screwtape proposes an episcopal toast

screwtape proposes an episcopal toast

There are 22 comments on the www.virtueonline.org story from Nov 25, 2011, titled screwtape proposes an episcopal toast. In it, www.virtueonline.org reports that:

The news is quite alarming. We hear that this Jefferts Schori woman deliberately received a known pederast priest into the Episcopal Church when she was Bishop of Nevada and now she has been found out. This could prove disastrous to our side and the cause she and we believe in. We insist that you move all hell (if you’ll pardon the pun) to ensure she is not charged or brought to trial for her actions. It would be a huge loss to our side if this was to happen and she was tossed out of The Episcopal Church ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.virtueonline.org.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Nov 25, 2011
from virtueonline:

"Make sure the House of Bishops is duly cowed into silence Ė the silence of the Episcopal lamikins. If anyone has the stomach to rise up and charge her based on the new canons, which were pushed and promoted by her, it would be disastrous ...

"We need her, Wormwood. She is doing marvelous work undermining their precious gospel. Now that she is exporting the Episcopal Churchís Culture Wars into Africa, she is needed now, more than ever. We could not have created her. Her recent denial of the Incarnation was sweet music to our ears."
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#2 Nov 25, 2011
1:45 pm, Friday, November 25, 2011:
RE: screwtape proposes an episcopal toast
..... Make sure that any religion that claims to be Christian enforces on ALL of their members the lifestyle of Jesus, that they follow ONLY the teachings of Jesus, and that they ignore all of the many so-called "Christianities" that were invented after Jesus had been crucified.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 25, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from virtueonline:
"Make sure the House of Bishops is duly cowed into silence Ė the silence of the Episcopal lamikins. If anyone has the stomach to rise up and charge her based on the new canons, which were pushed and promoted by her, it would be disastrous ...
"We need her, Wormwood. She is doing marvelous work undermining their precious gospel. Now that she is exporting the Episcopal Churchís Culture Wars into Africa, she is needed now, more than ever. We could not have created her. Her recent denial of the Incarnation was sweet music to our ears."
LOL!!....

What a bunch of HOGWASH!

RK
Listen to the Word

Kingman, AZ

#4 Nov 25, 2011
Joe DeCaro's observations are called hogwash by RevKen. My observations are called baloney. We tremble at such theological jargon and depth. Like the proverbial ostrich, RevKen in hiding his head in the sand, only to show his derriere to the world. I guess he is mooning us. How juvenile! Lacking any meaningful argument or statistical proof, RevKen can only come up with "Hogwash!" and "Baloney!" I am sure TEC bows before his erudite answers to anyone who brings up the facts and the truth about TEC>
Think Again

Greenville, NC

#5 Nov 26, 2011
Listen to the Word wrote:
Joe DeCaro's observations are called hogwash by RevKen. My observations are called baloney. We tremble at such theological jargon and depth. Like the proverbial ostrich, RevKen in hiding his head in the sand, only to show his derriere to the world. I guess he is mooning us. How juvenile! Lacking any meaningful argument or statistical proof, RevKen can only come up with "Hogwash!" and "Baloney!" I am sure TEC bows before his erudite answers to anyone who brings up the facts and the truth about TEC>
Samson slew 10,000 Philistines with the jawbone of an ass. Rev. Ken embarrasses himself everyday with the same weapon.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#6 Nov 26, 2011
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Samson slew 10,000 Philistines with the jawbone of an ass. Rev. Ken embarrasses himself everyday with the same weapon.
Think Again is your jawbone that old and that big? What did you do without it while Samson was out playing 'kill a human' with a bone? I can see the scene from 2001 when the monkey throws the bone in the air after using it to kill and as it falls the picture turns into the space station. LOL

Here is another fun myth to read.

http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/associate...

Kalanemi

"O King, when the demon Kalanemi, who was carried by a lion, saw that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, carried by Garuda, was on the battlefield, the demon immediately took his trident, whirled it and discharged it at Garuda's head. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, the master of the three worlds, immediately caught the trident, and with the very same weapon he killed the enemy Kalanemi, along with his carrier, the lion.

