What foot is best to start on?

What foot is best to start on?

Posted in the Reflexology Forum

kelly

Ipswich, UK

#1 Jul 9, 2009
Some people only start with the left foot, some with the right, others dont care and start with either. I have heard that the left side of the body represents the past and the right the future and so should always deal with the past before moving on. I would really appreciate comments and ideas related to this. thankyou.
Kay

Gravesend, UK

#2 Jan 14, 2010
kelly wrote:
Some people only start with the left foot, some with the right, others dont care and start with either. I have heard that the left side of the body represents the past and the right the future and so should always deal with the past before moving on. I would really appreciate comments and ideas related to this. thankyou.
The right foot has the beginning of elimination in the IC valve and also the asending colon therefore I suggest you start with the right foot. The left foot has the decending colon therefore I suggest yo finish with the left foot
Right foot is considered the physical foot and the left foot considered the emotional foot therefore it is better to start with the physical and move on to the emotional when the reflexology recepient is more relaxed
Hope this is helpful
Kay

Since: Jan 10

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#3 Jan 27, 2010
I think the two previous comments are both correct ways of deciding which foot to begin on. I personally begin on the left although I was not taught that way - it just seems right for me.

I've also found that many people keep a lot of tension on their dominant side of the body. It is often helpful to work the non-dominant foot first so that some of the tension will be released before moving on. Likewise, if you encounter a foot that is more sensitive than the other, work the least sensitive foot first for the same reason.

http://www.kristenradden.com
Patricia Brown

South Africa

#4 Feb 18, 2010
I was trained to work in systems as such and follow the path of the body.(Right being the patients right etc) We therefore work the big toes first starting with the pituitary gland on the right then left then right big toe foll., by left(including dorsal); then move on to the right foot working the eyes then left foot eyes; then right ears then left; then the base of neck below big toe;, the toe stems alternating between right chronic eyes; then left; then right chronic ears; then left; then the eustachian tube.

Next we do the endocrine/thyroid area and up the oesophagus on right then left. Then do right and then left lungs. Next is the diaphram from lateral right to lateral left.

Then we work liver across stomach to pancreas. Then work small intestines. Thereafter start down the bottom at the appendix and work up the ascending colon then across transverse colon and then descending colon to anus.

Next is the Kidney to bladder on right then left feet. Then work the ovaries; then uterus foll by fallopian tubes also right to left i.e. right ovaries, left ovaries etc. Next is the lymph system.

Then working the side body on the lateral part of the foot from knees to hips to elbows to shoulders. Then the spine on the medial foot from sacral to cervical. We end with work on the bladder/kidney meridian to aid the elimination of any toxins.

It is so easy as you know you are working from the head to the lungs to the digestive tract following the organs in the body as you work down. I hope you find this of interest and useful.

I have not mentioned every part of the endocrine system as you will know where they are and they are worked as you follow the above.

Patricia Brown
Registered Therapeutic Reflexologist in South Africa
bschrag

Houston, TX

#5 Jan 2, 2013
Thank you all for your comments. It is inspiring to read the different approaches and methods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reflexology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yes, Homeopathy CAN Shrink an Enlarged Prostate (Apr '10) Jan '18 james 33
News Foot Massage to Relieve Chronic Back Pain and S... (Jan '10) Apr '17 Tim S 11
Reflexology: Does it Actually Work? (Mar '17) Mar '17 relaxthefeetva 1
macular degeneration (Jan '17) Jan '17 chanel22 1
News Reflexology Offers Some Pain Relief (Apr '13) Dec '16 balalnce 8
News A guide to popular alternative medical treatments (May '14) Nov '16 USS LIBERTY 10
How t get rid of smelly hands after foot treatm... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Ezzie 1