Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi ...

Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

There are 687 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Tex Empires

Spring, TX

#232 Mar 30, 2013
p.s. Speaking of behinds, what is her obsession with describing sessions of anal sex with him? Is that to try to further put out the pedophilia defense? Even if his door did swing that way, that is not a defense for her brutally killing him. I could see her steering away from him and maybe trying to get him to seek help if that were real. Nothing was found to substantiate her claims. I saw some testimony where she claimed that he rubbed against her and ejaculated on her back but that didn't make her angry. None of her stories make any sense. I don't think she has told the truth yet. There had to be something that made her snap. I also read (no I don't have a link) that she was ambidextrous and that might have been how she was able to do all the damage she did and clean up, etc.

I do think she thought she was smarter than others and could talk/flirt her way out of this situation. I don't buy the low self-esteem, PTSD and dissociative amnesia b.s. I think under the right conditions she could remember what she did. Unfortunately, there are laws against questioning a person in this manner. She gets all the rights. I saw the picture of his body stuffed in the small shower with all the wounds. She even went for his face and neck. She is a pit bull.
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#233 Mar 30, 2013
Tex, you're right, we'll probably never know the truth. It's hard to get inside the mind of someone like her, but my reasonable mind keeps saying that there's just no justification for the death - particularly the brutality of it - that he suffered.

If we were all allowed to capitalize on and be excused for every injustice (perceived or real) against us in life, and slay our ways through it, we'd be extinct. Everyone's had problems and difficulties, but it's your own responsibility to address them. You can't just act on everything and then cry "mistreated and mentally off". We've swung so far to that in this society now that it's become a mantra.

If we don't stop the excuses, lack of accountability and responsibility, and start enforcing consequences for actions, we're sunk. We've set a precedent for excused violent and self centered behavior, and I think it starts with lazy parenting. It's easier to look the other way than address the reality of what our kids are doing.
Tex Empires

Spring, TX

#234 Mar 30, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22843...

What sticks in my mind is that she a liar. Perhaps she has been able to lie her way out of things in the past and thought she could do so again.

Why do people feel sorry for someone who shot a person and when that person became incapacitated, she chose to stab him and slit his throat. I saw pics of the stab wounds to his head, neck and his slit throat. I'm not sure there is any sentence that would be appropriate for this. Maybe time in a jail cell with Manson? I believe if she got out, she would be a threat again. I am relieved that they are denying everything requested. At the very least, she needs to be behind bars the rest of her days.
LA Guy

United States

#235 Mar 30, 2013
Tex Empires wrote:
I watched some footage just to check out her mannerisms. She was doing things like pushing her glasses up when reading whereas most people would put them on their head like sunglasses if they didn't need them. If she doesn't use them to read, what is the purpose? I noticed when the one who diagnosed her with PTSD was on the stand, she took her glasses off. Then she started with the tongue poking out and licking her lips. Did anyone else catch this? She wears clothes that look like something Goodwill would reject. She has those wispy bangs and hair clips which was a style I used in fifth grade to attract someone's attention. I have also watched footage of her where she said she needed to apologize to a dog she kicked that ran away when she was in high school, but she refused any sort of apology or remorse for what she did to Travis Alexander. Her trying to blame this on her parents seems like a last ditch effort. Many, many people were physically disciplined, probably way worse than her and have not killed in this manner. I think Travis was seeing through her b.s. and called her out on her self-centered, sociopathic tendencies.
I looked up the BDSM scene and it said some bring knife and gun play into the arena. I'm wondering if she convinced him to take it to this level and offered some kind of I'll do this for you after you let me do this to you and he went for it. I don't know the case as well as others. I don't eat, breathe, sleep and obsess over the case. I'm interested in criminology, particularly the psychology of women who kill in this manner. Does anyone wonder why she washed the bed sheets. Maybe some golden or even brown showers going on? I know it's gross, but that might explain the shower scene. Just tossing out some tidbits here and there. Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
You have an open mind, which many posters lack. Also give you credit for doing your research. So apparently you are a female (bangs).

Not bragging, but I called this one the first few pages of the main forum on this one. Even mentioned these extreme BDSM scenarios and that it can all result in tragedy and mayhem. Most women do like some Mild B&D, mosts are subs. TA was an Alpha Stud and was uping the ante with JA. Who knows how he got started into the B&D scene. Strange, when I was in my early 20's some very nice and proper GF's asked to Dom them. I had never even thought about it previously. At times it's just natural chemistry, especiall when a guy is holding strong and has the stamina.
LA Guy

United States

#236 Mar 30, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
The DA and office have the ethical duty to study the evidence and to come up with the highest charge that the evidence will support. Obviously they have plenty of evidence and most think it supports the charge of premeditation. I certainly think it supports a much higher charge than the manslaughter that LAGuy supports. That would be laughable if not so tragic. Financial considerations such as how much the trial will cost should not enter into the analysis.
Tell us something we do not already know, as to prosecutorial considerations. I do agree with financial considerations not being part of the equation, in true DP cases. In Cal, just last year, there was a ballot measure to abolish the DP since it costs too much (failed)

JA was overcharged, DP cases must be reserved for a selected few...she does not fit that profile...I'm a proponet of the DP, but cases like this one play into the hands of the abolishment movement.

Do you have one of those Konji tatts? Think about a different AKA.
Tex Empires

Spring, TX

#237 Mar 30, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an open mind, which many posters lack. Also give you credit for doing your research. So apparently you are a female (bangs).
Not bragging, but I called this one the first few pages of the main forum on this one. Even mentioned these extreme BDSM scenarios and that it can all result in tragedy and mayhem. Most women do like some Mild B&D, mosts are subs. TA was an Alpha Stud and was uping the ante with JA. Who knows how he got started into the B&D scene. Strange, when I was in my early 20's some very nice and proper GF's asked to Dom them. I had never even thought about it previously. At times it's just natural chemistry, especiall when a guy is holding strong and has the stamina.
Since you have more knowledge of the 50 Shades of Grey Darker kind of scenes, what do you postulate happened that she was taking pictures of him in the shower one minute and 2 minutes later he was dead with his throat slit, 29 stab wounds to the back and neck areas, and a gunshot wound to his face? All of this done by one 125 Latina female? He looked pretty stocky in pics. It seemed like he could have fought her unless he was frozen with fear or she incapacitated him with the gunshot wound or blinded him in some way. What are your thoughts?

Some say he was just toying with her emotions and that you should never play cat and house with a potentially psychotic person, must less a sociopath/borderline person.

Sorry, but Samuels comes across as totally incompetent. Seems like maybe someone got to him and he flubbed things on purpose. Not sure about LaViollette. Looking at her size, I'd say she was a victim of abuse herself and therefore is going to see abuse whether it was there or not. Just some off the cuff opinions.
Tex Empires

Spring, TX

#238 Mar 30, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Jodi was reading 9 1/2 Weeks. Travis was no Mickey Rourke and she was no Kim Basinger.
I haven't read the book, but it was supposed to be taken from a real woman's journal. I believe the woman was an English professor and got whisked off into the world of dom/sub. It was fun and exciting at first. Then, at some point, he tried to bring another party into the equation and she freaked. However, she left him instead of killing him. He let her know that he had done that many many times before with many other women. She asked him how he knew she would respond in the way she did and he said he saw himself in her.

I find myself just as annoyed with Jodi as Travis was and I don't even know her. I can't find a way to feel any compassion for her. She drove to him. She kept herself in that situation. She knew he wasn't seriously considering her for anything except sex. Her descriptions of sex don't even make sense sometimes. She would make a very bad writer of sexual material. The excerpt I read from 50 Shades of Grey was terrible writing, but Jodi's is even worse!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#239 Mar 30, 2013
Tex here is a link that speaks to the clothing Arias wears.

