Traveling with a THR (total hip repla...

Traveling with a THR (total hip replacement) in the age of the TSA

There are 4 comments on the ZDNet Blogs story from Apr 6, 2012, titled Traveling with a THR (total hip replacement) in the age of the TSA. In it, ZDNet Blogs reports that:

Although we can all expect travel to be more of a pain these days, THR patients should probably plan and allow for extra time when a security checkpoint must be passed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ZDNet Blogs.

Mary

Scarborough, Canada

#1 Apr 6, 2012
Deborah

New York, NY

#2 Aug 31, 2012
With regard to defective hip replacement devices, legal experts report that numerous patients filed lawsuits against Johnson and Johnson. They were the victims of DePuy hip implants failures such as loosening, fractures, and displacements. The following are some of the signs that your hip device is defective swelling, pain bearing weight, pain when rising from a seated position, pain while walking, pain on the thigh or groin area, and pain on the hip area.

For a more detailed explanation, see http://www.depuyhipreplacementlawsuit.com
Mary

Hillsboro, OR

#3 Sep 14, 2012
Driving a car is not permitted for 6 weeks after a hip replacement, and travelling as a passenger during this time is best avoided. Getting in and out of a car risks straining the hip and stretching the healing tissues. During the 1st 6 weeks all non essential car journeys should be avoided. After 6 weeks you can return to driving, but stick to short trips at first. You may also refer at http://www.depuypinnaclelawsuit.com .
marie

South Africa

#4 Sep 17, 2012
does anyone regret having THR - I am petirfied that this op is irreversible and that I may have made a terrible desicion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Surgery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Migrane headaches after deviated septum surgery (Feb '08) Tue Jami 147
News Huntington cancer center receives accreditation (Oct '11) Nov 25 Ledbetter 2
Surgery: Metal Braces Nov '17 Tommy78 1
News The Barber's Barber Oct '17 Cemetery Walker 2
News Active older population, better technology may ... (Nov '16) Oct '17 Ryan 2
Dermaplaning Oct '17 mattsalvadore 1
Nasal polyp removal (Apr '07) Sep '17 Bill 865
More from around the web