Indianapolis ranks among worst metro areas on fitness index

May 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The goal is a stretch. But a coalition of more than 40 area organizations and businesses wants to push the Indianapolis metropolitan area from its lowly ranking in a national fitness index to a position among the top 10 by 2025.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Kokomo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

More lies as Indiana wants more people riding bikes instead of driving cars, What better way than to say that Hoosiers rank last in fitness lol. Typical Liberal way to advance their agenda and attack on cars that they hate so much, They want us using more public transit systems , So they can control our movements and where we travel too.Force us to walk and ride more the way they deem fit. Let's see CALIFORNIA has all the nice weather most the time and many places to travel too there. Yet they also have the most car drivers, Yet they are the state with the most liberals as well as New York that wants to demonize car drivers in middle America, When in fact they have the most cars polluting the air. Just because they also have some trains and subways, They feel as though they have the right to tell us in the middle we must abandon our cars and take the bus and taxi or bike and walk to work.
Linda Bledsoe

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Take a look around Indianapolis. The obesity they claim is indeed true. Also there are a lot of smokers in Indianapolis.
nuffsaid

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

Need proof?
The elephant ear stands at the state fair.
Your jaw will drop.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Kokomo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

That would apply to every inner black city in the United States of people of color, yanno wut I means lol.I mean since many black peeps is on welfare and food stamps. Have you seen how big the women are black girls.I Linda are you adding in the pot smokers as smokers also?Most the time I pull up to a red light or stop sign I smell weed and see people toking on weed not ciggs.Many Hawaiian people are Obese and they live in the most beautiful place. They could hardly compare to Indianapolis, Then on many Indian reservations lots of obesity .The NFl HAS MANY OBESE players who are linebackers lol.I wouldn't call beer drinkers obese just because they have beer guts lol. That's just a reserve keg down there hahah.Damn I need to do some ab crunches and more situps , I bet I could crush this beer can with my tummy lol.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

We need a fat tax on all soda and restriction where it is sold.
Mow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Come out and protest this summer. It is good exercise. We will walk the weight of the 1% off you during our walks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sports Medicine Discussions

Search the Sports Medicine Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Broken foot and ankle swelling Jul 2 Leh 1
New Fitness Report Says We Need to Get in Shape... May '14 Guest 1
Severe osteoarthritis knees & workouts Feb '14 Lisa 1
New fitness center uses chiropractic techniquev... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Successful Chiropractor 4
How to Lose Weight in Just 7 Minutes (Dec '13) Dec '13 Hashi 3
Buy steroids from Europe (Feb '13) Dec '13 DavidK 3
Sports Medicine Research @ UW (Dec '13) Dec '13 mrobinson21 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••