Feds scale back Phoenix immigration unit

Jul 14, 2012 Full story: KRMG-AM Tulsa 58

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has scaled back a unit in Phoenix that answers calls from local law enforcement to identify and deport illegal immigrants.

Read more
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#23 Jul 15, 2012
This is just another example of the Obama administration punishing those that oppose their rule. The federal government has given itself too much power and both the Republican and Democratic parties are to blame.
“Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely”
Nationalist

Sunnyvale, CA

#24 Jul 16, 2012
Klaus666 wrote:
White Americans are going to have to start killing these evil, civilization wrecking vermin. Don't ask for a Romney when a Hitler or Vlad Tepes on steroids is required.
Hitler is not required. Something like Front National
or Jobbik is required. With the coming digital age
of media it will happen in our lifetime.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#25 Jul 16, 2012
dirtbag1958 wrote:
This is why we need to vote out Obama.
Just a matter of time, Obama won't always be there.
southern girl 1968

United States

#26 Jul 16, 2012
First of all. Last time I checked you had to have a social security card to receive any kind of assistance. Support who?? You are surely not supporting them. They take care of their own. Their children who are born here are AMERICAN CITIZENS which in title them to the same things we are offered. Get my facts straight? I think you need to check up on your facts before posting anything. Get the hate out of your heart. Oh by the way I do own a home. I have 4 children and work two jobs. I support my family and pay taxes. We have americans who work under the table and DON'T PAY TAXES so let's get it straight. They are not hispanic. What's the problem???? No one wants to speak about our faults. So class is now over.

Since: Apr 09

small town

#27 Jul 16, 2012
southern girl 1968 wrote:
First of all.
Just the facts 1.$11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer ...
2.$2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.H ...
3.$2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.H ...
4.$12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/0 ...
5.$17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANscriptS/0604/0 ....$3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/%20TRANscriptS/060 ...
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://transcripts.CNN.com/TRANscriptS/0604/0 ...
8.$90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
Verify at: http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt ...
9.$200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSC%20RI%20PTS/ ...
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US .
Verify at: http://transcripts.cn n..com/TRANscriptS/0606/12/ldt ..01.HTML%C2%A013. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.
Verify at: http://www/..rense.com/general 75/niht.htm
14..'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States .'
Verify at: http:// www.drdsk.com/articleshtml %20w.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whoppi$ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR
DLB7
4/28/2010 2:29:13 AM

The total cost is a whoppi$ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR
You want to know why America is broke?
You want to know why the average American is out of work?
Want to know why the American health system is on it knees?
Want to know why home prices have crashed in older established middle/lower income neighborhoods?
Want to know why white and black kids right out of high school can't find jobs?
Want to know why more people in America DIE each year from HISPANIC gangs then do from all the wars we have been in 30+ years?
Want to know why white people, black people and all other races except HISPANIC will be the minority in 20 years (if that)?
"The Trojan horse" in our house! Is America over..... is it too late?
Only time and actions will tell.

small town

#28 Jul 16, 2012
Last time I checked you had to have a social security card to receive any kind of assistance.
Puerto Ricans targeted in massive ID theft schemes

In this photo taken June 21, 2010, Jose Marrero Rivera poses in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Marrero Rivera realized that his identity had been stolen when police came to his San Juan airport snack bar with a warrant for car theft, and that multiple identity thieves were upending his life.
by DANICA COTO Associated Press Writer

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Born in a U.S. territory where he has lived all his life, Jose Marrero Rivera didn't know his name and social security number were racking up thousands of dollars in unpaid charges in Chicago and Miami.
The snack bar worker is one of thousands of Puerto Ricans caught up in a lucrative document-fraud scheme to hide illegal immigrants in the United States. They're American citizens with Hispanic surnames. And their records — kept loosely in schools or church rectories, where they are easy to steal — draw as much as $6,000 on the black market.
Only when police showed up at Marrero's San Juan airport food stand to arrest him for car theft did he realize that identity thieves were upending his life.
"All the information, all of it, the driver's license, the Social Security, my address, was mine," he said of the warrant. "I was shocked. I told them simply that it wasn't me."
Documents stolen from Puerto Rico have shown up in fraud-ring busts in Delaware and Ohio and immigration raids on meatpacking plants from Texas to Florida. No government or law enforcement official can put a dollar amount on the illegal trade, but documents are so valuable that addicts on the island trade their own documents for drugs.
"Birth certificates have become legal tender," said Kenneth McClintock, Puerto Rico's secretary of state.
The island government's only answer so far is to void every Puerto Rican birth certificate as of July 1 and require about 5 million people — including 1.4 million on the U.S. mainland — to reapply for new ones with security features. New birth certificates will be issued starting July 1, and all old birth certificates will be annulled by Sept. 30.

