Sid

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#153 May 20, 2010
I taken on all your advise thanks, but I Have prayed to God for help clear these symtoms and to forgive my sins and slowly but surely the symtoms are becoming less and less,please keep the faith and God will help you to.I will Pray for all of you and hope you find peace.
BoopBoop101010

United States

#154 May 31, 2010
Allow me to shed some light on this if I may.

I have OCD, ADD, ADHD, Hypochondria, a horrible anxiety disorder, paranoia, and severe depression.

A couple of weeks ago, I went into a walk-in clinic because I had a hypochondria attack. I asked them to test me for every STD. Which they did, and they told me all of my tests were normal, aka, all negative. I then went by and got a complete printout of all of my test results from the past because I have never had a printout of every blood and urine test I have had done. Much to my dismay, they had done a test for EVERYTHING, except for ONE THING, which was HSV-2, a.k.a. genital herpes.

I went back to the walk-in clinic and asked why did they never test me for this? The answer was absolutely pathetic, "We never test someone for it unless they show symptoms." I don't show symptoms, but sometimes my urethra feels a bit pinchy and painful. I would even complain that it feels like something is crawling around in there sometimes. He gave me a clean bill of health, but I told him no, he needs to test me somehow. So they drew my blood, and ran an HSV-1 and HSV-2 anti-body test on me, sent it to the lab. 2 days later, I called in for my results. Both the IgG and the IgC for HSV-1 and HSV-2 came back positive. I was immediately put on three 1 gram pills of Valtrax a day.

After learning my result, I pretty much fell into a depression. I drank two nights in a row heavily. Surprisingly, however, I picked myself up off of the ground a few days later and tried moving on, which even surprised me, considering everything that was happening to me.

Within the following week of learning of the positive results, I began experience a milky discharge through my penis. This was the day before I was to go to my primary care physician to be put on a daily medication of Valacyclovir/Valtrex.

My doctor went ahead and ran the tests for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia again just to make sure. Both came back negative. I waited for a complete urine culture to come back, which came back normal. My doctor told me I had non-specific urethritis, or more specifically, herpetic urethritis, a condition where herpes irritates your urethra and causes it to inflame.

I asked what we could do about it, and he basically said nothing, I have to live with it. Because I never breakout in sores on my penis, they breakout INSIDE of me. The pain can range from a mildly itchy or painful feeling, to where you just want to choke a b*tch.

It has been 3 and a half weeks since I learned of my positive results. I am now experiencing even more penis pain, but discharge is MINIMAL, if there is any at all, but I have ran into A LOT of more stress lately related to my disease and other things in my personal life. I believe the pain is from psychological stress, and any of you writing here complaining of this issue, what is happening to you is happening from psychological stress.

If you do not have herpes, there's also a form of Prostatitis that can be brought on psychologically. And if isn't caused by bacteria, then the only way to treat it is to reduce stress in your life. Herpes can also cause your Prostate to flare up from what I've read, and the only way to treat that is through anti-virals. These are all rare, but hey, so is Herpetic Urethritis, and I have that.

Here's what you should do.
1. Retest for every STD again just to be sure.
2. Also test for Prostatitis.
3. Avoid alcohol, or any substance or drug that will send your immune system into a depression. This will worsen Prostatitis or Herpes if you have it.

If all tests come back negative, then it's a psychological condition, and you should seek help in reducing stress. If you come back positive for herpes, get on Valtrex, and also get help to reduce stress, because stress screws with your immune system.

I'm just starting to live with this condition and it sucks, but don't result to suicide or try to kill yourself. You still have a whole life ahead of you.
fix-this

Grosse Pointe, MI

#155 Jun 12, 2010
i started having some issues after a encounter with a girl friend of mine a week ago. we didn't have sex or oral sex. just kissed and she masturbated me with lotion. the next day i started with lower pelvic pain and burning at my tip of my penis. no discharge or anything like that. it comes and goes by the day. im going in tomorrow to get looked at as i think the lotion got in there, alot of it and caused irritation. i do masturbate alot and i think that makes it worse. i don't think it's an std because i have not had sex in over a month. ive also had urethritis 4 times in my life and it was always from soaps or lotions, never an std. im also worried about prostate problems as i have has alot of issues since i had my first kidney stone back 2 years ago.

any thoughts guys?
Duke

Flushing, NY

#157 Jun 14, 2010
So me and my girlfriend both gradually got the same symptoms. When I urinate it feels like I'm passing razors just through the head of my penis, I have bad lower back pain, my groin is sore as hell which I think to be my lympnodes, my scrotum feels like it's on fire and raw, and I've developed a small sore on scrotum. She suffers from the same exact symptoms besides the sore. We both went to doc and tested and results for gonnohrea and chlamydia came back negative. Does anyone have any suggestions to what it might be. Seems as if the doctors down here don't know much. I'm in pain and need to get this problem resolved asap.
Duke

Brooklyn, NY

#158 Jun 14, 2010
Ok? So apparently nobody uses this site anymore? Or does nobody have any feedback? Is there a better site to go to that we can all get better feedback?
Macneer

Canada

#160 Jul 10, 2010
jack wrote:
I had the same symptoms. doctor said it was chlymidia and gave me 1000mg dose of pzichrocin. cleared up in a few days and good as new. then the test came back negative. so who knows but i feel like a new man at least
jack, did your initial test come back positive for chlamydi ie: urine test or did it take a couple of tries to figure out it was chlamydia as it may have been a different strain for example?
Macneer

Canada

#161 Jul 10, 2010
Duke wrote:
So me and my girlfriend both gradually got the same symptoms. When I urinate it feels like I'm passing razors just through the head of my penis, I have bad lower back pain, my groin is sore as hell which I think to be my lympnodes, my scrotum feels like it's on fire and raw, and I've developed a small sore on scrotum. She suffers from the same exact symptoms besides the sore. We both went to doc and tested and results for gonnohrea and chlamydia came back negative. Does anyone have any suggestions to what it might be. Seems as if the doctors down here don't know much. I'm in pain and need to get this problem resolved asap.
did you cheat on your girl? I'm in the same
boat, but my wife really hasn't shown any symptoms....
kyky

Gradyville, KY

#162 Jul 23, 2010
my bf has been having a sore testical and its worrying me that he may have an std but he says that its bc hes been eating dairy and it could be that and bacteria. im not the smartest person ever really i just need some reassurance from someone that this maybe why please!
grg

Fareham, UK

#163 Jul 24, 2010
Ive had these sympyoms for a year now, burning pain when peeing, penis pain, left scrotum tender so went to the docs had the pee tests and sti tests came back negative, then was lent the book `a headache in the pelvis` witch i recommend for you people to at least read as it helps you understand what is going on down there and relieves some of the fear of the problem.Anyway the pain was so intense and in such an important place(well you want your penis to work dont ya!), that i was overlooking a discomfort and dulll pain that i had in groin radianting from the lower stomach area to the crease in my left leg and also had a tightness of muscles in my pubic area and i believe that all this pain is bought on by pelvic floor muscles in one way or another, i am seeing a physio about this and having a mri scan soon.Also worth noting if i drink alot of sugary tea or caffeine this seems to aggravate things, so drinking alot of warm water kept my body hydrated and helped.Also the worst think i found is to tense up against the pain as this makes things ten times worse, just allowing the pain to be there but not allowing it to affect how you move is tough, very tough but i find it helped me.
grg

Fareham, UK

#164 Jul 24, 2010
N.B what i have previously said is of course unique to me as it FEELS musculaur/nerve/hernia connected, i have no discharge blood or itchs or sores so seek medical advice on your symptoms.Incidentally my syptoms started at a time of alot of stress in my life, split from my missus, started working shift hours so what with being tense unable to relax, not slleping well then this could of all contributed to my symptoms.
verysadddude

Detroit, MI

#165 Aug 4, 2010
Get tested for Herpes...these symptoms fit...sorry to say
Duke wrote:
angie

Florence, KY

#166 Aug 5, 2010
frans wrote:
hi sitting with the same problem itis driving me up the wall seen how many drs urologists cystoscopies antibiotics nothing helps it is now a year please help me am desperate5231
i understand what you are sayingmy doctor is saying he cant find anything on me and i have been on several antibiotics and still not working they say they cant find anthing but there is something wrng wish they would find something out my brother is having similiar problems
angie

Florence, KY

#167 Aug 5, 2010
this is crazy going through the same thing it gets tiringwhen doctors say they cant find anything when you know something isnt right
Yosh

Philadelphia, PA

#168 Aug 11, 2010
Having the same issue as everyone here. All STD's tested neg. I was actually hoping for chlamydia. How sick is that...at least I coulda been treated. It started literally two days after having unprotected oral sex. I can't help but feel like that had something to do with it, or maybe it's just a coincidence. I have a urologist appointment next week. Going to make sure it's not prostatitis. If it is, at least I'll know it's something. How is it that nobody has a clue as to what this could be. Is it that rare? I will try the vinegar method tonight tonight. I got nothing to lose. Just wondering if that worked in the long term? Man this sucks... FYI I'm 34.
Yosh

Philadelphia, PA

#169 Aug 11, 2010
Also, My symptoms are irritated tip of penis and shaft, slighty uncomfortable and sore testicals. No burning when peeing or ejaculating and no open sores on genital area.
Marcelo

Brasília, Brazil

#170 Aug 11, 2010
Some of you are taking clonazepam? By using this drug had burning in the genital area and pain in the testicles.
Becky

Oklahoma City, OK

#171 Aug 24, 2010
my fiancee told me the same thing I knew that it was something bad because I too started hurting all std's came back negative hiv negative and herpes 1 and 2 POSITIVE FOR BOTH OF US
Don

Baltimore, MD

#174 Sep 2, 2010
Sid wrote:
I taken on all your advise thanks, but I Have prayed to God for help clear these symtoms and to forgive my sins and slowly but surely the symtoms are becoming less and less,please keep the faith and God will help you to.I will Pray for all of you and hope you find peace.
Yes please pray for me as well
mellow

Plumsteadville, PA

#175 Sep 13, 2010
all my life i had unprotected sex & about 3 weeks ago i started getting a burning pain when i pee, smelly head of penis & painless red dots appear occasionally. the problem has been escalating & its gotten to the point where i cant have sex with my gf because its burning her vagina & my burning pain is ALL DAY LONG. also my urinary track is very very itchy. my balls, stomach & ass all fell fine. i work long hours on my feet & moving around. no std's. any advise before i go to a doc as to what he should be looking for.
dudeurheadsburni ng

Saint Joseph, MI

#176 Sep 28, 2010
hey try a urinary track infection trust me highly not diagnosed with men yeast infections happen tho men get them exspecially when the girls dirty im dealing with it right now read up on it.. hope this helps good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sensitivity in urethra at base of penis tip 2 hr goodhuman28 1
post ejaculation, I pee, then I just FEEL like ... (Sep '06) 23 hr Marcus 1,014
Pain in left testicle (Sep '06) Apr 22 baela 256
News Bed-wetting blues: Millions of adults suffer, too (Feb '09) Apr 19 Andrew 48 147
epididymal cyst removel? (Jul '13) Apr 18 beachb 3
Unusual problem of Testicular pain (Dec '06) Apr 16 Shiv 370
4 months of persisitant pain after varicocele c... (Sep '07) Apr 16 Fin 54
More from around the web