Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi ...

Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

There are 687 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

mrwiley

London, KY

#130 Mar 14, 2013
Duke Nukem wrote:
<quoted text>
YAWN!!!!
You're just mad because for 3 years I laid out why Casey Anthony would be aquitted - and I was right.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
you sure was,and i heard a few tent lawyers down in fl.talking about what she would be doing in prison,what her cell would be like and all the trimmings,lol you just can't tell about a jury,the prosecutor would have me for the defense if i was on it!!im just that type.
mrwiley

London, KY

#131 Mar 14, 2013
i do believe vinnie the poo,paid the jury he had last night.also drew the doc.paid his mind readers and body language experts,lol
Casper

Yorba Linda, CA

#132 Mar 14, 2013
There's no way she would go up against him with a knife if she had a perfectly good gun. And what's the point of taking the gun from her grandparents, if indeed she did, if she doesn't plan to use it. No, the gun shot came first. I think she told him lets take a shower to get her DNA off of him after all the sex. It was also to get him in a vulnerable situation. I also think she wanted to take pictures of him while she killed him. The photos show him looking almost unaware that he was being photographed and then an angry face when he noticed what she was doing. I'm sure right after that photo he was asking her what the hell she was doing. She probably had the camera in one hand and the gun in the other. At some point he got out of the shower and lunged with his head angled down to the side and she shot him. That's how she shoots him in the head at that trajectory. They fell to the ground and the gun was knocked out of her hand. He was stunned obviously but not completely incapacitated. She rolled away and ran out of the room and still had the camera with her. He got up off the floor spitting up blood everywhere and then walked down the hall in a daze. She wanted to leave, but couldn't with him still alive. She was freaking out and grabbed a knife from the kitchen and came back into the room to find he was collapsed at the end of the hall where she stabbed him over and over as he tried to protect himself by reaching up with his hands and then rolling over; this is why there are defense wounds on his hands and from behind, he was not walking away from her, he was laying on the ground when the stabbing took place. It's unclear to me if she slashed his throat at the end of the hall or in the shower because I'm not sure just how much blood was found in that location, but when he finally stopped moving my guess is she dragged him back into the bathroom into the shower where she washed him off again, and/or slashed his throat expecting him to bleed out everywhere, but he was already dead. She wasn't expecting it to go down that way. There was so much evidence to clean up that she began to panic. She freaked out and decided to destroy the pictures, but didn't know how to delete them permanently because it was a new camera and so she tried and then put the camera in the wash machine. She cleaned the knife and put it in the dishwasher. The bullet casing was simply kicked on to the blood and that's why it's on top. The fog is a convenient ruse not to have to tell how the stabbing really went down. The reason the fog lasts for so long is because if she could remember where she threw the gun in the desert then she could be asked to go find it to prove it was Travis's, but we all know it probably belonged to her grand parents so she doesn't want it found. I don't think it was thrown, it was probably buried about a foot deep, but find the gun and the case is solved.
Casper

Yorba Linda, CA

#133 Mar 14, 2013
I feel so sorry for his Travis and his family. I hope the jury is able to make the right decision.
Ramona

Vacaville, CA

#134 Mar 14, 2013
Travis owned the gun, according to Jodi, but yet had no other bullets in his house other than what was in the chamber of the gun. What gun owner owns a weapon but keeps no bullets in the house. No one I know
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#135 Mar 14, 2013
Ramona wrote:
Travis owned the gun, according to Jodi, but yet had no other bullets in his house other than what was in the chamber of the gun. What gun owner owns a weapon but keeps no bullets in the house. No one I know
Jodi testified that Travis told her the gun wasn't loaded, although somewhere along the line she said it was loaded in December. She also said it was cocked and ready to fire, laying in the top of a closet. It's also been in and out of a box, in a holster, she can't remember. I have a gun, and I have ammo for it. I don't keep it ready to fire, and I guarantee I'd know if I had to take it out of a holster before firing at someone right on top of me.

The idea that he kept it loaded and ready to fire, but had no extra ammo anywhere in the house, makes far less COMMON sense than the idea that she stole her grandfather's gun a week before he was killed with the same type gun.