I think it is a mighty big jump to assume LaViolette may have been abused herself based on her "size." It could be due to medication or physical issue (thyroid problems).
Tex Empires

Spring, TX

#240 Mar 30, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
Tex here is a link that speaks to the clothing Arias wears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8sWpv2kkeOkXX
I think it is a mighty big jump to assume LaViolette may have been abused herself based on her "size." It could be due to medication or physical issue (thyroid problems).
I guess I should have further explained that I have worked with quite a few women in support groups that were LaViolette's size. I don't know of any that size that were not victims of either sexual abuse or physical abuse or both. It's just a comment, not a judgment or statement of fact.

Since: Jan 13

Bundoora, Australia

#241 Mar 30, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
Caylee - not Calley
Casey - Cassey
reiterate - no reiterte
If I want to have a moniker as you called it of the Country of South Africa I will. BTW, I did not change the avatar at your beheast. It was already change.
lets stick to this murder and not go off track

Bundoora, Australia

#242 Mar 30, 2013
Tex Empires wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Jodi was reading 9 1/2 Weeks. Travis was no Mickey Rourke and she was no Kim Basinger.
I haven't read the book, but it was supposed to be taken from a real woman's journal. I believe the woman was an English professor and got whisked off into the world of dom/sub. It was fun and exciting at first. Then, at some point, he tried to bring another party into the equation and she freaked. However, she left him instead of killing him. He let her know that he had done that many many times before with many other women. She asked him how he knew she would respond in the way she did and he said he saw himself in her.
I find myself just as annoyed with Jodi as Travis was and I don't even know her. I can't find a way to feel any compassion for her. She drove to him. She kept herself in that situation. She knew he wasn't seriously considering her for anything except sex. Her descriptions of sex don't even make sense sometimes. She would make a very bad writer of sexual material. The excerpt I read from 50 Shades of Grey was terrible writing, but Jodi's is even worse!
Micky Rourke isn't even Micky Rourke any more.

Bundoora, Australia

#243 Mar 30, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
La, I bought into your BDSM stuff at the beginning, then I wondered if there was some truth to the intruder story since that neck wound is pretty astounding. nice clean cut like nothing I can get done in my kitchen.
However, I can get ALV testimony. When you marry that with Chris and Sky Hughes and how their emails have been such a point of contention. JM didn't want them admitted. Sky said she didn't want her sister to date TA. It was Sky who introduced Jodi to Ryan. I don't know what to think of the Hughes except they made up their mind and didn't wait for the police investigation and the testimony at court and for the jury to decide. If you go to youtube and watch day 10 part 3 and see chris hughes being crossed by nurmi. Chris has to read a three page response to Travis email. He wrote it. He should be familiar with it but he takes ages to read it. For a smart man it is too long. He then asks what part they want to focus on. Nurmi said read the whole thing. He is not giving him any clues. Martinez objects and during the side bar you get to see chris reading his email and then he starts nodding his head like he has worked out what he will say. "yes, I'll spin it this way". Except Nurmi hardly lets him speak and he looks frustrated. If I were inclined to flights of fantasy I might wonder if the Ninja story is true. How come those letters that travis wrote were only photocopies? What happened to the originals? How come how travis died is suspiciously like blood atonement? How come Jodi allegedly stole the gun but Travis was really killed by a knife? How was she able to achieve all that in 96 seconds? Why does Jodi say in her police interview "it is better if people think I am the only one involved" Flores tries to get her to cough up another name.

Bundoora, Australia

#245 Mar 30, 2013
Tex Empires wrote:
p.s. Speaking of behinds, what is her obsession with describing sessions of anal sex with him? Is that to try to further put out the pedophilia defense? Even if his door did swing that way, that is not a defense for her brutally killing him. I could see her steering away from him and maybe trying to get him to seek help if that were real. Nothing was found to substantiate her claims. I saw some testimony where she claimed that he rubbed against her and ejaculated on her back but that didn't make her angry. None of her stories make any sense. I don't think she has told the truth yet. There had to be something that made her snap. I also read (no I don't have a link) that she was ambidextrous and that might have been how she was able to do all the damage she did and clean up, etc.
I do think she thought she was smarter than others and could talk/flirt her way out of this situation. I don't buy the low self-esteem, PTSD and dissociative amnesia b.s. I think under the right conditions she could remember what she did. Unfortunately, there are laws against questioning a person in this manner. She gets all the rights. I saw the picture of his body stuffed in the small shower with all the wounds. She even went for his face and neck. She is a pit bull.
If his door swung that way with an adult partner it doesn't matter. If his door swung that way with a child then it does matter. There is the layering of the recorded phone coversation where she is evidently leading him. As a man I could not be lead into that particular fantasy. EVER. I am not interested in anyone I can't have a reasonable conversation with. What do you talk about with 12 year olds? Barbie and the Crystal Palace? The Hughes emails are particularly telling. Go to Day 10 part 3 of the trial with Chris being crossed. JM didn't want the emails admitted. They seem to be a confession of Travis for his pedophilia.

