Elaine

Boca Raton, FL

#922 Oct 3, 2012
Suki wrote:
Hey guys, all the states need to get their act together! If we all stand together we CAN make a change for our career in the states.
I agree with everything you have said. If you are still looking to change things in Florida, please contact me: eginrn@mail.com
Cathy

Los Angeles, CA

#923 Oct 4, 2012
Geez, Kenny. Sounds like you worked at EMC & DRMC. I can relate to the vindictive nature of the 'powers that be' as well as the desert 'rumour mill.' Worked at EMC 10 years (@ 9.5 yrs too long!) Had the director from hell so vindictive she actually wrote up pt complaints which were never made and FORGED MY SIGNATURE under the 'nurse has been counselled' portion. Did not even resemble my signature, I was so harrasesed by this director I went to HR and 7 of my 7 witnesses went in reluctantly but they did tell the truth about her ongoing terrorizing of me (going as far as calling charge nurse on weekends & telling them NOT to lift a finger for me for assistance w/ pt care, breaks et al, the CNs were not that loyal to her and told me, she barged at me, i'd stand behind my colleage & friend or I am sure she would have hit me, constatnt harrassment & forgeries) HR stuck by her (I found out management always sticks together) biggest mistake on my part was resigning, I knew I would never get a job in the desert again but I held onto forgeries and for any future employment I do tell HR I possess the forged documents and if she dares mention my name I'll go to an attorney (and I will, forgery is a felony unless someone is a nurse director, apparently) my firend was right, he said rather than standing behind him I should have just let her deck me in the nsg station.
A lot

Williamson, WV

#924 Oct 6, 2012
A lot have
suki

Phoenix, AZ

#925 Oct 6, 2012
Licensed Vocational Nurse wrote:
The Board of Nursing gave us a scope of practice. Wepaid substancial amounts of money to go to school and become LVNS. Now the board just decides to take the assessment away from LVNs. This has seriously destroyed health care. If the board cares about the paitents then why would they be so in for LVNS. Now a caregiver or med tech gives narcotic pain medications. These empoyees have no training at all.
Something should be done to prevent the Board of Nursing from further damaging the lives of both LVNs and patients across the country.
This isn't right. I've seen this thing coming years ago. I remember when they removed the majority of the LPNs from hospitals to replace them with techs. I said it then. I will say it again. It is the outside forces (greedy CEOs$$$) that have done this nonsense. All to save a buck! At the expense of the patients. You are totally correct they have no experience, training or often basic education. I complained when they removed our LPNs and our trained CNAs from hospitals to be replaced with cheap labor. Sorry to most of the techs out there but the trained CNAs and LPNs know what I am talking about. I've seen so many unskilled people coming in to care for our vulnerable patients. Many many times these people have no desire to provide direct care to sick old people. Who ends up doing the dirty work? The nurse anyway. So, LPNs out there, I feel for you. But I gotta say, I saw it coming. Makes me sick.
suki

Phoenix, AZ

#926 Oct 6, 2012
Cathy wrote:
Geez, Kenny. Sounds like you worked at EMC & DRMC. I can relate to the vindictive nature of the 'powers that be' as well as the desert 'rumour mill.' Worked at EMC 10 years (@ 9.5 yrs too long!) Had the director from hell so vindictive she actually wrote up pt complaints which were never made and FORGED MY SIGNATURE under the 'nurse has been counselled' portion. Did not even resemble my signature, I was so harrasesed by this director I went to HR and 7 of my 7 witnesses went in reluctantly but they did tell the truth about her ongoing terrorizing of me (going as far as calling charge nurse on weekends & telling them NOT to lift a finger for me for assistance w/ pt care, breaks et al, the CNs were not that loyal to her and told me, she barged at me, i'd stand behind my colleage & friend or I am sure she would have hit me, constatnt harrassment & forgeries) HR stuck by her (I found out management always sticks together) biggest mistake on my part was resigning, I knew I would never get a job in the desert again but I held onto forgeries and for any future employment I do tell HR I possess the forged documents and if she dares mention my name I'll go to an attorney (and I will, forgery is a felony unless someone is a nurse director, apparently) my firend was right, he said rather than standing behind him I should have just let her deck me in the nsg station.
I hate to agree with your friend but you should have let her hit you. Only is the physical violence seen as serious. But then again..........I know a nurse whose cell phone was thrown in a garbage can (after she was clocked out of her dept) and the nurses arm was twisted by the manager. The manager later continued to harass the nurse until.........she got the nurse fired. Oh yeah, reported her to the Board of Nursing for BS reasons. Guess what? The hospital kept the abusive manager! In fact she has had 3 other hospitals where she abused staff. Arizona is not a good place to work. Unless you are in management.
Fallin from Grace RN

