PRIORITY:HIGH~EPIDIDYMECTOMY/Testicular Pain...

Posted in the Urology Forum

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2010

Since: Sep 10

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

PRIORITY:HIGH~EPIDIDYMECTOMY/T esticular Pain...

Dear Friends:

It continues to amaze me how these epdidymectomies and similar surgeries are performed. Only later to find yourself with irreversible/permanent pain or numbness/tingling resulting either from the surgery or nerves block themselves etc...whatever the case may be?!!?

And "NO ONE" seem's to have any real answers or treatments for these blunders for lack of a better term.

Personally, I had an epdidymectomy done after two years of suffering from a bicycling accident(2000-2002). The treatment protocol prior to the epdidymectomy was cold/hot packs (whatever works?) OTC pain med's, athletic supporter.

I have received some relief from Acupuncture which no insurance company will cover.

The latest recommendations from a "Top Urologist/Professor" was a trial coarse of treatment from a physical therapist for myofascial release and pelvic floor PT. A Specialty once again...

Also suggested was to see a pain expert, not necessarily a urologist but a anesthesiologist and a neurologist who specialize in pain.

Say What?!? Who is going to pay for this and has the time and other resources to seek this out while you continue to wait and continue to "suffer?"

In my case I do highly suspect there was some of the epdidymus left behind and scar/nerve/tissue damages resulting.

I have not been pain free since 2002 and have not been able to enjoy some of the simple pleasures of Life.

In retrospect if I knew then what I know now... I would of NOT had the epididymectomy done. Which "appeared" to be a viable option that would provide hopefully a "CURE" not just another form of palliative treatment.

I would greatly appreciate any kind of HELP or feedback on this apparently mysterious health condition resulting from these procedures.

Sincerely, Ralph
Joel

Fenelton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

Discuss if he/she is capable of performing a spermatic cord denervation to alleviate the pain on that side. Usually, before an epidityectomy is done nerve block into the epiditymous shows how " sucessful" removal will be. Often it is a crap shoot though, as perhaps the denervation was what was needed (and can still be done) OR the pain is referred pain from your hips or you sacroiliac joints. Don't give up!
I am having my surgery in two weeks, have had testicular pain for over ten years, and am hopeful. But, if it does not work, we already discussed the denervation. In MY case, removal seemed the best option, as the epididymous feels hard and scarred.
Look into the spermatic denervation. It is relatively new, and not all uro's do or know of it.
Good luck. Nut pain is NO fun! And for the record (having been there done that) becoming addicted to pain medication from pain management is worse and will ruin your life!
Ralph007

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

Hi Joel,
Nut pain is NO fun...You said more than a mouthful there...
My pain was from bicycling accidents! How did your's come about/why do you think?!?
Thanks so very much for your care and concerns. And I do have a little knowledge of SCD. I do not think this hospital in Vermont/New Hampshire offers such an option as SCD. I will further investigate. I imagine I would have to get to a larger city/hospital to find this "specialty" surgery. And from what I have read it appears to have a good record overall.
It still is new as you said and is on the more invasive side. Which I personally prefer avoiding or perhaps I'm just not desperate enough?!?
That being said PLEASE keep me (us) informed as I will have a vested interest in your result and also how complex the SCD will have been?
OBVIOUSLY you'd want the surgeon who's done a decent amount of these SCD's with good results(proven record) doing the procedure for you.
I wish you all the very best and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Anything you'd care to share now and after would be more than welcomed.

Since: Sep 10

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Joel wrote:
Discuss if he/she is capable of performing a spermatic cord denervation to alleviate the pain on that side. Usually, before an epidityectomy is done nerve block into the epiditymous shows how " sucessful" removal will be. Often it is a crap shoot though, as perhaps the denervation was what was needed (and can still be done) OR the pain is referred pain from your hips or you sacroiliac joints. Don't give up!
I am having my surgery in two weeks, have had testicular pain for over ten years, and am hopeful. But, if it does not work, we already discussed the denervation. In MY case, removal seemed the best option, as the epididymous feels hard and scarred.
Look into the spermatic denervation. It is relatively new, and not all uro's do or know of it.
Good luck. Nut pain is NO fun! And for the record (having been there done that) becoming addicted to pain medication from pain management is worse and will ruin your life!
Joel I was hoping to hear what the results of the surgery have been like? Certainly believing for the best for you.
Still suffering and wondering what the next move will be? I have been getting some very good PT and Acupuncture that has helped.
I don't know if this is a Pelvic floor/myofascial issue that will resolve/respond favorably enough so that more invasive steps can be avoided?!?
Any further information/Updates about you and your pelvic pains and treatments deeply appreciated. EVER used or heard of a Theraseat?!?
Blessing's Ralph

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Urology Forum right now

Search the Urology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
frequent urination problem!!!!!!!! during kidne... (Mar '07) Tue Karen Peale 45
pea sized lump on head of Epididymis but no pai... (May '08) Sun Josh 185
Burning Head of Penis , Sore Testicles, And Pai... (Jun '07) Aug 16 Mark 2 916
PLEASE HELPPP!!!!....Why are my testicles movin... (Oct '07) Aug 16 Yolo 32
post ejaculation, I pee, then I just FEEL like ... (Sep '06) Aug 13 unknown 967
4 months of persisitant pain after varicocele c... (Sep '07) Aug 11 Mike 48
Has anyone had a spermatocele (Epididymal Cyst)... (Oct '09) Aug 11 Michael 90
•••
•••