Purport: "Kalanemi and all the other demons were killed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, and when Sukracarya, their spiritual master, brought them back to life, they were again killed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead."

Srimad-Bhagavatam 8:10:56

"In his previous birth Kamsa was Kalanemi, a demon killed by Visnu. Consequently, Kamsa became a great enemy to all the descendants of the yadu-vamsa, the Yadu dynasty. He even arrested and imprisoned his own father, Ugrasena, for Kamsa wanted to enjoy the kingdom alone."
Think Again

Greenville, NC

#7 Nov 26, 2011
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Think Again is your jawbone that old and that big? What did you do without it while Samson was out playing 'kill a human' with a bone? I can see the scene from 2001 when the monkey throws the bone in the air after using it to kill and as it falls the picture turns into the space station. LOL
Here is another fun myth to read.
http://www.harekrsna.com/philosophy/associate...
Kalanemi
"O King, when the demon Kalanemi, who was carried by a lion, saw that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, carried by Garuda, was on the battlefield, the demon immediately took his trident, whirled it and discharged it at Garuda's head. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, the master of the three worlds, immediately caught the trident, and with the very same weapon he killed the enemy Kalanemi, along with his carrier, the lion.
Purport: "Kalanemi and all the other demons were killed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, and when Sukracarya, their spiritual master, brought them back to life, they were again killed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead."
Srimad-Bhagavatam 8:10:56
"In his previous birth Kamsa was Kalanemi, a demon killed by Visnu. Consequently, Kamsa became a great enemy to all the descendants of the yadu-vamsa, the Yadu dynasty. He even arrested and imprisoned his own father, Ugrasena, for Kamsa wanted to enjoy the kingdom alone."
You really are a loon. Perhaps you should refrain from posting until Ken tells you what to post. At least that way, you won't look like a bigger idiot than you already do.

#8 Nov 28, 2011
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a loon. Perhaps you should refrain from posting until Ken tells you what to post. At least that way, you won't look like a bigger idiot than you already do.
I don't need RevKenís help nor does he need mine. "Orthodox' Episcopalians seem to think the same way. I guess it is our training and attention to our services and rites. Perhaps it is also because we hold our Baptismal Covenant as central to our beliefs.

Isnít it interesting that RevKen and I know far more about the actual text of the Bible then you do? You worship the Bible as if it were God and donít even know what is written in it? Tell me have you ever studied it? Have you ever read it? Have you ever thought or meditated on the text of the Bible. It certainly is not evident from your comments that you ever have done so. I tell that is real entertainment, you heathen hypocrite!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#9 Nov 28, 2011
T McCabe wrote:
Isnít it interesting that RevKen and I know far more about the actual text of the Bible then you do? You worship the Bible as if it were God and donít even know what is written in it? Tell me have you ever studied it? Have you ever read it? Have you ever thought or meditated on the text of the Bible ...
Have you ever believed it?
Think Again

Greenville, NC

#10 Nov 28, 2011
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>

Isnít it interesting that RevKen and I know far more about the actual text of the Bible then you do?
Hahahahahahahahahah.

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

You copy and paste irrelevant verses and then consider yourself a scholar. Wake up loon for you are surely dreaming.
Think Again

Greenville, NC

#11 Nov 28, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever believed it?
She only believes the parts that she has deemed true. Same for Ken.

#12 Nov 29, 2011
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahahahahah.
That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.
You copy and paste irrelevant verses and then consider yourself a scholar. Wake up loon for you are surely dreaming.
Tell me how the words of Christ Jesus can be considered 'irrelevent verses'?

This is your own church's view and official propoganda statement.

From LCMS offical website:

http://www.lcms.org/page.aspx...

Belief and Practice

With the universal Christian Church, The Lutheran ChurchóMissouri Synod teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God: the Father, creator of all that exists; Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan; and the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God's Word and Sacraments. The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.

Being "Lutheran"

Our congregations accept and preach the Bible-based teachings of Martin Luther that inspired the reformation of the Christian Church in the 16th century. The teaching of Luther and the reformers can be summarized in three phrases: Grace alone, Faith alone, Scripture alone.

