Nursing issues. If the facility reports you to the Board of Nursing then not only will they accuse of not self reporting but they will investigate you for drug diversion. Then your problems really will begin, you should NEVER speak to the BON without an attorney present. The Board of Nursing investigators would like nothing more for you to incriminate yourself, they may seem friendly but this is just a guise. A "slip of the lip can sink a ship" anything you say can and will be used against you. The BON responsibility is to Protect the Public and not your license. This is a serious matter and I would somehow scrape up the money for a attorney ASAP. It is better to spend the money now then having to face fines and recovery costs levied against your license, this is one way the Boards make their money. Good luck. P.S. I am not nor do I work for an attorney but have been in Nursing long enough to know that you need legal counsel when dealing with the BON.
The fact you can be honest with yourself is awesome, it will help you with recovery but not necessarily with the BON. Pay the money to get an attorney who has handled cases for nurses in front of the board. It will cost you more in the long run to attempt to "fit it" yourself. I always believed the truth would set me free, it does not work that way with the BON or their investigators. They play the good cop, bad cop game and manipulate the truth into something ugly. If you want to keep your license hire a good attorney before you do anything. Good luck
Senseless

Hendersonville, NC

#997 Dec 16, 2012
marla wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you live in the State of Arizona. Opinions, gossip, speculation can, will and has destroyed many a nurses career. On so many levels.
Posted on Topix Asheville 12/15/2012
As if the child sexual molestations and union violence aren't enough up north, now we have an unbelievable mass murder in Connecticunt. And this is a cultural thing. Here in the South, we are family oriented and attend church Sundays and Wednesdays. We are moral. The northern states, on the other hand, are morally bankrupt with very low church attendance, rampant sexual perversion, rampant crime. The north could learn a thing or two from us Southerners.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/asheville-nc/...

If you do not like this post you can call the author and tell him what you think @ eight two eight two one six seven zero five one
Tweetybird328

Pompano Beach, FL

#998 Dec 16, 2012
Senseless wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted on Topix Asheville 12/15/2012
As if the child sexual molestations and union violence aren't enough up north, now we have an unbelievable mass murder in Connecticunt. And this is a cultural thing. Here in the South, we are family oriented and attend church Sundays and Wednesdays. We are moral. The northern states, on the other hand, are morally bankrupt with very low church attendance, rampant sexual perversion, rampant crime. The north could learn a thing or two from us Southerners.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/asheville-nc/...
If you do not like this post you can call the author and tell him what you think @ eight two eight two one six seven zero five one
I feel like this post is completely inappropriate for this site. It shows prejudice and points to morals of people u know nothing about. A Nurse would not and should not make such a statement like that!!!!!
johnm

Beattyville, KY

#999 Dec 16, 2012
what does the ohio board of nursing do to RNs who have plead guilty to 2 duis in 2012, second one resulting in accident and a .24 blood alcohol level?
Stephanie

Oklahoma City, OK

#1000 Dec 17, 2012
Please contact me skbcd9900@hotmail.com

LSBN is more worried about $$$ than allowing an RN for 20yrs to return to work!!! I promise that I will not cont this profession until I retire or die!
Lynn T wrote:
To "Sad to be leaving"
I am also a nurse in Louisiana who just went through a very bad dealing with the LSBN. I am planning to advocate for nurses who have faced this kind of treatment. I am not sure if the Louisiana board is worse than other boards but it does seem that they are not concerned about the truth, the patient, and especially not concerned about the nurse. I am trying to find other nurses here, in Louisiana, that have dealt with our board and possibly treated unfairly. If you are interested in doing something about it, contact me at LThigpenRN7@aol.com
ERRNCAM

Stockton, CA

#1001 Dec 17, 2012
concerned Redding Ca wrote:
<quoted text>Hi yes I would be glad to speak to you...I certainly have been through it//don't be scared///I can help shed some light on the subject so you can better understand what you are up against. Just keep your head up and be ready to defend yourself. Terspenc5@aol
I stood in the office of the BRN of CA and reported my DUI. After 2 1/2 years I moved. It was within that 2 week period they decided to address the issue. "didn't report change of address". I had a lawyer who didn't know what he was doing, took my money, and said get another job. The board revoked my license. I can't get a job anywhere. The DUI was 4 1/2 years ago. I believe the board had absolutely NO business in personal matters. I was no where near work. I paid my dues with the state and county, everything. Why do they have a right to destroy my entire career?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) 23 hr your mum 1,949
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee-Stalling problems! (Feb '08) Wed Ree 311
Jodi Arias (Jan '13) Wed cooc 256
Rosemary Vogel Tue Paul 1
Review: Tempe Powersports And Marine Dec 23 Warren 4
Inaccurate prenatal tests lead moms to abort fe... Dec 22 kody 1
Optimize Your Website For Search Engine Results Dec 21 Nick 2

Freeze Warning for Maricopa County was issued at December 26 at 3:29AM MST

Mesa Dating
Find my Match