Bundoora, Australia

#246 Mar 30, 2013
A Reader wrote:
I have a question regarding the manslaughter plea.
I do remember reading that JA was willing to plead to manslaughter, but, the state wouldn't go for it & wanted the DP. It would have save the taxpayers plenty of $$$.
I'm just curious as to why the state wouldn't go for it? Is it b/c they figure they have a slam-dunk DP case? Is it for political reasons? Did TA's family have anything to do with putting the DP on the table?(Can't blame them).
Does anyone know?
I am not sure about family but certainly the Mesa Mormon community has a lot of clout simply because of their numbers there.
I think it was a foolish move. I believed the St Travis version before trial. Now I think he was a pedophile. I am not sure all the truth will come out but this trial has just added another layer to the Jeffs controversy. And I am going to make sure the next lot of Mormon missionaries that knock on my door know how I feel about them because of this case.

Bundoora, Australia

#247 Mar 30, 2013
hybridlment wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to pedophilia. There isn't any proof that he said anything to her that was considered pedophiliac in nature. I meant that I'd been called names, had the phone hung up, rejected, etc. by a man and I didn't murder him. I'm pretty glad at this point in my life that I didn't, too.
I don't put a lot of thought into the Deanna computer. I've always inherited my techie son's "old" computers and he was left as a user on them. It could be a big switcheroo, but with nothing but Jodi's statement that she saw hard copies of pictures of little boys, I haven't considered that allegation as very important in this case. Pedophilia isn't something you just do for kinky sex every once in awhile; it would be evident in other areas when scrutinized as closely as his life has now been.
What about the Hughes email correspondence?
just me

London, Canada

#248 Mar 30, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
Would like to see the pic of her on his bed.
This is a crime of passion, not a 1st degree capital murder case. A plea to a low level manslaughter, about a 5-7 year sentence would be appropriate.
Travis played the Svengali Dom, sexually cruel at times, with this demure fragile Latina. The age old tragedy played out again on the stage of life.
Keep in mind, that Travis went by the moniker of Top Dog.
all religion is messed up
LA Guy

United States

#249 Mar 30, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
all religion is messed up
Buddhist/Confuscious/Lao Tsu quotes of day may enlighten you. I like to start my day with them. Just Google them. We all need to seek humility and the Eastern Winds truly illustrate this.

Religous insitutions (Catholic, Jewish, Protestant) have contribted much to our N American civilization ... just look at the most advanced Universities and Medical Institions.. I was just in DT LA today and drove by Cedars Sanai and St Vincents and
reflected on the contributions of the big three.

There is the good and the not so good to Religions as we have known them.

JA & TA were seeking a higher path, but carnal desires overuled the prudent Mormon teachings.
LA Guy

United States

#250 Mar 30, 2013
Continued

You must be aware of Samuel Clements (Mark Twain). Here' one of his quotes:

Go to Heaven if you want good weather.
Go to Hell if you want good companionship.
hybridlment

Louisville, KY

#251 Mar 30, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the Hughes email correspondence?
I don't know yet. I haven't seen the entire email to put what was referred to into context or heard any other testimony about it, and I'm not sure ALV isn't in someone's pocket or very biased. She seems to have taken what Jodi said and weaved it beautifully into her testimony, and that makes me suspicious. I respect her field and it's very necessary but so many professionals tend to read our studies into every situation. Cops become cynical when dealing with criminals daily, too. There is abuse, and then there is name calling. I'm not sure I can put them on the same level in my mind and justify violence in every case of a man not being a gentleman to a lady.

