Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi ...

Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

There are 687 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

#293 Apr 3, 2013

p.s. Did they ever question Bryan Carr? He lives somewhere close to Phoenix. I want to say Prescott was mentioned. He is so supportive of her and so blinded by her that it seems they would want to take a look at him as possibly helping her, maybe giving her a place to shower and clean up. Notice that she also bought face cream x 2 and what looks like Nexxus products x 2 on the gas can receipt. Not really significant except why would you need two of everything unless you needed to be scrubbing down after a murder. i know this sounds far-fetched. I wish they had questioned her why she buys things in two's like in Noah's Ark.
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#294 Apr 3, 2013
Cock a Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Martinez grilled her about the gas cans because it proved her to be a liar. There was a receipt she bought an additional 5 gallon gas can in Salinas, CA. She says she returned it. She was caught buying 15 gallons of gas which would indicate she had three gas cans if they were each 5 gallons. Her defense tried to say maybe it wasn't gas, but it had the price per gallon on the receipt. What else could it be? 5 gallons of kool-aid? Oh my goodness, this is a bizarre trial. How many times do they have to catch her in lies before they quit using her journals, e-mails and other communications she could have forged as testimony?
She seems to like the cat and mouse game with the prosecutor until she gets put on the mat and then she just sits there with that look on her face. You know the one.
Yes, I know the look you're talking about.
Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

#296 Apr 3, 2013
Is it possible those "last pics" were not actually from the day she was there and somehow she changed the time/date stamps for the photos of them together, that maybe they were not together on that day at all?

Also, did she dye her hair and get a rental car, maybe so she would appear to be similar to someone else and he would open up before he figured out it was her?

These may seem like wild conspiracy theories, but someone pointed out that there was a white car at Travis's behind police tape. Perhaps it belonged to the girl he was taking to Cancun? Obviously, it couldn't have been Jodi's rental car. That might explain why she went so far out to rent a car. She went until she found one that perhaps matched the girl's he was taking to Cancun or someone else so no one would think it was Jodi there.

She was sneaky, but not sneaky enough.
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#297 Apr 3, 2013
Cock a Doodle wrote:
Is it possible those "last pics" were not actually from the day she was there and somehow she changed the time/date stamps for the photos of them together, that maybe they were not together on that day at all?
Also, did she dye her hair and get a rental car, maybe so she would appear to be similar to someone else and he would open up before he figured out it was her?
These may seem like wild conspiracy theories, but someone pointed out that there was a white car at Travis's behind police tape. Perhaps it belonged to the girl he was taking to Cancun? Obviously, it couldn't have been Jodi's rental car. That might explain why she went so far out to rent a car. She went until she found one that perhaps matched the girl's he was taking to Cancun or someone else so no one would think it was Jodi there.
She was sneaky, but not sneaky enough.
Not sure if she could change the date/time stamp on the pictures. There's no doubt that she orchestrated the car rental to be out of range and a nondescript color. The rental company testified about her requesting a less vivid color car after she realized the one they gave her was red. They also remembered her as having blonde hair, so she did dye it before arriving at Travis'.

I think one of the roommates had a similar car?

That's the thing with sociopaths, they believe they belong to an elite group of human and everyone else is less intelligent, attractive, etc. She was out of her league and didn't know it. There are times at trial when she seems to brifely realize it, and she breaks down. But I don't think it's really sunk in yet.
LA Guy

United States

#298 Apr 3, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>

That's the thing with sociopaths, they believe they belong to an elite group of human and everyone else is less intelligent, attractive, etc. She was out of her league and didn't know it. There are times at trial when she seems to brifely realize it, and she breaks down. But I don't think it's really sunk in yet.
Goodmorning Hydri

She was (is) in a leaque of her own. Doubt if she is a sociopathic, for one thing she is remnorsefull, but most do not see it. She deeply loved TA, not predisposed to murder.

