Alexander

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2007

I hope my english is understandible - I'm from Russia, but seems like no doctor could help me in my country.
About 8 months ago I felt strong pain in the morning after urination.
From this moment I began to feel endless burning pain in perineum especially when walking, standing (and less when seating or lying), irrepressible frequent urges for urination.
PCR diangnostics and urine test showed nothing, but
doctor prescribed a short course (7 days) of metronidazole and doxyciline.
After that treatment sympthoms left me for about 2 weeks, but somtemies i felt weak ithing pain in the perineum.
2 weeks after sympthoms returned and even more strong than before. Endless pain and irrepressible urge for urination made my life hell.
After that, finger rectal test for prostatitis was made and prostate was found painful and heterogeneous. Cystoscopy showed colliculitis.
Ultrasound showed signs of intermediate prostate calcification, venous stasis. Microbiological test of prostate secretion showed leucocyte 20-40, bacteria staphylococcus epidermis 10.5, enterococcus faecalis 10.3 I had few treatment courses of fluorinequinolones (levofloxacine, sparflo, cipro, etc), and different herbal tablets, adrenoceptor blocking drugs, thermomagnetic therapy, rectal finger massage - about 4 courses totally, 10-15 days each.
It gave me a small relief, but no more.
I hope you could advise me something (at least what kind of tests I should take to have an effective treatment).
Yada

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2007

Alexander wrote:
I hope my english is understandible - I'm from Russia, but seems like no doctor could help me in my country.
About 8 months ago I felt strong pain in the morning after urination.
From this moment I began to feel endless burning pain in perineum especially when walking, standing (and less when seating or lying), irrepressible frequent urges for urination.
PCR diangnostics and urine test showed nothing, but
doctor prescribed a short course (7 days) of metronidazole and doxyciline.
After that treatment sympthoms left me for about 2 weeks, but somtemies i felt weak ithing pain in the perineum.
2 weeks after sympthoms returned and even more strong than before. Endless pain and irrepressible urge for urination made my life hell.
After that, finger rectal test for prostatitis was made and prostate was found painful and heterogeneous. Cystoscopy showed colliculitis.
Ultrasound showed signs of intermediate prostate calcification, venous stasis. Microbiological test of prostate secretion showed leucocyte 20-40, bacteria staphylococcus epidermis 10.5, enterococcus faecalis 10.3 I had few treatment courses of fluorinequinolones (levofloxacine, sparflo, cipro, etc), and different herbal tablets, adrenoceptor blocking drugs, thermomagnetic therapy, rectal finger massage - about 4 courses totally, 10-15 days each.
It gave me a small relief, but no more.
I hope you could advise me something (at least what kind of tests I should take to have an effective treatment).
Look, I figure a sgtraight from the shoulder is better than dodgy crap. Calcification is not good. Always think cancer until proven otherwise and do all to determine that, down to the biopsy.

If no cancer found on biopsy, go for treatment of chronic prostatitis with at least twelve continuous weeks of antibiotics that are found to kill Staph, group D strep and coliform bacteria such as the fluoroquinolones, sulfas, tetratracycline family, nitrofurantoin etc , then a week of flagyl. Seven days will never clear chronic prostatitis. Improve your diet and hydration also.
Roy

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

I have been diagnosed yesterday with Prostatitis first time i have had this and came on very sudden 3 days ago, I had all the usual symptoms like peeing less in day and more at night, and feeling of bladder not being empties. My urine test came up clear but i find my penis has become very shrivelled up especially when i walk and stand if i lie down or sit down its fine, is this a common symptom also a funny pain up my left side of my abdomen since yesterday, I just want to know if these are all common symptoms thanks
Alexander

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2007

Roy wrote:
I have been diagnosed yesterday with Prostatitis first time i have had this and came on very sudden 3 days ago, I had all the usual symptoms like peeing less in day and more at night, and feeling of bladder not being empties. My urine test came up clear but i find my penis has become very shrivelled up especially when i walk and stand if i lie down or sit down its fine, is this a common symptom also a funny pain up my left side of my abdomen since yesterday, I just want to know if these are all common symptoms thanks
Yes, sounds like prostatitis sympthoms, especially this "funny pain". This itching feeling in last 8 months made me completely worn out.
But I don't think prostatitis could really cause impotence or erectal dysfunction (at least in few days).
You need to find a good doctor reeaally fast. Because it could be helped and cause less trouble if treatment is in time.
George31