small town

#29 Jul 16, 2012
The Citizenship Clause of the 14th Amendment reads:
“All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”
The term “subject to the jurisdiction, thereof,” is the key, here. If you go to the debates on the congressional record of the 14th Amendment,“full jurisdiction” means in part “full allegiance to America.” Because the illegal alien parents are here illegally, and subject to the jurisdiction of Mexico (or whatever country they came from), a divided loyalty exists - hence, based on the 14th Amendment, the children of illegals (anchor babies) are not citizens.
Since illegal aliens are not subject to the complete jurisdiction of the United States, their children born in the U.S. are not automatically American citizens.
While debating the 14th Amendment, the statesmen involved intended for the clause to protect the children of the newly emancipated slaves.
The language regarding “jurisdiction” was intended to be in line with the original intent of the Founding Fathers. Let’s understand the importance of “full loyalty” in the minds of the Founding Fathers. As far as the founders were concerned, there could be no divided allegiances. Even a hundred years later president Theodore Roosevelt, though progressive on many issues, understood the importance of full allegiance to the United States:
“Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt, 1919.
Michigan Senator Jacob Howard, one of two principal authors of Section 1 of the 14th Amendment (the Citizenship Clause), noted that its provision,“subject to the jurisdiction thereof,” excluded American Indians who had tribal nationalities, and “persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers.” He even went out of his way to indicate that children born on American soil of foreign citizens are not included.
Clearly, the framers of the Fourteenth Amendment had no intention of freely giving away American citizenship to just anyone simply because they may have been born on American soil.
The second author of the Citizenship Clause, Illinois Senator Lyman Trumbull, added that “subject to the jurisdiction of the United States” meant “not owing allegiance to anybody else.”
Senator Howard concurred with what Mr. Trumbull, saying,“The word ‘jurisdiction,’ as here employed, ought to be construed so as to imply a full and complete jurisdiction on the part of the United States, whether exercised by Congress, by the executive, or by the judicial department; that is to say, the same jurisdiction in extent and quality as applies to every citizen of the United States now.”
The intention was for those who are not born to American citizens to have no birthright to citizenship just because they simply were born inside the borders of this country.
The courts have interpreted the Citizenship Clause to mean other things, but we must remember that the Constitution cannot be changed by the courts. Changes to the Constitution can only be made by amendment (Article V.).
Children born to American citizens, and to those people who have been naturalized, can be considered citizens of the United States since only a American citizen could enjoy the “extent and quality” of jurisdiction of an American citizen.
In short, the Constitution of the United States does not grant citizenship at birth to just anyone who happens to be born within American borders. Allegiance, or complete jurisdiction, of the child’s birth parents at the time of birth is an integral part of whether or not that child is an American citizen.

small town

#30 Jul 16, 2012
Illegal immigrants take jobs away from American citizens. According to a review of U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Census Bureau data, legal and illegal immigrants gained over a million additional jobs between 2008 and 201l aliens are responsible for much of this violence.
According to the Center for Immigration Studies, some of the most notorious gangs in the country are made up almost entirely of illegal immigrants….
“Gang investigators in Virginia estimate that 90% of the members of MS-13, the most notorious immigrant gang, are illegal immigrants.”
Thursday, April 29, 2010

Congressional Research Service: One-quarter of all illegal immigrants in the U.S. call California 'casa'
A Congressional Research Service report on illegal immigrants in the U.S. was released two days ago, though to read the funny papers you'd never know it.

A couple of numbers are startling: most estimates put the total number of illegals living in the U.S. at 12 million. Between three and four million of the illegals here aren't working: i.e., they're absorbing benefits from taxpayers in the form of welfare, food stamps, free education, etc.

As for those who are employed, a full 5% of the U.S. labor force consists of illegal aliens. This is a disheartening finding when you consider that the U-6 unemployment/under-employment measure for U.S. citizens is nearly 20%.

Thanks to "Sanctuary Cities" like San Francisco and Los Angeles, California's downtrodden taxpayers suffer the most.

Nearly one-quarter of all illegal aliens in the U.S. call California home.

Say, I wonder if all of the welfare, benefits, prison expenses and other infrastructure costs of millions of illegals have anything to do with California's $23 billion annual budget deficit? Or New York's catastrophic fiscal problems?

Nah, that's got to be a coincidence.

small town

#31 Jul 17, 2012
First of all. Last time I checked you had to have a social security card to receive any kind of assistance. Support who?? You are surely not supporting them. They take care of their own. Their children who are born here are AMERICAN CITIZENS which in title them to the same things we are offered. Get my facts straight? I think you need to check up on your facts before posting anything. Get the hate out of your heart. Oh by the way I do own a home. I have 4 children and work two jobs. I support my family and pay taxes. We have americans who work under the table and DON'T PAY TAXES so let's get it straight. They are not hispanic. What's the problem???? No one wants to speak about our faults. So class is now over.
Know your Facts. Yes their Trash out there that should NOT get welfare and there is Every race out there. But illegal immigrants are NOT Citizens of UNITED STATES.DEPORT ALL illegal immigrants.

