Robotic Surgical Thymectomy: Techniqu...

Robotic Surgical Thymectomy: Technique of Right Thoracic Approach

There are 7 comments on the Romanian Scientific Community story from Oct 13, 2006, titled Robotic Surgical Thymectomy: Technique of Right Thoracic Approach. In it, Romanian Scientific Community reports that:

Dr Adrian LOBONTIU and Professor Daniel LOISANCE. Robotic Surgical Thymectomy: Technique of Right Thoracic Approach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Romanian Scientific Community.

Mylin Mamuzich

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Nov 9, 2006
Do you think having a Thymectomy helps patients with Myasthenia. I have Myasthenia and I still have my thymus gland. My Doctor does not want to remove it. I would appreciate any info you have for me.
Dr Adrian Lobontiu

France

#2 Dec 2, 2006
Mylin Mamuzich wrote:
Do you think having a Thymectomy helps patients with Myasthenia. I have Myasthenia and I still have my thymus gland. My Doctor does not want to remove it. I would appreciate any info you have for me.
There are different types of Myasthenia Gravis. For some types the removal of the thymus is indicated but for some other the surgery is of no help. I am sure that your doctor after having analyzed your specific case took the right decision in not having it removed. Dr Adrian Lobontiu
Dr Adrian Lobontiu

France

#3 Dec 2, 2006
There are different types of Myasthenia Gravis. For some types the removal of the thymus is indicated but for some other the surgery is of no help. I am sure that your doctor after having analyzed your specific case took the right decision in not having it removed. Dr Adrian Lobontiu
sataybean

Cambridge, MA

#4 Jun 18, 2010
No absolutley do not remove it. Pursue alternative medicine instead until you find help. I had mine removed and I utterly regret it. In fact, I am going devote time to showing how detrimental this experimental operation really is.
medi

Philippines

#5 Jul 4, 2010
Mylin Mamuzich wrote:
My husband did not want a thymectomy. He has myasthenia. He had a tymor on his thymus gland. Our doctors advised it. We are grateful he had the courage to go through with it. The tumor on the thymus gland had become invasive. It hd attached to the heart's pericardium and the lung's pleura.
Webb

San Diego, CA

#6 Oct 25, 2010
I had my thymus removed a year after being diagnosed and immidiatley after the operation I felt 90% back to my old self. I still take mestinon twice daily but I am in really great health and almost never get any symptoms anymore.

It should also be noted that when I had my thymus removed I was only 16 and am now 30.
anon

Dubai, UAE

#7 Apr 20, 2011
I was 21 when i did it seroneative and no tumor and neither antibodies foud. the doctor advised me not to do it but i begged him to do it. Now i dun take any medication at alll!! I was on cellcept,ivig and prednisone and i became fat all meds. now im back to normal.

Basically the thymectomy ( I had the transcervical one ) rewinds the symptoms back to year in the first few months or more. the most recent symptoms will go away first. my ptosis was there since i was 16 and I didnt know wat it was so till now its still there mildly but thts the only thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thoracic Surgery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thoracic Back Surgery One Year Later (May '06) Jan 5 Eddwms 60
News Toronto: Robotic surgery treats early stage lun... (Mar '12) Dec '15 Suzie 7
North American Spine hospital-Texas (Sep '15) Sep '15 scoupie 1
Solid pleural leiaon/nodule? (May '15) Sep '15 MRHogan 2
thoracic (Apr '14) Nov '14 strongjohn55 2
Surgical Staplers used in VATS (Jun '07) Jun '14 A Khanna 18
News Pittsburgh man comes to Erie to treat sunken chest (Sep '13) Sep '13 Bill Mazerowski 6
More from around the web