Nicosia, Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2007

I have done 3 semen analysis and in all of them the sperm count was fine (more than 30m/ml but the motility was awful (arount 10%). In addition the agglutination was not good and the ph was high (8.0). I have visit a doctor who suspected that I have chronic prostatitis, however he was not completely sure. He gave me antibiotics for 6 weeks. I have no other symptoms.

My question is, what are the chances that I have chronic prostatitis? Are the antibiotics the correct treatment?

Thanks
Tanner

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Colloidal Silver is your friend. Also hydration with Oxygenated water. Prostatitis is usually a chronic and recurring condition. Have you been exposed to radiation treatment in the past? Calcification could result from that as well.
justice

Bellville, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2007

l live in south Africa and l have had premature oozing of semen for the past 3 yrs(my sperm used to shoot before this problem)and l have been on a number of antibiotics and my symptoms still persist.My motility is only 5% and my sperm count was really low the last l checked.The lobes of my prostate are slightly enlarged according to the cystoscope and the findings of my semen analysis were that there was skin flora in the specimen.l am 27 and l want to know what's next, my sex life is no existent and l will do anything to restore it if only l knew what to do next
Alexander

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

Tanner wrote:
Colloidal Silver is your friend. Also hydration with Oxygenated water. Prostatitis is usually a chronic and recurring condition. Have you been exposed to radiation treatment in the past? Calcification could result from that as well.
No, I havent. But I was taking some thermotherapy on the prostate. But it even did things worse, so I quit after fifth procedure (I had to visit 10).
Sorry, what do you mean by "colloidal silver"? Do you mean vitamin supplement?
Alexander

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

justice wrote:
l live in south Africa and l have had premature oozing of semen for the past 3 yrs(my sperm used to shoot before this problem)and l have been on a number of antibiotics and my symptoms still persist.My motility is only 5% and my sperm count was really low the last l checked.The lobes of my prostate are slightly enlarged according to the cystoscope and the findings of my semen analysis were that there was skin flora in the specimen.l am 27 and l want to know what's next, my sex life is no existent and l will do anything to restore it if only l knew what to do next
Maybe you should try prostate drainage and some fluorinquinolone antibiotics (like ciprofloxacine and levofloxacine). Also alfa-blockers like tamsulosine (Omnic) should help. It's the medicine most commonly prescribed to patients with a prostatitis... Motility restores when inflammation is cured.
eaunoir

Budapest, Hungary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

Yada wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I figure a sgtraight from the shoulder is better than dodgy crap. Calcification is not good. Always think cancer until proven otherwise and do all to determine that, down to the biopsy.
If no cancer found on biopsy, go for treatment of chronic prostatitis with at least twelve continuous weeks of antibiotics that are found to kill Staph, group D strep and coliform bacteria such as the fluoroquinolones, sulfas, tetratracycline family, nitrofurantoin etc , then a week of flagyl. Seven days will never clear chronic prostatitis. Improve your diet and hydration also.
Above what someone wrote is defenetley WRONG!!!!

Pls do not write stupid things:

enterococus faecalis is a facultative bacteria, can cause prostatitis: tretamnet is with amoxicillin!!! NO doxyciclin or ciprofloxcacin!!! fully resistant

Prostatitis is teratable 100%...it takes months...its very uncomfortable, itch and pain....
DREW

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Ihave had prostititis for 10 years on and off 3 to 4 times per year, and i do get a light pain in my lower left side of my stomach that comes and goes, also pain in prostate mainly when sitting.\
I was told by urologist to get off but and get a
better chair, will this help. feel tied alot of the time. Thanks.
Bob

Wellington, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Hi , I have had 3 or 4 bouts of non bacterial prostatitis in 2 years and although 2 weeks of antibiotics work well, my prostate is often still irritated for weeks and weeks after.I noticed that whenever I had a shoulder massage the pain went away in mygroin . Basically the masseus was pushing down on my shoulder while I was in the sitting position , one side then the other which of course puts weight and pressure down on the sacrum and pelvic floor muscles. Somehow it seems to settle my pelvic nerves down

Anyway I frequently pick and 15 kg barbell over one shoulder then the other while sitting and 20 kg while sitting. It all seem's to help my pelvic nerves .
try it.
paul

Senec, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

i have simmilar problem for more than a year. antibiotics (several types, for example chinolones for a month) didnt help me and even if i made many tests including pcr i was only found alpha heamolytic streptococci 10*5 one another lab says "non hemolytic streptococci". i have no problem with urinating or sex, but perineal burning feeling mostly while sitting.
Brett

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2008

Alexander wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, sounds like prostatitis sympthoms, especially this "funny pain". This itching feeling in last 8 months made me completely worn out.
But I don't think prostatitis could really cause impotence or erectal dysfunction (at least in few days).
You need to find a good doctor reeaally fast. Because it could be helped and cause less trouble if treatment is in time.
I have the same symptoms as you as well as dripping penis, burning tip and urethra pain, etc. and mine developed after I had difficult vasectomy which likely caused infection to my prostate. I have that pain in the left side and the mild erectile dysfunction which is normal. I take Cypro and the common dosage is for 4 to 6 weeks. Improvement is gradual and I find rest very important. My understanding is that the prostate processes antibiotics slowly so that is why it takes time.
Bepatient

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

Guys,
The prostate has to be the least understood muscle there is. I have had this for almost four years now and the treatment has been slow. If you haven't noticed by now this thing is very closely related with stress. Do you ever wonder why your symptoms are less when your mind is on something else? I have been working on my problem with a doctor from Harvard for the past few years. It started with a multiple infection. You must take a prostatic sample and have a PCR test done. Probably a couple times to get rid of any false negatives or positives. You must treat these infections with antibiotics AND MASSAGES. The doctor I am working with has a theory, "kill the inflamation then the bug." In other words you cannot just treat with antibiotics, you just massage and release the pressure causing the inflamation. There is also the theory that since it is a muscle, it must be trained back into shape. Its a long and grueling process that will be frustrating but dont give up. You need to find a good Primary Care Physician that will listen to you and a Urologist that is willing to work with you, most deny the disease exists. Look for research facilities that are in your area. And whoever posted that cancer blog is an idiot. Don't assume cancer, get the proper tests done, especially if you are under 40. And dont ever just take antibiotics unless there is a reason to believe you have that bacteria. Also if you have been diagnosed with an infection treat for "trich" before anything. Supposedly it can harbor other bacteria and protect them from antibiotics. Also look up each anitbiotic before you think about ordering it. Some treat gram positive bacteria and others negative.
Hope this helps,
C
ahmed elagha

Gaza, Palestinian Territory

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

I have been diagnosed with prostatitis. I advise you with the following:
1) Take alph-blocker with low dose antibiotic for long term usage.
2) Try the small willow herb and zymflamend.
3) Take omega-3 supplemets
4) google for broccoli treatment.
Hendrik

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2009

Help! I have been on anti biotics for 2 years. Cipro, Bactrim, Tetracyclin. I have low grade fever and BPH symtoms all the time. My quality of life is terrible. I am thinking of doing Green Light PVP. Any suggestions?
Dima

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Privet, i would like to talk to you a little more about all this issue ... Do you have an e-mail or skype that would allow for easier communication ?
D
All

Zagreb, Croatia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

first about the one that wrote amoxicilin, eaunoir. don't talk rubbish, only few antibiotics are able to penetrate the glans of prostate (not a muscle..wtf?)
amoxicilin can't penetrate me. and if someone knows about it, its me. I've been cured from CP for 7 years.
for me its still not curable. I've tried everything except for the operation, or insertion of antibiotics and stuff into prostate.
I didn't try collodial silver? are there any ppl cured with that?
All u people sick u have my hopes with you. this is a terrible disease. there is a research that proves that prostatitis is the same for the psych as a heart attack.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2011

having suffered chronic prostatitis and doing 7 months of urology research and reading countless failure and success stories...I will put in my 2 cents

