India to be largest market for knee, ...

India to be largest market for knee, hip replacements

There are 7 comments on the The Times of India story from Dec 30, 2007, titled India to be largest market for knee, hip replacements. In it, The Times of India reports that:

“The market for DePuy's RP-F (rotating platform high flexion) knees has been steadily increasing since its launch nearly two years ago”

NEW DELHI: India is poised to become the largest market for orthopaedic implants over the next five years, growing at a compounded growth rate of over 30% annually. via The Times of India

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times of India.

Heather

Germany

#1 Apr 9, 2008
Quite honestly, I cannot imagine going to some 3rd world country like India for surgery.

There is a lot more to think of than just hygiene and medical standards. What are the legal implications when something does go wrong? That's when you really want to be in the US or Western Europe.

A friend of mine needed a hip replacement and her insurance plan wouldnÂ’t pay for it. So she went to Germany for surgery. It was only marginally more expensive than India, but they actually kept her in hospital for some 3 weeks to recover and have rehab every day.

That's something one will neither get in the US nor anywhere else.
Cassandra

Tauranga, New Zealand

#2 Apr 14, 2008
Hi Heather,
I am needing hip surgery. I am a recruitment consultant for doctors internationally.. I can assure you that there are several very well qualified doctors in India. I am even considern going there myself to have surgery. I have no doubt from my experience with Doctors from India that you wll get excellent treatment.
Ed - Philadelphia PA

Quakertown, PA

#3 Apr 21, 2008
Everyone should know that Strker was required to post payments to Doctors from 2007-2009. Go to their website and check out your doctor. The monies being exchanged here are absolutely sickening. My doctors and their office has been paid millions of dollars last year alone. How can they have our best intersts at heart with so much money being involved here for individual doctors
Sam

San Jose, CA

#4 Oct 13, 2011
With the growing population requiring hip replacement and the equally growing issues about the surgery, it will be better if patients and would be patients to do research about the procedure. I started reading about it here http://www.hiprecalllaw.com .
Jona

Clarks Summit, PA

#6 Jan 26, 2012
Hip replacements have been popular since most people with hip problems are already experiencing severe pain. Though there were cases of people having to have another surgery to correct the first one. Read all about it at \http://www.depuyhipreplacemen tlawsuit.com .
Jona

Clarks Summit, PA

#7 Jan 26, 2012
Hip replacements have been popular since most people with hip problems are already experiencing severe pain. Though there were cases of people having to have another surgery to correct the first one. Read all about it at http://www.depuyhipreplacementlawsuit.com .
Katty L

Paradise Valley, AZ

#9 Apr 22, 2013
I think that doctors are not the only thing that you need to be worried about when getting a hip replacement surgery. I have read at the http://pinnaclelawsuit.typepad.com that there are some hip implants that have higher failure rate which will fail after a year or two of having it. One should consider all things before deciding to get a hip replacement and it is best to get a second opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Surgery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dr. Craig Amshel, MD Opens New Office in Sun Ci... (Nov '13) Apr 15 Maryann Conley 2
News Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, or Both? Jack... (Jan '15) Apr 11 Halloabove 11
News The Barber's Barber Apr 11 remembering 3
News US surgeons remove donated kidney through vagina (Feb '09) Mar '18 WTH 3
News After Knee Replacement, Play On Mar '18 Mark s 2
News Beware of cosmetic surgery practitioners who ar... (Feb '09) Mar '18 Surgically fart 49
News New protocols improve colon surgery experience Mar '18 Woof Runs 7