Two children killed in Mesa car accident

Jan 10, 2009 Full story: AZCentral.com 25

Two children were killed Friday night in a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Sossaman and Elliot roads, officials said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ADA

Mesa, AZ

#1 Jan 10, 2009
I hope they hang the drunks that killed those two little boys. They will be greatly missed by thire family and friends
pmg

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2009
Those two little boys are beautiful little boys and their family loves them more than they will ever know. My heart and prayers go out to them and I pray justice will be served but that will never be enough to make up for this horrific accident.Don't drink and drive is not just a catchy little phrase. An entire family and all of their friends and co-workers, & classmates are devastated- for what? So someone can get loaded! Stay home if you have to drink or call a cab! This didn't have to happen! I am so sorry. May God be with you.
michael

Casa Grande, AZ

#3 Jan 10, 2009
The driver will walk.Thats the way the system works.Some one will have to get their own justice...
myfriend

Mesa, AZ

#4 Jan 10, 2009
sry you guya we will miss you in school!:(
Jay

Mesa, AZ

#5 Jan 10, 2009
This is such a sad story. Let's remember all of the families. Let's keep them in our prayers, their lives never be the same, God bless all of you.
God Bless Nolan and CJ

Mesa, AZ

#6 Jan 10, 2009
January 9, 2009 will never be forgotten as it took the lives of two little angels, and wrecked the lives of many.

Nolan and CJ will be dearly missed, and never forgotten. Our prayers and tears go out to the family during this very difficult time.

God will take care of Nolan and CJ for us, as they are now in a much safer place.

Nolan & CJ -- we all miss you, and love you very much.

-A teary eyed & saddened friend
Layla

Mesa, AZ

#7 Jan 10, 2009
Let's remember the families at this time, and the tragic loss of 2 little boys. My heart goes out to all of the families involved, their lives will be changed forever. GOD BLESS.
Ret Det Russ Russo

Mesa, AZ

#8 Jan 11, 2009
I have a child that was a class mate of CJ in the 5th grade. He was a great kid. I had the chance to hang out with my child Nathalie,Ema, and CJ at ASU for the day on a school field trip. CJ was so funny and full of life. He loved baseball and his family. HE WAS A GREAT KID!! I feel blessed to get to know CJ for just the day and is a great reminder to all of us to just slow down and get to know and talk to the people around you. Get to know the kids that spend time with your children. God bless the family for their great loss. My family and friends will support yours. Your not alone. R.I.P
Anna n Jace Ellis

United States

#9 Jan 11, 2009
Its so much harder for those left behind. Our prayers go out to each and everyone involved. Forgiveness is the first part of healing. Rejoice in the knowledge that they go hand in hand, home. They were and have always been Gods children. And to those injured, may God place him arms around you and comfort you in your days of healing and saddness. You are NOT alone.
God Bless Nolan and CJ

Mesa, AZ

#10 Jan 12, 2009
Yes, CJ and Nolan are both great, well behaved kids with very supportive and kind parents. Their father, Frank was also a great baseball player -- almost as good as CJ!

I met the father about 18 years ago when we were in Junior High, and then High School. We would play football in the cul-de-sac near his Mesa home, and always talked about sports, etc. Nothing but good times.

What excited me most is when Tracy and Frank had their children, and they each took on personalities/traits & interests similar to their parents. I found that CJ was the sports fanatic, full of energy like Frank, and Nolan was a 'lover' with traits like his mama -- both such sweet boys with bright futures ahead.

Personally, I appreciate the posts/comments on this site about these two little angels that are now safe, and looking down at us in Heaven. As difficult as these times are for all of the family and friends, the positive comments help us all to remember them, and smile about all of the good times with the boys, and their parents while we also wipe away the many tears of sadness.

Frank and Tracy will not be alone with all of the love and support from family and friends, and their childrens' spirits will live on, and be by their side every second of every day.

**Always remember to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you... and show them the affection as much as possible...(daily hugs and kisses) as you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Goodnight, and God bless.
Ret Det Russ Russo wrote:
I have a child that was a class mate of CJ in the 5th grade. He was a great kid. I had the chance to hang out with my child Nathalie,Ema, and CJ at ASU for the day on a school field trip. CJ was so funny and full of life. He loved baseball and his family. HE WAS A GREAT KID!! I feel blessed to get to know CJ for just the day and is a great reminder to all of us to just slow down and get to know and talk to the people around you. Get to know the kids that spend time with your children. God bless the family for their great loss. My family and friends will support yours. Your not alone. R.I.P
JUDY