Keep in mind, most have described her as enigmatic (before
incident), which speaks legions. She was in a leaque of
her own, thus the animus from fellow workers and then the
shark tank of TA's peer group when this exotic demure quite
beauty, first came on the scene. I have seen numerous similar reactions to her type.
Jack

Cookeville, TN

#299 Apr 3, 2013
I do not agree but have heard some poeple refer to her as having the Black-Widow Sysndrone.
Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

#300 Apr 4, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if she could change the date/time stamp on the pictures. There's no doubt that she orchestrated the car rental to be out of range and a nondescript color. The rental company testified about her requesting a less vivid color car after she realized the one they gave her was red. They also remembered her as having blonde hair, so she did dye it before arriving at Travis'.
She really is ignorant if she thinks just not having gas receipts will prove she was not in Mesa, Arizona at the home of Travis Alexander. She did have a history of "ninja-ing" in and out when the coast was clear (if you believe her) but when you kill someone and leave your DNA in blood smears plus photo proof, that is beyond damning. Jodi is looking more worn and aging by the day. Any good looks she had are fading. Even if she were to get out by any means (even escaping), she is going to be known everywhere and who would want to be around her except maybe some of her cohorts from jail? Her life as she knew it is over forever.

She still thinks she is better than other inmates, requiring better than the standard jail food. She supposedly pays for this herself or maybe someone else does. She was eating McDonald's fries on the road and purchasing water even though she had a case of water in her trunk. I have never carried a gas can anywhere. Some did when evacuating for hurricanes. That makes sense, but it is still dangerous.
Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

#301 Apr 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Would like to see the pic of her on his bed.
This is a crime of passion, not a 1st degree capital murder case. A plea to a low level manslaughter, about a 5-7 year sentence would be appropriate.
Travis played the Svengali Dom, sexually cruel at times, with this demure fragile Latina. The age old tragedy played out again on the stage of life.
Keep in mind, that Travis went by the moniker of Top Dog.
LA Guy,

Please review this case if you are not familiar with it. Anthony DeBaekeland killed his mother by stabbing her in the heart with a kitchen knife which killed her almost instantly. Then he ordered takeout food to be delivered. He was released after spending a few years in a place for the mentally disturbed. Guess what happened soon after her was released?

http://www.murderpedia.org/male.B/b/baekeland...
Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

#302 Apr 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That would not be punishment fo her, more like pleasure, lol... Don't forget, that Travis went by the moniker Top Dog and soft spoken Jody was designated as his property (see her in property T-Shirt)...hell, they might have even been role playing with a knife, it does happen
Do you really believe that Travis made the tee shirt and underwear or had it made?

The reenactment says she most probably slit his throat in the hallway. Do you really believe they were having sex when she put a knife in his chest? She's in a "fog" but puts the knife in the dishwasher and bed sheets and camera in the washing machine?

The pic axe murdered, Karl Faye Tucker, was petite but still managed to kill two people. Allegedly, one of her victims had a would where he was making gurgling sounds and she wanted it to stop. She found a pick ax and later said she received sexual gratification from the axe murder experience. Didn't Travis A. write somewhere or tell someone he thought he might be dating an axe murderer? With all of her packing of gas cans, Costco water, face cleaner and shampoo, she couldn't remember to pack an axe?

Anyway, Carla Faye Tucker got the death sentence and was put to death in Texas. You might want to know that I believe it was Juan Martinez who put a woman named Wendi on death row. I don't believe Az has executed any women yet. In Texas, the women are not so lucky. Several women, including Karla Faye Tucker, were put to death in Huntsville. I wonder if Jodi knows that her new hairstyle mimics Karla Faye who had long dark hair except Karla's hair was curly. Can Jodi get a permanent while in jail?
Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

#303 Apr 5, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Wow, does anyone outside of LA and NYC know anything about the BDSM world, he emersed Jody in.
This plays to her defense. Shr drove there to service him, which included him roughing her up and debasing her. She snapped, afer all day sessions of humiliationand more.
Was it the Tootsie Pop action or the Pop Rocks that caused her to snap? In the phone sex tape, didn't he mention using Tootsie Pops in their sex play? In her journal they were reading from on tv, one of her entries said that she and he had completed about 90% of the fantasies they each had. I guess she will have to forget about that other 10%. In another journal entry, she hints that snuffing him out is the only way to be free because she can't resist him.
Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

#304 Apr 5, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know the look you're talking about.
Today, they showed all of the times she said I don't know or I don't remember. Does she believe the jury is buying it? She was in a fog but still managed to load the dishwasher, do the laundry, clean some of the crime scene and make calls from her cell phone after he was dead to try to cover her tracks?