If I were her and wanted to discount the whole gun deal, I'd have scoured the area to produce that gun to show that it was Alexander's and not my grandfather's.
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#136 Mar 14, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Wait for the Mental Health experts
Martinez alienated some jurors
The proceedings became a "Star Chamber"
look it uo if you do not know the meaning
Where are you getting your information to make statements about what the jury is thinking? How do you know some were alienated?
really

United States

#137 Mar 15, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
Jodi testified that Travis told her the gun wasn't loaded, although somewhere along the line she said it was loaded in December. She also said it was cocked and ready to fire, laying in the top of a closet. It's also been in and out of a box, in a holster, she can't remember. I have a gun, and I have ammo for it. I don't keep it ready to fire, and I guarantee I'd know if I had to take it out of a holster before firing at someone right on top of me.
The idea that he kept it loaded and ready to fire, but had no extra ammo anywhere in the house, makes far less COMMON sense than the idea that she stole her grandfather's gun a week before he was killed with the same type gun.
If I were her and wanted to discount the whole gun deal, I'd have scoured the area to produce that gun to show that it was Alexander's and not my grandfather's.
well said!
nellie

Saint Augustine, FL

#139 Mar 15, 2013
She slaughtered the guy...a very vicious murder(that was most likely planned)...She is a real psycho and nympho...with an extremely narcisstic personality..I love watching Nancy Grace , Jane V. and Dr. Dru....they all see thru her big, phony acting ...as the victim.....
You Are Not My Boss Two

Carnegie, PA

#140 Mar 15, 2013
she was jealous cuz he did not want to take her to Cancun
LA Guy

United States

#141 Mar 15, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting your information to make statements about what the jury is thinking? How do you know some were alienated?
This is LA Guy, thus it should be obvious to you.

Also, if stabbed first per the Coroner, not premeditated.
LA Guy

United States

#142 Mar 15, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
Jodi testified that Travis told her the gun wasn't loaded
People killed all of the time by a supposedly unloaded gun. She tesitified that she pointed it at him to scar him off.
LA Guy

United States

#143 Mar 15, 2013
Ramona wrote:
You would be surprised on how may gun owners do not have extra rounds, particualrly if the gun was given to him.
A Reader

Utica, NY

#144 Mar 15, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be surprised on how may gun owners do not have extra rounds, particualrly if the gun was given to him.
One of her first statements to police was that he did NOT own a gun (we seen this on the video) & also his pal that videod him (TA) at the shooting range with the automatic weapon. The friend claims IF TA had a gun, he would have told that fellow he had one. I believe this b/c I feel TA would have brought the .25 w/him at some point to shoot it.
guilty

United States

#145 Mar 15, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you have an answer for everything just like jodi. You are really reaching to defend every statement. You keep refering to "Jodi Testified"....AnD... Means nothing - she discredited herself long ago...noones fault buut her own!
Oasis

Rougemont, NC

#146 Mar 16, 2013
A Reader wrote:
<quoted text> One of her first statements to police was that he did NOT own a gun (we seen this on the video) & also his pal that videod him (TA) at the shooting range with the automatic weapon. The friend claims IF TA had a gun, he would have told that fellow he had one. I believe this b/c I feel TA would have brought the .25 w/him at some point to shoot it.
Did you notice the weaponry used in that video?
They would have laughed at his 25.
Jodi realized she had to upgrade to a 9mm to get the next "job" done.
Lessons learned.
Casper

Yorba Linda, CA

#147 Mar 18, 2013
I meant to say he looks almost annoyed that she's taking the pictures, not unaware, you get the sense that she's got the gun already directing him to pose for the pictures. If you could zoom into the iris of his eye, I'm sure you'd see a gun and a camera. Anybody that thinks it's his gun is just not being logical, she could produce that gun any time she wants to, she remembers exactly where it is.

