Review: Red Koi Japanese Restaurant

Posted in the Mesa Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jason

Gilbert, AZ

#1 Apr 17, 2009
Just went to Red Koi restaurant tonight (4/17) for the very first time, and also the very last time.

We had a coupon which I receievd a few weeks ago, that in very small print that was pointed out to me by our server had already expired.

Ther server asked the manager on duty if they could honor the coupon, but he refused. Where do they get off on that? Red Koi is a somewhat new restaurant, and they given times like these (and from the lack of people there on a Friday night), they shouldnt be turning away customers like that. Extremely bad business.

I hope it was worth it for them. They refused a 15% discount and lost a customer for life. There are plenty of other restaurants in this area that appreciate their customers, and treat them with respect.
Char

Phoenix, AZ

#2 May 2, 2009
Jason,

Sorry that happened to you but did I understand that you left. Too bad because it is probably the best sushi in Az. As a business owner myself, times are tough and I agree that your coupon should have been honored but to not go back and miss out on the fabulous food is your loss. I would ask you try it again. You will be pleasantly surprised and I think the owners have kept today's economy in mind by their pricing...very reasonable. I go every week and LOVE this resstaurant!!!
your both lame

United States

#3 Jun 3, 2009
lady it was 15% , and guy your probly the owner so shut up
Sarah

Tempe, AZ

#4 Jun 11, 2009
I really love this restaurant as well. My husband and I eat there at least once every 2 weeks. We have always gotten great service so I am surprised that they didn't take your coupon.
Kevin

Gilbert, AZ

#5 Jun 30, 2009
Today I made my second trip to Red Koi for lunch. Both dinner and lunch time were really slow. The sushi, yokisoba and pho were all great. I am not sure how long they can stay in business with such low volume, but if you enjoy Japanese food you should definitely give them a try.
Sarah

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Jul 2, 2009
Me & my husband are both fans of pho. Before, we didn't know of any restaurants on this side of town that serves pho. We saw an ad in a circular that Red Koi offers pho at lunch. So, we decided to try it. While we were there, we decided to try sushi also. Wow! The sushi was great! The pho was good also, but the sushi is awesome. Now we go in once a week!
A RED COI EMPLOYEE

Gilbert, AZ

#7 Sep 14, 2009
I have worked at red coi and it is very unsanitary. I have quit that job already and am currently working at a fast food bussiness. And our owner is jason. He does not care about his customers I saw the dishwashers drop things on the floor and just put it on the dish racks its nasty. They havent even had an inspection!! There have been people who have eatin there and gotten sick. I just wanted you all to know before you go and waste money on something discusting.
chauncey

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Oct 24, 2009
your both lame wrote:
lady it was 15%, and guy your probly the owner so shut up
and you don't know the proper usage of "your". It should have been you're. Don't be a hater.
Disappointed

Scottsdale, AZ

#9 Nov 22, 2009
This place is just like other non-Japanese-own Japanese restaurant -- which means that it's so far from the real thing. For those who think this place serves good sushi, have you been to Hiro Sushi in Scottsdale, or Temari in Gilbert?

Not a good place at all. I will never go back.
van man

Mesa, AZ

#10 Feb 2, 2010
I worked eor a company called Mesa Sales,they
invented the term bait and switch!
Beth

Mesa, AZ

#11 Feb 3, 2010
Red Koi restaurant is great! The price is reasonable. Jason, we live in society where the owner has to make a profit somehow. It was your mistake to give a expired coupon. Yes, the point of coupon is to save money but there is an extension to coupons. I'm sorry that you are very cheap. Because you should come back around and try the restaurant out regardless of the 15% discount.
vkr

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Jul 14, 2010
as to the employee, its RED KOI, with a K. you worked there, shouldn't you know?! and we've had four inspections so far...its posted by our front door...and we fired someone for dropping food...don't hate us because you got phased out of shifts...
ridiculous people

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

#13 Aug 3, 2010
This is to the person who cannot even spell correctly to the place where he/she have worked at...

I mean come on! That is pretty hilarious! With all these grammar errors and spelling errors, wow! Like 90 percent of this so called 'review' is full of them. With all these errors, working in the fast food business is probably the best place for you to be working at.
Stephen

Mesa, AZ

#14 Aug 25, 2010
A RED COI EMPLOYEE wrote:
I have worked at red coi and it is very unsanitary. I have quit that job already and am currently working at a fast food bussiness. And our owner is jason. He does not care about his customers I saw the dishwashers drop things on the floor and just put it on the dish racks its nasty. They havent even had an inspection!! There have been people who have eatin there and gotten sick. I just wanted you all to know before you go and waste money on something discusting.
A REPLY: I am there at least once per week. YOU were an employee? How in the world did Jason hire you?!?! You can't spell...4-year old kids can spell better than you can! You say you worked there and YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL THE NAME OF THE PLACE! I love the food there, there is quite a variety and Jason and his wife, Tiffany are wonderful! Currently, the wait staff is very good...Amy is EXCEPTIONAL!
Stephen

Mesa, AZ

#15 Aug 25, 2010
Posting a comment here is INSANE!!!!!
Stephen

Mesa, AZ

#16 Aug 25, 2010
Disappointed wrote:
This place is just like other non-Japanese-own Japanese restaurant -- which means that it's so far from the real thing. For those who think this place serves good sushi, have you been to Hiro Sushi in Scottsdale, or Temari in Gilbert?
How does one say "This place is just like other non-Japanese-own Japanese restaurant -- which means that it's so far from the real thing" (and I guess you meant 'owned'!) THEN SEND PEOPLE TO TEMARI!!!! Temari is owned by a Korean family.
Tabitha and Patrick

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Jan 3, 2011
We go at least 4-5 times a month!! It is always a pleasure to spend time here. Our food has always been delicious and the owners are so personal with us.. They treat us like family. My two year old loves the beautiful fish tanks and I love how clean the restaurant is.. So go try it for yourself..either you like it or you don't. We sure love it!!
Tabitha and Patrick

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Jan 3, 2011
Wow I do not believe this at all...
Tabitha and Patrick

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Jan 3, 2011
Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
A REPLY: I am there at least once per week. YOU were an employee? How in the world did Jason hire you?!?! You can't spell...4-year old kids can spell better than you can! You say you worked there and YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL THE NAME OF THE PLACE! I love the food there, there is quite a variety and Jason and his wife, Tiffany are wonderful! Currently, the wait staff is very good...Amy is EXCEPTIONAL!
you are so right we love Red Koi we go there a lot!! Its a great restaurant!!
tess1

Tucson, AZ

#20 Jan 7, 2011
Red Koi is owned by a very nice couple, he is from Japanese decent and she is of Vietnamese decent. So the owners are are not "Non Japanese". The pho is made from her family recipe and is the best. The sushi is fresh and presented beautifully. A great non chain place for an amazing meal. The menu has plenty of choices that are raw fish free! Something for everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sen. Flake says GOP is 'toast' if it follows Tr... 8 hr Retribution 24
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) 14 hr 1300boy 2,175
Decadence 2018 NYE 21 hr Remi62343 1
Removing the Copper Basin HOA (Sep '09) Nov 20 pissed off 38
sex (Feb '15) Nov 19 Lisa 4
name your gangs in arizona? (Feb '16) Nov 17 Bob Finna Beat U 7
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Nov 16 00NPbeenthere 2,734

Mesa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesa Mortgages