When will the madness Stop! We need to Protect these illegal immigrants and their children! SO let make ICE do their JOB and DEPORT all these poor illegal immigrants and their children back to whatever country they came FROM. CONFISCATE ALL their WORLDLY POSSESSIONS and Sale their Possessions at Public Auction and use the Money to Help Pay for Social sevices for Legal Immigrants and United States Citizens. Deport more of these poor illegal immigrants Back to their Homeland Broke. That way it will discourage them to Stay at their Homeland, People not to come to United States without PROPER PAPERS. Illegal immigrants and their children ARE costing United States Taxpayers BILLIONS of Dollars. People who support illegal immigrants and their chidren Need to support these people in their own Homeland.

Houston, TX

#32 Jul 17, 2012
No illegal alien should be handed any checks whether their children are US citizens or not. If they can't afford to have children then don't have them or find a way to provide for them.

The government must close down the 14th amendment so that illegal aliens are not born US citizens.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#33 Jul 23, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> You are hurting the economy and us taxpayers when you refuse to pay income tax.
There are also many americans who do not pay taxes.
Rico Loves Guns

Venice, CA

#35 Jul 23, 2012
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are also many americans who do not pay taxes.
Over 50% of Americans do not pay taxes. This means that the majority of people on Topix who claim they pay taxes in fact do not pay taxes. They simply pretend to pay taxes.
Interesting

Dallas, TX

#36 Jul 23, 2012
Rico Loves Guns wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 50% of Americans do not pay taxes. This means that the majority of people on Topix who claim they pay taxes in fact do not pay taxes. They simply pretend to pay taxes.
I guess you're including yourself and all of your liberal buddies in that statement too.

Since: May 12

Phoenix, AZ

#38 Jul 23, 2012
Juan wrote:
The US government needs to scale back on all it's immigration policies. We hurt no one, all we want is to work, something many americans do not want to do. They would rather draw unemployment.
All illegal aliens are breaking the law. They cannot drive legally, work legally, and are responsible for our higher crime rates of theft, hit/run, ID theft, illegal voting, fraud, etc.
NO AMNESTY.
Deportations are the right answer
Bushy Inspector

Venice, CA

#39 Jul 23, 2012
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're including yourself and all of your liberal buddies in that statement too.
I was actually referring to unemployed low skilled workers like you.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#40 Jul 24, 2012
wingersoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
All illegal aliens are breaking the law. They cannot drive legally, work legally, and are responsible for our higher crime rates of theft, hit/run, ID theft, illegal voting, fraud, etc.
NO AMNESTY.
Deportations are the right answer
I came here as a infant. I've worked as an electrician and have for over 15 years. I should not need any type of work permit. I'm as american as one can get. I was raised and schooled here.

Houston, TX

#41 Jul 24, 2012
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
I came here as a infant. I've worked as an electrician and have for over 15 years. I should not need any type of work permit. I'm as american as one can get. I was raised and schooled here.
This is why illegal aliens are so stupid, you are not a American.
ima

El Paso, TX

#43 Jul 24, 2012
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
what you think or believe DOES NOT MATTER and it doesn't make you an american just because you feel you should be! Even americans need to be licensed or certified to do jobs such as electricians, plumbers, teachers and even accountants! so why should you be the exception?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#44 Jul 25, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> what you think or believe DOES NOT MATTER and it doesn't make you an american just because you feel you should be! Even americans need to be licensed or certified to do jobs such as electricians, plumbers, teachers and even accountants! so why should you be the exception?
Cause he's too stupid to pass the tests?
Juan

Pearland, TX

#45 Jul 25, 2012
juan is a dipchit wrote:
<quoted text>
SSDD eh juanita? Yep...you are nothing more than a fraud and post chit on topix you worthless wanker. Illegal aliens deserve a swift kick in the butt as they are tossed back across the border or returned whence they came!! FO juan from pearland.
I don't understand all your computer talk.....SSDD eh ? But then again I work everyday and don't have time to spend on the computer all day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garage Door Repair Mesa AZ 6 hr pin 2
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) 13 hr Nazi soldier 1,971
News Happy Valley Mayor Lori DeRemer lands broken bo... Mon ZonaBound 1
News 1 dead and 5 wounded in Mesa, Arizona; suspect ... Mon ZonaBound 9
Kenny Robertson Mar 22 Curious 1
News Anti-Mormon group gives away DVDs in effort to ... (Mar '07) Mar 21 justice seeker 141
News Police: 6 shot, 1 dead in Mesa, Ariz., shootings Mar 21 barefoot2626 30
Mesa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mesa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]