AOL

#11 Jan 12, 2009
i REMEMBER CJ WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER,HE LOVED BASEBALL, I HEAR THE FAMILY WAS JUST VISITING THE FIELD OF DREAMS BASEBALL PARK IN CHANDLER ,
THIS IS SO TRAGIC, THIS IS SUCH A GREAT FAMILY.
THE BOYS ARE NOW SAFE FOR ALL ETERNITY, BUT THE PARENTS WILL NEED SO MUCH SUPPORT ,DON'T LET THEM DOWN.
GOD HELP YOU. SO MANY LIVES ARE IN RUIN BECAUSE OF DRINKING ,JUST DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE ,AND FOR THOSE UNDER AGE YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW THE MINUTE THE BOTTLE GOES TO YOUR LIPS. THOSE PARENTS ARE ALSO IN PAIN ,BECAUSE THERE SON HAS KILLED TWO INOCENT YOUNG BOYS
katie and my son ardian

Mesa, AZ

#12 Jan 12, 2009
Nolan was a good friend of my son while they hung out at VIK together, i could only imagne how you feel Tracy(mother) of the two boys, to ever think such a tragidy could every happen to such wonderful people like you. You will always be in my blesssings, This day will never be forgotten, Please remember we will always be here for you.R.I.P. CJ and Nolan
Sandy Taylor

Tolleson, AZ

#13 Jan 12, 2009
I am so sorry about your loss Frank,Tracy and family. If there is anything that i,my family and friends can do for you and your family. We,are here for you,you are in our prayers. Taylor and VIK family.
Ryan Fisher

Phoenix, AZ

#14 Jan 13, 2009
I am a classmate of one of the driver of the accident that caused it. We are all seniors and were suppose to graduate this year. Its stupid to think getting drunk and driving is ok. Im very sorry for the loss of the two young boys =( This was a huge shock when i heard the gossip at school that one of my peers could be so minless. I am extremely sorry to hear such bad news, and i give the family my prayers
Ryan Fisher

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Jan 13, 2009
by the way i dont know why it is showing that im from Dever Colorado. I am from Gilbert, AZ.
Car Wash Fundraiser

United States

#16 Jan 13, 2009
*** PLEASE READ BELOW, AND PASS ALONG THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW ***
CJ Smith (age 11) and Nolan Smith (age 6) were taken from their family way too soon on 01/09/09 after a drunk driver hit their family car as they traveled home from a Baseball game. These 2 beautiful boys were great, loving children and will forever be in our hearts.
We will be having a Car Wash on Saturday, January 17th 2009 at the Famous Sams on Power and University to help raise money for funeral expenses. It will be held from 11am -4pm.
Please come out and show your support and help this family during this very difficult time both emotionally and financially.
The Stafford Family

Mesa, AZ

#17 Jan 14, 2009
Tracy is Meghann's VIK director, Miss Mary is a student worker there, and she knew both of the children that we taken in this tragedy. Daily we discuss her questions about who did this, why CJ and Nolan, what will happen to Ms. Tracy. I see the hurt in her eyes and the misunderstanding as she queries "why would someone do this to little boys?" She even told me today that Ms. Tracy cannot go home because it smells like CJ and Nolan. My heart broke at that instant. As a mother, I cannot fathom the pain that this has brought to this family.
I read the post about being in a better place. True statement, but not enough to assuage the sense of loss that the Smith family must be feeling at this time. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with them during this so poignant of a time.
I drive by the memorial site twice daily on my way to work and well up with tears each and every time that I see it. What a tragedy.
For anyone reading this -- let this be the opportunity you take to talk to EVERY driver that wants to drink and drive, especially ones that have been driving for so infrequent a time. I cannot even begin to understand what it is like to be responsible for taking the life of a child, of anyone really.
Tracy -- this is Meghann's mom -- and my prayers are for you and Frank. I hope that God's grace can be a blanket of comfort and safety for you at this time.
1-9-09 cj nolan smith

Mesa, AZ

#18 Jan 16, 2009
i was a friend of cj and nolan.cj had the biggest smile and was one of the fastset ballplayers i have ever seen i will miss them dearly.
RIP CJ AND NOLAN

Apache Junction, AZ

#19 Jan 16, 2009
also,wanted to note to anyone interested in helping out: the family has a memorial fund set up at wells fargo.
stupid teens

Mesa, AZ

#20 Jan 20, 2009
i need clarification on this. the news says that it was one person, but my friend who goes to school says that there were two people, and one of them was a kid that bullied me when i was younger. i just need to know if there was more than one person in that truck. contact me at stephen_815@yahoo.com. my heart goes out to this family. justice will be served.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caddis Capital scoops up 2 Arizona retirement c... 1 hr Jamestheduke21 1
Review: Brooks Construction Group Inc 5 hr matryshka 1
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) 7 hr fuckdoblachas 1,953
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Tue Nursedui 2,199
Chandler police seek driver in fatal hit-and-run Mon jonesy 1
Debate: Marijuana - Queen Creek, AZ (Aug '10) Jan 23 Steve 10
alvis varney (Aug '11) Jan 21 dylan nunley 6
Mesa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web