Acupuncture for orchialgia ( = chroni...

Acupuncture for orchialgia ( = chronically painful testicle(s) )

Posted in the Urology Forum

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 13, 2012
I'm wondering if any guys who have orchialgia have tried acupuncture and found relief from the awful physical pain. Orchialgia is chronic physical pain in one or both testicles. It's a big mystery in medicine and treatments from MDs are dismal to horrible. Orchiectomy (surgical removal of a testicle) is an option but only works for 50% of the men who undergo it. The man in the losing 50% population can have physical pain much worse than what he had before the orchiectomy--> it's nightmarish PHANTOM LIMB PAIN if a testicle is removed and no pain relief was gained from the surgical loss of the testicle.

Has anyone here tried acupuncture and found relief from the pain of orchialgia? In one specific acupuncture page on pain in the external genitals -- http://bit.ly/A2KImV -- I found the specific point for a needle. If you had a needle placed there, did it help end the physical pain of orchialgia?
EBacupuncturist

El Paso, TX

#2 Sep 10, 2015
Pete_7 wrote:
I'm wondering if any guys who have orchialgia have tried acupuncture and found relief from the awful physical pain. Orchialgia is chronic physical pain in one or both testicles. It's a big mystery in medicine and treatments from MDs are dismal to horrible. Orchiectomy (surgical removal of a testicle) is an option but only works for 50% of the men who undergo it. The man in the losing 50% population can have physical pain much worse than what he had before the orchiectomy--> it's nightmarish PHANTOM LIMB PAIN if a testicle is removed and no pain relief was gained from the surgical loss of the testicle.
Has anyone here tried acupuncture and found relief from the pain of orchialgia? In one specific acupuncture page on pain in the external genitals -- http://bit.ly/A2KImV -- I found the specific point for a needle. If you had a needle placed there, did it help end the physical pain of orchialgia?
Try LV8, LV4 and LV2 on affected side and sancha1 on opposite side. I have added ki10 on affected side at times if tender on palpation.
Jon

Japan

#3 Sep 26, 2015
I've suffered from testicular pain for ten years. Sometimes it's at a level where I can do my work/live my life without too much problem, but other times it's very bad and stops me leading a full life. I've tried acupuncture. Mostly it hasn't helped, although on the odd occasion it seems to have helped a little. I also have a bad back and acupuncture is really effective for the pain, so it's not as if I'm prejudiced against acupuncture. It's worth a try because everyone responds differently and it can't do any harm.
iko2016

Colombia

#4 Apr 11, 2016
Currently i suffer form this condition. Does anyone have any suggestions and success stories to guide me? thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Urology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 months of persisitant pain after varicocele c... (Sep '07) 17 hr toon 90
Has anyone had a spermatocele (Epididymal Cyst)... (Oct '09) Thu Tom 196
post ejaculation, I pee, then I just FEEL like ... (Sep '06) Wed jcyy 1,163
Unable to urinate after drinking alcohol (Apr '08) Aug 20 Robert 46
Pain at the base/root of penis for 10 weeks, h... (Jun '13) Aug 20 Pressure Washer Guy 28
Intense burning sensation in perineum area unde... (Jun '09) Aug 19 Zack 4
frequent urination problem!!!!!!!! during kidne... (Mar '07) Aug 14 CheriShep 68
More from around the web