When asked why she did not dial 911 after she left, she said she was ashamed of how she acted, but she was so terrified of the ninja male/female killers and that she had only escaped because the gun jammed when they put it to her head. When did she come up with this fabrication or was she hallucinating at the time of the murders? I do not understand why she has not been tested by a psychiatrist and as far as I know, she hasn't had a brain scan to see if she has something going on that caused her go crazy and kill her ex-boyfriend? Or was it just a jealous rage caused by her going through his phone and seeing that he was texting/calling other women and she no longer felt SPECIAL?
The Mickey Rourke/Kim Basinger 9 1/2 Weeks Syndrome. He, Mickey, told Kim Basinger he had played those Dom games with many women before her. Maybe Alyce LaViolette will send Jodi a copy of Nine and a Half Weeks so she can make up some more stories. I can't believe Ms. LaViolette was fooled by Jodi, but then again she is not an M.D./ph.D or even Psy.D. She is a glorified social worker with a Master's Degree. I have a feeling Juan is going to eat her for lunch.
La La Land

Allentown, PA

#305 Apr 5, 2013
With all the self-defense, PTSD and now battered woman theories; the only thing that has been proven to me, is that this was a premeditated murder. There was no memory lapses. She methodically planned that fateful day. She knew it was wrong and tried to hide what she did. When Jodi was finally cornered, she had to admit her guilt, but being the pathological liar that she is, she spun yet another story - she was attacked. How can the jury believe this woman and her defense team when so many theories are thrown at them; all in the hopes that something will stick? I suppose they think that combining all of these theories together somehow provides a pathetic reason for what Jodi did. How anyone in their right mind can believe that logic can be a reason for premeditated murder is beyond me. With all this crap the defense wants the jury to believe, the only real thing that seems believable and logical is that Jodi felt jilted and wanted revenge. She didn't want anyone else to have the one man she so desperately wanted to be with, to marry and have children with some day.

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#306 Apr 5, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
James Tierney, director of the National State Attorneys General Program at Columbia Law School, says that, in a state where it is legal, it is a prosecutor’s responsibility to pursue the death penalty if he believes the case calls for it, and spending the time and money without winning an execution would hardly signal complete failure.
so it is definitely the prosecutor not the DA? I just wonder since Mesa is a Mormon town whether there was a bit of political pressure applied.

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#307 Apr 5, 2013
La La Land wrote:
With all the self-defense, PTSD and now battered woman theories; the only thing that has been proven to me, is that this was a premeditated murder. There was no memory lapses. She methodically planned that fateful day. She knew it was wrong and tried to hide what she did. When Jodi was finally cornered, she had to admit her guilt, but being the pathological liar that she is, she spun yet another story - she was attacked. How can the jury believe this woman and her defense team when so many theories are thrown at them; all in the hopes that something will stick? I suppose they think that combining all of these theories together somehow provides a pathetic reason for what Jodi did. How anyone in their right mind can believe that logic can be a reason for premeditated murder is beyond me. With all this crap the defense wants the jury to believe, the only real thing that seems believable and logical is that Jodi felt jilted and wanted revenge. She didn't want anyone else to have the one man she so desperately wanted to be with, to marry and have children with some day.
But why is she a pathological liar?
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#308 Apr 5, 2013
Jack wrote:
I do not agree but have heard some poeple refer to her as having the Black-Widow Sysndrone.
I am going to refer to her as #4

She likes number codes.
She may become the fourth female to go to Death Row in Arizona.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/20529974/savage-...