First off to the guy stated use nitrofurantoin and flagyl. neither of those medications can penetrate
the prostate. nitrofurantoin may do wonders for an e coli UTI but as stated it can not enter the prostate gland neither can amoxicillin many of these drug names being thrown out can not be used for prostatitis.

onto enterococcus faecalis which is a very strong infection. a man on a forum actually took 6 antibiotics prescribed by his doctor over a 10 month period. sensitivity testing was done in a laboratory...the enterococcus faecalis of this patient was found to be susceptible to many drugs they were all tried and all failed. as a last ditch effort avelox was used avelox is only used when all other drugs fail. avelox is used in hospitals to treat deadly infections that kill people. it is the strongest antibiotic pill that is available. and it is very expensive... avelox was prescribed to said patient for 6 weeks. patient said all prostatitis symptoms were completely gone in 2 weeks

and you can't cure bacterial infections with herbs
and vitamins .. that is just dumb people.. broccoli treatment ? lets apply the non sense to a man dying of pneumoniae..do you think some herbs and broccoli are going to get rid of his pneumoniae ? of course not don't be asinine. by the way pneumoniae bacteria also causes prostatitis it's called klebsiella pneumoniae...

some advice for sufferers ..get a 3 glass urine test done.

cephalosporin antibiotics work wonders for prostatitis but doctors generally only use cipro, doxy, sulfa etc..by the way doxycycline is usually only successful on STD prostatitis caused by organisms such as chlamydia and gonorrhea.. doxycyclineis is usually not effective at killing the different strinas of bacteria found in the prostate. example doxy only kills a couple of strains of Escherichia coli..and most strains of Escherichia coli are resistant to doxycycline and tetracycline antibiotics...

cephalexin covers almost all of the organisms and their particular strains that cause prostatitis accept with the exception of enterococcus faecalis...

if e coli or another organism is suspected that is non STD a 1 - 2 gram shot of Ceftriaxone should be given then 4 weeks of cephalexin prescribed. this would knock out 80% of the chronic prostatitis cases...

instead stupid doctors give 250 mg shots of Ceftriaxone which is not enough to amount to anything and then prescribe doxycycline. so basically you get a tiny shot that weakens said bacteria then it grows back immune when Ceftriaxone runs out and the doxy doesn't do squat. truth is most doctors have no clue how to treat prostatitis and very few urologists do either.... because they do not take the time to research and do case studies. I have done 7 months of research plus read clinical trial studies

I even had to tell my urologist how to treat my prostatitis when the bacteria was located because he wanted to give me an ineffective drug that would not have killed the organism

you have to do urology research and spend the time studying if you don't you will end up with prostatitis for life. I also ended up with an epididymitis infection when the prostatitis infection flowed backwards into the testicle.

and the whole time the doctors said it was all in my head.. what a bunch of quacks I tell ya..you should have seen that dumb ass urologists face when I tested positive for e coli prostatitis. I kept telling him just because the urinalysis is clean it does not mean I don't have a prostate infection. he of course wouldn't listen to me. in the end I had a 3 glass urine test done and proved his ass wrong and got an apology to

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of67
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Urology Forum right now

Search the Urology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prostate problem and no feeling in penis (Jul '07) Wed Miserable 32
post ejaculation, I pee, then I just FEEL like ... (Sep '06) Tue franky johnson 939
frequent urination problem!!!!!!!! during kidne... (Mar '07) Apr 12 Thanks for ur recipe 42
Intense pain in right testicle (Oct '07) Apr 11 Bill 64
Unusual problem of Testicular pain (Dec '06) Apr 10 Jamin Brahmbhatt 363
Very low testosterone - Small Penis? (Dec '11) Apr 9 JoynhMpak 79
Burning Head of Penis , Sore Testicles, And Pai... (Jun '07) Apr 7 JonTheDoc 892
•••
•••
•••
•••