Man kills self in Mesa hostage situation

Apr 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: AZCentral.com

Mesa police said that at about 1:40 p.m., 24-year-old Mark C. Abbott, who was looking for his ex-girlfriend at her house near University Drive and Lindsey Road, confronted the woman's mother before forcing his way inside.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Jason Levine

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

I heard the screaming at 1:40 am
Heather

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

Judged:

Mark is my brother-in-law. He is a kind and loving man, and NEVER would have hurt that family. He and the ex-girlfriend had been high school sweethearts and dated for quite awhile. This is traumatic and hurtful for ALL involved. He was trying to reach his ex at a moment in his short life when he truly needed someone, and I am saddened to know that he was alone in his last moments of life. My husband is aboard an aircraft carrier in the persian gulf, and now has to be airlifted off so he can come home for his brothers funeral. This is truly sad for all people involved.
Anonymous

Ciudad Victoria, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

I knew Mark in high school and his ex girlfriend is a close friend of mine. Hearing this news saddens me greatly.. RIP Mark and to the victims family, much love and support for you all.
Kenneth Pierce

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

I worked with Mark recently and my condolences go out to all of Mark's family.whatever mark was going threw ,I hope his soul finds peace in the afterlife and may his soul rest in the hands of our lord and savior.most importantly, my deepest sympathy for the people who he involved that day in his time of crisis.may you forgive him....on behalf of the people he worked worth at Walmart store 3799...
Friend of Peace

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Why on this earth would you find it necessary to post something so mean at a time when people are suffering?!? You cannot possibly know what Mark was going through. Who made you judge and jury?!! Go back and hide under whatever rock you crawled out from under.
Heather

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Some people are just cruel.. Furthermore, it is between GOD AND MARK as to where his soul goes. It seems to me that you are a heartless person who is so UNHAPPY that you need to stir up drama is other peoples tragedies. I feel sorry for you!!
Heather

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Kenneth Pierce wrote:
I worked with Mark recently and my condolences go out to all of Mark's family.whatever mark was going threw ,I hope his soul finds peace in the afterlife and may his soul rest in the hands of our lord and savior.most importantly, my deepest sympathy for the people who he involved that day in his time of crisis.may you forgive him....on behalf of the people he worked worth at Walmart store 3799...
Thank you Kenneth for your kind condolence. My family is grateful to people like you for your kindness.:-)
Terry Smith

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Obviously he was crazy obsessed. Reason is, they WERE high school sweethearts. Then why was he looking for her after 8yrs. Report does say he was 24-25yrs old. Seems a little weird/crazy! Obviously, it's no ones fault. You're saying people could have helped, that he would never do something like this but yet you were related in some way and you couldn't to help cause you obviously didn't know him well enough to know something was wrong. Seems you're trying to place the blame on someone else. Just saying. We shouldn't state what we don't know
Heather wrote:
Mark is my brother-in-law. He is a kind and loving man, and NEVER would have hurt that family. He and the ex-girlfriend had been high school sweethearts and dated for quite awhile. This is traumatic and hurtful for ALL involved. He was trying to reach his ex at a moment in his short life when he truly needed someone, and I am saddened to know that he was alone in his last moments of life. My husband is aboard an aircraft carrier in the persian gulf, and now has to be airlifted off so he can come home for his brothers funeral. This is truly sad for all people involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Mesa Forum right now

Search the Mesa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Removing the Copper Basin HOA (Sep '09) Sat Fake Moniker 26
Shanesha Taylor: Supporters raise $90K for tear... Sat Tom Virnoy 3
Jodi Arias (Jan '13) Sat notevenreal 252
Review: Fix IT Wireless Apr 17 John 2
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Apr 17 Evil Sick Gee 1,883
real prompt real estate services discriminates (Dec '11) Apr 16 SCW 28
Handmade Jewelry (Aug '09) Apr 16 nikola 2
•••
•••