Urethral Injury - 10 years and still in pain
Posted in the Urology Forum
#1 Sep 22, 2009
I ruptured my urethra over 10 years ago and have had problems ever since. I just don't know how to cope with the pain and discomfort anymore. It would be wonderful if anyone could help - I'll try to keep my story as short as possible:
- I ruptured my urethra (surfing accident) and was treated conservatively with a catheter. All appeared back to normal until about 3-4months afterward.
- suddenly ejaculation was painful and difficult, like the fluid was getting stuck, followed by pain in the perinum (between anus and testicles). Erections painful like there is too much pressure - but I have never had a problem gaining or maintaining them at all. Urine flow somtimes good sometimes bad.
- 2 x cystocopy from different doctors has ruled out stricture the cause (I have a very mild stricture from the intial rupture)
- MRI has shown localised scarring around the area of the injury but my latest urologist was not interested
- in the last few months I have noticed my penis becomes incredibly bent after an orgasim and takes a long time to become completely flaccid again which leads me to believe it's scaring getting worse as I get older
- also in the last few months I have a lot of pain in the perinum unrelated to sexual activity which makes it very difficult living day to day
- my current urolgist has diagnosed me with Chronic Prostatitis
- I've tried 3 antibitotics and prostate massage, nothing worked
- my prostate on examination was normal
- my ejaculation now is almost pathetic in that it all jamms up instead of squirting out which causes a lot of pain and completely ruins any chance of having a pleasant orgasm
- I'm seeing my current urologist again next week but not convinced he's got it right
I have not had a relationship for over 4 years as it's just too difficult and painful - sex is rarely enjoyable. I am 34 years old (the intial accident happened when I was 23) and feel that my quality of life is really starting to suffer. I have lived with these constant problems for years but many times things were mildy OK and manageble. Since earlier this year though it's become unbearable.
I'm grateful to anyone who can help me here
Add your comments below
|Penis injury during intercourse (Apr '09)||4 hr||Charles||24|
|Scalding skin in shower... (Jun '09)||9 hr||Namako||13|
|frequent urination problem!!!!!!!! during kidne... (Mar '07)||Aug 8||Bren99||79|
|Very low testosterone - Small Penis? (Dec '11)||Aug 6||Beni233||87|
|post ejaculation, I pee, then I just FEEL like ... (Sep '06)||Aug 6||Hope this helps||1,231|
|Unable to urinate after drinking alcohol (Apr '08)||Aug 5||Scott||47|
|Abdominal pain and rotating pain in both testic... (Oct '06)||Jul 31||bonepile||282|
Find what you want!
Search Urology Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC