Surgery often unnecessary for low back pain
Comment about "Surgery often unnecessary for low back pain" Phone Comment 0 Published Today, 14:00 Surgery often unnecessary for low back pain Many people with lower back pain caused by spinal disc degeneration ...
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.
Richmond Hill, Canada
#1 Feb 16, 2009
Great point by Dr. Madigan.
Surgery for relief of low back pain should definitely be the last option, exercise only once all other conservative measures are attempted.
#2 Apr 22, 2009
The choice of back pain treatment often depends on the cause of the pain. There are many alternative options available and so we can get relief even without undergoing any surgery. Spinal decompression has often been used for treating back pain and I read its very effective. Fixed an appointment for my uncle next week at "Back Pain Treatment Bridgeport".
#4 May 6, 2011
Having Back Pain! Maybe TENEVIS can help! TENEVIS shoes are FDA approved, and proven to lower impact and improve your posture! OUR FDA approved shoes can help you to relief back pain!
Here are some tips to get lower back pain relief!
Lower back pain or lumbago affects more than 80% of the people at some stage of life and can be very bothering. No specific reason can be assigned for this disease and the pain can be chronic, moderate and acute. This musculoskeletal disorder impedes free movement of an individual and the serious cases often demand total bed rest. The symptoms sometimes persist for a week and subside and may relapse after a gap of few weeks or months.
1. Pain in back while bending, moving and walking.
2. The pain is felt in the buttocks and pains that can last for 48 to 72 hours.
3. Often the pain may extend below the knee to the foot and ankle.
4. Pain felt while sneezing and coughing.
5. Stiffness in the back and the hip muscles.
Though back pains dont have any specific cause but some underlying reasons can be:
1. Any injury to the back muscles, spine and back bone that can result in this problem.
2. Abnormal functioning of the abdominal organs.
3. Pressure on the nerve roots or Sciatica is another factor.
4. Degeneration of the spinal discs.
5. Spondylosis, Fibromylagia and Osteomyelitis are other causes of lower backache.
6. Even smoking can cause lower backache.
In case of moderate and sub acute back pains some self care treatments and medications are enough to cure the disorder but in chronic cases regular exercises with due precautions must be carried to keep the pain in check.
1. Sleeping with pillows in between the knees or sleeping lying on the back with knees resting on the pillow gives some comfort and so are often recommended by doctors.
2. Exercises are beneficial for chronic back pain as it improves the blood circulation in the muscles.
3. Some backache may require long bed rest depending upon the severity of the pain.
4. Painkillers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen are prescribed to relieve the back pain.
5. Application of heat and ice packs are also found to be beneficial in some cases.
#6 Aug 25, 2011
all nicely said but no help you cant cure or operate wrong diet se my other comments it may help
#7 Jan 13, 2012
This is true. There are practical and practicable exercises to ease low back pain. Practical solutions are also at hand like reconsidering sleeping or sitting positions and change of lifestyle. To have surgery is a complicated move that opens you to whole set of risks and uncertainties. Considering the DePuy lawsuits, so-called safe surgeries should be examined at different angles. See: http://www.depuyhipreplacementlawsuit.com/hip...
Add your comments below
|Which Breast Implant Shape and Size Is Best? Or... (Dec '13)||12 hr||Elise Gingerich||3|
|Sinus Surgery (Jan '07)||Sun||IreneHQ||209|
|Nasal polyp removal (Apr '07)||Jul 19||Soren||855|
|sinus surgery now no smell or taste (Apr '08)||Jul 19||laura||72|
|Migrane headaches after deviated septum surgery (Feb '08)||Jul 17||indu||139|
|Diverticulitis Surgery Complications (Oct '11)||Jun 29||Jnk8392||380|
|Plastic surgeon reveals the weirdest things he ...||Jun '16||Parden Pard||2|
Find what you want!
Search Surgery Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC