Traveling with a THR (total hip replacement) in the age of the TSA

Apr 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ZDNet Blogs

Although we can all expect travel to be more of a pain these days, THR patients should probably plan and allow for extra time when a security checkpoint must be passed.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Mary

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Deborah

New City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2012

With regard to defective hip replacement devices, legal experts report that numerous patients filed lawsuits against Johnson and Johnson. They were the victims of DePuy hip implants failures such as loosening, fractures, and displacements. The following are some of the signs that your hip device is defective swelling, pain bearing weight, pain when rising from a seated position, pain while walking, pain on the thigh or groin area, and pain on the hip area.

For a more detailed explanation, see http://www.depuyhipreplacementlawsuit.com
Mary

Hillsboro, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Driving a car is not permitted for 6 weeks after a hip replacement, and travelling as a passenger during this time is best avoided. Getting in and out of a car risks straining the hip and stretching the healing tissues. During the 1st 6 weeks all non essential car journeys should be avoided. After 6 weeks you can return to driving, but stick to short trips at first. You may also refer at http://www.depuypinnaclelawsuit.com .
marie

Amanzimtoti, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

does anyone regret having THR - I am petirfied that this op is irreversible and that I may have made a terrible desicion

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Surgery Forum right now

Search the Surgery Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nasal polyp removal (Apr '07) Jul 8 Gio 837
sinus surgery (May '06) Jul 7 Patty- 1,795
Slouch at Your Own Peril Jun 25 Alise 1
Knee Replacements with DePuy (Feb '10) Jun 24 Abby MacPherson 89
How to reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction ... (May '12) Jun 23 Melvyn 13
Botox Tops Nip and Tuck in Los Angeles as Anti-... (Dec '08) Jun 23 celine 4
Sex in the City, Erectile Dysfunction and Sexy ... (Jun '10) Jun 23 Herve 14
•••
•••