Sola Scriptura

The Bible is God's inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine.

Think Again

Greenville, NC

#13 Nov 29, 2011
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me how the words of Christ Jesus can be considered 'irrelevent verses'?
This is your own church's view and official propoganda statement.
From LCMS offical website:
http://www.lcms.org/page.aspx...
Belief and Practice
With the universal Christian Church, The Lutheran ChurchóMissouri Synod teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God: the Father, creator of all that exists; Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan; and the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God's Word and Sacraments. The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.
Being "Lutheran"
Our congregations accept and preach the Bible-based teachings of Martin Luther that inspired the reformation of the Christian Church in the 16th century. The teaching of Luther and the reformers can be summarized in three phrases: Grace alone, Faith alone, Scripture alone.
Sola Scriptura
The Bible is God's inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine.
I meant the verses you post are irrelevant to the topic being discussed. You really are a loon.

I know what MY denomination believes the question is do you know what your's believe? If so you don't defend your beliefs very well.

#14 Nov 30, 2011
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant the verses you post are irrelevant to the topic being discussed. You really are a loon.
I know what MY denomination believes the question is do you know what your's believe? If so you don't defend your beliefs very well.
I quote from Christ Jesus most often and I am sorry that you see His reported teachings a irrelevant in any case.

I know that Saul of Tarsus isn't always in agreement with The Word of God who is Christ Jesus Himself but, Saul of Tarsus is just another member of the early church and his words are of no more importance then ST. Francis of Assisi.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#15 Dec 1, 2011
T McCabe wrote:
... I know that Saul of Tarsus isn't always in agreement with The Word of God who is Christ Jesus Himself but, Saul of Tarsus is just another member of the early church and his words are of no more importance then ST. Francis of Assisi.
Unlike Paul, what writings of St. Francis were considered important enough to be part of the biblical canon?

When it comes to Paul/Saul, YOU know nothing at all.

#16 Dec 1, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike Paul, what writings of St. Francis were considered important enough to be part of the biblical canon?
When it comes to Paul/Saul, YOU know nothing at all.
Wrong Again. I do quote from him. It is you that really don't understand Saul of Tarsus and his role in the early church.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#17 Dec 1, 2011
T McCabe wrote:
... It is you that really don't understand Saul of Tarsus and his role in the early church.
I don't just understand him, I believe him, but you don't.

#18 Dec 2, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't just understand him, I believe him, but you don't.
I most certainly do believe in Christ Jesus. I just don't worship a series of books as being equal to Him or any other member of the Trinity. Thinks are simply creations. God is the Creator!

You my heathen friend worship a series of books and forget that God is a Spirit and undefinable. Poor pagan baby, we will pray for you.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#19 Dec 2, 2011
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly do believe in Christ Jesus ...
... you just don't believe Him.
Think Again

Greenville, NC

#20 Dec 2, 2011
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly do believe in Christ Jesus. I just don't worship a series of books as being equal to Him or any other member of the Trinity. Thinks are simply creations. God is the Creator!
You my heathen friend worship a series of books and forget that God is a Spirit and undefinable. Poor pagan baby, we will pray for you.
You worship a god that you have made up in your own mind and who looks and acts a lot like you. You don't believe that God revealed himself and reveals himself to us in and through Scripture.

It is easier for you to worship your god because if you don't like something you can change it. After all, your god is your creation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reflexology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yes, Homeopathy CAN Shrink an Enlarged Prostate (Apr '10) Apr '17 james 32
News Foot Massage to Relieve Chronic Back Pain and S... (Jan '10) Apr '17 Tim S 11
Reflexology: Does it Actually Work? Mar '17 relaxthefeetva 1
macular degeneration (Jan '17) Jan '17 chanel22 1
News Reflexology Offers Some Pain Relief (Apr '13) Dec '16 balalnce 8
News A guide to popular alternative medical treatments (May '14) Nov '16 USS LIBERTY 10
How t get rid of smelly hands after foot treatm... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Ezzie 1
More from around the web