I don't think they should execute her as she would probably try to STALK her ex-boyfriend in the AfterLife. She used to ask him to try to astrally project where she was and she didn't realize that TA just got addicted to that sexual release as they pursued their fantasies. I think their relationship was mostly sexual, but she had a fantasy that one day he would see her as wife/mother material. When that didn't materialize and she found evidence of him moving on with other women, she couldn't handle it. How can Alyce LaViolette say there is no evidence of JA being jealous? What does she call someone stalking another person, breaking into accounts, peeping in windows, and being totally invasive plus giving TA no privacy whatsoever. He even told friends there might be a day when he didn't show up at an appointed place, he might be deceased. He had a premonition of his death at the hands of Jodi Arias. Is she really ignorant enough to think she could get away with it and no one would suspect her even with all her bizarre, over the top stalking behavior. Her parents even knew she had mental problems. Her friends knew she had mental problems. Why doesn't Alyce LaViolette get that?
La La Land

Allentown, PA

#310 Apr 5, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
But why is she a pathological liar?
Her lying would fit more with the description of a Sociopath and from how her friends and parents have described her, I'd say she is a Sociopath. Just the same, that doesn't mean she's not a pathological liar also. Her lying abilities may have developed in childhood to get her own way. It doesn't mean she necessarily came from an abusive home. It just means that for Jodi, it was much easier to lie then to tell the truth. Lying was convenient for her.
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#311 Apr 5, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
As to the time/date stamps, I just don't believe the time elapses and that they went from snapping pics to murder in a matter of seconds. I don't think she wants people to believe that she had time to abuse a corpse. In the case I have posted elsewhere here, a son killed his mother simply by grabbing a kitchen knife and plunging it quickly into her chest and then waiting for her to die. He then ordered takeout and I think he called an ambulance but knew she was already dead. I think he got sent somewhere for mentally disturbed individuals, spent 7 years there, got released to his grandmother and tried hard to kill her as well. She survived. So much for oh these people won't reoffend. Yes, they will. It's been shown in a pattern over and over.

Did I understand it right that there will be no televised court sessions today or maybe until later on into next week?
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#312 Apr 5, 2013
No court today, they have other hearings on Fridays there. This case has really monopolized the court system there.

It did seem to all happen very quickly, but time had passed between their mutual picture taking and her taking pictures of Travis. She had gotten dressed, packed her car to leave. Jodi pulled a lot of mind games with him; this might have been another one that failed.

They've made a big deal about him being mad when he signed something for her and then she left without taking it. There's more to that. Either he knew that Jodi did it on purpose to create a need to return for it, or that she was pouting and making a statement.

She "accidentally" sent text messages to Travis that were meant for another man and then acted so surprised that he reacted (even though that was exactly why she did it). This girl did every sneaky, manipulative and agressive trick she could think of while maintaining her passive exterior. "Who, ME?" Classic passive agressive behavior. They poke at you until you react, then are wounded by your being mad at them. "I didn't mean it like that", "Why are you so upset?" "You're blowing this out of proportion". Or, as Jodi texts after repeatedly pushing buttons and doing subtle poking, "I'm not the one being dramatic, dear".

I suspect Jodi laid awake many nights figuring out how to sweetly stab him and then be the better person and forgive him for bleeding. She makes me ashamed of my gender.
LA Guy

United States

#313 Apr 5, 2013
Hydri

What do u mean, no court today, other hearings, monolpolizing the court system. Thought u were a court reporter and also realized that Pheonix is in the top five largest Cities in our Country.

This weird Judge has been running this trial on the four day lazy work week. Just be more real about this fact.

OK, can you find your car keys?
LA Guy

United States

#314 Apr 5, 2013
Cock a Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it the Tootsie Pop action or the Pop Rocks that caused her to snap? In the phone sex tape, didn't he mention using Tootsie Pops in their sex play? In her journal they were reading from on tv, one of her entries said that she and he had completed about 90% of the fantasies they each had. I guess she will have to forget about that other 10%. In another journal entry, she hints that snuffing him out is the only way to be free because she can't resist him.
Get a chuckle out of you, definately an inquiring mind, seeing things that most miss..talk later about the Karla Faye case and I understand your point

Have stated previously, that I'm a proponet of the DP, but the Arias matter is a simple Manslaughter case

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) 6 hr truth 2,101
Review: Vensure Employer Services Inc. (Feb '13) Fri Grow Up 14
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Aug 25 Zeke the Pinhead 2,564
Review: Sunstar Heating And Aire (Jul '12) Aug 23 brandy trujillo 42
brandy trujillo Aug 23 brandy trujillo 3
Rejoining the LDS Church (Jan '09) Aug 23 LostSoul34 61
FBI arrested 12 east valley residents with mob ... Aug 23 anonymous 9

Mesa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesa Mortgages