Lubbock, TX

#927 Oct 6, 2012
This is because bullies identify and support other bullies. Quite often in domestic violence cases the abused person makes excuses for and supports the abuser. The BON identifies with bullies and supports them. I can't tell you how many stories have been told about revenge reporting to the BON, nurse on nurse. It's like a bad soap opera story line. The BON has such ridiculous standards it is impossible for anyone to be clean enough to pass their scrutiny. When they can't find evidence against you they take sometime totally innocent and create a problem which proves your guilt. Example; when the BON investigated me they got a copy of my job application. On the application I listed a friend as a personal reference and wrote she is an atty. The Deputy (Dogg) DA apparently checked with the state bar and could not find my friend listed as an atty. Therefore, I lied which shows you my long history of lie after lie, adds to the BON justification to treat me like a criminal. However, my friend uses a nick name instead of her birth name. Dahh, the state bar has her birth name which is not what I wrote down. I am sure glad these top notch Law & Order wannabees can sleep at night. Make it up as you go along I always say, the case against me is full of this insanity. All I can say is I hope the members of the BON are shown exactly the same mercy they have shown many of us on THEIR judgment day.
suki

Phoenix, AZ

#928 Oct 7, 2012
FFG, that is exactly what it boils down to. BULLYING. The bullies rule this country. If you are not with them then you are against them. That is their motto. Weaker spineless souls are in fear of them. Therefore they may not be a bully but just willing to go along with their nonsense in order to somewhat protect themselves. It reminds me of when one lives with an abusive alcoholic. The entire family must walk on eggshells for fear of disrupting their fragile ego. Then if God forbid they do..............they know the wrath they must endure.
Cathy

Los Angeles, CA

#929 Oct 7, 2012
Kenny, I remember you from when you started at 'that hospital on Bob Hope Dr.'! Sorry to hear of your difficulties

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#930 Oct 7, 2012
You are right about bully mentality, my twin & I grew up with them. I took it for granted that people grew up. Boy, was I wrong. You're right @ BON, looked up my nurses who have been caught in their web and astounded they tear apart the utter minutae of every chrting they've ever written, forgot to chart etc...I miss spending time with my patients but I am going to stay married to my computer. I chart like a lawyer, scary part is I know back in the day w/ paper charting & noc shift I'm sure there's stuff I documented less than perfectly as a new nurse, it goes back 17 years but I was naive', I was raised by an LAPD Sgt & we chatted about law all of the time, difference is in the legal system they have to abide by letter of the law, statutes apply and no one person has 100% authority. Not so in BON, never been in any trouble but I've looked up others' who have and, in California, there is ONE person who seems to have more authority than a Supreme Court Judge!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#931 Oct 7, 2012
Hi, decided to use my real name (not Cathy, geez, bad when one is so paranoid w/out having done anything to use a screen name.) Oh, she would have punched me in front of a whole lot of doctors & nurses and you are right, I should have let her. Having been raised by an LAPD Sgt I do know the law & would have prosecuted & sued to the max...truth be told I am not a fighter and just reacted by hiding behind my male friend RN to protect me. After that incident she put us on different days as she did not want my protecter around & knew the other female RNs were also afraid of her.
LPN to be

South Bend, IN

#932 Oct 19, 2012
I was a CNA at a nuring home for 8 months and was terminated because on resident complained and said I was verbally abusive. I was tld that I would be put on a three day suspention and that after that I would be told what would happen. not even 3 hours after the conversaton with the DON I was called up and terminated. I was never verbally abusive I tried to be as nice as could be to all the residents. but the other day I was in visiting with a resident and she had told me that a lotof people had been fired for the same rasons I was and I went and talked to one of my nurse friends and she told me that there was one resident that was getting everyone fired and the office always took there side to me it seems like if it was just this one resident doing this then why havent the removed him? I checked my CNA status and Im still active Im doing home health but they know I am a CNA but dont have my certificaton on file. the DON even told me that I just need to tell people I left. In a way I think it was done to protect me from that said resident complaining to the state and the state taking my license away IDK but Im thankful that I can still be a CNA if I choose to be and it wont hinder myfuture LPN or potentual RN status. I know I just tell people I got let go but they didnt tell me what for. I know that a former employer can not release info about me only my job title and my dates of employmnt with them and nothing else to potential employers, ad that is former employers do release info I do not want relesed then I can sue. I have talked to many people like nurses and aides I worked with and residents and asked them am I verbally abusive or I tell them the reasons I got fired and they looks at me and say really becuase you dont seem like the type and I have never seen you do such things and what not and I know I didnt do anything wrong its just the nursng home wanting to make a profit. but its what ever I like home health care any way its much better than a facility!
JJC

Asheboro, NC

#933 Oct 19, 2012
Does anyone know attorney in north carolina dealing with nursing issue
careful

Decatur, GA

#934 Oct 19, 2012
The Georgia board of nursing did not renew my license although they took my fee and online application. They cancelled by renewal because i did not submit a picture ID.They DID NOT tell me. thus I was practicing without a license and did not realize I was never renewed. Do I have a case against them. I was also fired from my job.
user1

Phoenix, AZ

#935 Oct 20, 2012
I gave an emergency med and thought it was a standing order. Fired and reported to board. Confused unsure what to do?
Indiana Nurse

Caruthersville, MO

#936 Oct 20, 2012
My experience: When I was turned over to the BON I did a Web Search for Nurse/Attorny in my state. I also looked in the state nursing magazines. It is very expensive, so find someone as local as possible so you do not have to pay for their travel as well. Hold on tight, surround yourself with support, it is going to be a long ride. God Bless
user1

Phoenix, AZ

#937 Oct 20, 2012
suki wrote:
FFG, that is exactly what it boils down to. BULLYING. The bullies rule this country. If you are not with them then you are against them. That is their motto. Weaker spineless souls are in fear of them. Therefore they may not be a bully but just willing to go along with their nonsense in order to somewhat protect themselves. It reminds me of when one lives with an abusive alcoholic. The entire family must walk on eggshells for fear of disrupting their fragile ego. Then if God forbid they do..........they know the wrath they must endure.
Everything you're saying is right. As a new nurse just under a year of practice I wish I read these threads. Now my license is in jeopardy all bc someone "didn't like me"? Worst career ever.
suki

Phoenix, AZ

#938 Oct 22, 2012
user1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you're saying is right. As a new nurse just under a year of practice I wish I read these threads. Now my license is in jeopardy all bc someone "didn't like me"? Worst career ever.
You know I get in trouble wherever I work when I try to forewarn young or new nurses of what to be careful of. People want the newer nurses to find out on their own. I don't believe in that. Or management thinks I am frightening them. I believe a whole lot of people that work in healthcare are the ill ones and they derive pleasure from seeing other people fall!
help

Washington, DC

#939 Oct 23, 2012
If i lost my rn license , nd going for my hair dressing license ,will i beable to get my hair dressing license ?
Fallin from Grace RN

Lubbock, TX

#940 Oct 23, 2012
To help in Phili, many, many professional boards are not as dysfunctional as the BON, I have a friend who lost her LVN (here in Cali) and is happily doing hair today, lucky b*tch. Have a friend call the Cosmetology board and ask them how they would approach this situation. And always remember to ONLY answer questions they ask on an application, don't offer information. I hope you all can appreciate some of my humor, they took my license but they will never take my ability to laugh which is priceless. To User 1 in Phoenix, please do NOT speak to the board without legal representation. The "investigator" on my complaint came to my house stating, "I am neutral, just on a fact finding mission, nothing more, you can be honest with me it will only help you". Then she either altered or left out key statements from me to make me look guilty. The investigator dropped by my house, unannounced, a second time when my daughter was in an ICU. I called her to tell her, "if you want to come to my house you can call and give me 24 hours notice AND if you want a urine sample for drug testing, you know I can't change the results with 24 hour notice so that is not the reason why I am asking for the notice, it is a thing about respecting my home". My 75 year old mother had answered the door while I was at the hospital with my daughter and my mother was really confused by the investigator just showing up demanding information about me. The investigator quoted me as saying, "don't show up at my door without 24 hour notice" which makes the situation look a lot different than me offering urine anytime they showed up if given 24 hours notice. I have always wondered why the investigators need to lie and manipulate the truth IF they are doing "the fair and right thing". Everyone on this site will tell you to find the money to get a lawyer BUT NOT just any lawyer, many criminal lawyers do not have a clue about the power the BON has to act on your license. The BAR doesn't treat their members like the nursing profession treats us. I would definitely go watch a BON hearing before you do anything. In fact I am still looking for someone to help me video a BON hearing, I would even offer up myself for the BON to humiliate and file for reinstatement. I would like to tape them damning me (and others) and present my evidence on the tape after the hearing. Maybe offer the other victim's at this hearing to do the same. Someone needs to stop these bullies!!!
tweetybird328

Pompano Beach, FL

#941 Oct 23, 2012
I' so frustatedd wih the IPN and BON that I just want to fight them more. I had ETOH still in my system from the nite before .I was sent for a random drug screen level was .057. I was reported to BON who told me before they made ay decisions that I should report to INP so I did. I went for my evaluation on Sept. 7th. He told me that as far as he was concerned that I could go back to work and I would do the meetings once a week. But he said IPN may want more. When is it that IPN does no follow a physcians suggestions. I feel like I just wasted 700.00 if the are going to do whatever they want. I have not worked since aug. 24 and im still waiting to here from IPN about my evaluation.
What can I do????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
suspects in east valley illegal gambling ring h... 1 hr morepissedoff 7
Is prostitution and sex taking place in Scottsd... (Oct '09) 7 hr Barbara Striesandah 222
Open Borders with no Quality Control is a Path ... 16 hr taco lover 2
Review: Blue Foot Spa 16 hr az-oldschool 2
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) 16 hr az-oldschool 1,961
East coast mobusters in east valley 23 hr allison 5
Review: Bella Blue Boutique (Sep '09) Fri anonymous 13

Flood Watch for Maricopa County was issued at February 28 at 3:05PM MST

Mesa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mesa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance