ruptured testicle
swollen

Surrey, Canada

#1 Jul 29, 2006
well I ruptured my left testicle from a mtn biking crash and it grew to the size of a small potatoe. Luckily I went to ER after 3 days to discover that it had been ruptured and my urologist sent me in for an emergency op to sew back up the rupture. It's now been 2 days since my operation and my testicle is still quite large and hasn't come down in size. How long will it take until the swelling in the testicle decreases?? I'm basically stuck in bed right now as the weight of the testicle is still quite heavy and I need to walk around cuping my scrotum to do anything like take a shower or go to the bathroom. thx for any comments in advance.

E
Kdredi

Austin, TX

#2 Oct 1, 2008
I actually ruptured my left testicle in 2006 and after surgery it took me about a month and a half to gain back comfortable mobility, you should just go easy on the movements as much as possible and eat healthy for a speedy healing process.
chase

Charleston, WV

#3 Nov 22, 2008
I ruptured my left testicle about a week ago in a fight, and waited until today to come to the hospital, which is my current location. They had me come in for an emergency operation, and it turned out I had a blood clot which they inserted a tube for to drain it out. I recommend going to the hospital ASAP if you think something is wrong, because there is a good possibility that you could lose it. As far as the rupture goes, they had to remove the outside membrane(i think) so it wouldn't clot more. Ruptures are serious.
Rex

Ava, MO

#4 Sep 14, 2011
I have a rupture on both testicles. I wonder if this will keep me from fathering children and what should I be doing?
John Burwalk

Smyrna, GA

#5 Jan 5, 2012
I seriously think I ruptured my right testicle. It happened the night before I have written this. It has swelled to a giant size and has caused me pain for the past two days. I am so scared, I have not seen a doctor yet, I am going to tell my parents I need to tomorrow because this is serious. I would really appreciate any comments or help. I really don't know what I would do if I were to lose it. I'm 15 years old and can not think of anything worse than loosing it.
dani

Dubai, UAE

#6 Sep 13, 2012
my left testicle was bigger than my right i thought it was natural, but then i noticed that it felt like it popped. so i searched the int and it turns out to be a problem. i have left it untreated for more than 2 years. is that a big or small problem. :/
Jon

Independence, IA

#7 Oct 24, 2012
dani wrote:
my left testicle was bigger than my right i thought it was natural, but then i noticed that it felt like it popped. so i searched the int and it turns out to be a problem. i have left it untreated for more than 2 years. is that a big or small problem.:/
. I've got the same problem don't know what to do about it either! Thank you for any helpful comments!
Jon

Independence, IA

#8 Oct 24, 2012
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>. I've got the same problem don't know what to do about it either! Thank you for any helpful comments!
idk why it said independence I'm from Denver and helpful comments would be great!
Don

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jan 26, 2013
My right testicle is little bigger but no pain i was kicked
Andy

Rangiora, New Zealand

#10 Feb 16, 2013
I got hit by a cricket ball in the nuts, went to A&E and was referred to hospital, the radiologist identified damage to the testicle so I had to undergo surgery, this was Monday the 11th of Feb, I went into hospital unable to walk. Surgery, released from hospital and back at work by thursday. I lost half of my left testicle. I feel no pain since wednesday and am not taking pain killers, I am genuinely concerned that I have nerve damage, as it seems un natural for me to be in no pain... and part of my scrotum is numb. just saying. this sucks.
Jack

United States

#11 Feb 18, 2013
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>. I've got the same problem don't know what to do about it either! Thank you for any helpful comments!
i also think my right one ruptured & don't know what to do. It happened like 15 years ago & hurt really bad. At the time they couldn't find what was wrong & I struggled in agony until I felt it actually burst. The pain was gone but it left me with some sexual dysfunction & nerve like pain down my leg. Drs.'s always say ' oh I don't think you hurt it that bad & dismiss me. What to do?
Steve

United States

#12 May 18, 2013
I fell off the bumper of my Jeep and racked on the motor arm to the rear wiper. Went to ER for ultrasound and receives two doses of Morphine. Helped slightly. Went to Urologist on Tuesday and got second ultrasound. Found 2 ruptures to my right testicle and had emergency surgery for repair as well as a drain tube for swelling and any infection. The first ER immediately put me on antibiotics to avoid infection. I've been off work and on pain meds for 5 weeks now. It is not a fun injury but if you take it easy, it can be bearable. But you HAVE to take it easy!!!
Steve

Windsor, UK

#13 Jan 30, 2014
When I was 16 I ruptured my left testicle. I always play wrestled my 8 year old sister and this one time I was tickling her and we were lying down. Because she was 8 she didn't know about testicles yet. Anyway to stop me tickling her she pulls my pants up revealing a testicle, I don't notice this and continue tickling her, I guess she must have been curious and decided to grab my left testicle as hard as she could, her finger nails dug into my ball and I was paralysed by the pain I just couldn't do anything but whisper stop. She thought it was funny and continued squeezing until after 20 seconds I couldn't take it any longer and passed out, at this point my ball wansn't ruptured but unlike adults she didn't realise what had happened and continued to think it was funny and continued to squeeze until my ball was ruptured into a squishy mess. I woke up with only 1 bollock.
Steve

Windsor, UK

#14 Jan 31, 2014
Andy wrote:
I got hit by a cricket ball in the nuts, went to A&E and was referred to hospital, the radiologist identified damage to the testicle so I had to undergo surgery, this was Monday the 11th of Feb, I went into hospital unable to walk. Surgery, released from hospital and back at work by thursday. I lost half of my left testicle. I feel no pain since wednesday and am not taking pain killers, I am genuinely concerned that I have nerve damage, as it seems un natural for me to be in no pain... and part of my scrotum is numb. just saying. this sucks.
I only have one testicle to do u think women will still date me?
AMAN

Delhi, India

#15 Apr 3, 2014
i had a ruptured right testicle and had being to the doctor had got my ulta sound done and it is clear by that, but even after all the atibiotics and pain killers i still feel the pain when i jump or do exercise or sex what should i do. im not married and im 28
Steve

Windsor, UK

#16 Jun 7, 2014
AMAN wrote:
i had a ruptured right testicle and had being to the doctor had got my ulta sound done and it is clear by that, but even after all the atibiotics and pain killers i still feel the pain when i jump or do exercise or sex what should i do. im not married and im 28
Have the removed.
Touko

North Hollywood, CA

#17 Jun 25, 2014
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I only have one testicle to do u think women will still date me?
Just get a fake testicle implanted...
mike

Kapuskasing, Canada

#18 Jul 29, 2014
I tore open my scrotum two days ago from a bike accident they sowed it up the next day and now im feeling no pain just severe swelling two days later so im pretty much in the same boat btw no pain killers either
MissingInAction

Greenville, TX

#19 Dec 2, 2014
After I attempted anal sex with my girlfriend without asking she left the room in a tissy and came back with a sledge hammer. I tried to get out of the water bed, and there is a wooden railing that keeps the mattress in place. She caught me mid straddle with it, nailed them perfectly.

I can still walk without issue and after the initial pain I don't feel anything. But inspecting my scrotum I can't really find my left testicle, and the right is a little swollen. But... any ideas on how a heavy bludgeon like that could actually make a testicle vanish would be appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abdominal pain and rotating pain in both testic... (Oct '06) 7 hr ConcededGuy 278
Burning at tip penis and std negative 16 hr ConcernedGuy 1
Enlarged scrotum Mon Unknown 3
Has anyone had a spermatocele (Epididymal Cyst)... (Oct '09) Mon cps53 190
Prostatitis - half year of active treatment wit... (Mar '07) Jul 18 Predatorrr 77
Is it normal for testicle to rotate 180°? (Mar '09) Jul 17 john 23
Erection problem Jul 13 Rishav mehta 1
post ejaculation, I pee, then I just FEEL like ... (Sep '06) Jul 12 TheLucidNight 1,159
More from around the web