Info wanted on penile fracture healin...

Info wanted on penile fracture healing process...

Posted in the Urology Forum

mtnsurf

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Dec 23, 2011
HI, I'm new to this forum. Some background- I'm 41, single, healthy and enjoy a healthy sex life.

About 4 weeks ago my GF and I were having sex. I was seated in an office chair and she was straddling me and "on top" She basically came up too high and my penis was no longer inside her. She then came down on it with her pelvic bone instead of her vagina. I was fully erect and it bent me in half. The crushing of my penis was accompanied by a snapping or crunching sound. It was the worst pain I've ever felt. It took 3 mg of xanax to calm me down. By morning my penis was turning black so I called the hosp to make sure a urologist was on duty. After about 5 doctors had examined me the urologist told me I could have internal damage to major vessels and he suggested opening the skin 360 degrees and peeling it down to base of shaft to inspect for internal damage. He said if scar tissue sets in after 48 hrs it would be much harder to repair if there was damage. After much inner debate I consented to surgery. They also inserted a catheter to scope my urethra for damage.

They basically discharged me the next day after unwrapping my penis with instructions not to soak my sutures and to finish all meds and that was it. I had it done at a large research hosp. I'm sure the surgeon knew what he was doing but has offered very little follow up info on what to expect during recovery except to avoid sex for 6 weeks. He said he found no severe damage internally but 4 weeks later I'm still experiencing internal burning sensation when I get erect and It seems I'm not getting fully erect. He put in dissolvable sutures which do not dissolve very fast and tend to scar, so I had my GF snip the knots off after 3.5 weeks. they were sewn in vertically with a knot every half cm or so. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. I consented another doctor before having them removed, and he said the skin would have adhered after 3 weeks and they were only causing irritation at that point. If i even get slightly aroused I can feel a burning or pulling sensation near the base of my shaft and up the sides. I'm worried about future problems with erections etc. Before this incident I was still masturbating once or twice a day so my drive was still very strong. I could usually ejaculate 3 times with my GF over a 12hr period witn no problems. So this has really started to mess with my head.

Does anyone have any info or experience with this injurey? What to expect during recovery etc? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Anonymous

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Dec 23, 2011
I should add I'm not intentionally trying to get erect or stimulated. They are occurring at night. I also feel a more mild burning sensation beneath the skin surface which I'm assuming is coming from irritated skin that was peeled down and is inflamed
David

Clarks Summit, PA

#3 Feb 23, 2012
Did you not asked your doctor about this? If you did, what did he say? http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com/
Dr_Alex

Woburn, MA

#5 Feb 15, 2013
You did the right thing by getting immediate medical treatment. Healing can take some time, and it’s best to be patient and take things slowly while the tissues heal. You can support a healthy penis by avoiding smoking, eating right and limiting your intake of alcohol. Applying a penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) can help keep the penis skin, nerves and connective tissue well nourished, as well as promoting circulation – an important factor in healing after an injury.
Shawn

Norcross, GA

#6 Nov 12, 2015
I had penal fracture surgery about 3 days ago and when I get an erection when I sleep it is so painful is there any way to stop the erection from happening?
nevermind

Kathmandu, Nepal

#7 Yesterday
i had sugery before a week but the swelling of the upper part is not reducing as expected and is very painful. Can anyone tell me when the swelling reduces?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
post ejaculation, I pee, then I just FEEL like ... (Sep '06) Thu Mr Naarkus 1,140
Is it dangerous to hold your urine in too long? (Jan '07) Thu thefuck 237
Incontinence after Stenosis of the vesico-ureth... Thu Kevin 2
Constant bladder/urethra discomfort and recurre... (Oct '10) May 24 123abc 67
Orchiectomy for Chronic Testicular Pain? (Jan '09) May 23 HUP 93
My testicles are moving around a lot. What do I... May 21 luk 2
Burning Head of Penis , Sore Testicles, And Pai... (Jun '07) May 20 Jay12461 1,134
More from around the web