The Hughes, like many of Travis' friends, make me cringe with their self righteous attitudes and superior demeanors. I detest arrogance and sense so much from all this crowd (including Travis and Jodi). I believe they'll be back into this trial at some point so I'm going to wait for their spin on it.
Tex Empires

Spring, TX

#252 Mar 31, 2013
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
La, I bought into your BDSM stuff at the beginning, then I wondered if there was some truth to the intruder story since that neck wound is pretty astounding. nice clean cut like nothing I can get done in my kitchen.
However, I can get ALV testimony. When you marry that with Chris and Sky Hughes and how their emails have been such a point of contention. JM didn't want them admitted. Sky said she didn't want her sister to date TA. It was Sky who introduced Jodi to Ryan. I don't know what to think of the Hughes except they made up their mind and didn't wait for the police investigation and the testimony at court and for the jury to decide. If you go to youtube and watch day 10 part 3 and see chris hughes being crossed by nurmi. Chris has to read a three page response to Travis email. He wrote it. He should be familiar with it but he takes ages to read it. For a smart man it is too long. He then asks what part they want to focus on. Nurmi said read the whole thing. He is not giving him any clues. Martinez objects and during the side bar you get to see chris reading his email and then he starts nodding his head like he has worked out what he will say. "yes, I'll spin it this way". Except Nurmi hardly lets him speak and he looks frustrated. If I were inclined to flights of fantasy I might wonder if the Ninja story is true. How come those letters that travis wrote were only photocopies? What happened to the originals? How come how travis died is suspiciously like blood atonement? How come Jodi allegedly stole the gun but Travis was really killed by a knife? How was she able to achieve all that in 96 seconds? Why does Jodi say in her police interview "it is better if people think I am the only one involved" Flores tries to get her to cough up another name.
I went back and tried to watch the part where Chris was re-reading the e-mail. Yes, it took forever. It seemed like this was a stalling tactic. My patience wore out and I went to watch the 48 Hours interviews that included Chris and his wife, Det. Flores and others. It's funny that Jodi first said she wasn't there at all, but then when the photos showed up, she admitted she was there but that she had nothing to do with his murder. She even made the challenge that no jury would ever convict her. She's been watching too much "Big Love" with Roman and the polygamists. In the fundamentalist compounds, they do live by different rules/laws. As far as I know, she is not a Fundamentalist Mormon and wasn't interested in the religion until she was trying to reel in a big fish, Travis Alexander.

Interestingly, enough, when asked about her childhood, she said it was pretty much perfect. Did I hear that right? Somewhere I saw where Travis Alexander's was left than perfect with two parents addicted to crystal meth and that the kids were rescued by grandparents. I don't know at what age he was rescued.

I wasn't all that interested in this case. Then you get sucked into the vortex. She now has admitted she did all of it alone. There is no other DNA at the scene, taking away the intruder story possibility.

I also watched a reenactment where it was believed that the fatal stab to the heart was first and that he was then dragged into the bedroom where his throat was slit and that he was shot in the bathroom and stuffed into the shower. Others think he was shot first which I tend to believe. I would think she would have slit his throat next so he couldn't scream for help and then made the final blow to the heart , but I could be wrong. As far as dragging him around, how was she able to do so? There must have been a lot of adrenaline pumping for her to do all that in 96 Seconds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arizona poll worker: System blocked some ballot... Sun jay23 4
Polish white trash Jul 23 HA HA HA 13
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Jul 23 Roach Xlue hill WS 2,086
News Shooting on Galveston Street, Chandler, Az (May '10) Jul 21 Esc1 58
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Jul 18 testosteroneNP 2,536
Review: Sunstar Heating And Aire (Jul '12) Jul 14 JimBakerAZ 33
Moving to Phoenix with my son Jul 13 Cheese Frog 4

Mesa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesa Mortgages