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#148 Mar 18, 2013
Anon wrote:
She changed her story, yet again, in under ten minutes. With Martinez, she tells him that she saw Travis with the gun loaded taking it somewhere, even though she said previously that the gun was unloaded, according to Travis. When asked by the jurors, after Martinez finished, how many times she saw Alexander's gun, she answers, "3", when she first started cleaning the shelves, another time cleaning as it rested there, and then on the 4th, the day of the "attack". So much for Travis carrying it out loaded before Christmas. Does she even listen to herself?
I agree that this is all a lie

However, I think there is maybe some truth to the Ninja story.
She was able to do all that damage and she only got a couple of cut fingers and some bruises that were covered by long sleeves. No one, not Ryan and not Leslie Uday commented that she couldn't hold her knife and fork, that she walked as though she was in discomfort.
Detective Flores first impression was there had to be two assailants. If you listen to the interview he is trying to get her to cough up another name.

Bundoora, Australia

#149 Mar 18, 2013
Casper wrote:
There's no way she would go up against him with a knife if she had a perfectly good gun. And what's the point of taking the gun from her grandparents, if indeed she did, if she doesn't plan to use it. No, the gun shot came first. I think she told him lets take a shower to get her DNA off of him after all the sex. It was also to get him in a vulnerable situation. I also think she wanted to take pictures of him while she killed him. The photos show him looking almost unaware that he was being photographed and then an angry face when he noticed what she was doing. I'm sure right after that photo he was asking her what the hell she was doing. She probably had the camera in one hand and the gun in the other. At some point he got out of the shower and lunged with his head angled down to the side and she shot him. That's how she shoots him in the head at that trajectory. They fell to the ground and the gun was knocked out of her hand. He was stunned obviously but not completely incapacitated. She rolled away and ran out of the room and still had the camera with her. He got up off the floor spitting up blood everywhere and then walked down the hall in a daze. She wanted to leave, but couldn't with him still alive. She was freaking out and grabbed a knife from the kitchen and came back into the room to find he was collapsed at the end of the hall where she stabbed him over and over as he tried to protect himself by reaching up with his hands and then rolling over; this is why there are defense wounds on his hands and from behind, he was not walking away from her, he was laying on the ground when the stabbing took place. It's unclear to me if she slashed his throat at the end of the hall or in the shower because I'm not sure just how much blood was found in that location, but when he finally stopped moving my guess is she dragged him back into the bathroom into the shower where she washed him off again, and/or slashed his throat expecting him to bleed out everywhere, but he was already dead. She wasn't expecting it to go down that way. There was so much evidence to clean up that she began to panic. She freaked out and decided to destroy the pictures, but didn't know how to delete them permanently because it was a new camera and so she tried and then put the camera in the wash machine. She cleaned the knife and put it in the dishwasher. The bullet casing was simply kicked on to the blood and that's why it's on top. The fog is a convenient ruse not to have to tell how the stabbing really went down. The reason the fog lasts for so long is because if she could remember where she threw the gun in the desert then she could be asked to go find it to prove it was Travis's, but we all know it probably belonged to her grand parents so she doesn't want it found. I don't think it was thrown, it was probably buried about a foot deep, but find the gun and the case is solved.
I don't think there was time to run down to the kitchen to get a gun if you work with the time stamps

Bundoora, Australia

#150 Mar 18, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Many good points.
Many have never been in a fight, so just do not get it.
I have been in many of them and only remembering the
higlights.
As a photog, she would have not only removed the memory card, but would have never left the camera, if she had it all planned out.
This all went down, non planned, in the last fifteen
Amazing she got out alive, after she fought or attacked him
la, I am back to believing the ninja story and her level of confidence about not being convicted. see my other post re blood atonement. It is amazing she only got a couple of cut fingers, which she still states she got at work not in the stabbing. She allegedly massacred someone and she wasn't bruised so badly that she couldn't walk? Neither Ryan nor Leslie noticed anything untoward except long sleeves

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Sunstar Heating And Aire (Jul '12) 17 hr brandy trujillo 42
brandy trujillo Tue brandy trujillo 3
Rejoining the LDS Church (Jan '09) Tue LostSoul34 61
FBI arrested 12 east valley residents with mob ... Tue anonymous 9
*UPDATE*6 ADDITIONAL SUSPECTED mafia figures ar... Tue anonymous 2
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Aug 21 Southside 35th VTCA 2,098
south side mesa (Sep '08) Aug 21 Fk ws35 this SS35 118

Mesa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance